Another month has come & gone! Sharing my September recap today. You can see my monthly recaps here!
September was a quite the whirlwind month! I feel like I was constantly on-the-go and my to-do list was endless! To be honest, I spent a lot of the month feeling overwhelmed and uninspired – which can be stressful when your job is to create content (especially when it rains daily for most of the month!) All this to say, I think everyone has off days, weeks, or months and – while it may not always appear that way via my blog posts or instagram feed – I go through those phases too.
Anyways, September included a lot of football watching, drinks with friends, dinners with family, two funerals, and some unexpected travel! Our wedding-planner-turned-friend, Carly, planned a styled shoot & Nick and I got to be bride & groom again for the day! They went with a bright, boho theme & turned out beautifully. It was so different from our own wedding, but so gorgeous. I’ve gotta say, I didn’t hate being the bride again especially because this time it was sans the stress of planning haha!
Between Hurricane Florence hitting North Carolina to a friend passing away tragically, I’m happy to move on to a fresh, new month! Speaking of, I can’t believe it’s already October… our anniversary month! AH! Does anyone else think this year has totally flown by?
Our office is pretty much done… for now! We now have a desk, bookcase, and a console table in our home office! We still have a few items like a new desk chair, rug & some decor that we need for the space, but it’s functional and I’m SO happy about it! There’s nothing better than having a designated space to work (that’s not cluttered ha!)BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH
There were so many good reads this month! You can see them in my September Reading List. If you’re looking for a suspense thriller then check out The Other Woman. If you want a “feel good” romance check out Josh & Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating. Both were great reads! I’m really looking forward to my October reads… a few of my favorite authors are releasing new books this month. WHAT I PURCHASED
The pre-fall sales 100% got me this month. Between Loft, Shopbop & Abercrombie I am now fully stocked for fall!
My favorite pair of denim
A chic vegan leather jacket
A new classic chambray top
My go-to flats for fall
A pair of cap-toe block heels
A new pair of my fav BF jeans
I mentioned last month that I stopped BBG. BBG seems to work differently depending on body type and I figured out it just wasn’t meant for mine ha! Even though I was getting stronger, I was gaining in areas I didn’t want (thighs and arms) and felt the program was “bulking” me up a bit. Since then I have been doing more exercises focusing on toning and adding in more cardio.
FAVORITE POSTS I READ THIS MONTH
Why You Should Vote & How to Register | This post has everything you need to know about voting. It’s more important than ever to make sure you are registered to vote – and better yet – to actually get out there and VOTE. You can’t complain if you aren’t participating.
Tips for International Travel | Lots of great tips from Jess about traveling smart, safe & efficiently.
Five Ways to Switch Up Your Fitness Routine | In a rut? Switch it up! Great ways to switch up your routine in Lauren’s post.
Feeling “Ready” to Have a Baby | I really related to this post & enjoyed hearing someone else’s point of view on being “ready” for a baby! How did you know that you were ready to start trying?
CURRENT FAVORITES ON REPEAT
- BEAUTY: This Vitamin C serum and this Retinol serum. I just started using them about a week ago – but so far, so good!
- CLOTHING: This soft tee & these jeans! Both have been my go-to items recently.
- TV SHOWS: Fall TV is back and I’m so happy about it! This is Us is back (cue all the tears) and Below Deck came back this week!
- PODCAST: I haven’t listened to Podcasts as often since I’ve been listening to my audiobooks, but I’m still listening to In the Dark on occasion & I want to start Dr. Death! Has anyone listened to that? It’s the newest podcast by the same producer of Dirty John.
- AUDIOBOOK: Hidden Bodies – this is the second book in the You series (the new TV show!) and I’m really enjoying it on audiobook. The narrator is amazing & super creepy.
- CURRENTLY READING: I just finished Cross Her Heart (from Book of the Month) and I *think* I may start The Tattooist of Auschwitz next but I’m not 100% sure! I’ve had it on my list since I first heard about it.