One Bag, Three Looks with Kate Spade

One thing I prefer to invest in are handbags. I’m always on the hunt for a versatile bag that can go with a lot of the items in my closet. If you’re like me, sometimes finding *the* bag can be a bit tough. That’s where the make it mine collection by kate spade new york comes in! This collection is a total game changer and allows you to change the flap of your bag, giving it a totally new look. Which also means you get more wear out of one bag, but you get to customize its look each time!

CREAM CAMI | BLACK BLAZER (more colors HERE & HERE) | SIMILAR BOYFRIEND JEANS | KATE SPADE MAKE IT MINE BYRDIE BAG ( STRIPE FLAP & DENIM PEARL FLAP) c/o | VINCE CAMUTO HEELS (also love THESE) | QUAY AUSTRALIA SUNGLASSES | BAGUETTE NECKLACE |

The Byrdie crossbody bag is a great every day bag because it’s large enough to fit the essentials, but small enough to carry out on the town! To customize it, I chose the denim pearl flap (love the details) and the stripe flap (because y’all know I love stripes!) and each one gives the bag a totally different look! There are so many flap options to choose from and there’s even an adorable clutch version for all you brides-to-be that can change from bride to mrs!

P.S. changing out the flaps is incredibly easy! There are two buttons in the back pocket of the bag that you simply attach the flap to… it’s done in seconds! You can see how easy it is in this video!

SHOP KATE SPADE MAKE IT MINE COLLECTION

From now through July 31st, enjoy a special offer when you purchase a Make it Mine black Byrdie Bag with your choice of 3 flaps* for $298 with code MAKEITMINE. A great offer, just in time to grab a bag for fall! Check it out here: https://www.katespade.com/flaps/

This post is in partnership with kate spade new york. All thoughts, styling & writing are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Life with Emily!

1. I love that one simple change gives you so many unique looks! Each one of those bags is gorgeous!

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  2. Anna English wrote:

This bag is so fun! I love how you can alter it to your look.

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  3. Mollie wrote:

Okay first of all, you look chic AF. Like seriously dying over this entire look. Second of all, what a genius idea!! All bags should have this feature!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  4. Kim wrote:

Oh my gosh I love how customizable this bag is! You get more bang for your buck by being able to switch out the flaps for a whole new look.

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  5. Okay that is the coolest bag/feature ever! I absolutely love it – truly genius!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  6. Rachel wrote:

This bag is FREAKIN GENIUS. I love all of the flaps you have, so gorgeous, and this entire look. OBSESSED.

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  7. Wow! I haven’t seen this bag before, but now I know I need it! I loveeeee the versatility it gives you. Also let me just say that I love your shoes too! Xo

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  8. I love the embellishment version. Perfect for date night or a special occasion!

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  9. kileen wrote:

This is such an awesome bag!! I love that the flaps are interchangeable and can totally switch up the look!

Kileen

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  10. Laura wrote:

Whaaaaaaaaaat. I am LOVING this bag, and how versatile the flap is. I’m going to run and grab it. I love the flap with the jewels the most!

Posted 7.25.18 Reply
  11. Morgan wrote:

The stripe flap looks so very Emily, but I’m loving the classic all black too!! Your outfit is killer as well!

-Morgan

Posted 7.25.18 Reply

• Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety
  • Cheers to 29 & the last year of my 20s! 🎉🥳🎈Looking forward to another year of fun, traveling & making a lot of memories! Chatting about my honest thoughts on getting older and sharing the things I want to do in my last year of my 20s today on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 feeling thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends & family! #cheersto29 #happybirthday
  • Last night of bein’ 28! 🥳Off to dinner @1618seafoodgrille with my fam before I turn 29!
My top, sunglasses, earrings, bag & shoes are 20-25% off! Shop everything here http://liketk.it/2B2Ma @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkunder100