One Bag, Three Looks with Kate Spade

One thing I prefer to invest in are handbags. I’m always on the hunt for a versatile bag that can go with a lot of the items in my closet. If you’re like me, sometimes finding *the* bag can be a bit tough. That’s where the make it mine collection by kate spade new york comes in! This collection is a total game changer and allows you to change the flap of your bag, giving it a totally new look. Which also means you get more wear out of one bag, but you get to customize its look each time!

CREAM CAMI | BLACK BLAZER (more colors HERE & HERE) | SIMILAR BOYFRIEND JEANS | KATE SPADE MAKE IT MINE BYRDIE BAG ( STRIPE FLAP & DENIM PEARL FLAP) c/o | VINCE CAMUTO HEELS (also love THESE) | QUAY AUSTRALIA SUNGLASSES | BAGUETTE NECKLACE |

The Byrdie crossbody bag is a great every day bag because it’s large enough to fit the essentials, but small enough to carry out on the town! To customize it, I chose the denim pearl flap (love the details) and the stripe flap (because y’all know I love stripes!) and each one gives the bag a totally different look! There are so many flap options to choose from and there’s even an adorable clutch version for all you brides-to-be that can change from bride to mrs!

P.S. changing out the flaps is incredibly easy! There are two buttons in the back pocket of the bag that you simply attach the flap to… it’s done in seconds! You can see how easy it is in this video!

SHOP KATE SPADE MAKE IT MINE COLLECTION

From now through July 31st, enjoy a special offer when you purchase a Make it Mine black Byrdie Bag with your choice of 3 flaps* for $298 with code MAKEITMINE. A great offer, just in time to grab a bag for fall! Check it out here: https://www.katespade.com/flaps/

This post is in partnership with kate spade new york. All thoughts, styling & writing are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Life with Emily!

1. I love that one simple change gives you so many unique looks! Each one of those bags is gorgeous!

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  2. Anna English wrote:

This bag is so fun! I love how you can alter it to your look.

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  3. Mollie wrote:

Okay first of all, you look chic AF. Like seriously dying over this entire look. Second of all, what a genius idea!! All bags should have this feature!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  4. Kim wrote:

Oh my gosh I love how customizable this bag is! You get more bang for your buck by being able to switch out the flaps for a whole new look.

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  5. Okay that is the coolest bag/feature ever! I absolutely love it – truly genius!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  6. Rachel wrote:

This bag is FREAKIN GENIUS. I love all of the flaps you have, so gorgeous, and this entire look. OBSESSED.

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  7. Wow! I haven’t seen this bag before, but now I know I need it! I loveeeee the versatility it gives you. Also let me just say that I love your shoes too! Xo

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  8. I love the embellishment version. Perfect for date night or a special occasion!

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  9. kileen wrote:

This is such an awesome bag!! I love that the flaps are interchangeable and can totally switch up the look!

Kileen

Posted 7.24.18 Reply
  10. Laura wrote:

Whaaaaaaaaaat. I am LOVING this bag, and how versatile the flap is. I’m going to run and grab it. I love the flap with the jewels the most!

Posted 7.25.18 Reply
  11. Morgan wrote:

The stripe flap looks so very Emily, but I’m loving the classic all black too!! Your outfit is killer as well!

-Morgan

Posted 7.25.18 Reply

• Happy Valentine’s Day, my love! I’ll take any excuse I can get to celebrate you & our love! Lucky to call you mine today and everyday 💙 I hope y’all have a great day celebrating those you love, no matter if it’s friends, family or your significant other! -
Photo: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Give me stripes & I’m happy 💙 I can’t even count the amount of striped tops I have in my closet... don’t judge 🙈 I obviously needed to add this utility top to the mix, right?! This one is on sale for $30 right now - shop everything at the link in bio (just click shop my IG!) or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2zUDN #liketkit
  • Muah! 💋💕Valentine’s day is just a few days away, what are your plans?! We typically keep it low-key for Valentine’s Day!
Today I’m sharing unique, inexpensive date night ideas plus a few gift ideas for the one you love with @babbleboxxofficial! I’m obsessed with these fun ❤️ sunglasses from @zennioptical, perfect for V-Day! Shop everything else here: http://liketk.it/2zRfU @liketoknow.it #liketkit #lovemyzennis #lovebabbleboxx #525america #valentinesday #vday #dgso
  • All plans are canceled until further notice! (📚💌!) I just got Two Can Keep a Secret in the mail & am so excited to read it (I read One of Us is Lying last year and loved it!) If you're looking for a good suspense book, this is it! @getunderlined #partner #ad p.s. I have a new blog post up on my site (link in bio) today - the 50 new releases I'm looking forward to reading in 2019! #enwreads
http://liketk.it/2zLU6 #liketkit
  • All smiles because it was 65° today & we grabbed dinner on the patio at one of our fav spots! 🙌🏻☀️I’m loving this spring-like weather!
This outfit is filled with closet basics & I’m not mad about it! Get all details at the link in my bio (just click->shop my instagram) or with @liketoknow.it app. *sizing: jacket runs big - size down, sneakers run big - size down 1/2 size!* http://liketk.it/2zJoW @liketoknow.it #liketkit #everydaymadewell #madewellnc
  • When it comes to traveling, whether by ✈️ or on a 🚙 trip, I prefer to be comfortable (while still looking a bit pulled together!)

today I’m sharing a recent travel outfit and chatting all about these comfortable, function pieces including these @wearkizik pop-on sneakers! 💙 head to the link in bio for the post and shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2zDCZ #liketkit @liketoknow.it #wearkizik #traveloutfit #ltkfit #ootd #athleisure #whatimwearing