Closet Essentials to Buy During the Nordstrom Sale

Happy Friday y’all! I am really looking forward to the weekend! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is officially open to the public beginning today! I’m hoping they do some re-stocks on a lot of the great basics they had during early access. This year I didn’t do a lot of shopping during the sale. I bought mostly closet basics- like a pair of denim, a pair of flats, and a few neutral sweaters. Today I wanted to share some closet basics that are great to grab during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!

JACKETS & BLAZERS | (L to R: utility jacket, Patagonia vest, Barbour jacket, J.Crew blazer, oversized plaid blazer) This sale is a great time to grab an outerwear piece for fall/winter! SO many name brands are on sale that almost NEVER go on sale!

CARDIGANS & SWEATERS | (L to R: v-neck bell sleeve sweater, ribbed cardigan, side slit sweater, grey cardigan) You can’t go wrong with a cardigan or a few sweaters!

TOPS & BLOUSES | (L to R: plaid top, button back top, blue blouse, striped bell sleeve top) There are so many great work wear tops along with tops that will be great to wear now & into the cooler months!

BRAS & UNDERWEAR | (L to R: Zella sports bra, Natori bra, hanky panky underwear) There are great name brand bras and udnerwear that are on sale! I love grabbing a few sports bras and stocking up on my favorite underwear during the sale.

ACCESSORIES | Whether you’re looking to grab a cozy scarf, a designer bag you’ve had your eye on or even a new piece of jewelry, you can’t go wrong by shopping the accessories section of the sale!

JEANS & LEGGINGS | (L to R: Paige denim, Trouvé leather leggings, Wit & Wisdom denim, Zella live-in leggings) I’m a tried and true denim girl, so I always get excited to see what denim is available during the sale! I bought my first pair of Zella leggings during early access!

SHOES | (L to R: leopard mules, Nike sneakers, neutral booties, Nike Air Max Thea sneakers, over the knee boots, Tory Burch flats, Adidas sneakers) Shoes might be my favorite thing to shop during the sale! I love the endless options of booties, boots & sneakers!

1. Tuyet wrote:

such great finds! I have yet to check out the NS but looking forward to it! kimballandkedzie.com

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  2. Cathy wrote:

This is a great list. So many good deals from this sale!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  3. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Love your picks! I’ve got both the blazers on the far right of your photo and love em!
    Lee

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  4. These are excellent basics! I think those are the most important things to buy during sales like these!

Posted 7.21.18 Reply
  5. Awesome list! I love grabbing essentials when there’s a major sale. I feel like my money goes so much further. Great picks!

Posted 7.22.18 Reply
  6. Avani wrote:

Love all your picks.. Always love a great sale

Posted 7.23.18 Reply

So many great picks! I am loving those pink Nike’s!

Posted 7.23.18 Reply
  8. blushandblooms wrote:

Loving all of your picks!!

Posted 7.23.18 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50