It’s hard to believe we are coming up on the end of 2018! To me, this year has flown by! I’ve been able to travel quite a bit this year and still have a few trips in the books, all of which I’m looking forward to! There have been many, many times where I have overpacked and not needed most of the items. And then there have been other times where I have forgotten the most basic of items! Over the past year I’ve really tried to narrow down my “must have” items for traveling so that when it’s time to pack I know exactly what to put in my bag. Since doing this, it’s made packing (and traveling!) so much easier. Today I’m excited to partner with Olay to share the items I never travel without!
THE ITEMS I NEVER TRAVEL WITHOUT
- AIRPODS OR HEADPHONES | Ever since I got my AirPods a few months back I have taken them everywhere – from the grocery store to the nail salon. So naturally I bring them along anytime I travel. I love listening to audiobooks and podcasts when I travel.
- LAPTOP | I always bring my laptop with me, even if I don’t necessarily need it for work purposes! If I’m flying and know I’ll be on an older plane then I’ll download a movie to my computer so I can have some in-flight entertainment! I also try to be productive as possible when flying, so I’ll make notes on my laptop of things I need to do or ideas I may have. I swear by Evernote because it automatically syncs to my phone & iPad!
- BOOK & KINDLE | I know I’ve mentioned this many, many times but I never go anywhere without a book with me. If I’m going on a trip where I will have some extra down time then I try to bring a physical book along with me Kindle – there’s nothing quite like an actual book on vacation!
- OLAY HYDRATING MISTS | Olay recently launched their new hydrating mists and let me tell y’all – they’re game changers! They released an energizing mist & a calming mist, both of which are fantastic. When I travel my skin gets so dry, so having these mists on hand help keep my skin feeling hydrated on the go. My favorite one is the calming mist – it contains aloe leaf and chamomile, leaving your skin feeling replenished and hydrated. As soon as I spray it, my face feels refreshed. I brought this along on my trip and used it as soon as I got off the flight.
- SNACK | I’ll admit, I can get pretty hangry when traveling (just ask Nick!) so I always make sure I toss a snack or two in my bag in case my hunger strikes! I would rather have too many snacks than not enough 🙂
- AN EXTRA LAYER | When traveling I like to bring an extra layer, whether that’s a cardigan or a scarf! I hate feeling cold on planes, so having one of these lightweight layers is important.
- A COSMETIC BAG OF ESSENTIALS | I recently got this travel cosmetic case and I have been throwing it in all my bags. It’s such an easy way to make sure I have all the essentials (like lotion, medicine, chapstick, etc) while keeping my bag organized at the same time. It also has an outer snap pocket so I can easily access whatever I use most (…and if you know me, that means my chapstick haha!)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine.