Currently Loving 08.16

It’s been a while since I’ve done a currently loving post & with so many good finds this week, I figured I would round up my finds for y’all! Even though the temperature has shown zero signs of cooling down, I’m getting my pre-fall wardrobe ready so when the cool temps hit, I’m prepared! In North Carolina it typically doesn’t cool down until October, so we still have quite a bit of warm weather ahead of us. I’ve been adding items to my closet that can be worn now and later! Hope y’all enjoy this week’s picks! Thanks for stopping by! XO

pre fall favorite items

1.  OVERSIZED STRIPED TOP | I am in LOVE with this top! I can never say no to stripes & there’s about 20 outfits I can already think of with this top!
  2. LEOPARD PRINT SANDALS | These sandals are so chic & perfect for the next two months. They feel a little fall, but are still appropriate for the weather.
  3. BUTTON FRONT SKINNY JEANS | This pair of denim are so good. They’re high waisted, fit like a dream & the button front is a cute addition, especially when tucking in a top.
  4. NIKE LOW TOP SNEAKERS | These sneakers would be great with jeans and a cute tee. Perfect “athleisure” look, while still remaining put together.
  5. WHITE FLORAL STATEMENT EARRINGS | Oh hello gorgeous! I LOVE these earrings.
  6. SHORT SLEEVE TIE FRONT BLOUSE | This top will work now with shorts & later with a pair of jeans and a cute pair of flats!
  7. DOT BANDANA | Add a chic bandana to a tee for an elevated look!
  8. METALLIC PHONE CASE | This phone case is too cute!
  9. 2018-2019 PLANNER | I picked up this planner this week & I love it! I didn’t want to spend $65 on an Erin Condren planner this year, so I was happy to find this one! It fits my needs perfectly!
  10. GOLD LINK BRACELET | This bracelet is great to wear alone or stacked with other bracelets.
  11. OPEN TOE HEELS | These heels will go with every outfit & will transition easily into fall.
  12. LEOPARD PRINT BELT | Add a cute leopard print belt to a little black dress for a fun, edgy look.
  13. GREY DUSTER CARDIGAN | I have this duster and wear it around the house ALL the time. It’s so cozy and soft. I can’t wait for the weather to cool down so I can wear it out ha!
  14. NEUTRAL BAG | This bag is similar to a designer one…and it’s less than $100!
  15. STRIPED SKIRT | This is one of those closet essentials because it can be styled so many ways! With a graphic tee, with a tank and a denim jacket, with a lightweight sweater… the possibilities are endless!
  16.  STRAIGHT LEG JEANS | I’ve been all about straight leg jeans lately. They’re so much more comfortable than skinny jeans! Plus, they give every outfit a different look.
  17.  LEOPARD FLATS | Leopard flats are my go-to for fall. I wear them with so many of my outfits. I grabbed this pair during the Nordstrom sale, but I really like these too.
  18. TRES CHIC TEE | Tees are so underrated! They look cute casually, but you can easily dress them up with statement jewelry or a blazer! I’m looking forward to adding a few cute tees to my closet this fall.
  19. CAMEL BLAZER | I’ve been on a blazer kick and I can’t wait to add a camel colored one to my closet this fall.

1. innapishtoy wrote:

Such great picks! I love all the shoes you chose 🙂

Posted 8.16.18 Reply
  2. Danielle wrote:

So many perfect transitional pieces! Love the Chloe dupe and the graphic tee!

xx, Danielle

Posted 8.16.18 Reply
  3. I am loving that striped skirt and you are so right, it should be a staple for everyone!!!

Posted 8.16.18 Reply
  4. Megan wrote:

I love 13, 14, and 19! All perfect for work and fall!

Megan

Posted 8.16.18 Reply
  5. I need those leopard shoes and the striped skirt!! Actually, that would be such a cute pattern mixing outfit with the two of them!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 8.17.18 Reply
  6. Literally love everything Emily!!! Especially that Chloe dupe and leopard heels.

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 8.17.18 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

These are all soooo cute!! I am loving the striped and olive tops, along with the pops of leopard. Makes me so excited for Fall!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 8.18.18 Reply
  8. I absolutely need those cheetah two-strap sandals! They are so adorable 🙂

-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 8.20.18 Reply
  9. Samantha wrote:

Even though you’re right with the weather.. this is some great fall inspiration! Thanks for the picks!
    Xo
    Sam

Posted 8.20.18 Reply
  10. Lauren wrote:

YES yes yes to leopard! Loving these picks.

Xo

Posted 8.20.18 Reply
  11. I am literally obsessing over all of these picks! The temps here are still around 106 with no signs of cooling off… UGH, I am so ready for cold weather!

Posted 8.21.18 Reply
  12. Sara wrote:

I love all of these, especially those gorgeous earrings and camel blazer!

Posted 8.22.18 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50