My Summer Bucket List

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I got back from our trip to Baltimore and D.C. last night and while we had the best time, I always love returning home and getting back into the swing of things. With the first official day of summer a little over a week away, I thought it would be fun to share my summer bucket list with y’all! I meant to share this before our trip- but things got a little chaotic before we left with family commitments… oops. Anyways, I would love to hear some things you would like to do this summer! Thanks for stopping by! XO

MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST

1. Take a trip to the lake. Nick and I love going to the lake… it’s such a nice spot to unwind. We go to High Rock Lake and there’s not much to do other than relax. Bonus: there’s no cellphone service!
  2. Read at least fifteen books. I’ve been reading much more this year, but I want to keep that momentum up. I enjoy reading over being on my phone.
  3. Take an outdoor pop-up workout class. There are always pop-up workout classes around my city in the summer, I just need to make it to one!
  4. Go on a road trip. Technically I crossed this one off over the weekend, but now I’m going to squeeze in another road trip this summer.
  5. Go to a baseball game with friends.
  6. Try making a few new “summer” dishes. I’m thinking pies, summer salads, etc. I enjoy cooking, but need to expand my horizons!
  7. Spend a weekend being fully present and off of my phone completely. If that doesn’t sound relaxing I don’t know what does.
  8. Make “Summer Fridays” a thing. So many of my friends have summer Fridays, so I’m enacting summer Fridays for myself! I want to be done by 3:00 p.m. at least two Fridays a month so that I can get outside and enjoy the sunshine & gorgeous weather!
  9. Go to the Farmer’s Market. Nothing better than fresh flowers, vegetables & fruits in the summer.
  10. Take a trip to the beach. My parent’s have a house at the beach, but I don’t get there as much as I would like!
  11. Go for a walk in the park on a nice night.
  12. Spend more time at the pool. We joined a swim & tennis club this summer and I’m excited to take full advantage of it!
  13. Go to a concert or live music show. Hoping we can make it to Dave Matthews Band while they’re on tour this summer.
  14. Try at least three new local restaurants.
  15. Do a game night with friends.
  16. Go to the Wyndham Championship again this year.
  17. Explore my city and go to places I’ve never been! I love to travel, but I also love exploring my city.
  18. Take a few day trips to places in N.C.

1. Victoria Miller wrote:

I love your top! Where are some of your favorite places in NC to take a day trip?

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Victoria,

Thanks so much for commenting! Some of my favorite spots to visit in NC are Raleigh, Charlotte, Wilmington/Wrightsville & the NC Mountains! You can’t go wrong with any of those places! XO

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  2. Allie wrote:

You list sounds so full of summer fun! I highly recommend the baseball game; I went to one a few weeks ago and it was wonderful to sit outside and hear the whack of a baseball bat. Cheers to summer! xAllie

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  3. Brianna wrote:

We’re going to Dave this weekend in Philly, jared is a die hard fan!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  4. Rach wrote:

This is a great summer bucket list. Mine is to go see parts of my city that i haven’t been to too!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  5. sarah lindner wrote:

such a great summer bucket list! I find #7 impossible! I wish I could stay off my phone!

xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  6. MCKENNA wrote:

I just created a bucket list for my toddler but love the idea of a list for ME! Such cute denim shorts!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  7. Love your bucket list. I saw the Dave Mathews Band years ago and they were amazing. Happy Summer!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  8. annaefox01 wrote:

Your trip looked like it was a blast! I’m from Baltimore, and always enjoy exploring new spots when I visit home.

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  9. Kim wrote:

Such a great summer bucket list! I missed out on seeing Dave Matthews Band while he was here in Houston, but I’ve been told they are amazing live!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  10. Cathy wrote:

Love your bucket list! I need to go to a concert too. Love your blue top!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  11. Brooke wrote:

Those sound like great ideas!! I definitely plan on taking a beach trip and spending lots of time by the pool as well!

Posted 6.14.18 Reply
  12. Such a great bucket list! Going to the Farmer’s Market is one of my favorite things to do during the summer! xo

Posted 6.18.18 Reply

• Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas 🛳 b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! 😊 Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! 🐱#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas 🌊🍹I don’t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand 🙌🏻 this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! 🍾👏🏻
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And I’m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50
  • Twirling into another day on board #NavigatoroftheSeas 💙 Today’s plans include a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar (!!), relaxing under a cabana & going on the water slides with Nick! We love @royalcaribbean ships & this one is no different - we are having a blast!😋🛳💙#enwexplores #royalcaribbean #comeseek
Shop this feminine, flowy dress here: http://liketk.it/2BR3X or at the link in my bio. #liketkit #LTKtravel
  • A *p e r f e c t* day at CocoCay!🌴 Yesterday we spent the day at #PerfectDayatCocoCay, @royalcaribbean’s newest island and y’all, the name is fitting because it was a truly perfect day! We did a bit of relaxing on Chill Island (read on the beach, got a few Coco Loco drinks & swam with the fishies!)📚🍹🐠 followed by a bit of adventure at Thrill Waterpark (we did obstacle courses in the pool & raced on the BIGGEST water slides!) 😳🧜🏻‍♀️🏊🏻‍♀️ the best of both worlds, for sure! #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek #royalcaribbean
Shop this cute coverup & my favorite wide brim hat here: http://liketk.it/2BQdC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100
  • Last night’s all white look (plus fun accessories!) for the set sail party with @royalcaribbean! I am *loving*  #NavigatoroftheSeas - so many cozy & colorful lounge areas, not to mention all the fun things to explore from the bars to water slides! 🙌🏻 #comeseek #enwexplores
Shop this look by clicking the link in my bio or following me in the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BOXO #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #royalcaribbean #perfectdayatcococay
  • Mai-tais well kick off the cruise the right way... with a drink in hand!🍹😉 Having the best time aboard #navigatoroftheseas & can’t wait to experience #PerfectDayatCocoCay today! be sure to follow along on stories 🛳🌴👙🌊 #enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BO3t #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKsalealert