My Custom Anniversary Band + Gift Ideas for Your Loved Ones

One thing that I love giving and receiving are sentimental gifts. Whether it’s something from a place that has a special meaning or something I can wear that will always remind me of a loved one – those gifts are the ones that always mean the most. I have received many wonderful, sentimental gifts and years later I am still wearing them and thinking of the memories that are attached to them.To celebrate our anniversary at the end of October, Nick and I both knew we wanted to do something special. We had a staycation where we got married, which brought back so many wonderful memories. The week of our wedding I received a necklace that had a map of our wedding venue with a diamond in the middle of the exact spot we got married, so needless to say I love sentimental pieces. When it came time to discuss anniversary gifts, we knew we wanted something sentimental to celebrate our first year of marriage. We worked with Fink’s Jewelers to create a custom piece of jewelry!

So let’s rewind a little bit, shall we… my grandmother passed away about seven years ago and I received one of her rings. It was custom piece that she had made 25+ years ago and it consisted of diamonds from one of her rings and my great grandmother’s ring. I was so incredibly grateful to get the ring because it had so much family history to it. The ring itself, while beautiful, was quite large and over the top, so it stayed in my jewelry box for years.I felt so bad about having such a beautiful piece just sitting in my jewelry box!! I had been wanting to do something with it for a while, but was at a loss of where to start.

how to create custom jewelry finks jewelers
how to create custom jewelry finks jewelers Greensboro NC

One day I headed to my local Fink’s Jewelers to get an idea of the value of the ring, what could be done with it, and start the customization process. We decided to go with a custom anniversary band and a pendant. From there, Fink’s master jewelers took over the design process and continued to update me regularly on the progress! The entire process was a breeze and I really appreciated that they included me in every single step and educated me along the way. They were so knowledgeable about everything and had really great ideas for the pieces. Below I’m going to share some photos they took of the process!

The final product of each item is incredible! I teared up when I went into the store to pick up my pieces. They were truly so special and beautiful. I will cherish these pieces forever and it will be great to pass down to our children one day. I have been wearing the anniversary band on both of my ring fingers – sometimes with my wedding band/engagement ring and other times with my David Yurman ring! Below are the photos of the two pieces – an eternity anniversary band and a pendant. I love that Fink’s was able to keep the original halo of the ring for the neckalace pendant, so it’s the exact same way my grandmother designed it years ago.

My ring and pendant really got me to thinking about gift ideas for significant others! Let’s be honest, people are hard to shop for, and usually significant others/spouses are at the top of that list (at least in our household ha!) Fink’s Jewelers has a wide variety of items at various price points that make perfect gifts! Today I’ve rounded up twenty great gifts, whether you’re shopping for a birthday, an anniversary or the upcoming holiday! I even included a few gifts in there for the guys, too! 😉 P.S. You can never go wrong with a watch for a man!

finks jewelers gift ideas

1. JOHN HARDY INTERLOCKING PENDANT | 2. 15MM MONOGRAM NECKLACE | 3. 15MM BLOCK LETTER MONOGRAM NECKLACE (I have this & love it!) | 4. CLASSIC MONOGRAM NECKLACE | 5. TINY TREASURES INITIAL PENDANT (I have a similar necklace and wear it all the time!) | 6. SABEL COLLECTION BEZEL SET DIAMOND BAND | 7.  CLASSIC HOOP EARRINGS | 8. ROUND PEARL EARRINGS ($100) | 9. CLASSIC MONOGRAM BRACELET | 10. MIKIMOTO PEARL NECKLACE | 11. MIKIMOTO PEARL EARRINGS | 12. DIAMOND CROSSOVER BAND (my wedding band is VERY similar!) | 13. SABEL COLLECTION ROUND CUT DIAMOND STUDS | 14. DIAMOND RING WITH MARQUISE ACCENTS | 15. MONOGRAM RING | 16. FOREVERMARK TRIBUTE BEZEL SET DIAMOND PENDANT | 17. SHINOLA MEN’S WATCH WITH TAN LEATHER STRAP | 18. MEN’S MONOGRAM BLOCK CUFFLINKS | 19. IPPOLITA CLASSIC SKINNY HAMMERED BANGLE | 20. WOLF 1834 5-WATCH HOLDER

A few other gift ideas…

Anything by David Yurman! I have pieces from 15 years ago that were given to me as gifts and still hold special meaning. I wore the first big gift Nick gave me at 18, a David Yurman bracelet, on our wedding day! The Fink’s stores have an incredible selection of David Yurman jewelry! An anniversary band! Even if you’re not married, these rings can be stacked together for different anniversaries or special moments!
You can almost never go wrong with a watch for a guy! Nick loves watches and has worn all of the ones I got him endlessly! He gave *not so subtle* hints about this Rolex haha! Jokes on him 😉

I hope y’all enjoyed this post! It was a fun one to write and share with you all. I would love to hear what you plan on gifting this season and what’s on your list!

This post is sponsored by Fink’s Jewelers. All thoughts, writing & styling is my own.

1. Beth wrote:

Love Finks! Need to get in there and have my engagement ring resized and my wedding band repaired. I seriously injured my finger last year and my wedding band had to be cut off; my engagement ring no longer fits because my finger was damaged so badly it didn’t go back to its normal size. I know if anyone can take care of these 2 things, Finks can!

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  2. Cathy wrote:

This jewelry is beautiful! I love your ring, it has a vintage vibe-it’s beautiful!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  3. Oh my gosh! This is such an incredibly special idea and what a beautiful piece handed down from your Grandmother… so special that you repurposed it into TWO memorable items to keep and pass down to your children 🙂

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  4. Danielle wrote:

That ring pendant is absolutely stunning and so incredibly unique!

xx, Danielle

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  5. I love what they did with your grandma’s ring. The final product of the ring and pendant turned out beautifully.

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  6. Jessica Camerata wrote:

I love that you still kept the beauty and uniqueness of the ring. Sometimes people just transform it entirely and it’s unrecognizable. Love what they did here!

xo Jessica

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  7. Denise Kokinis wrote:

Wow, this is amazing! Your ring and band are seriously both so gorgeous! That ring is so unique, so I loved how you picked a band to complement it! And I really love all these fabulous pieces you picked as gifts!

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  8. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Wow i absolutely love what they did with the ring pendant! That is so cool!!

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  9. Rachel wrote:

Oh my gosh – the original ring was stunning but I totally understand why it’s not a ring to be worn every day! Fink’s did such an amazing job customizing the diamonds into new pieces, I especially love the necklace with the original halo!

Rachel

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  10. Candace wrote:

David Yurman jewelry is so elegant and classy. I love their jewelry, specially the rings and bracelets.

XO
    Candace

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  11. Wow these pieces are absolutely stunning!

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  12. Anna English wrote:

The original ring is stunning! They did such a great job.

Posted 11.28.18 Reply
  13. nailil wrote:

These are beautiful. I need to check out Frinks. They seem to have a great selection.

Posted 11.28.18 Reply
  14. This is so special and I love the way the design turned out! I have tons of my grandma’s jewelry that my mom gave me so you’ve inspired me to repurpose it in a way that I can wear it more often!

Posted 12.1.18 Reply
  15. roxy wrote:

What a great way to rework a family ring! And I love the ring you picked out.

Posted 12.1.18 Reply
  16. Erica wrote:

WOW, what a gorgeous selection they have! I’ll take one of each… ha! 😉

Posted 12.2.18 Reply
  17. stephanie wrote:

Wow, so many pretty options! We are actually about to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary so I’m getting some inspiration!

Posted 12.2.18 Reply
  18. Avani wrote:

Those are such great pieces. Love them all

Posted 12.3.18 Reply
  19. Laura wrote:

Oh wow! I love how they changed the ring into a band and pendant. I love that you put your own spin on it and are now able to wear it!

Posted 12.3.18 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly