Laidback Weekend

A few weekends ago Nick and I woke up with no plans which was glorious. We decided to take a road trip to Raleigh and play around all day and do a little shopping. While we love our city, we also love exploring other cities in North Carolina. There are so many easy day-trips that we can take in our state. Raleigh is a quick hour trip from our house and there are so many delicious restaurants, cute areas, and a lot of great shopping.
We kicked off the day at Rise Biscuits & Donuts in Cameron Village! Our Rise location recently closed and I have missed their donuts SO much. I’m a tried-and-true glazed fan, but also love their sprinkle donuts too! Nick loves their biscuits, so we grabbed our favorites and hit the road for a fun day of exploring. We headed to downtown. Raleigh and grabbed lunch and a few drinks at a few places we’ve wanted to check out followed by a bit of shopping. It was a fun little adventure!
We got to drive the Land Rover Discovery for the day which was an added bonus. If you’re in the market for a new car- you’ve got to check out the Discovery. It’s really spacious and can easily fit seven people with room to spare. The craziest thing is that the seats can be arranged from the touchscreen to suit your exact needs. This would be so handy for those with a large family.  Aside from that amazing feature, the technology is unreal. This specific model has an activity key, which looks similar to a FitBit, that allows you to be active without having to carry a physical key around. It’s dustproof, and waterproof, so this feature is ideal for active families!  I’m partnering with JaguarLand Rover Cary over the next three months to drive this car, so I can’t wait to discover (pun intended!) more features!
Thanks to Cameron Village & Jaguar-Land Rover Cary for partnering on this post. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

1. Allie wrote:

This type of relaxed adventure is my favorite! And what a nice ride! xAllie

Posted 4.16.18 Reply
  2. Leslie wrote:

I LOVE Rise! We have one by our house and one by my office and its such a temptation all the time!

Posted 4.16.18 Reply
  3. Natali wrote:

Gotta love chilled weekends, I know that I appreciate those very much. 🙂
    I like your simple and comfy weekend outfit too!

Posted 4.16.18 Reply
  4. Gotta love Land Rover! I was looking at the Discovery’s but had to go with the Range Rover, the Discovery was a close second though!!

Posted 4.16.18 Reply
  5. I love laid back weekends, and that outfit is so cute! I’ve never driven a Land Rover before and that one looks incredibly comfortable!

Posted 4.16.18 Reply
  6. I LOVE Land Rovers! The new Discovery is so nice too. You seriously can’t beat that new car smell!

Posted 4.16.18 Reply
  7. Laura wrote:

Sounds like a great weekend and how fun that you get to drive around in a Land Rover for the next 3 months!

xo, Laura

Posted 4.17.18 Reply

That sounds like the perfect adventure! The Land Rover looks so comfy too!

Liz

Posted 4.17.18 Reply
  9. Sounds like such a fun day exploring your own city! I’ve always wanted to visit Raleigh.

Posted 4.17.18 Reply
  10. Azanique S. Rawl wrote:

What a fun day trip! I have never been to Rise Donuts but my sweet blogger friend and her husband own that location in Raleigh 🙂

Posted 4.17.18 Reply
  11. Kasey wrote:

Sounds like such a fun weekend! I’ve wanted to try Rise!

Posted 4.19.18 Reply
  12. HELLO!! You were riding in style!! Love Land Rover

xoxo,
    Angelle

Posted 4.23.18 Reply
  13. That car looks so amazing!

Posted 4.23.18 Reply
  14. This sounds like the perfect weekend!! I looove that Land Rover. Such a nice car!

Posted 4.23.18 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50