April 2018 Monthly Recap

Another month has come & gone! It’s hard to believe May is just around the corner. Today I’m sharing my April monthly recap with y’all…a few days early! April was a busy month, but definitely a great one! You can read my past monthly recaps here. I have really enjoyed doing these monthly recaps on my blog and it’s been nice to share some personal snippets on here each month!

COFFEE TEE | TURQUOISE EARRINGS | DENIM

APRIL HIGHLIGHTS
April was a really great, but really busy month! I had a lot on my calendar, but it kept me busy, so I can’t complain! My birthday was on the 10th, so I had a few birthday dinners with mine & Nick’s family which was fun! Lately we’ve all had differing schedules, so it was a great excuse to all catch up while celebrating! The weekend after my birthday we headed to my parent’s beach house for a bit of relaxation. We hadn’t been to our beach house since we got married! We laid out by the pool during the day, grabbed drinks & dinner during happy hour at night, and spent some time in the hot tub which is always so relaxing!

SOLID & STRIPED SWIMSUIT TOP & BOTTOMS | LEVI’S SHORTS | MACRAME TOTE STRIPED TOP | DENIM SHORTS | GOLD HOOPS | STRAW BAG (similar option HERE)

This month we also went to opening night at our baseball stadium, had a preview party for a new taco restaurant coming to our town called Taco Mama, and went to Brews & Bubbles which is a great fundraiser event! Even though I was invited to the rewardStyle conference this year I decided to skip out on it. While it’s always really great to see my friends and catch up, it a) landed on the same weekend of Brews & Bubbles and I’ve missed it the last 3 years and b) I never feel like I learn anything worth spending $2000+ over a weekend. While I’m thankful for rewardStyle and LikeToKnow.it, some of their business practices don’t align with mine, so all in all I feel like I made a good decision in not going this year! I know that’s really vague and maybe I’ll go into detail at another time, but I had a few people asking why I wasn’t there this year and that’s the short answer 🙂

HOME
Nothing much changed on the home front this month! We did a bit of spring cleaning, which was much needed. I have a huge pile of clothing and books to donate. We decided to wait until after our honeymoon to anything about our office. Right now the room just has a desk (and our guest bed) but it’s mostly where I store packages that come in. Needless to say it’s in dire need of some TLC when we return…I think the room is giving us both anxiety haha!

BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH
I read a lot of books this month…like a lot! I shared ten of the books I read in my March 2018 reading list & review, but I am already excited to share next month’s roundup! You can see all the books I’m reading HERE.

our kind of cruelty book of the month

WHAT I PURCHASED
This paisley scarf. A great layering piece for spring!
This lightweight sweater. I love the stripes & it’s great for the current weather.
A really colorful dress. I mean, it’s so darn cute!
These mirrored sunglasses. They’re a little oversized, but still cute!

FITNESS
I’ve still been doing BBG. Similar to last month, I haven’t followed it as religiously due to travel, etc. but I’m still chugging along haha! I have repeated any week that I haven’t finished all 3 of my resistance workouts, so that I still get the workout in.

FAVORITE BLOG POSTS ON LIFE WITH EMILY
April 2018 Reading List & Reviews
Eyelet Top & Denim Shorts
28 Things About Me

FAVORITE POSTS I READ THIS MONTH
The Ultimate Guide to Atlanta
– if you’re heading to ATL soon, bookmark this post!
Outsider Assumptions of an Influencer – such a good read!
20+ Spotify Playlists To Listen To – bookmarking for when I’m in a music slump.
Spring Beauty Favorites – Shelby always has great makeup finds.
A Travel Guide to Cartagena, Colombia – It’s officially on my travel list!

CURRENT FAVORITES ON REPEAT

• BEAUTY: I’ve been loving the Becca blush & the highlighter palette I talked about in yesterday’s post!
  • CLOTHING:These shorts & these metallic sandals. Nonstop!
  • TV SHOWSSouthern Charm. I had never watched it but found myself watching a marathon a few weeks ago and I was hooked! I have followed Cameran on instagram for a while (because she’s freakin’ hilarious!) but had never watched the show! I usually have it on in the background during the day and I’m all caught up on the drama!
    • West World. I am so happy it’s finally back! We re-watched a few episodes from last season and I’m excited to see where this season goes… it’s already good! Do any of y’all watch it?
  • PODCAST: Crimetown. I’m almost done with the season. I also had to tune in to My Favorite Murder for their episode about the Golden State Killer being caught. INSANE. P.S. My bestie Bre and I are going to see them live in September and I am sooooo excited!
  • CURRENTLY READING: I just finished reading The New Neighbors last night and I’m currently contemplating what to start next!

Thanks so much for reading!I hope y’all have a great weekend!

1. Aw thanks so much for sharing my post Em! And I am OBSESSED with Southern Charm too. Such a great show. xo

Posted 4.27.18 Reply
  2. Allie wrote:

What a lovely month! I love Southern Charm too, it’s so funny and just relaxing to watch! Happy Friday! xAllie

Posted 4.27.18 Reply

What a fun post! Sounds like you had a great month!

Posted 4.27.18 Reply
  4. Kim wrote:

So many cute outfits and I LOVE that Macrame tote! I need to re-watch the end of season 1 of West World so we can start season 2. I love that show but it can be so confusing!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 4.27.18 Reply
  5. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

Such a happy month!! Hope May is wonderful too x

Posted 4.28.18 Reply

I love this post so much! You’ve always got the best monthly wrap-ups!

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  7. These are some of my favorite posts to read! Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great month you had! I will definetly be checking out some of your favorite blog posts, podcasts, and beauty products you are loving. Happy Monday!

xo, Lydia

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  8. Super cute outfits! Love the Coffee Tee. Also thanks for the book recommendations.

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  9. Lily wrote:

I’m a huge Atlanta Falcons fans and my husband and I are hoping to visit Atlanta this fall — definitely checking out that post you linked. I love BECCA blushes, you can’t go wrong with them. Glad you had a good month, overall.

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  10. Laura wrote:

I am so happy that Westworld is back too!! My hubby and I really liked the first season so we’re excited about the second season!

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  11. maggie wrote:

Southern Charm is one of my favorite shows! Cameron is the best!

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  12. Obviously, your coffee tee is awesome. I’m also digging your book choices and Westworld. I like where they’re going with season two.

Posted 4.30.18 Reply
  13. Your March looks are so cute and perfect for Spring! I need that Coffee top!!

Posted 5.2.18 Reply
  14. Love the coffee tee and striped bikini top. So fun and colorful!

Posted 5.2.18 Reply
  15. roxyturtle wrote:

Such a busy month! I always feel so productive in April. I love those turquoise earrings in your top photo!!

Posted 5.4.18 Reply
  16. Victoria wrote:

girl – i love how real you are all the time! i’ve been following you for forever (RIP enh410 LOL)

I’ve been wanting to read The New Neighbors so that’s next on my list!!

xo
    Victoria

Posted 5.4.18 Reply
  17. Jasmine wrote:

I’ve heard great things about WestWorld and I need to jump on the bandwagon.

Posted 5.4.18 Reply
  18. Lindsay wrote:

I’m so happy West World is back too! Looks like you had a busy but fun month!

Posted 5.7.18 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50