Three Things to Do This Summer

Happy Friday, y’all! This week has been a bit of a doozy, so I’m very happy it’s the weekend. We’re heading to Charlotte for a little getaway and to see some of our friends who just had a baby this weekend! It’s been a while since I’ve been so Charlotte, so I’m looking forward to exploring a bit. Anyway, today I wanted to share three things to do this summer. One for your wanderlust, one for your home, and one for yourself! I hope you have a great weekend! XO

GO ON A ROAD TRIP

I mentioned in my summer bucket list post that I wanted to take a few road trips this summer! A few weeks ago we took a road trip to Baltimore and D.C. and this weekend we’re off to Charlotte. I love road tripping to new (+ old) places! I always make sure I grab my favorite road trip snacks (usually peanut butter m&ms and chips), load my phone with my current favorite songs (The Greatest Showman soundtrack, duh!) and pack everything I’ll need in my trusty MZ Wallace bags! I have used these bags so much since I got them for our honeymoon. They’re really lightweight, are packable, and can fit so much.  When it comes to road trips I like to be super comfortable. Nothing ruins a road trip faster than an uncomfortable car! I’ve been test driving the 2018 Land Rover Discovery over the past few months and I can’t say enough great things about it! It definitely gets my “road trip” seal of approval. There are so many details that I have come to appreciate in this car, but especially the spaciousness and the dashboard. I tend to overpack, so having that extra space in the trunk is always necessary haha! While most trips it’s just me and Nick, if you’re traveling with others, there is still plenty of room in the second and third row, too. For road trips in particular, the dashboard has everything you need right at your fingertips. You can have navigation set up, your phone paired with the car, and even wifi! It also has lane assist, adaptive cruise control, and emergency breaking. All things that come in handy during a road trip!

REFRESH YOUR HOME

Some people do spring cleaning, but personally I prefer to do it in the summer months! There are some days that it’s so hot that I’m forced to stay inside (and not immediately melt haha!) This always leads me to organizing our home and refreshing the space a bit! If you’re looking for easy ways to refresh your home be sure to check out Steven Shell Living in Cameron Village. Whether you’re looking for large pieces to fill your space or smaller items to spruce it up, they have plenty of chic options. I always love changing out our pillows seasonally and they had such a great selection. Annnnd y’all know I’m a sucker for candles and scents, so I fell in love with all the brands they had.

RELAX & UNWIND

Summer tends to be a little chaotic for us between weddings, trips, and work. It’s so easy to get caught up on everything and then before we know it, summer is almost over. Since I own my own business and make my own hours I am giving myself “Summer Fridays” and allowing myself to get outside and enjoy summer. Some Fridays I may spend those few hours at the pool, by going for a walk, or heading to the park with a good book. It’s so important to relax and unwind, so I’m making sure I do that this summer.

Have a great weekend, y’all! XO

This post is in partnership with Cameron Village Shopping Center and Jaguar Land Rover Cary.

1. Brianna Rooney wrote:

Ok, those bags are too good! Once my backpack goes, I am getting that one for sure. Also, love refreshing the home in the summer and need to go to that little store with you, so cute!

Happy Friday and cheers to summer hours!

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  2. I am SO sad I am missing you this weekend! We have to get together soon. I hope y’all have a great time in Charlotte. And I am legit obsessed with your bags!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  3. Cathy wrote:

How fun! I love road trips with the kids during the summer, it’s always so much fun. That pillow you’re holding up is so cute!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  4. Rach DiMare wrote:

I love doing summer road trips! I always associate road trips with summer! I’m also a fan of the Land Rover discovery. Such a great car!

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  5. annaefox01 wrote:

I was just in Charlotte this past weekend. Have fun girl!

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  6. Kim wrote:

The Greatest Showman soundtrack is my jam right now! Have such a fun weekend in Charlotte and it looks like you will be getting their in style with the Land Rover and your cute bags!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 6.29.18 Reply
  7. Relaxing and unwinding is at the top of my list!!!

Posted 6.29.18 Reply

These are great ideas! I love taking summer road trips!

Posted 6.30.18 Reply
  9. Mollie wrote:

Road trips are my FAVE in the summer! We usually do Nantucket every year, but sadly we won’t be able to this summer 🙁 I’m not sure how many road trips we will do here since they drive on the opposite side of the car / road! But luckily there are great train options – almost as fun!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.1.18 Reply
  10. I’m going on a few road trips this summer and am super excited!! Love your luggage! xo

Posted 7.1.18 Reply
  11. I like that list and I have already achieved them all 😀 – Time to do it all over again, right? 😀

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 7.2.18 Reply
  12. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Great ideas! I love road trips SO much!!
    Lee

Posted 7.2.18 Reply
  13. Summer road trips are so fun! I love these this list! PS your shoes are super cute!

Posted 7.3.18 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬