Wearing Florals Into Fall

Even though fall is in the air, it doesn’t mean you have to put away your floral tops just yet! Florals are trending for fall this year (yep, you read that right!) and I am all about it! I picked up this floral top a few weeks ago from Loft and I’ve worn it countless times already! I like that it has more muted tones and can easily transition into fall. My foolproof trick for getting more wear out of my floral tops? Throw another layer over it, like a utility jacket or suede moto jacket! Adding a layer instantly makes floral print look fall appropriate! I’m all about getting more wear out of items in my closet!

LOFT FLORAL BUTTON BACK TOPFLORAL TOP | DISTRESSED BOYFRIEND JEANS (SIMILAR, ALSO LOVE THESE!) | CRISSCROSS SLIDES | FIELD JACKET (J.CREW FACTORY OPTION HERE) | OVERSIZED SUNGLASSES (ALSO LOVE THESE!) | BAGUETTE NECKLACE | KATE SPADE WATCH | DAVID YURMAN BRACELETSJ.CREW FIELD JACKETHOW TO STYLE FLORALS FOR FALLFALL TRANSITIONAL OUTFIT HOW TO WEAR FLORAL PRINT INTO FALL

JCREW FIELD JACKET
JCREW FACTORY FIELD JACKET
DAVID YURMAN BRACELETS

HOW TO STYLE A UTILITY JACKET MARC FISHER RINNA SLIDES

1. Nailil wrote:

That’s a pretty floral blouse. Layering a jacket over it is the perfect way to wear it into fall.
    Xx, Nailil

Posted 9.26.18 Reply
  2. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

That floral top is so pretty, and love how you styled it!

Posted 9.26.18 Reply
  3. innapishtoy wrote:

That’s a really cute floral top, perfect for transitioning to fall!

Posted 9.27.18 Reply
  4. Laura wrote:

Such a pretty top! I love the way you styled it, especially with the jacket! I love slides too!

Posted 9.27.18 Reply
  5. Sarah Lennon wrote:

What a cute top! It’s so hot here in Atlanta that this would be perfect for the fall!

Posted 9.27.18 Reply

What a cute jacket! It looks perfect styled with the floral top!

Posted 9.27.18 Reply
  7. Laura wrote:

That is such a pretty fall floral top and I love how you styled it!

xo, Laura

Posted 9.27.18 Reply
  8. minau wrote:

Lovely look!

Posted 9.28.18 Reply
  9. Megan wrote:

Fall florals are my favorite pattern to wear this time of year 🙂

Posted 10.3.18 Reply
  10. Sara wrote:

Em, I’m obsessed with this floral, jean, and jacket combo! You look gorg and those slides are so cute!

Posted 10.3.18 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50