What I Keep in My Pool Bag

With summer in full swing, I have been heading to the pool most weekends to beat the heat! Since we joined our pool, we have been going at least once every weekend. It’s a great way to relax, unwind & beat the unbearable heat! Today I’m partnering with Olay to share what I keep in my pool bag!

WHAT I KEEP IN MY POOL BAG

Now that I’m lounging by the pool most weekends I’d like to think that I’ve got my pool bag down to a science of sorts ha! I pretty much keep these items in my bag at all times so I never forget them! I would love to hear what you keep inn your pool or beach bag during the summer.

POOL BAG | First of all I just have to chat about this pool bag for a sec! I love how lightweight and chic this bag is. Sometimes pool bags can start off heavy and once all the essentials are in it’s impossible to carry comfortably. Happy to report it’s not the case with this bag! It can fit SO much (including bulky towels!) and still have plenty of room.

STRAW HAT | This is one of my favorite hats of all time, so I always have it with me at the pool! Having naturally blonde hair, my scalp is extra sensitive to the sun, so I have to wear a hat most days that I’m by the pool so I don’t get sunburned. This hat is very sturdy and fits really well (you’ll never have to chase it because it’s flown off haha!) SUNSCREEN | I never go anywhere without sunscreen! As I’ve gotten older I have become more cognizant of the damage the sun can do to your skin. I always wear SPF 50 when I’m in the sun. I have been using Supergoop’s SPF 50 mousse for years now and love it!

OLAY WHIP MOISTURIZER | I have extremely sensitive skin, so I have to be careful putting sunscreen on my face otherwise I’ll break out. Luckily, one of my favorite moisturizers now has SPF25 in it, so I keep a spare in my bag at all times. My skin tends to get pretty dry due from the chlorine, so being able to protect my skin AND moisturize at the same time is a game changer! You can get yours from CVS here. I used this product all through the winter (you may remember it from this post!) and I’m happy to be able to use it during summer to moisturize and protect my skin!

S’WELL BOTTLE | It’s no secret that I love my S’well bottles, I always have one with me whether I’m running errands or hanging by the pool. It prevents me from having to buy a plastic bottle of water at the pool and it keeps my drink cold the entire day.

A BOOK | Being at the pool with a good book in hand is SO relaxing to me! I’ve talked about how I make time to read before, so I always make sure I have a book or my Kindle Paperwhite packed in my pool bag with me!

I also keep a pouch in my bag with extra hair ties (because of course mine will break when I don’t have a extra ha!), chapstick, cheap headphones & some cash in cash I need something while I’m there! Thanks so much for stopping by, I would love to hear what you keep in your pool/beach bag!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine.

1. houseofloren wrote:

Such great things to keep in your bag for a relaxing summer day! I have the same issue with sunscreen so I am so glad to read a review from someone who tried the Olay and didn’t break out. Thank you so much for sharing x

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  2. I love using my S’well bottle at the pool and beach! I’m glad you’re loving the Olay moisturizer, I think that’s what I’ll be picking up when I run out of the one I’m currently using.

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  3. I love your coverup!! You look so fab for a pool day!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  4. I love that beach bag!

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  5. Rachel wrote:

I’m obsessed with this tote! So stinkin’ cute. I’m with ya about the Swell waterbottle, I always have mine (and a book!) on me at all times.

Rachel

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  6. Mollie wrote:

So many perfect pool items! Water, a book, and sunscreen are top of my list as well!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  7. That is a cute beach bag! I love the hat (and that it won’t fly off, haha), and the Swell bottles are so great right?! I love the Olay moisturizer too, the SPF is an added bonus.

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  8. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

Your tan!!!! 🙂 x

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  9. Anna English wrote:

I’m loving that little tote as a pool bag! So cute!

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  10. Megan wrote:

I love the style of the pool bag! I can’t tell you the last time I went to a pool but I’d carry this bag around!

Megan

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  11. One your pool bag is adorable. Two your coverup/maxi is beautiful. And three, I need to try this Olay product stat!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  12. miriam wrote:

sunscreen and a hat are my top 2 items in my bag– never leave home without them

Posted 7.21.18 Reply
  13. Mae wrote:

Love you pool bag essentials and these photos are GORGEOUS!

Posted 7.25.18 Reply

• muted 🖤 taking today to listen, learn & educate myself. Let the voices of others be heard. #blackouttuesday
  • I see you. I hear you & I understand that I will never fully understand. I don’t always have the words or know when to say them, but one thing I do know is that I can’t be silent. We can all do better. We can open our eyes to the injustice, we can open our ears and listen in silence & we can open our mouths and be a voice💙
I have been heartbroken as I read the news stories, watched the videos & tried to take in everything that is happening in our country. While I may not know how it feels, I do know that I can make the choice to use my platform to speak up. I hope more people use their platform to speak up, even if they can’t find the right words. Here are some actionable things you can do (that I have done & encourage you do to as well) to make a small change today. Let’s all work to be better & a little more kind.✊🏻✊🏽✊🏾
•Continue to educate myself & those around me. (@theconsciouskid & @ckyourprivilege are great starting points on here). I plan on adding these books to my shelf.
-White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
-Me & White Supremacy by Layla Saad
-How We Fight For Our Lives by Saeed Jones
-How to Be an Anti-Racist by Ibram Kendi
•Lend a voice to those who need it
•Challenge myself to be uncomfortable
•Text Floyd to 55156
•Donate to organizations who are already doing the work
  • I’ll take all things bright & colorful, please! 💕 daydreaming about the day when I have somewhere to go so I can wear these pieces! 🙌🏻 sharing this roundup of spring finds today on lifewithemilyblog.com OR you can shop it at the link in bio + @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2PCh6 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKspring #springfinds #warmweather #springstyles
  • 3️⃣2️⃣ looks good on you, @nick_wilkinson1! 🎉 happy birthday my love! I love you more than you know! I’m so grateful for the life we have built together & I’m thankful to be by your side through it all. I can’t wait to celebrate another year of you & watch you become a dad in a few short months! 👶🏻 cheers to another year of memories together! 💙#happybirthday #32ndbirthday #birthdayboy
  • Another rainy day ☔️ wishing for warmer days + being able to get dressed up to head out! But instead we’re curled up on the couch and are having a crock pot meal tonight... not mad about it! 💙 This maxi dress is so stunning in person & is so comfortable! Can’t wait to wear it out again! Shop everything here (earrings are $8, dress fits oversized I’m in an XS) http://liketk.it/2PgfP @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKspring  #fpxme #freepeople
  • Anyone else been tinkering with spaces around their house during quarantine?! 🙋🏼‍♀️I know I sure have! I have been using a mix of what I already own & what I have picked up from @kirklands (buy online, curbside pick up is a game changer!) to switch up spaces! 🙌🏻Best part is, I was able to refresh this space using only 4 items all for under $100! It's so easy to change out a few pieces to give a totally different look. [ad] shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2OYgA #LTKhome
#refresh4less #kirklandsinsiders #kirklandsfinds #kirklandshappiness