Three Things to Do This Summer

Happy Friday, y’all! This week has been a bit of a doozy, so I’m very happy it’s the weekend. We’re heading to Charlotte for a little getaway and to see some of our friends who just had a baby this weekend! It’s been a while since I’ve been so Charlotte, so I’m looking forward to exploring a bit. Anyway, today I wanted to share three things to do this summer. One for your wanderlust, one for your home, and one for yourself! I hope you have a great weekend! XO

GO ON A ROAD TRIP

I mentioned in my summer bucket list post that I wanted to take a few road trips this summer! A few weeks ago we took a road trip to Baltimore and D.C. and this weekend we’re off to Charlotte. I love road tripping to new (+ old) places! I always make sure I grab my favorite road trip snacks (usually peanut butter m&ms and chips), load my phone with my current favorite songs (The Greatest Showman soundtrack, duh!) and pack everything I’ll need in my trusty MZ Wallace bags! I have used these bags so much since I got them for our honeymoon. They’re really lightweight, are packable, and can fit so much.  When it comes to road trips I like to be super comfortable. Nothing ruins a road trip faster than an uncomfortable car! I’ve been test driving the 2018 Land Rover Discovery over the past few months and I can’t say enough great things about it! It definitely gets my “road trip” seal of approval. There are so many details that I have come to appreciate in this car, but especially the spaciousness and the dashboard. I tend to overpack, so having that extra space in the trunk is always necessary haha! While most trips it’s just me and Nick, if you’re traveling with others, there is still plenty of room in the second and third row, too. For road trips in particular, the dashboard has everything you need right at your fingertips. You can have navigation set up, your phone paired with the car, and even wifi! It also has lane assist, adaptive cruise control, and emergency breaking. All things that come in handy during a road trip!

REFRESH YOUR HOME

Some people do spring cleaning, but personally I prefer to do it in the summer months! There are some days that it’s so hot that I’m forced to stay inside (and not immediately melt haha!) This always leads me to organizing our home and refreshing the space a bit! If you’re looking for easy ways to refresh your home be sure to check out Steven Shell Living in Cameron Village. Whether you’re looking for large pieces to fill your space or smaller items to spruce it up, they have plenty of chic options. I always love changing out our pillows seasonally and they had such a great selection. Annnnd y’all know I’m a sucker for candles and scents, so I fell in love with all the brands they had.

RELAX & UNWIND

Summer tends to be a little chaotic for us between weddings, trips, and work. It’s so easy to get caught up on everything and then before we know it, summer is almost over. Since I own my own business and make my own hours I am giving myself “Summer Fridays” and allowing myself to get outside and enjoy summer. Some Fridays I may spend those few hours at the pool, by going for a walk, or heading to the park with a good book. It’s so important to relax and unwind, so I’m making sure I do that this summer.

Have a great weekend, y’all! XO

This post is in partnership with Cameron Village Shopping Center and Jaguar Land Rover Cary.

1. Brianna Rooney wrote:

Ok, those bags are too good! Once my backpack goes, I am getting that one for sure. Also, love refreshing the home in the summer and need to go to that little store with you, so cute!

Happy Friday and cheers to summer hours!

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  2. I am SO sad I am missing you this weekend! We have to get together soon. I hope y’all have a great time in Charlotte. And I am legit obsessed with your bags!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  3. Cathy wrote:

How fun! I love road trips with the kids during the summer, it’s always so much fun. That pillow you’re holding up is so cute!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  4. Rach DiMare wrote:

I love doing summer road trips! I always associate road trips with summer! I’m also a fan of the Land Rover discovery. Such a great car!

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  5. annaefox01 wrote:

I was just in Charlotte this past weekend. Have fun girl!

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  6. Kim wrote:

The Greatest Showman soundtrack is my jam right now! Have such a fun weekend in Charlotte and it looks like you will be getting their in style with the Land Rover and your cute bags!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  7. Relaxing and unwinding is at the top of my list!!!

Posted 6.29.18 Reply

These are great ideas! I love taking summer road trips!

Posted 6.30.18 Reply
  9. Mollie wrote:

Road trips are my FAVE in the summer! We usually do Nantucket every year, but sadly we won’t be able to this summer 🙁 I’m not sure how many road trips we will do here since they drive on the opposite side of the car / road! But luckily there are great train options – almost as fun!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.1.18 Reply
  10. I’m going on a few road trips this summer and am super excited!! Love your luggage! xo

Posted 7.1.18 Reply
  11. I like that list and I have already achieved them all 😀 – Time to do it all over again, right? 😀

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 7.2.18 Reply
  12. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Great ideas! I love road trips SO much!!
    Lee

Posted 7.2.18 Reply
  13. Summer road trips are so fun! I love these this list! PS your shoes are super cute!

Posted 7.3.18 Reply

• Happy Saturday, y’all! 💙 The sun is shining & I couldn’t be happier about that ☀️🙌🏻 this bag is a new favorite - I can’t wait until the weather warms up so I can carry it more often! Details here: http://liketk.it/2AFe9 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKitbag
  • I have this thing for shoes...💙 rounding up 26 shoes that are perfect for spring (and for every budget!) 😍🙌🏻🥿👡click the link in my bio for the post & to shop these shoes! http://liketk.it/2ABFs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKshoecrush #samedelman #shoesoftheday #shoeobsessed
  • Charleston was showing off while we were there a few weeks ago!🌸 Everything was starting to bloom & the weather was perfect! I took it as an opportunity to break out a few spring finds — this look is on lifewithemilyblog.com today (link in bio to shop) http://liketk.it/2AzLP #LTKshoecrush #LTKitbag #LTKunder100 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #enwexplores
  • A Sunday well spent brings a week of content, right @nick_wilkinson1?! 💙 here’s to hoping this coming week isn’t a stressful or chaotic as last week 😩🙈 hope y’all had a great weekend! We had a relaxing, yet productive weekend - which is always good! Looking forward to starting off the week great! Outfit details: http://liketk.it/2AxS6 #liketkit #enwexplores #explorecharleston #charlestonsc #toyotatraveleatrepeat #chswff
  • Kicking my feet up... it’s the weekend! Woohoo! 🙌🏻Wishing we were back in Charleston but happy for a slow, relaxing weekend! http://liketk.it/2Aw6I #liketkit #toyotatraveleatrepeat #enwexplores #chswff #rav4
  • Afternoon coffee break, anyone?! ☕️ I swear, this whole lose-an-hour-of-sleep thing is really kickin’ my butt! 😴 Anyway, one of my favorite things to do when traveling is to visit local coffee shops! I headed to The Rise this past weekend while in Charleston for an afternoon pick me up and let me tell y’all, the coffee was great & it’s V insta worthy in there 😂 shop this outfit at the link in my bio or w/ @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Asz4 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #toyotatraveleatrepeat