My Summer Bucket List

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I got back from our trip to Baltimore and D.C. last night and while we had the best time, I always love returning home and getting back into the swing of things. With the first official day of summer a little over a week away, I thought it would be fun to share my summer bucket list with y’all! I meant to share this before our trip- but things got a little chaotic before we left with family commitments… oops. Anyways, I would love to hear some things you would like to do this summer! Thanks for stopping by! XO

MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST

1. Take a trip to the lake. Nick and I love going to the lake… it’s such a nice spot to unwind. We go to High Rock Lake and there’s not much to do other than relax. Bonus: there’s no cellphone service!
  2. Read at least fifteen books. I’ve been reading much more this year, but I want to keep that momentum up. I enjoy reading over being on my phone.
  3. Take an outdoor pop-up workout class. There are always pop-up workout classes around my city in the summer, I just need to make it to one!
  4. Go on a road trip. Technically I crossed this one off over the weekend, but now I’m going to squeeze in another road trip this summer.
  5. Go to a baseball game with friends.
  6. Try making a few new “summer” dishes. I’m thinking pies, summer salads, etc. I enjoy cooking, but need to expand my horizons!
  7. Spend a weekend being fully present and off of my phone completely. If that doesn’t sound relaxing I don’t know what does.
  8. Make “Summer Fridays” a thing. So many of my friends have summer Fridays, so I’m enacting summer Fridays for myself! I want to be done by 3:00 p.m. at least two Fridays a month so that I can get outside and enjoy the sunshine & gorgeous weather!
  9. Go to the Farmer’s Market. Nothing better than fresh flowers, vegetables & fruits in the summer.
  10. Take a trip to the beach. My parent’s have a house at the beach, but I don’t get there as much as I would like!
  11. Go for a walk in the park on a nice night.
  12. Spend more time at the pool. We joined a swim & tennis club this summer and I’m excited to take full advantage of it!
  13. Go to a concert or live music show. Hoping we can make it to Dave Matthews Band while they’re on tour this summer.
  14. Try at least three new local restaurants.
  15. Do a game night with friends.
  16. Go to the Wyndham Championship again this year.
  17. Explore my city and go to places I’ve never been! I love to travel, but I also love exploring my city.
  18. Take a few day trips to places in N.C.

1. Victoria Miller wrote:

I love your top! Where are some of your favorite places in NC to take a day trip?

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Victoria,

Thanks so much for commenting! Some of my favorite spots to visit in NC are Raleigh, Charlotte, Wilmington/Wrightsville & the NC Mountains! You can’t go wrong with any of those places! XO

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  2. Allie wrote:

You list sounds so full of summer fun! I highly recommend the baseball game; I went to one a few weeks ago and it was wonderful to sit outside and hear the whack of a baseball bat. Cheers to summer! xAllie

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  3. Brianna wrote:

We’re going to Dave this weekend in Philly, jared is a die hard fan!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  4. Rach wrote:

This is a great summer bucket list. Mine is to go see parts of my city that i haven’t been to too!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  5. sarah lindner wrote:

such a great summer bucket list! I find #7 impossible! I wish I could stay off my phone!

xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  6. MCKENNA wrote:

I just created a bucket list for my toddler but love the idea of a list for ME! Such cute denim shorts!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  7. Love your bucket list. I saw the Dave Mathews Band years ago and they were amazing. Happy Summer!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  8. annaefox01 wrote:

Your trip looked like it was a blast! I’m from Baltimore, and always enjoy exploring new spots when I visit home.

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  9. Kim wrote:

Such a great summer bucket list! I missed out on seeing Dave Matthews Band while he was here in Houston, but I’ve been told they are amazing live!

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  10. Cathy wrote:

Love your bucket list! I need to go to a concert too. Love your blue top!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 6.13.18 Reply
  11. Brooke wrote:

Those sound like great ideas!! I definitely plan on taking a beach trip and spending lots of time by the pool as well!

Posted 6.14.18 Reply
  12. Such a great bucket list! Going to the Farmer’s Market is one of my favorite things to do during the summer! xo

Posted 6.18.18 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬