Closet Essentials to Buy During the Nordstrom Sale

Happy Friday y’all! I am really looking forward to the weekend! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is officially open to the public beginning today! I’m hoping they do some re-stocks on a lot of the great basics they had during early access. This year I didn’t do a lot of shopping during the sale. I bought mostly closet basics- like a pair of denim, a pair of flats, and a few neutral sweaters. Today I wanted to share some closet basics that are great to grab during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!

JACKETS & BLAZERS | (L to R: utility jacket, Patagonia vest, Barbour jacket, J.Crew blazer, oversized plaid blazer) This sale is a great time to grab an outerwear piece for fall/winter! SO many name brands are on sale that almost NEVER go on sale!

CARDIGANS & SWEATERS | (L to R: v-neck bell sleeve sweater, ribbed cardigan, side slit sweater, grey cardigan) You can’t go wrong with a cardigan or a few sweaters!

TOPS & BLOUSES | (L to R: plaid top, button back top, blue blouse, striped bell sleeve top) There are so many great work wear tops along with tops that will be great to wear now & into the cooler months!

BRAS & UNDERWEAR | (L to R: Zella sports bra, Natori bra, hanky panky underwear) There are great name brand bras and udnerwear that are on sale! I love grabbing a few sports bras and stocking up on my favorite underwear during the sale.

ACCESSORIES | Whether you’re looking to grab a cozy scarf, a designer bag you’ve had your eye on or even a new piece of jewelry, you can’t go wrong by shopping the accessories section of the sale!

JEANS & LEGGINGS | (L to R: Paige denim, Trouvé leather leggings, Wit & Wisdom denim, Zella live-in leggings) I’m a tried and true denim girl, so I always get excited to see what denim is available during the sale! I bought my first pair of Zella leggings during early access!

SHOES | (L to R: leopard mules, Nike sneakers, neutral booties, Nike Air Max Thea sneakers, over the knee boots, Tory Burch flats, Adidas sneakers) Shoes might be my favorite thing to shop during the sale! I love the endless options of booties, boots & sneakers!

1. Tuyet wrote:

such great finds! I have yet to check out the NS but looking forward to it! kimballandkedzie.com

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  2. Cathy wrote:

This is a great list. So many good deals from this sale!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  3. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Love your picks! I’ve got both the blazers on the far right of your photo and love em!
    Lee

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  4. These are excellent basics! I think those are the most important things to buy during sales like these!

Posted 7.21.18 Reply
  5. Awesome list! I love grabbing essentials when there’s a major sale. I feel like my money goes so much further. Great picks!

Posted 7.22.18 Reply
  6. Avani wrote:

Love all your picks.. Always love a great sale

Posted 7.23.18 Reply

So many great picks! I am loving those pink Nike’s!

Posted 7.23.18 Reply
  8. blushandblooms wrote:

Loving all of your picks!!

Posted 7.23.18 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬