Another month has come & gone! It’s hard to believe May is just around the corner. Today I’m sharing my April monthly recap with y’all…a few days early! April was a busy month, but definitely a great one! You can read my past monthly recaps here. I have really enjoyed doing these monthly recaps on my blog and it’s been nice to share some personal snippets on here each month!
April was a really great, but really busy month! I had a lot on my calendar, but it kept me busy, so I can’t complain! My birthday was on the 10th, so I had a few birthday dinners with mine & Nick’s family which was fun! Lately we’ve all had differing schedules, so it was a great excuse to all catch up while celebrating! The weekend after my birthday we headed to my parent’s beach house for a bit of relaxation. We hadn’t been to our beach house since we got married! We laid out by the pool during the day, grabbed drinks & dinner during happy hour at night, and spent some time in the hot tub which is always so relaxing!
This month we also went to opening night at our baseball stadium, had a preview party for a new taco restaurant coming to our town called Taco Mama, and went to Brews & Bubbles which is a great fundraiser event! Even though I was invited to the rewardStyle conference this year I decided to skip out on it. While it’s always really great to see my friends and catch up, it a) landed on the same weekend of Brews & Bubbles and I’ve missed it the last 3 years and b) I never feel like I learn anything worth spending $2000+ over a weekend. While I’m thankful for rewardStyle and LikeToKnow.it, some of their business practices don’t align with mine, so all in all I feel like I made a good decision in not going this year! I know that’s really vague and maybe I’ll go into detail at another time, but I had a few people asking why I wasn’t there this year and that’s the short answer 🙂
Nothing much changed on the home front this month! We did a bit of spring cleaning, which was much needed. I have a huge pile of clothing and books to donate. We decided to wait until after our honeymoon to anything about our office. Right now the room just has a desk (and our guest bed) but it’s mostly where I store packages that come in. Needless to say it’s in dire need of some TLC when we return…I think the room is giving us both anxiety haha!
BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH
I read a lot of books this month…like a lot! I shared ten of the books I read in my March 2018 reading list & review, but I am already excited to share next month’s roundup! You can see all the books I’m reading HERE.
WHAT I PURCHASED
This paisley scarf. A great layering piece for spring!
This lightweight sweater. I love the stripes & it’s great for the current weather.
A really colorful dress. I mean, it’s so darn cute!
These mirrored sunglasses. They’re a little oversized, but still cute!
I’ve still been doing BBG. Similar to last month, I haven’t followed it as religiously due to travel, etc. but I’m still chugging along haha! I have repeated any week that I haven’t finished all 3 of my resistance workouts, so that I still get the workout in.
FAVORITE POSTS I READ THIS MONTH
The Ultimate Guide to Atlanta – if you’re heading to ATL soon, bookmark this post!
Outsider Assumptions of an Influencer – such a good read!
20+ Spotify Playlists To Listen To – bookmarking for when I’m in a music slump.
Spring Beauty Favorites – Shelby always has great makeup finds.
A Travel Guide to Cartagena, Colombia – It’s officially on my travel list!
CURRENT FAVORITES ON REPEAT
- BEAUTY: I’ve been loving the Becca blush & the highlighter palette I talked about in yesterday’s post!
- CLOTHING:These shorts & these metallic sandals. Nonstop!
- TV SHOWSSouthern Charm. I had never watched it but found myself watching a marathon a few weeks ago and I was hooked! I have followed Cameran on instagram for a while (because she’s freakin’ hilarious!) but had never watched the show! I usually have it on in the background during the day and I’m all caught up on the drama!
- West World. I am so happy it’s finally back! We re-watched a few episodes from last season and I’m excited to see where this season goes… it’s already good! Do any of y’all watch it?
- PODCAST: Crimetown. I’m almost done with the season. I also had to tune in to My Favorite Murder for their episode about the Golden State Killer being caught. INSANE. P.S. My bestie Bre and I are going to see them live in September and I am sooooo excited!
- CURRENTLY READING: I just finished reading The New Neighbors last night and I’m currently contemplating what to start next!
Thanks so much for reading!I hope y’all have a great weekend!