What I Keep in My Pool Bag

With summer in full swing, I have been heading to the pool most weekends to beat the heat! Since we joined our pool, we have been going at least once every weekend. It’s a great way to relax, unwind & beat the unbearable heat! Today I’m partnering with Olay to share what I keep in my pool bag!

WHAT I KEEP IN MY POOL BAG

Now that I’m lounging by the pool most weekends I’d like to think that I’ve got my pool bag down to a science of sorts ha! I pretty much keep these items in my bag at all times so I never forget them! I would love to hear what you keep inn your pool or beach bag during the summer.

POOL BAG | First of all I just have to chat about this pool bag for a sec! I love how lightweight and chic this bag is. Sometimes pool bags can start off heavy and once all the essentials are in it’s impossible to carry comfortably. Happy to report it’s not the case with this bag! It can fit SO much (including bulky towels!) and still have plenty of room.

STRAW HAT | This is one of my favorite hats of all time, so I always have it with me at the pool! Having naturally blonde hair, my scalp is extra sensitive to the sun, so I have to wear a hat most days that I’m by the pool so I don’t get sunburned. This hat is very sturdy and fits really well (you’ll never have to chase it because it’s flown off haha!) SUNSCREEN | I never go anywhere without sunscreen! As I’ve gotten older I have become more cognizant of the damage the sun can do to your skin. I always wear SPF 50 when I’m in the sun. I have been using Supergoop’s SPF 50 mousse for years now and love it!

OLAY WHIP MOISTURIZER | I have extremely sensitive skin, so I have to be careful putting sunscreen on my face otherwise I’ll break out. Luckily, one of my favorite moisturizers now has SPF25 in it, so I keep a spare in my bag at all times. My skin tends to get pretty dry due from the chlorine, so being able to protect my skin AND moisturize at the same time is a game changer! You can get yours from CVS here. I used this product all through the winter (you may remember it from this post!) and I’m happy to be able to use it during summer to moisturize and protect my skin!

S’WELL BOTTLE | It’s no secret that I love my S’well bottles, I always have one with me whether I’m running errands or hanging by the pool. It prevents me from having to buy a plastic bottle of water at the pool and it keeps my drink cold the entire day.

A BOOK | Being at the pool with a good book in hand is SO relaxing to me! I’ve talked about how I make time to read before, so I always make sure I have a book or my Kindle Paperwhite packed in my pool bag with me!

I also keep a pouch in my bag with extra hair ties (because of course mine will break when I don’t have a extra ha!), chapstick, cheap headphones & some cash in cash I need something while I’m there! Thanks so much for stopping by, I would love to hear what you keep in your pool/beach bag!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine.

1. houseofloren wrote:

Such great things to keep in your bag for a relaxing summer day! I have the same issue with sunscreen so I am so glad to read a review from someone who tried the Olay and didn’t break out. Thank you so much for sharing x

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  2. I love using my S’well bottle at the pool and beach! I’m glad you’re loving the Olay moisturizer, I think that’s what I’ll be picking up when I run out of the one I’m currently using.

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  3. I love your coverup!! You look so fab for a pool day!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  4. I love that beach bag!

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  5. Rachel wrote:

I’m obsessed with this tote! So stinkin’ cute. I’m with ya about the Swell waterbottle, I always have mine (and a book!) on me at all times.

Rachel

Posted 7.19.18 Reply
  6. Mollie wrote:

So many perfect pool items! Water, a book, and sunscreen are top of my list as well!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  7. That is a cute beach bag! I love the hat (and that it won’t fly off, haha), and the Swell bottles are so great right?! I love the Olay moisturizer too, the SPF is an added bonus.

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  8. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

Your tan!!!! 🙂 x

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  9. Anna English wrote:

I’m loving that little tote as a pool bag! So cute!

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  10. Megan wrote:

I love the style of the pool bag! I can’t tell you the last time I went to a pool but I’d carry this bag around!

Megan

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  11. One your pool bag is adorable. Two your coverup/maxi is beautiful. And three, I need to try this Olay product stat!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 7.20.18 Reply
  12. miriam wrote:

sunscreen and a hat are my top 2 items in my bag– never leave home without them

Posted 7.21.18 Reply
  13. Mae wrote:

Love you pool bag essentials and these photos are GORGEOUS!

Posted 7.25.18 Reply

• Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas 🛳 b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! 😊 Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! 🐱#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas 🌊🍹I don’t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand 🙌🏻 this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! 🍾👏🏻
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And I’m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50
  • Twirling into another day on board #NavigatoroftheSeas 💙 Today’s plans include a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar (!!), relaxing under a cabana & going on the water slides with Nick! We love @royalcaribbean ships & this one is no different - we are having a blast!😋🛳💙#enwexplores #royalcaribbean #comeseek
Shop this feminine, flowy dress here: http://liketk.it/2BR3X or at the link in my bio. #liketkit #LTKtravel
  • A *p e r f e c t* day at CocoCay!🌴 Yesterday we spent the day at #PerfectDayatCocoCay, @royalcaribbean’s newest island and y’all, the name is fitting because it was a truly perfect day! We did a bit of relaxing on Chill Island (read on the beach, got a few Coco Loco drinks & swam with the fishies!)📚🍹🐠 followed by a bit of adventure at Thrill Waterpark (we did obstacle courses in the pool & raced on the BIGGEST water slides!) 😳🧜🏻‍♀️🏊🏻‍♀️ the best of both worlds, for sure! #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek #royalcaribbean
Shop this cute coverup & my favorite wide brim hat here: http://liketk.it/2BQdC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100
  • Last night’s all white look (plus fun accessories!) for the set sail party with @royalcaribbean! I am *loving*  #NavigatoroftheSeas - so many cozy & colorful lounge areas, not to mention all the fun things to explore from the bars to water slides! 🙌🏻 #comeseek #enwexplores
Shop this look by clicking the link in my bio or following me in the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BOXO #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #royalcaribbean #perfectdayatcococay
  • Mai-tais well kick off the cruise the right way... with a drink in hand!🍹😉 Having the best time aboard #navigatoroftheseas & can’t wait to experience #PerfectDayatCocoCay today! be sure to follow along on stories 🛳🌴👙🌊 #enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BO3t #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKsalealert