April 2018 Monthly Recap

Another month has come & gone! It’s hard to believe May is just around the corner. Today I’m sharing my April monthly recap with y’all…a few days early! April was a busy month, but definitely a great one! You can read my past monthly recaps here. I have really enjoyed doing these monthly recaps on my blog and it’s been nice to share some personal snippets on here each month!

COFFEE TEE | TURQUOISE EARRINGS | DENIM

APRIL HIGHLIGHTS
April was a really great, but really busy month! I had a lot on my calendar, but it kept me busy, so I can’t complain! My birthday was on the 10th, so I had a few birthday dinners with mine & Nick’s family which was fun! Lately we’ve all had differing schedules, so it was a great excuse to all catch up while celebrating! The weekend after my birthday we headed to my parent’s beach house for a bit of relaxation. We hadn’t been to our beach house since we got married! We laid out by the pool during the day, grabbed drinks & dinner during happy hour at night, and spent some time in the hot tub which is always so relaxing!

SOLID & STRIPED SWIMSUIT TOP & BOTTOMS | LEVI’S SHORTS | MACRAME TOTE STRIPED TOP | DENIM SHORTS | GOLD HOOPS | STRAW BAG (similar option HERE)

This month we also went to opening night at our baseball stadium, had a preview party for a new taco restaurant coming to our town called Taco Mama, and went to Brews & Bubbles which is a great fundraiser event! Even though I was invited to the rewardStyle conference this year I decided to skip out on it. While it’s always really great to see my friends and catch up, it a) landed on the same weekend of Brews & Bubbles and I’ve missed it the last 3 years and b) I never feel like I learn anything worth spending $2000+ over a weekend. While I’m thankful for rewardStyle and LikeToKnow.it, some of their business practices don’t align with mine, so all in all I feel like I made a good decision in not going this year! I know that’s really vague and maybe I’ll go into detail at another time, but I had a few people asking why I wasn’t there this year and that’s the short answer 🙂

HOME
Nothing much changed on the home front this month! We did a bit of spring cleaning, which was much needed. I have a huge pile of clothing and books to donate. We decided to wait until after our honeymoon to anything about our office. Right now the room just has a desk (and our guest bed) but it’s mostly where I store packages that come in. Needless to say it’s in dire need of some TLC when we return…I think the room is giving us both anxiety haha!

BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH
I read a lot of books this month…like a lot! I shared ten of the books I read in my March 2018 reading list & review, but I am already excited to share next month’s roundup! You can see all the books I’m reading HERE.

our kind of cruelty book of the month

WHAT I PURCHASED
This paisley scarf. A great layering piece for spring!
This lightweight sweater. I love the stripes & it’s great for the current weather.
A really colorful dress. I mean, it’s so darn cute!
These mirrored sunglasses. They’re a little oversized, but still cute!

FITNESS
I’ve still been doing BBG. Similar to last month, I haven’t followed it as religiously due to travel, etc. but I’m still chugging along haha! I have repeated any week that I haven’t finished all 3 of my resistance workouts, so that I still get the workout in.

FAVORITE BLOG POSTS ON LIFE WITH EMILY
April 2018 Reading List & Reviews
Eyelet Top & Denim Shorts
28 Things About Me

FAVORITE POSTS I READ THIS MONTH
The Ultimate Guide to Atlanta
– if you’re heading to ATL soon, bookmark this post!
Outsider Assumptions of an Influencer – such a good read!
20+ Spotify Playlists To Listen To – bookmarking for when I’m in a music slump.
Spring Beauty Favorites – Shelby always has great makeup finds.
A Travel Guide to Cartagena, Colombia – It’s officially on my travel list!

CURRENT FAVORITES ON REPEAT

• BEAUTY: I’ve been loving the Becca blush & the highlighter palette I talked about in yesterday’s post!
  • CLOTHING:These shorts & these metallic sandals. Nonstop!
  • TV SHOWSSouthern Charm. I had never watched it but found myself watching a marathon a few weeks ago and I was hooked! I have followed Cameran on instagram for a while (because she’s freakin’ hilarious!) but had never watched the show! I usually have it on in the background during the day and I’m all caught up on the drama!
    • West World. I am so happy it’s finally back! We re-watched a few episodes from last season and I’m excited to see where this season goes… it’s already good! Do any of y’all watch it?
  • PODCAST: Crimetown. I’m almost done with the season. I also had to tune in to My Favorite Murder for their episode about the Golden State Killer being caught. INSANE. P.S. My bestie Bre and I are going to see them live in September and I am sooooo excited!
  • CURRENTLY READING: I just finished reading The New Neighbors last night and I’m currently contemplating what to start next!

Thanks so much for reading!I hope y’all have a great weekend!

1. Aw thanks so much for sharing my post Em! And I am OBSESSED with Southern Charm too. Such a great show. xo

Posted 4.27.18 Reply
  2. Allie wrote:

What a lovely month! I love Southern Charm too, it’s so funny and just relaxing to watch! Happy Friday! xAllie

Posted 4.27.18 Reply

What a fun post! Sounds like you had a great month!

Posted 4.27.18 Reply
  4. Kim wrote:

So many cute outfits and I LOVE that Macrame tote! I need to re-watch the end of season 1 of West World so we can start season 2. I love that show but it can be so confusing!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 4.27.18 Reply
  5. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

Such a happy month!! Hope May is wonderful too x

Posted 4.28.18 Reply

I love this post so much! You’ve always got the best monthly wrap-ups!

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  7. These are some of my favorite posts to read! Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great month you had! I will definetly be checking out some of your favorite blog posts, podcasts, and beauty products you are loving. Happy Monday!

xo, Lydia

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  8. Super cute outfits! Love the Coffee Tee. Also thanks for the book recommendations.

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  9. Lily wrote:

I’m a huge Atlanta Falcons fans and my husband and I are hoping to visit Atlanta this fall — definitely checking out that post you linked. I love BECCA blushes, you can’t go wrong with them. Glad you had a good month, overall.

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  10. Laura wrote:

I am so happy that Westworld is back too!! My hubby and I really liked the first season so we’re excited about the second season!

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  11. maggie wrote:

Southern Charm is one of my favorite shows! Cameron is the best!

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  12. Obviously, your coffee tee is awesome. I’m also digging your book choices and Westworld. I like where they’re going with season two.

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  13. Your March looks are so cute and perfect for Spring! I need that Coffee top!!

Posted 5.2.18 Reply
  14. Love the coffee tee and striped bikini top. So fun and colorful!

Posted 5.2.18 Reply
  15. roxyturtle wrote:

Such a busy month! I always feel so productive in April. I love those turquoise earrings in your top photo!!

Posted 5.4.18 Reply
  16. Victoria wrote:

girl – i love how real you are all the time! i’ve been following you for forever (RIP enh410 LOL)

I’ve been wanting to read The New Neighbors so that’s next on my list!!

xo
    Victoria

Posted 5.4.18 Reply
  17. Jasmine wrote:

I’ve heard great things about WestWorld and I need to jump on the bandwagon.

Posted 5.4.18 Reply
  18. Lindsay wrote:

I’m so happy West World is back too! Looks like you had a busy but fun month!

Posted 5.7.18 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly