What I Keep in My Pool Bag

With summer in full swing, I have been heading to the pool most weekends to beat the heat! Since we joined our pool, we have been going at least once every weekend. It’s a great way to relax, unwind & beat the unbearable heat! Today I’m partnering with Olay to share what I keep in my pool bag!

WHAT I KEEP IN MY POOL BAG

Now that I’m lounging by the pool most weekends I’d like to think that I’ve got my pool bag down to a science of sorts ha! I pretty much keep these items in my bag at all times so I never forget them! I would love to hear what you keep inn your pool or beach bag during the summer.

POOL BAG | First of all I just have to chat about this pool bag for a sec! I love how lightweight and chic this bag is. Sometimes pool bags can start off heavy and once all the essentials are in it’s impossible to carry comfortably. Happy to report it’s not the case with this bag! It can fit SO much (including bulky towels!) and still have plenty of room.

STRAW HAT | This is one of my favorite hats of all time, so I always have it with me at the pool! Having naturally blonde hair, my scalp is extra sensitive to the sun, so I have to wear a hat most days that I’m by the pool so I don’t get sunburned. This hat is very sturdy and fits really well (you’ll never have to chase it because it’s flown off haha!) SUNSCREEN | I never go anywhere without sunscreen! As I’ve gotten older I have become more cognizant of the damage the sun can do to your skin. I always wear SPF 50 when I’m in the sun. I have been using Supergoop’s SPF 50 mousse for years now and love it!

OLAY WHIP MOISTURIZER | I have extremely sensitive skin, so I have to be careful putting sunscreen on my face otherwise I’ll break out. Luckily, one of my favorite moisturizers now has SPF25 in it, so I keep a spare in my bag at all times. My skin tends to get pretty dry due from the chlorine, so being able to protect my skin AND moisturize at the same time is a game changer! You can get yours from CVS here. I used this product all through the winter (you may remember it from this post!) and I’m happy to be able to use it during summer to moisturize and protect my skin!

S’WELL BOTTLE | It’s no secret that I love my S’well bottles, I always have one with me whether I’m running errands or hanging by the pool. It prevents me from having to buy a plastic bottle of water at the pool and it keeps my drink cold the entire day.

A BOOK | Being at the pool with a good book in hand is SO relaxing to me! I’ve talked about how I make time to read before, so I always make sure I have a book or my Kindle Paperwhite packed in my pool bag with me!

I also keep a pouch in my bag with extra hair ties (because of course mine will break when I don’t have a extra ha!), chapstick, cheap headphones & some cash in cash I need something while I’m there! Thanks so much for stopping by, I would love to hear what you keep in your pool/beach bag!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine.

1. houseofloren wrote:

Such great things to keep in your bag for a relaxing summer day! I have the same issue with sunscreen so I am so glad to read a review from someone who tried the Olay and didn’t break out. Thank you so much for sharing x

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  2. I love using my S’well bottle at the pool and beach! I’m glad you’re loving the Olay moisturizer, I think that’s what I’ll be picking up when I run out of the one I’m currently using.

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  3. I love your coverup!! You look so fab for a pool day!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  4. I love that beach bag!

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  5. Rachel wrote:

I’m obsessed with this tote! So stinkin’ cute. I’m with ya about the Swell waterbottle, I always have mine (and a book!) on me at all times.

Rachel

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  6. Mollie wrote:

So many perfect pool items! Water, a book, and sunscreen are top of my list as well!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  7. That is a cute beach bag! I love the hat (and that it won’t fly off, haha), and the Swell bottles are so great right?! I love the Olay moisturizer too, the SPF is an added bonus.

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  8. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

Your tan!!!! 🙂 x

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  9. Anna English wrote:

I’m loving that little tote as a pool bag! So cute!

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  10. Megan wrote:

I love the style of the pool bag! I can’t tell you the last time I went to a pool but I’d carry this bag around!

Megan

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  11. One your pool bag is adorable. Two your coverup/maxi is beautiful. And three, I need to try this Olay product stat!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  12. miriam wrote:

sunscreen and a hat are my top 2 items in my bag– never leave home without them

Posted 7.21.18 Reply
  13. Mae wrote:

Love you pool bag essentials and these photos are GORGEOUS!

Posted 7.25.18 Reply

• Happy Valentine’s Day, my love! I’ll take any excuse I can get to celebrate you & our love! Lucky to call you mine today and everyday 💙 I hope y’all have a great day celebrating those you love, no matter if it’s friends, family or your significant other! -
Photo: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Give me stripes & I’m happy 💙 I can’t even count the amount of striped tops I have in my closet... don’t judge 🙈 I obviously needed to add this utility top to the mix, right?! This one is on sale for $30 right now - shop everything at the link in bio (just click shop my IG!) or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2zUDN #liketkit
  • Muah! 💋💕Valentine’s day is just a few days away, what are your plans?! We typically keep it low-key for Valentine’s Day!
Today I’m sharing unique, inexpensive date night ideas plus a few gift ideas for the one you love with @babbleboxxofficial! I’m obsessed with these fun ❤️ sunglasses from @zennioptical, perfect for V-Day! Shop everything else here: http://liketk.it/2zRfU @liketoknow.it #liketkit #lovemyzennis #lovebabbleboxx #525america #valentinesday #vday #dgso
  • All plans are canceled until further notice! (📚💌!) I just got Two Can Keep a Secret in the mail & am so excited to read it (I read One of Us is Lying last year and loved it!) If you're looking for a good suspense book, this is it! @getunderlined #partner #ad p.s. I have a new blog post up on my site (link in bio) today - the 50 new releases I'm looking forward to reading in 2019! #enwreads
http://liketk.it/2zLU6 #liketkit
  • All smiles because it was 65° today & we grabbed dinner on the patio at one of our fav spots! 🙌🏻☀️I’m loving this spring-like weather!
This outfit is filled with closet basics & I’m not mad about it! Get all details at the link in my bio (just click->shop my instagram) or with @liketoknow.it app. *sizing: jacket runs big - size down, sneakers run big - size down 1/2 size!* http://liketk.it/2zJoW @liketoknow.it #liketkit #everydaymadewell #madewellnc
  • When it comes to traveling, whether by ✈️ or on a 🚙 trip, I prefer to be comfortable (while still looking a bit pulled together!)

today I’m sharing a recent travel outfit and chatting all about these comfortable, function pieces including these @wearkizik pop-on sneakers! 💙 head to the link in bio for the post and shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2zDCZ #liketkit @liketoknow.it #wearkizik #traveloutfit #ltkfit #ootd #athleisure #whatimwearing