Another month has come & gone. Today I’m sharing my July monthly recap- what I read, what I bought & more!
July was a pretty low-key month, which I was happy about! After months of what seemed like non-stop travel, I was excited to be home for more than a few days at a time & to catch up on life! For the Fourth of July we headed to the pool for a bit of R&R, followed by our local baseball game with friends! Anytime a holiday falls mid-week it always throws me off a bit, anyone else?!
We also went to the Grand Opening of the McAlister-Leftwich House. It’s a gorgeous historic home turned wedding/event venue in our city! I loved seeing all the hard work Kaitlin put into it! I’m hoping to do a few shoots both for the blog & for my freelance work there!We also broke out Nick’s old Nintendo and had a game night one rainy weekend! I forgot just how fun playing Mario Brothers is haha! We had so much fun playing old school games & being competitive with each other! Can you tell I was in the zone haha?! The rest of the month we just did things around our city, organized our home a bit & relaxed. Nothing too crazy this month!
We have started looking at furniture to transform a room into our joint office! We are hoping to make headway on that sometime in September! We currently love this desk & I’m definitely buying another one of these bookcases because I love it so much! I’m excited to have a dedicated work space- instead of a desk riddled with papers & organized chaos ha!
BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH
This month was a GREAT reading month for me! I read so many great books, as evidenced in my July Reading List + Reviews post! I also had pre-ordered Colleen Hoover’s newest book, All Your Perfects and read it in less then 24 hours! I’ll be sharing it in my August Reading List, but my goodness I LOVED this book. It was so real & raw… and I definitely cried my eyes out.
WHAT I PURCHASED
This month was totally hit & miss with purchases this month! I ordered some items during Nordstrom Sale Early Access and hated almost half of the items- so those all got returned. Ugh! But I did end up keeping a few things like:
I also picked up a few others things:
–this dainty baguette necklace
–tie front wide leg pants
FAVORITE POSTS I READ THIS MONTH
– Reminder: Instagram Is Not Reality | so much yes to this article! I think a lot people forget that IG is NOT real life, so this was a great reminder from Jess!
– What It’s Like to be Friends with a Blogger | love hearing Elle’s perspective on being friends with bloggers!
– My Secret to Making New Friends in my 30s | Such a great post- no one talks about how hard it is to make friends as you get older, especially when self-employed.
– 5 Things to Know Before Visiting Lisbon, Portugal | It’s official, this place is officially on my travel list now! SO gorgeous!
CURRENT FAVORITES ON REPEAT
- BEAUTY: I’ve rediscovered the It! Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream moisturizer & I’m loving it!
- CLOTHING: I’ve been living in this super soft cardigan around the house!
- TV SHOWS: I recently started Younger & I’m already on season three! It’s such a cute show- I still can’t decide if I’m #teamJosh or #teamCharles. I also started Sharper Objects (I read the book a few years ago) and so far it’s only ok to me. I hope it picks up a bit! Also can we talk about the Southern Charm reunion shows…. OH MY GOSH. So insane!
- PODCAST: In the Dark podcast. I’m almost done with season one!
- CURRENTLY READING: My Oxford Year. This book had been recommended to me a lot & I can’t put it down.