Currently Loving 08.16

It’s been a while since I’ve done a currently loving post & with so many good finds this week, I figured I would round up my finds for y’all! Even though the temperature has shown zero signs of cooling down, I’m getting my pre-fall wardrobe ready so when the cool temps hit, I’m prepared! In North Carolina it typically doesn’t cool down until October, so we still have quite a bit of warm weather ahead of us. I’ve been adding items to my closet that can be worn now and later! Hope y’all enjoy this week’s picks! Thanks for stopping by! XO

pre fall favorite items

1.  OVERSIZED STRIPED TOP | I am in LOVE with this top! I can never say no to stripes & there’s about 20 outfits I can already think of with this top!
  2. LEOPARD PRINT SANDALS | These sandals are so chic & perfect for the next two months. They feel a little fall, but are still appropriate for the weather.
  3. BUTTON FRONT SKINNY JEANS | This pair of denim are so good. They’re high waisted, fit like a dream & the button front is a cute addition, especially when tucking in a top.
  4. NIKE LOW TOP SNEAKERS | These sneakers would be great with jeans and a cute tee. Perfect “athleisure” look, while still remaining put together.
  5. WHITE FLORAL STATEMENT EARRINGS | Oh hello gorgeous! I LOVE these earrings.
  6. SHORT SLEEVE TIE FRONT BLOUSE | This top will work now with shorts & later with a pair of jeans and a cute pair of flats!
  7. DOT BANDANA | Add a chic bandana to a tee for an elevated look!
  8. METALLIC PHONE CASE | This phone case is too cute!
  9. 2018-2019 PLANNER | I picked up this planner this week & I love it! I didn’t want to spend $65 on an Erin Condren planner this year, so I was happy to find this one! It fits my needs perfectly!
  10. GOLD LINK BRACELET | This bracelet is great to wear alone or stacked with other bracelets.
  11. OPEN TOE HEELS | These heels will go with every outfit & will transition easily into fall.
  12. LEOPARD PRINT BELT | Add a cute leopard print belt to a little black dress for a fun, edgy look.
  13. GREY DUSTER CARDIGAN | I have this duster and wear it around the house ALL the time. It’s so cozy and soft. I can’t wait for the weather to cool down so I can wear it out ha!
  14. NEUTRAL BAG | This bag is similar to a designer one…and it’s less than $100!
  15. STRIPED SKIRT | This is one of those closet essentials because it can be styled so many ways! With a graphic tee, with a tank and a denim jacket, with a lightweight sweater… the possibilities are endless!
  16.  STRAIGHT LEG JEANS | I’ve been all about straight leg jeans lately. They’re so much more comfortable than skinny jeans! Plus, they give every outfit a different look.
  17.  LEOPARD FLATS | Leopard flats are my go-to for fall. I wear them with so many of my outfits. I grabbed this pair during the Nordstrom sale, but I really like these too.
  18. TRES CHIC TEE | Tees are so underrated! They look cute casually, but you can easily dress them up with statement jewelry or a blazer! I’m looking forward to adding a few cute tees to my closet this fall.
  19. CAMEL BLAZER | I’ve been on a blazer kick and I can’t wait to add a camel colored one to my closet this fall.

1. innapishtoy wrote:

Such great picks! I love all the shoes you chose 🙂

Posted 8.16.18 Reply
  2. Danielle wrote:

So many perfect transitional pieces! Love the Chloe dupe and the graphic tee!

xx, Danielle

Posted 8.16.18 Reply
  3. I am loving that striped skirt and you are so right, it should be a staple for everyone!!!

Posted 8.16.18 Reply
  4. Megan wrote:

I love 13, 14, and 19! All perfect for work and fall!

Megan

Posted 8.16.18 Reply
  5. I need those leopard shoes and the striped skirt!! Actually, that would be such a cute pattern mixing outfit with the two of them!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 8.17.18 Reply
  6. Literally love everything Emily!!! Especially that Chloe dupe and leopard heels.

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 8.17.18 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

These are all soooo cute!! I am loving the striped and olive tops, along with the pops of leopard. Makes me so excited for Fall!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 8.18.18 Reply
  8. I absolutely need those cheetah two-strap sandals! They are so adorable 🙂

-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 8.20.18 Reply
  9. Samantha wrote:

Even though you’re right with the weather.. this is some great fall inspiration! Thanks for the picks!
    Xo
    Sam

Posted 8.20.18 Reply
  10. Lauren wrote:

YES yes yes to leopard! Loving these picks.

Xo

Posted 8.20.18 Reply
  11. I am literally obsessing over all of these picks! The temps here are still around 106 with no signs of cooling off… UGH, I am so ready for cold weather!

Posted 8.21.18 Reply
  12. Sara wrote:

I love all of these, especially those gorgeous earrings and camel blazer!

Posted 8.22.18 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly