My Summer Bucket List

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I got back from our trip to Baltimore and D.C. last night and while we had the best time, I always love returning home and getting back into the swing of things. With the first official day of summer a little over a week away, I thought it would be fun to share my summer bucket list with y’all! I meant to share this before our trip- but things got a little chaotic before we left with family commitments… oops. Anyways, I would love to hear some things you would like to do this summer! Thanks for stopping by! XO

MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST

1. Take a trip to the lake. Nick and I love going to the lake… it’s such a nice spot to unwind. We go to High Rock Lake and there’s not much to do other than relax. Bonus: there’s no cellphone service!
  2. Read at least fifteen books. I’ve been reading much more this year, but I want to keep that momentum up. I enjoy reading over being on my phone.
  3. Take an outdoor pop-up workout class. There are always pop-up workout classes around my city in the summer, I just need to make it to one!
  4. Go on a road trip. Technically I crossed this one off over the weekend, but now I’m going to squeeze in another road trip this summer.
  5. Go to a baseball game with friends.
  6. Try making a few new “summer” dishes. I’m thinking pies, summer salads, etc. I enjoy cooking, but need to expand my horizons!
  7. Spend a weekend being fully present and off of my phone completely. If that doesn’t sound relaxing I don’t know what does.
  8. Make “Summer Fridays” a thing. So many of my friends have summer Fridays, so I’m enacting summer Fridays for myself! I want to be done by 3:00 p.m. at least two Fridays a month so that I can get outside and enjoy the sunshine & gorgeous weather!
  9. Go to the Farmer’s Market. Nothing better than fresh flowers, vegetables & fruits in the summer.
  10. Take a trip to the beach. My parent’s have a house at the beach, but I don’t get there as much as I would like!
  11. Go for a walk in the park on a nice night.
  12. Spend more time at the pool. We joined a swim & tennis club this summer and I’m excited to take full advantage of it!
  13. Go to a concert or live music show. Hoping we can make it to Dave Matthews Band while they’re on tour this summer.
  14. Try at least three new local restaurants.
  15. Do a game night with friends.
  16. Go to the Wyndham Championship again this year.
  17. Explore my city and go to places I’ve never been! I love to travel, but I also love exploring my city.
  18. Take a few day trips to places in N.C.

1. Victoria Miller wrote:

I love your top! Where are some of your favorite places in NC to take a day trip?

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Victoria,

Thanks so much for commenting! Some of my favorite spots to visit in NC are Raleigh, Charlotte, Wilmington/Wrightsville & the NC Mountains! You can’t go wrong with any of those places! XO

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  2. Allie wrote:

You list sounds so full of summer fun! I highly recommend the baseball game; I went to one a few weeks ago and it was wonderful to sit outside and hear the whack of a baseball bat. Cheers to summer! xAllie

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  3. Brianna wrote:

We’re going to Dave this weekend in Philly, jared is a die hard fan!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  4. Rach wrote:

This is a great summer bucket list. Mine is to go see parts of my city that i haven’t been to too!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  5. sarah lindner wrote:

such a great summer bucket list! I find #7 impossible! I wish I could stay off my phone!

xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  6. MCKENNA wrote:

I just created a bucket list for my toddler but love the idea of a list for ME! Such cute denim shorts!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  7. Love your bucket list. I saw the Dave Mathews Band years ago and they were amazing. Happy Summer!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  8. annaefox01 wrote:

Your trip looked like it was a blast! I’m from Baltimore, and always enjoy exploring new spots when I visit home.

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  9. Kim wrote:

Such a great summer bucket list! I missed out on seeing Dave Matthews Band while he was here in Houston, but I’ve been told they are amazing live!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  10. Cathy wrote:

Love your bucket list! I need to go to a concert too. Love your blue top!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  11. Brooke wrote:

Those sound like great ideas!! I definitely plan on taking a beach trip and spending lots of time by the pool as well!

Posted 6.14.18 Reply
  12. Such a great bucket list! Going to the Farmer’s Market is one of my favorite things to do during the summer! xo

Posted 6.18.18 Reply

• Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there 💙 Feeling extra thankful that I have two father figures in my life who have filled my life with unconditional love, support & advice anytime I need it! I come from a divorced, blended family & I constantly count my blessings that all 4 of my parents get along so well! 🥰 I know these holidays can be hard for some, so just know that I’m sending hugs to all that are struggling today!💕 #happyfathersday photos: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Happy Saturday y’all 💙made it home from Connecticut, but still reminiscing on the fun summer kickoff event that was hosted by @sailtosable, @jackrogersusa , @palmbeachlately & @monogrammary! 🥂 It was filled with all the summer essentials: rosé 🍾, mini 🍔& 🌭, sparklers ✨& of course cute 👗just waiting to be taken on vacation! Had the BEST time catching up with blog friends & meeting some new faces, too! Definitely one of the best parts of blogging is the community & the friends I have made through it! 📸: @juliadags #enwexplores #setsailsummer #sailtosable
Shop our outfits with the #linkinbio OR with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CzKr #liketkit
  • Puttin’ a little pep in my step this summer in the cutest sneakers 💙 these classic white @keds “ace” sneakers from @zappos are a go-to for summer travel & a pair perfectly with white jeans for a casual look! #ad #kedsstyle #zapposstyle shop this look at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2Cv2l
  • Happy Saturday, y’all! 🌸Sharing a snap from last weekend when the weather was ☀️for a fun shoot with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace! This weekend is rainy & gloomy, so I’m inside cuddling with Mr. Charlie and doing a bit of reading! What are y’all up to? 💙
Just a heads up this dress runs TTS & goes up to size 3x 👏🏻shop it at the link in bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cplt #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100
  • Can you believe the official start of summer is exactly 2 weeks away?! 👙🌊🍹I’m sharing my summer bucket list today on the blog (link in bio!) shop this look with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cnhz #liketkit #enwexplores #amazonfashion #amazonfashionfinds #brixtonhat #jcrew
  • Half way through the week and I am counting down the days until I’m twirling into the weekend!🙌🏻💃🏼 this dress is vacay approved because it’s twirl worthy AND wrinkle proof (it would even be great for a wedding!) shop this dress at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2ClCH #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek