Stress-Free Holiday Entertaining Ideas

Thank you to AVA Grace Vineyards for sponsoring this post. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

It’s hard to believe the holidays are just around the corner! The holidays can be a time of stress for a lot of people, myself included. Between trying to figure out holiday plans, making sure everything is perfect and scooting from place to place, it can be exhausting and stress inducing! This year I am determined to have a stress-free holiday season. Today AVA Grace Vineyards is sponsoring this post about how I plan to have a stress-free holiday season!1. PLAN AHEAD | This year I am working on planning as much as I can in advance. For me, it helps to know what’s on my calendar and when I have plans, whether I’m attending a party or hosting one! I am a planner by nature, so knowing that I have plans helps me figure out what I need to bring, if I need to make anything, etc.2. HAVE “GO TO” DISHES | Whether you’re hosting or attending a holiday party that requires you to bring a dish, make sure you have a “go to” dish that you can readily make! I always reference my favorite cookbooks (The Southerner’s Cookbook by Garden & Gun, The Newlywed Cookbook from Williams-Sonoma, and Two in the Kitchen) to get recipes that I know everyone will love! A few of our favorite “go to” dishes around the holidays include sausage balls or sausage dip, pimento cheese dip, pasta salads, or sweet potato casserole!

3. ALWAYS HAVE WINE ON HAND | If you’re hosting a party, chances are you’ll need to stock up on wine and other beverages for your guests! Around the holidays we like to keep our wine rack stocked with an assortment of wines should we have guests over! We have been loving wines from AVA Grace Vineyards lately! Nick and I love reds and red blends, and the red blend by AVA Grace is delicious. This medium-bodied red has a great hint of spice and notes of berries, making it a great wine to pair with a lot of holiday dishes! If you’re not a red wine drinker, then you may enjoy the Ava Grace Sauvignon Blanc. It is light-bodied and has more tropical fruit flavors. These are great wines to keep in your wine rack all holiday season! Plus, they make great hosting gifts too 😉4. DECORATE FOR THE OCCASION | No holiday party is complete without a little holiday decor! I don’t think you have to go all out when entertaining, but adding a few touches (like these cute pumpkins!) make the party feel a bit more festive! A few easy, affordable decorations include eucalyptus leaves, candles and ornaments in a centerpiece vase!

5. ASK FOR HELP | Let’s face it, whether you’re prepping dishes or getting your home ready for a full house, you can’t get it all done by yourself! Don’t be afraid to ask your significant other, your kids, or your friends for help if you need it! It makes the process a little less stressful and a lot more fun! If you feel overwhelmed at the thought of cooking a whole meal for a large party, ask your guests to bring a side or dessert! It takes some of the pressure off of you and you’ll get a great variety of items.

I would love to hear your holiday traditions and how you plan on making your holiday season stress free!

1. Beth wrote:

We don’t live near family so holidays are quiet and stress free! After so many years of running around trying to do everything and see everyone, it is a welcome change to be able to just relax and enjoy the holidays stress free!

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  2. lyddiegal wrote:

I love your simple decor, the white and gold pumpkins are darling, and you can never go wrong as long as there is plenty of wine on hand!

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  3. Totally agree with your go-to dishes recommendation. Last time we hosted, I tried a new dish and it did NOT go well 🙁

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  4. Mollie wrote:

I hear ya, the holidays can be so stressful! We’re hosting Thanksgiving in London tomorrow so I’m basically losing my mind about now lol. We will definitely have lots of wine on hand 😉

xx Mollie

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  5. Candace wrote:

Number 2 and 3 are life!! lol My grandma always has the busiest day ever every holiday, but not me. I like to be relax and those days. I hope that you enjoy your Thanksgiving Day!

XO
    Candace

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  6. I definitely always have wine on hand!! That was actually the first thing I set out to take to my parents today! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Posted 11.22.18 Reply
  7. Kelsey wrote:

I loveee your decor! so simple and elegant!

Posted 11.23.18 Reply
  8. Anna English wrote:

Great tips Emily! I agree, WINE and lots of it, is always a must have! ha.

Posted 11.24.18 Reply
  9. Always having wine on hand is so true!! I need to get better at that now that Coop and I have a place where we can host lots of people!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 11.26.18 Reply
  10. steph wrote:

great post! I hate that hosting for the holidays can be stressful when there is so much joy that it should bring!

Cheers,
    Steph
    @stephnweber|trendyinindy@gmail.com

Posted 11.26.18 Reply
  11. Jessica wrote:

Love your table set up! And I ALWAYS have wine for a dinner party. And back ups as well!
    xo Jessica

Posted 11.26.18 Reply
  12. Kristina wrote:

Having wine on hand is a MUST!! We entertain a lot so we always try to keep a variety of drinks in our wine/liquor cabinet!

Posted 11.28.18 Reply

• Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there 💙 Feeling extra thankful that I have two father figures in my life who have filled my life with unconditional love, support & advice anytime I need it! I come from a divorced, blended family & I constantly count my blessings that all 4 of my parents get along so well! 🥰 I know these holidays can be hard for some, so just know that I’m sending hugs to all that are struggling today!💕 #happyfathersday photos: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Happy Saturday y’all 💙made it home from Connecticut, but still reminiscing on the fun summer kickoff event that was hosted by @sailtosable, @jackrogersusa , @palmbeachlately & @monogrammary! 🥂 It was filled with all the summer essentials: rosé 🍾, mini 🍔& 🌭, sparklers ✨& of course cute 👗just waiting to be taken on vacation! Had the BEST time catching up with blog friends & meeting some new faces, too! Definitely one of the best parts of blogging is the community & the friends I have made through it! 📸: @juliadags #enwexplores #setsailsummer #sailtosable
Shop our outfits with the #linkinbio OR with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CzKr #liketkit
  • Puttin’ a little pep in my step this summer in the cutest sneakers 💙 these classic white @keds “ace” sneakers from @zappos are a go-to for summer travel & a pair perfectly with white jeans for a casual look! #ad #kedsstyle #zapposstyle shop this look at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2Cv2l
  • Happy Saturday, y’all! 🌸Sharing a snap from last weekend when the weather was ☀️for a fun shoot with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace! This weekend is rainy & gloomy, so I’m inside cuddling with Mr. Charlie and doing a bit of reading! What are y’all up to? 💙
Just a heads up this dress runs TTS & goes up to size 3x 👏🏻shop it at the link in bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cplt #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100
  • Can you believe the official start of summer is exactly 2 weeks away?! 👙🌊🍹I’m sharing my summer bucket list today on the blog (link in bio!) shop this look with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cnhz #liketkit #enwexplores #amazonfashion #amazonfashionfinds #brixtonhat #jcrew
  • Half way through the week and I am counting down the days until I’m twirling into the weekend!🙌🏻💃🏼 this dress is vacay approved because it’s twirl worthy AND wrinkle proof (it would even be great for a wedding!) shop this dress at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2ClCH #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek