Fall Go-To Outfit

When it comes to fall outfits, I love layering! It’s a great way to get more wear out of the items in your closet, plus it keeps you cozy no matter how cold it is! We got our first peek of fall weather over the weekend and I was thrilled to be breaking out my field jacket! It’s a classic lightweight jacket, perfect for those cool fall temperatures! And naturally, I can’t say no to adding another striped top to my closet – I love the blend of bright and muted tones in this striped top!

On another note, how was everyone’s weekend? Ours was pretty chaotic ha! On Thursday we got a lot of rain from Hurricane Michael and ended up losing power that afternoon. Our city was very well prepared for Florence, but not Michael! We didn’t get power back until Saturday (although many are still without power). I ended up having to cancel a trip I had planned and our weekend was spent among candles and flashlights! I’m grateful we only had power loss as I’ve seen a lot of people lose homes due to trees falling, etc. I’m continuing to think of those who were in Michael’s path of destruction! jcrew field jacket fall

STRIPED BOATNECK TOP | J.CREW FIELD JACKET (Factory version HERE) | DARK WASH DENIM | SAM EDELMAN FLATS (more colors/sizes available HERE) | GOLD HOOP EARRINGS | OVERSIZED SUNGLASSES | GOLD BRACELET |

how to style the jcrew field jacket
j.crew downtown field jacket
how to style stripes for fall

j.crew boatneck striped t-shirt

1. Cathy wrote:

I’m in love with your jacket!! The color is fabulous and I love all the details.

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  2. Danielle wrote:

I have this jacket and it has been such a staple in my Fall wardrobe! Love how you styled it with the stripes 🙂

xx, Danielle

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  3. Megan wrote:

That jacket is everything. I adore it.

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  4. I am glad that you guys only lost power! It’s so scary the destruction a hurricane can bring. Great fall outfit, I love the colors of the stripes!

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  5. Dawn wrote:

This is the perfect everyday fall outfit! Love that top!

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  6. kileen wrote:

This is such a cute outfit babe! I am loving the stripes and these flats!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  7. Ruthie Ridley wrote:

This jacket is so good! I need it for myself!

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  8. Shoetopia wrote:

IN LOVE with this outfit! Love the stripes and the jacket so much!!

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  9. Absolutely love that striped tee! So many pretty colors and perfect for fall!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  10. Morgan wrote:

A field jacket has been on my wish list for a couple of falls now!

-Morgan

Posted 10.18.18 Reply
  11. This utility jacket is such a great layering piece. I love the great color!

Posted 10.18.18 Reply
  12. This is such a perfect and classic look for Fall. I always love just throwing on jeans, a tee and jacket of some sort. So cute my friend!!

Posted 10.19.18 Reply
  13. Shoetopia wrote:

Love this outfit and how you styled the jacket with the striped top! Super cute and great for fall!!

Posted 10.29.18 Reply

• Happy Friday, y'all! We are getting a peek of fall here (before it goes back to high 80s...ugh!) and I'm taking full advantage by pulling out some of my pre-fall items, like these @sofftshoes booties from @zappos, this cozy thermal & my new fall bag! 🙌🏻 These Tilton booties are the perfect taupe color & are extremely comfortable, making them perfect for long-day wear. Hope you have a great weekend! 💙 I'm off to enjoy this weather while it lasts! Outfit details at the link in bio [ad] #gotitonzappos #perfectlysofft #falloutfits #falloutfit
  • Chatting all about my favorite places to order personalized items, whether it’s a gift for you, a bridal party or for the holidays! 💙 I recently discovered @stoneyclover & it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with all the fun pouches & personalized patches! These would be fun bridal or bachelorette gifts! 🙌🏻 Shop my favorites here: http://liketk.it/2F0ar @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKitbag #stoneycloverlane #stoneyclover #madewell
  • Back in business 🙌🏻 I *finally* feel like a human again after getting my computer back from Apple after a week away! 💻 You never realize just how much you rely on your computer until you are without it! I spent the week going totally stir crazy - but I DID get quite a bit of reading in 😂 now it’s time to play catch up! 👩🏼‍💻 hope y’all are having a great week! 💙http://liketk.it/2EQYT #riflepaperco #airpods
  • It's a rainy day here, so it’s a good day to curl up with a good book! 💙📚If you're looking for a book to add to your list, make it #AmericanRoyals that's out *now* 🙌🏻 If you're a fan of anything royal-related, you're sure to love it! 👸🏻It's an unputdownable books that's the perfect mix of gossip girl meets royalty - including scandals and family drama all wrapped into one book! Link in my IG stories to order! @getunderlined @katharinemcgee #enwreads #bookreview #getunderlined [ad]
  • It’s hard to believe it’s already September & summer is coming to an end 💙 I’m sharing my most-worn summer items on lifewithemilyblog.com, including all the pieces in the pic! Shop this look at the link in bio http://liketk.it/2EGou @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKitbag #carryyourday #everydaymadewell  #agolde
  • Cheers to a new (short) week! 🎉 Hope y’all had a great Labor Day weekend! 💙 We did lots of work around the house (thanks to the huge help of my dad!) & we got around to painting our front door today - see IG stories for the final result! 🚪🥰🏡 shop this look at the link in bio - http://liketk.it/2EDgL @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder50 #ltkunder100 #madewell #stevemadden #ltkshoecrush