Happy Wednesday, everyone! I got back from our trip to Baltimore and D.C. last night and while we had the best time, I always love returning home and getting back into the swing of things. With the first official day of summer a little over a week away, I thought it would be fun to share my summer bucket list with y’all! I meant to share this before our trip- but things got a little chaotic before we left with family commitments… oops. Anyways, I would love to hear some things you would like to do this summer! Thanks for stopping by! XO
MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Take a trip to the lake. Nick and I love going to the lake… it’s such a nice spot to unwind. We go to High Rock Lake and there’s not much to do other than relax. Bonus: there’s no cellphone service!
- Read at least fifteen books. I’ve been reading much more this year, but I want to keep that momentum up. I enjoy reading over being on my phone.
- Take an outdoor pop-up workout class. There are always pop-up workout classes around my city in the summer, I just need to make it to one!
- Go on a road trip. Technically I crossed this one off over the weekend, but now I’m going to squeeze in another road trip this summer.
- Go to a baseball game with friends.
- Try making a few new “summer” dishes. I’m thinking pies, summer salads, etc. I enjoy cooking, but need to expand my horizons!
- Spend a weekend being fully present and off of my phone completely. If that doesn’t sound relaxing I don’t know what does.
- Make “Summer Fridays” a thing. So many of my friends have summer Fridays, so I’m enacting summer Fridays for myself! I want to be done by 3:00 p.m. at least two Fridays a month so that I can get outside and enjoy the sunshine & gorgeous weather!
- Go to the Farmer’s Market. Nothing better than fresh flowers, vegetables & fruits in the summer.
- Take a trip to the beach. My parent’s have a house at the beach, but I don’t get there as much as I would like!
- Go for a walk in the park on a nice night.
- Spend more time at the pool. We joined a swim & tennis club this summer and I’m excited to take full advantage of it!
- Go to a concert or live music show. Hoping we can make it to Dave Matthews Band while they’re on tour this summer.
- Try at least three new local restaurants.
- Do a game night with friends.
- Go to the Wyndham Championship again this year.
- Explore my city and go to places I’ve never been! I love to travel, but I also love exploring my city.
- Take a few day trips to places in N.C.