Stress-Free Holiday Entertaining Ideas

Thank you to AVA Grace Vineyards for sponsoring this post. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

It’s hard to believe the holidays are just around the corner! The holidays can be a time of stress for a lot of people, myself included. Between trying to figure out holiday plans, making sure everything is perfect and scooting from place to place, it can be exhausting and stress inducing! This year I am determined to have a stress-free holiday season. Today AVA Grace Vineyards is sponsoring this post about how I plan to have a stress-free holiday season!1. PLAN AHEAD | This year I am working on planning as much as I can in advance. For me, it helps to know what’s on my calendar and when I have plans, whether I’m attending a party or hosting one! I am a planner by nature, so knowing that I have plans helps me figure out what I need to bring, if I need to make anything, etc.2. HAVE “GO TO” DISHES | Whether you’re hosting or attending a holiday party that requires you to bring a dish, make sure you have a “go to” dish that you can readily make! I always reference my favorite cookbooks (The Southerner’s Cookbook by Garden & Gun, The Newlywed Cookbook from Williams-Sonoma, and Two in the Kitchen) to get recipes that I know everyone will love! A few of our favorite “go to” dishes around the holidays include sausage balls or sausage dip, pimento cheese dip, pasta salads, or sweet potato casserole!

3. ALWAYS HAVE WINE ON HAND | If you’re hosting a party, chances are you’ll need to stock up on wine and other beverages for your guests! Around the holidays we like to keep our wine rack stocked with an assortment of wines should we have guests over! We have been loving wines from AVA Grace Vineyards lately! Nick and I love reds and red blends, and the red blend by AVA Grace is delicious. This medium-bodied red has a great hint of spice and notes of berries, making it a great wine to pair with a lot of holiday dishes! If you’re not a red wine drinker, then you may enjoy the Ava Grace Sauvignon Blanc. It is light-bodied and has more tropical fruit flavors. These are great wines to keep in your wine rack all holiday season! Plus, they make great hosting gifts too 😉4. DECORATE FOR THE OCCASION | No holiday party is complete without a little holiday decor! I don’t think you have to go all out when entertaining, but adding a few touches (like these cute pumpkins!) make the party feel a bit more festive! A few easy, affordable decorations include eucalyptus leaves, candles and ornaments in a centerpiece vase!

5. ASK FOR HELP | Let’s face it, whether you’re prepping dishes or getting your home ready for a full house, you can’t get it all done by yourself! Don’t be afraid to ask your significant other, your kids, or your friends for help if you need it! It makes the process a little less stressful and a lot more fun! If you feel overwhelmed at the thought of cooking a whole meal for a large party, ask your guests to bring a side or dessert! It takes some of the pressure off of you and you’ll get a great variety of items.

I would love to hear your holiday traditions and how you plan on making your holiday season stress free!

1. Beth wrote:

We don’t live near family so holidays are quiet and stress free! After so many years of running around trying to do everything and see everyone, it is a welcome change to be able to just relax and enjoy the holidays stress free!

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  2. lyddiegal wrote:

I love your simple decor, the white and gold pumpkins are darling, and you can never go wrong as long as there is plenty of wine on hand!

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  3. Totally agree with your go-to dishes recommendation. Last time we hosted, I tried a new dish and it did NOT go well 🙁

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  4. Mollie wrote:

I hear ya, the holidays can be so stressful! We’re hosting Thanksgiving in London tomorrow so I’m basically losing my mind about now lol. We will definitely have lots of wine on hand 😉

xx Mollie

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  5. Candace wrote:

Number 2 and 3 are life!! lol My grandma always has the busiest day ever every holiday, but not me. I like to be relax and those days. I hope that you enjoy your Thanksgiving Day!

XO
    Candace

Posted 11.21.18 Reply
  6. I definitely always have wine on hand!! That was actually the first thing I set out to take to my parents today! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Posted 11.22.18 Reply
  7. Kelsey wrote:

I loveee your decor! so simple and elegant!

Posted 11.23.18 Reply
  8. Anna English wrote:

Great tips Emily! I agree, WINE and lots of it, is always a must have! ha.

Posted 11.24.18 Reply
  9. Always having wine on hand is so true!! I need to get better at that now that Coop and I have a place where we can host lots of people!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 11.26.18 Reply
  10. steph wrote:

great post! I hate that hosting for the holidays can be stressful when there is so much joy that it should bring!

Cheers,
    Steph
    @stephnweber|trendyinindy@gmail.com

Posted 11.26.18 Reply
  11. Jessica wrote:

Love your table set up! And I ALWAYS have wine for a dinner party. And back ups as well!
    xo Jessica

Posted 11.26.18 Reply
  12. Kristina wrote:

Having wine on hand is a MUST!! We entertain a lot so we always try to keep a variety of drinks in our wine/liquor cabinet!

Posted 11.28.18 Reply

• Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety
  • Cheers to 29 & the last year of my 20s! 🎉🥳🎈Looking forward to another year of fun, traveling & making a lot of memories! Chatting about my honest thoughts on getting older and sharing the things I want to do in my last year of my 20s today on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 feeling thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends & family! #cheersto29 #happybirthday
  • Last night of bein’ 28! 🥳Off to dinner @1618seafoodgrille with my fam before I turn 29!
My top, sunglasses, earrings, bag & shoes are 20-25% off! Shop everything here http://liketk.it/2B2Ma @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkunder100