Happy, happy Friday y’all! We are gearing up for a relaxin weekend and I couldn’t be happier about that! We’re grabbing pizza from our favorite spot tonight & tomorrow we’re making a crockpot meal. That’s the true sign of fall in our household – when we start using the crockpot on a weekly basis haha! I’m back today with a Five on Friday post! I’ve really enjoyed these more random, less curated posts & I hope you do as well. Wishing you each a happy weekend and thanks for reading along!
1. Our home office space is slowly coming together and it’s made a world of difference in my productivity lately. I’ve learned over time that any home project takes time – and for now I’m content with the progress we’ve made so far! I would rather have a partially decorated office and like each and every piece than to fill a room with “things.” Anyone else like that? We added a small console table last month and finally printed off a few large wedding photos to fill the frames! There are still a few items I want to get for the table, like a vase filled with silver dollar eucalyptus and a few other decor items, but even these few additions are an improvement! CONSOLE TABLE | FRAMES (PRINTS ORDERED THROUGH MPIX & WE GOT THE MATS FROM MICHAEL’S) | GOLD TRAY | CANDLE | MERCURY GLASS LAMP
2. It’s crazy to think that our one year wedding anniversary is coming up (next weekend!) Some days it feels like we’ve been married a lifetime and other days it seems like it was just last week! This past year has been nothing short of wonderful and I’m excited to see what year two brings. Next week we’re going to be doing a One Year Anniversary Q&A (similar to our He Said, She Said Q&A that we did right before our wedding!) which I’m excited about. We’ve already gotten some great questions via IG stories, but if you have anything you want us to answer, leave it in the comments and I’ll be sure it gets added to the post!
3. We have finally gotten our first taste of fall this week! It has been SO nice out this entire week – just looking outside there’s not a cloud in the sky – and I’m wearing a jacket (!!!) After having an endless summer I think we all welcomed the cooler temperatures with open arms haha! A few favorites I’ve been wearing this week are my leopard loafers, this cozy cardigan & this sweater!
4. As we gear up for the holidays, I would love to know what you want to see on Life with Emily! Do y’all like gift guides? I realize they are 100% overdone by bloggers and the same 10-15 items appear on them all (just being honest ha!) but I think people still use them to get ideas! Do you want recipes? Entertaining tips, etc? Let me know! I can’t believe it’s time to start thinking of the holidays already…. ahh!
5. It’s no secret around here that I am an avid reader. Some months I have a short “to be read” list, while other months it’s a mile long. Lately I feel like I have had an ENDLESS list of books I want to read! I’ve read some really good ones and can’t wait to share my October reading list with you next week! P.S. Have y’all read any good books recently? Let me know in the comments! I am always looking to add books to my bookshelf (shhh! don’t tell my husband haha!)