One Bag, Three Looks with Kate Spade

One thing I prefer to invest in are handbags. I’m always on the hunt for a versatile bag that can go with a lot of the items in my closet. If you’re like me, sometimes finding *the* bag can be a bit tough. That’s where the make it mine collection by kate spade new york comes in! This collection is a total game changer and allows you to change the flap of your bag, giving it a totally new look. Which also means you get more wear out of one bag, but you get to customize its look each time!

CREAM CAMI | BLACK BLAZER (more colors HERE & HERE) | SIMILAR BOYFRIEND JEANS | KATE SPADE MAKE IT MINE BYRDIE BAG ( STRIPE FLAP & DENIM PEARL FLAP) c/o | VINCE CAMUTO HEELS (also love THESE) | QUAY AUSTRALIA SUNGLASSES | BAGUETTE NECKLACE |

The Byrdie crossbody bag is a great every day bag because it’s large enough to fit the essentials, but small enough to carry out on the town! To customize it, I chose the denim pearl flap (love the details) and the stripe flap (because y’all know I love stripes!) and each one gives the bag a totally different look! There are so many flap options to choose from and there’s even an adorable clutch version for all you brides-to-be that can change from bride to mrs!

P.S. changing out the flaps is incredibly easy! There are two buttons in the back pocket of the bag that you simply attach the flap to… it’s done in seconds! You can see how easy it is in this video!

SHOP KATE SPADE MAKE IT MINE COLLECTION

From now through July 31st, enjoy a special offer when you purchase a Make it Mine black Byrdie Bag with your choice of 3 flaps* for $298 with code MAKEITMINE. A great offer, just in time to grab a bag for fall! Check it out here: https://www.katespade.com/flaps/

This post is in partnership with kate spade new york. All thoughts, styling & writing are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Life with Emily!

1. I love that one simple change gives you so many unique looks! Each one of those bags is gorgeous!

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  2. Anna English wrote:

This bag is so fun! I love how you can alter it to your look.

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  3. Mollie wrote:

Okay first of all, you look chic AF. Like seriously dying over this entire look. Second of all, what a genius idea!! All bags should have this feature!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  4. Kim wrote:

Oh my gosh I love how customizable this bag is! You get more bang for your buck by being able to switch out the flaps for a whole new look.

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  5. Okay that is the coolest bag/feature ever! I absolutely love it – truly genius!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  6. Rachel wrote:

This bag is FREAKIN GENIUS. I love all of the flaps you have, so gorgeous, and this entire look. OBSESSED.

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  7. Wow! I haven’t seen this bag before, but now I know I need it! I loveeeee the versatility it gives you. Also let me just say that I love your shoes too! Xo

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  8. I love the embellishment version. Perfect for date night or a special occasion!

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  9. kileen wrote:

This is such an awesome bag!! I love that the flaps are interchangeable and can totally switch up the look!

Kileen

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  10. Laura wrote:

Whaaaaaaaaaat. I am LOVING this bag, and how versatile the flap is. I’m going to run and grab it. I love the flap with the jewels the most!

Posted 7.25.18 Reply
  11. Morgan wrote:

The stripe flap looks so very Emily, but I’m loving the classic all black too!! Your outfit is killer as well!

-Morgan

Posted 7.25.18 Reply

• Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there 💙 Feeling extra thankful that I have two father figures in my life who have filled my life with unconditional love, support & advice anytime I need it! I come from a divorced, blended family & I constantly count my blessings that all 4 of my parents get along so well! 🥰 I know these holidays can be hard for some, so just know that I’m sending hugs to all that are struggling today!💕 #happyfathersday photos: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Happy Saturday y’all 💙made it home from Connecticut, but still reminiscing on the fun summer kickoff event that was hosted by @sailtosable, @jackrogersusa , @palmbeachlately & @monogrammary! 🥂 It was filled with all the summer essentials: rosé 🍾, mini 🍔& 🌭, sparklers ✨& of course cute 👗just waiting to be taken on vacation! Had the BEST time catching up with blog friends & meeting some new faces, too! Definitely one of the best parts of blogging is the community & the friends I have made through it! 📸: @juliadags #enwexplores #setsailsummer #sailtosable
Shop our outfits with the #linkinbio OR with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CzKr #liketkit
  • Puttin’ a little pep in my step this summer in the cutest sneakers 💙 these classic white @keds “ace” sneakers from @zappos are a go-to for summer travel & a pair perfectly with white jeans for a casual look! #ad #kedsstyle #zapposstyle shop this look at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2Cv2l
  • Happy Saturday, y’all! 🌸Sharing a snap from last weekend when the weather was ☀️for a fun shoot with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace! This weekend is rainy & gloomy, so I’m inside cuddling with Mr. Charlie and doing a bit of reading! What are y’all up to? 💙
Just a heads up this dress runs TTS & goes up to size 3x 👏🏻shop it at the link in bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cplt #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100
  • Can you believe the official start of summer is exactly 2 weeks away?! 👙🌊🍹I’m sharing my summer bucket list today on the blog (link in bio!) shop this look with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cnhz #liketkit #enwexplores #amazonfashion #amazonfashionfinds #brixtonhat #jcrew
  • Half way through the week and I am counting down the days until I’m twirling into the weekend!🙌🏻💃🏼 this dress is vacay approved because it’s twirl worthy AND wrinkle proof (it would even be great for a wedding!) shop this dress at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2ClCH #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek