Fall Go-To Outfit

When it comes to fall outfits, I love layering! It’s a great way to get more wear out of the items in your closet, plus it keeps you cozy no matter how cold it is! We got our first peek of fall weather over the weekend and I was thrilled to be breaking out my field jacket! It’s a classic lightweight jacket, perfect for those cool fall temperatures! And naturally, I can’t say no to adding another striped top to my closet – I love the blend of bright and muted tones in this striped top!

On another note, how was everyone’s weekend? Ours was pretty chaotic ha! On Thursday we got a lot of rain from Hurricane Michael and ended up losing power that afternoon. Our city was very well prepared for Florence, but not Michael! We didn’t get power back until Saturday (although many are still without power). I ended up having to cancel a trip I had planned and our weekend was spent among candles and flashlights! I’m grateful we only had power loss as I’ve seen a lot of people lose homes due to trees falling, etc. I’m continuing to think of those who were in Michael’s path of destruction! jcrew field jacket fall

STRIPED BOATNECK TOP | J.CREW FIELD JACKET (Factory version HERE) | DARK WASH DENIM | SAM EDELMAN FLATS (more colors/sizes available HERE) | GOLD HOOP EARRINGS | OVERSIZED SUNGLASSES | GOLD BRACELET |

how to style the jcrew field jacket
j.crew downtown field jacket
how to style stripes for fall

j.crew boatneck striped t-shirt

1. Cathy wrote:

I’m in love with your jacket!! The color is fabulous and I love all the details.

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  2. Danielle wrote:

I have this jacket and it has been such a staple in my Fall wardrobe! Love how you styled it with the stripes 🙂

xx, Danielle

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  3. Megan wrote:

That jacket is everything. I adore it.

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  4. I am glad that you guys only lost power! It’s so scary the destruction a hurricane can bring. Great fall outfit, I love the colors of the stripes!

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  5. Dawn wrote:

This is the perfect everyday fall outfit! Love that top!

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  6. kileen wrote:

This is such a cute outfit babe! I am loving the stripes and these flats!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  7. Ruthie Ridley wrote:

This jacket is so good! I need it for myself!

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  8. Shoetopia wrote:

IN LOVE with this outfit! Love the stripes and the jacket so much!!

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  9. Absolutely love that striped tee! So many pretty colors and perfect for fall!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  10. Morgan wrote:

A field jacket has been on my wish list for a couple of falls now!

-Morgan

Posted 10.18.18 Reply
  11. This utility jacket is such a great layering piece. I love the great color!

Posted 10.18.18 Reply
  12. This is such a perfect and classic look for Fall. I always love just throwing on jeans, a tee and jacket of some sort. So cute my friend!!

Posted 10.19.18 Reply
  13. Shoetopia wrote:

Love this outfit and how you styled the jacket with the striped top! Super cute and great for fall!!

Posted 10.29.18 Reply

• All smiles because we’re almost to the weekend 🙌🏻 chatting about my favorite recent accessories and how they can totally elevate an outfit today on lifewithemilyblog.com ✨ ps check out IG stories for a funny blooper 😂

Shop this look at the link in bio or in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2zo0f @liketoknow.it #liketkit #abercrombiestyle
  • Girls trips with my #bloggersdotravel gals are my favorite 💙 recapping our trip to Charleston today, including what we did, where we ate & drank and sharing our stay at @hotelbellagrace! #enwexplores #explorecharleston #charleston #hotelbellagrace photo: @julielivingstonphotography
  • A new year, a new set of books to obsess over 📚 at the beginning of a new year I always like to write out the most anticipated books of the year (& add them to my @goodreads list!) to make sure that I read them! Let me just say, soooo many good books to look forward to in 2019 y’all 🙌🏻 starting with the lineup of @booksparks two reading challenges, #wrc2019 & #yawrc2019! If you need me, you know where to find me.... with my nose in a book! 🤓 #enwreads
  • Just wanted to send a thank you to everyone for your very sweet comments on yesterday’s post 💕 I read every single one. They were truly appreciated & a bright light on a heartbreaking day for our family. I’m so thankful for this amazing community!
  • It is with a heavy heart that we had to say goodbye to our sweet family dog, Dingo, earlier today.💔To say our family is absolutely heartbroken would be an understatement. Animals are family & it’s always hard to send them over the 🌈 bridge. We had a great 7.5 years with our sweet little man and our family won’t be complete without him. 😭 It has definitely been a no-good-very-bad Monday.
  • My weekends are always booked 😉📚A *highly* requested blog post is live on lifewithemilyblog.com 📚Sharing the best books I read in 2018 (sharing 30 out of 100!) would love for you to weigh in on the best book you read this past year! #enwreads

Shop 15 of the 30 books here: http://liketk.it/2zjvM #liketkit, blog post linked in stories & in my bio!