Fall Go-To Outfit

When it comes to fall outfits, I love layering! It’s a great way to get more wear out of the items in your closet, plus it keeps you cozy no matter how cold it is! We got our first peek of fall weather over the weekend and I was thrilled to be breaking out my field jacket! It’s a classic lightweight jacket, perfect for those cool fall temperatures! And naturally, I can’t say no to adding another striped top to my closet – I love the blend of bright and muted tones in this striped top!

On another note, how was everyone’s weekend? Ours was pretty chaotic ha! On Thursday we got a lot of rain from Hurricane Michael and ended up losing power that afternoon. Our city was very well prepared for Florence, but not Michael! We didn’t get power back until Saturday (although many are still without power). I ended up having to cancel a trip I had planned and our weekend was spent among candles and flashlights! I’m grateful we only had power loss as I’ve seen a lot of people lose homes due to trees falling, etc. I’m continuing to think of those who were in Michael’s path of destruction! jcrew field jacket fall

STRIPED BOATNECK TOP | J.CREW FIELD JACKET (Factory version HERE) | DARK WASH DENIM | SAM EDELMAN FLATS (more colors/sizes available HERE) | GOLD HOOP EARRINGS | OVERSIZED SUNGLASSES | GOLD BRACELET |

how to style the jcrew field jacket
j.crew downtown field jacket
how to style stripes for fall

j.crew boatneck striped t-shirt

1. Cathy wrote:

I’m in love with your jacket!! The color is fabulous and I love all the details.

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  2. Danielle wrote:

I have this jacket and it has been such a staple in my Fall wardrobe! Love how you styled it with the stripes 🙂

xx, Danielle

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  3. Megan wrote:

That jacket is everything. I adore it.

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  4. I am glad that you guys only lost power! It’s so scary the destruction a hurricane can bring. Great fall outfit, I love the colors of the stripes!

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  5. Dawn wrote:

This is the perfect everyday fall outfit! Love that top!

Posted 10.16.18 Reply
  6. kileen wrote:

This is such a cute outfit babe! I am loving the stripes and these flats!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  7. Ruthie Ridley wrote:

This jacket is so good! I need it for myself!

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  8. Shoetopia wrote:

IN LOVE with this outfit! Love the stripes and the jacket so much!!

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  9. Absolutely love that striped tee! So many pretty colors and perfect for fall!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 10.17.18 Reply
  10. Morgan wrote:

A field jacket has been on my wish list for a couple of falls now!

-Morgan

Posted 10.18.18 Reply
  11. This utility jacket is such a great layering piece. I love the great color!

Posted 10.18.18 Reply
  12. This is such a perfect and classic look for Fall. I always love just throwing on jeans, a tee and jacket of some sort. So cute my friend!!

Posted 10.19.18 Reply
  13. Shoetopia wrote:

Love this outfit and how you styled the jacket with the striped top! Super cute and great for fall!!

Posted 10.29.18 Reply

• I think we’re officially in the “dog days of summer” here in NC 🥵It has been so hot & humid here lately that even leaving the house (and the AC!) seems like such a chore ha! 🍦I *think* I’m ready for fall now! Anyone else?! 🙋🏼‍♀️
P.s. it’s been radio silent around here due to unpacking, training our little pup & just trying to get our little fam into a new routine! 🤗🐶🐱👫🏡
  • Meet Avett Wilkinson 🐶 we added another four-legged friend to our family last weekend (yes, 24 hours after our move... we may be a bit crazy ha!) he is named after our love of @theavettbrothers & is an 8-week old #goldenretriever! 💙 We love this ball of floof more every single day! 🐶 #charlieandavett #avettsadventures
  • SOLD! 🏡 we are officially home owners! 📦🍾👏🏻We are SO excited for this new chapter in our lives & look forward to making this house feel like home 💙 Now, let’s get to unpacking, @nick_wilkinson1! #homeowners #weboughtahouse #firsttimehomeowner
  • A southern summer soirée 💙Last month I got together with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace to put on a southern garden party - complete with delightful desserts, gorgeous @draperjames, great company & the perfect southern backdrop, the gorgeous @mcalisterleftwich house! We had the best time - it was so nice to come together as strangers (well, internet friends!) & leave as friends 👯‍♀️ see more on lifewithemilyblog.com & shop our looks here: http://liketk.it/2CUlv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #draperjamesgirl #mydraperjames photos: @megantravisphotography
  • Calling all book nerds 📚🤓🙋🏼‍♀️ I’m chatting all about @bookofthemonth & why I love it today on the blog! 💙 I’ve been a BOTM member for 3 years now & cant say enough great things about it! Want to join?! DM me or read the post on lifewithemilyblog.com! Link to post in my bio & shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2CRXS #enwreads #bookstagram #bookofthemonth #botm #botmclub
  • It’s Friday! 🎉 anyone else so ready for the weekend?! It has been rainy here *all week long* so I’m hoping for better weather ☀️ p.s. I shared a travel diary from my recent trip with @royalcaribbean on #navigatoriftheseas (link in profile!) #perfectdayatcococay #enwexplores #comeseek
Shop this look at the link in bio OR with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CISq #liketkit #LTKtravel #ltkunder50 #ltkunder100 #amazon #amazonfashion