Another month has come & gone! I’m sharing my June 2018 monthly recap with y’all today. You can see all my monthly recaps here.
How on earth is it already July?! Better yet, how are we over halfway through 2018? This year is FLYING by for me. June was a very busy month and one that felt like it went on for eternity. I actually didn’t realize just how busy we were until I started compiling photos for this post and thought to myself “That was all in June?! Wow!” We traveled to three different states, attended a wedding, celebrated my sister graduating high school, got to see Nick’s best friend for his 30th birthday and meet their new baby, and finally had a weekend getaway. Whew! I’m exhausted just listing that off haha. Needless to say, we’re excited for a much slower month in July…hopefully!In the midst of everything going on this month I was able to pop in to get my hair cut (I hadn’t had a trim since I did the “newlywed chop” back in November!) I initially went in for a trim because I had some major dead ends, but ended up getting FIVE inches cut off! It feels so fresh for summer & I’m so glad I did it. It’s one less thing to worry about in this humidity!
We traveled a LOT this month! We drove over 1,200 miles this month for road trips, but we had the best time seeing friends and making memories together. I can officially cross off “go on a road trip” from my summer bucket list! 🙂
-BALTIMORE, MARYLAND | We headed to Baltimore to celebrate our friend’s Maddie and Mike getting married. We went up a few days early and stayed in the Inner Harbor area. Nick lived in Baltimore for a few years (and I had never been) so we did some touristy stuff and got to explore the area where he used to live.
BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH
I read a decent amount this month, but not as much as I would have liked to since we were traveling so much! There wasn’t a lot of “down time” on these trips to get much reading in! But June was release month for so many of my favorite authors & some great summer reads, so I made sure to read a few of those. Here is my June 2018 reading list. I just finished reading Emily Giffin’s newest book, so I’ll be sure to share my review in July’s reading list.
WHAT I PURCHASED
–This blazer in navy (and now in black!) We had odd weather in DC, it was only in the 60s one day, so I popped in to buy an additional layer! I ended up loving this blazer so much that I ordered in black once I got home. P.S. It’s on sale + 40% off!
–This transport cross body tote. I used a gift card to buy this because I love my large version. It’s a great bag to carry when traveling because it has a zipper!
–This ice roller. It feels so great on my face (and sore muscles after a workout). You can see more on my Amazon Shop Page.
–The best salad chopper ever. It’s a game changer!
–Reusable straws. I’ve tried to be conscious of using plastic, especially straws, so I got these in an effort to cut down on using plastic straws. These are great because they’re dishwasher safe, small enough to fit in lids, yet big enough for sipping smoothies, etc.
Y’all I totally fell off the fitness wagon this past month. And I’ve indulged a bit too much. So that’s not a good combo ha! I forced myself back into the gym last night for some cardio & BBG and it felt SO good to be back in the gym. I have been feeling really insecure with parts of my body lately, so I’m happy to be back in the gym.
CURRENT FAVORITES ON REPEAT
- BEAUTY: Drunk Elephant Marula Oil & Drunk Elephant Sheer Daily Defense. This brand is new to me, but so far I’ve been impressed!
- CLOTHING: this off the shoulder dress & this floral midi dress.Both are so easy to throw on & go!
- TV SHOWS: Southern Charm & Below Deck Mediterranean. These are two of my “guilty pleasure” TV shows. We’re about to start The Staircase on Netflix. I’ve heard so many great things- have you watched it yet?!
- PODCAST: Y’all know I LOVE true crime podcasts. A follower told me about “This Sounds Serious” and we started it on one of our road trips. It’s a scripted satire crime podcast and it’s so darn funny!
- CURRENTLY READING: You Were Made For This by Michelle Sacks. I’m about 30% in but I still can’t decide if I like it or not. I’m having a hard time liking these characters and the subject matter is a bit intense. We shall see.