My Summer Bucket List

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I got back from our trip to Baltimore and D.C. last night and while we had the best time, I always love returning home and getting back into the swing of things. With the first official day of summer a little over a week away, I thought it would be fun to share my summer bucket list with y’all! I meant to share this before our trip- but things got a little chaotic before we left with family commitments… oops. Anyways, I would love to hear some things you would like to do this summer! Thanks for stopping by! XO

MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST

1. Take a trip to the lake. Nick and I love going to the lake… it’s such a nice spot to unwind. We go to High Rock Lake and there’s not much to do other than relax. Bonus: there’s no cellphone service!
  2. Read at least fifteen books. I’ve been reading much more this year, but I want to keep that momentum up. I enjoy reading over being on my phone.
  3. Take an outdoor pop-up workout class. There are always pop-up workout classes around my city in the summer, I just need to make it to one!
  4. Go on a road trip. Technically I crossed this one off over the weekend, but now I’m going to squeeze in another road trip this summer.
  5. Go to a baseball game with friends.
  6. Try making a few new “summer” dishes. I’m thinking pies, summer salads, etc. I enjoy cooking, but need to expand my horizons!
  7. Spend a weekend being fully present and off of my phone completely. If that doesn’t sound relaxing I don’t know what does.
  8. Make “Summer Fridays” a thing. So many of my friends have summer Fridays, so I’m enacting summer Fridays for myself! I want to be done by 3:00 p.m. at least two Fridays a month so that I can get outside and enjoy the sunshine & gorgeous weather!
  9. Go to the Farmer’s Market. Nothing better than fresh flowers, vegetables & fruits in the summer.
  10. Take a trip to the beach. My parent’s have a house at the beach, but I don’t get there as much as I would like!
  11. Go for a walk in the park on a nice night.
  12. Spend more time at the pool. We joined a swim & tennis club this summer and I’m excited to take full advantage of it!
  13. Go to a concert or live music show. Hoping we can make it to Dave Matthews Band while they’re on tour this summer.
  14. Try at least three new local restaurants.
  15. Do a game night with friends.
  16. Go to the Wyndham Championship again this year.
  17. Explore my city and go to places I’ve never been! I love to travel, but I also love exploring my city.
  18. Take a few day trips to places in N.C.

1. Victoria Miller wrote:

I love your top! Where are some of your favorite places in NC to take a day trip?

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Victoria,

Thanks so much for commenting! Some of my favorite spots to visit in NC are Raleigh, Charlotte, Wilmington/Wrightsville & the NC Mountains! You can’t go wrong with any of those places! XO

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  2. Allie wrote:

You list sounds so full of summer fun! I highly recommend the baseball game; I went to one a few weeks ago and it was wonderful to sit outside and hear the whack of a baseball bat. Cheers to summer! xAllie

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  3. Brianna wrote:

We’re going to Dave this weekend in Philly, jared is a die hard fan!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  4. Rach wrote:

This is a great summer bucket list. Mine is to go see parts of my city that i haven’t been to too!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  5. sarah lindner wrote:

such a great summer bucket list! I find #7 impossible! I wish I could stay off my phone!

xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  6. MCKENNA wrote:

I just created a bucket list for my toddler but love the idea of a list for ME! Such cute denim shorts!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  7. Love your bucket list. I saw the Dave Mathews Band years ago and they were amazing. Happy Summer!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  8. annaefox01 wrote:

Your trip looked like it was a blast! I’m from Baltimore, and always enjoy exploring new spots when I visit home.

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  9. Kim wrote:

Such a great summer bucket list! I missed out on seeing Dave Matthews Band while he was here in Houston, but I’ve been told they are amazing live!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  10. Cathy wrote:

Love your bucket list! I need to go to a concert too. Love your blue top!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  11. Brooke wrote:

Those sound like great ideas!! I definitely plan on taking a beach trip and spending lots of time by the pool as well!

Posted 6.14.18 Reply
  12. Such a great bucket list! Going to the Farmer’s Market is one of my favorite things to do during the summer! xo

Posted 6.18.18 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50