5 Things I’m Loving Right Now

It’s Thursday & I’m doing a happy dance since we’re almost to the weekend! I feel like this week flew by… I blinked and suddenly the week was almost over! Not complaining about that at all though. Today I’m rounding up five (random) things I’m loving right now! I would love to hear something you’re loving in the comments. Thanks for stopping by!BLACK MAXI DRESS (15% off with code VP) | VALENTINO SANDALS | COLORFUL RESIN EARRINGS c/o |

YOUNGER ON TV LAND | I started Younger a few weeks ago after seeing Sutton Foster on Live with Kelly & Ryan. She had such a bubbly personality and everyone spoke so highly of the show that I basically *had* to start watching it! The first four seasons are available on Hulu & the fifth season, which is on TV now, is available on demand. Needless to say, I immediately got sucked in to the show and have been binge watching it like crazy ha! I’m all caught up now and I’m definitely #TeamCharles! Do y’all watch it? Are you #TeamCharles or #TeamJosh?!

READING | It’s no secret that reading is a big part of my life. I make time to read daily & it’s part of my “self-care” routine. Some months are better than others, though. Some months I’ll read a few great books and then a few duds. This month, however, every book has been SO good. I cannot wait to share my August Reading List with y’all because all of the books are ones you’ll want to add to your list! Each one has been so different, but all of them have been page turners and, as an avid reader, I love that.

THE IDEA OF FALL | Once August hits I am pretty much over summer and am ready for fall. Anyone else this way? Even though I am no longer in school, I love seeing all of the school supplies out in stores. I love seeing retailers transitioning the clothing to pre-fall items. I really love that college football starts up in less than a month (OH-IO!) Game days are always some of our favorite days with each other & friends. Nick and I spent about 30 minutes a few nights ago coming up with great game day appetizers… THE BEST! And I seriously cannot believe that we are two and a half months away from celebrating our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY. I can’t believe that it’s almost been a year of wedded bliss.

AMAZON | I have been a loyal Amazon Prime member for many years, but their site and services get better every day! Recently I got a crack in my Kindle Paperwhite screen (insert crying emoji!) I sent mine back and they replaced it immediately. I had my brand new one within 4 days! I also love their new Flex delivery system-I’ve gotten my orders within 24 hours with this service. You can follow the driver on the map so you know exactly when your delivery is estimated and they take a photo of your delivery for you (that’s available in the app!) You can see all of my favorite Amazon items on my Amazon Shop Page!

THIS QUOTE | “get out of your own way” I found this quote recently on Pinterest and it really resonated with me. There have been many times when I’ve had a great idea or a lofty goal, but I let my thoughts or doubts get the best of me. It’s so easy for me to doubt myself or let my own thoughts get in the way sometimes. I’m determined to be more encouraging to myself and be more optimistic, even when self-doubt tries to settle in. I think we all are a bit hard on ourselves sometimes, when we really need to be more loving of ourselves, don’t ya think?!

1. Iris wrote:

Same here for fall. I miss wearing hoodies and sweaters.

I’m making it a point to read a bit each day and cut back on the internet. Goodreads helps as it keeps track of all my progress and I like checking books off as read.

Cheers!

Posted 8.9.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yes! I never thought I would say I was ready for summer to be over, but man, this summer has been brutal!

I love using Goodreads as well! Such a helpful site for keeping up with all of my books! Thanks for reading! XO

Posted 8.9.18 Reply
  2. Cathy wrote:

That quote is amazing, love it! I also love your chic, black dress! It’s so chic and you look fabulous!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 8.9.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

It’s such a great quote, right?! A very good reminder! XO

Posted 8.9.18 Reply
  3. Emily wrote:

Thanks so much!

Posted 8.9.18 Reply
  4. Elizabeth K wrote:

So many fun things you’re loving! I just started Younger & I’m obsessed

Posted 8.9.18 Reply

I am SO ready for fall! And that quote is just what I needed to hear. I’m always self-sabotaging when I should really be doing the oppposite.

Posted 8.9.18 Reply
  6. sarasab wrote:

Girl I’m the exact same way that when August hits I start getting into the Fall and school spirit! I love Saturday game days and adding those Fall items into my Summer outfits – hello peep toe booties, shorts and dusters!

Posted 8.9.18 Reply
  7. Belle wrote:

Love your dress! I LOVE Younger! My husband and I have been watching it since the first season and I am hooked!

Posted 8.9.18 Reply
  8. kileen wrote:

Love this post babe!! I’m so excited for Fall too, love the colors, cardigans, and cocoa!!

Kileen

Posted 8.9.18 Reply
  9. Stephani wrote:

Ahh I can’t wait for fall and I love that quote!!! So good!

Xo, Steph

Posted 8.10.18 Reply
  10. That quote is so good and so true! Also, I’ve been wanting to watch Younger and you’ve convinced me that I need to jump on that stat!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 8.10.18 Reply
  11. Laura Botkin wrote:

First, I love this quote and it is so important! And second, I love reading everyday! I try every night before I go to bed!

Posted 8.11.18 Reply
  12. Jamaria Johnson wrote:

That quote is everything! I’m working on putting it into practice and I am also loving the thought of fall coming! Xo

Posted 8.13.18 Reply
  13. Laura wrote:

I’m getting so excited for Fall too! My wedding anniversary is in October so Fall is a special time of the year for us too. It’s going to be our 6th wedding anniversary which is crazy! PS loving that quote you found on Pinterest!

xo, Laura

Posted 8.13.18 Reply
  14. Loren wrote:

I’m so ready for Fall as well! Thanks for sharing that quote, I’ve been trying to not let my fears get in my own way lately, it’s crazy how many times we really are the only thing that stands in our way x

Posted 8.13.18 Reply
  15. innapishtoy wrote:

I am also so excited for fall! I love the dress you’re wearing!

Posted 8.13.18 Reply
  16. Ashleigh Nelson wrote:

Love this dress! Also excited for fall and college football!

Ashleigh

Posted 8.14.18 Reply
  17. Nicole wrote:

Younger is one of my fave shows right now…definitely #TeamCharles
    Can’t wait for your August book review! Need some new reads.

Posted 8.14.18 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬