A Chic Holiday Outfit

Can y’all believe that Christmas is in less than two weeks?! I still have quite a bit of holiday shopping (and wrapping!) left to do, so I should probably get going on that! One thing I am prepared for? Holiday parties and events! We have a few holiday events and I already have outfits planned for them! If you’re in need of an outfit for the holidays, be sure to check out the details below.

I know a lot of people struggle with what to wear to holiday parties and events each season, including me! It’s typically too cold for dresses, but I also don’t want to wear jeans. So when I found these velvet wide leg pants, I knew they were the perfect alternative, plus they would be warmer than wearing a dress. They can easily be dressed up or worn more casually with a button down top, like I did! I plan on wearing these pants to our Christmas Candlelight service this coming weekend. I think these velvet pants would also look cute with a sequin top for NYE!

PLAID TOP | VELVET WIDE LEG PANTS | BLACK BLOCK HEELS | GIGI NY BAG | EARRINGS

photos by Julie Livingston Photography

1. minau wrote:

Great look! So chic!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  2. Oh this look likes a great outfit! I could even see myself wearing this for a friends get together, or for Christmas eve!

3. Anna Kay Cope wrote:

Such a cute twist on the holiday party outfit! And I am DYING over those earrings!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

This outfit is super cute! I love the velvet pants with the plaid!

5. Cathy wrote:

This outfit is so cute! It can easily go from day into evening, love that!

XOXO
    Cathy

6. Kim wrote:

These velvet pants are so fun! I love this look on you Emily! I have those shoes in turquoise and they are the best!

xoxo,
    Kim

7. Mollie wrote:

DYING over those pants and shoes!! This is such a chic and classic holiday look. I need to recreate this ASAP!

xx Mollie

8. Leah wrote:

I am living for this velvet and plaid combo!

xx Leah

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

Alright, it’s official: I need those velvet pants in my life. They’d be perfect for dressing up and down for the holiday season! I love how you styled them with the plaid button-up top. So cute!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  10. So chic! Those pants are so fun and I love how they can be dressed up or down.

xx Chelsea

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  11. You look gorgeous!!! Love these pants!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  12. Love the casual chic look. You look great!

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  13. Such a cute look Emily! I am loving the flannel shirt all dress up.

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 12.15.18 Reply
  14. Annie wrote:

This is such a cute, casual look! Where did you find your dainty monogram necklace?

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thanks so much, Annie! The necklace is from Baublebar, but unfortunately they don’t make this style anymore 🙁 Here is a similar one: http://bit.ly/2Cl7B6M

Posted 12.18.18 Reply

• I think we’re officially in the “dog days of summer” here in NC 🥵It has been so hot & humid here lately that even leaving the house (and the AC!) seems like such a chore ha! 🍦I *think* I’m ready for fall now! Anyone else?! 🙋🏼‍♀️
P.s. it’s been radio silent around here due to unpacking, training our little pup & just trying to get our little fam into a new routine! 🤗🐶🐱👫🏡
  • Meet Avett Wilkinson 🐶 we added another four-legged friend to our family last weekend (yes, 24 hours after our move... we may be a bit crazy ha!) he is named after our love of @theavettbrothers & is an 8-week old #goldenretriever! 💙 We love this ball of floof more every single day! 🐶 #charlieandavett #avettsadventures
  • SOLD! 🏡 we are officially home owners! 📦🍾👏🏻We are SO excited for this new chapter in our lives & look forward to making this house feel like home 💙 Now, let’s get to unpacking, @nick_wilkinson1! #homeowners #weboughtahouse #firsttimehomeowner
  • A southern summer soirée 💙Last month I got together with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace to put on a southern garden party - complete with delightful desserts, gorgeous @draperjames, great company & the perfect southern backdrop, the gorgeous @mcalisterleftwich house! We had the best time - it was so nice to come together as strangers (well, internet friends!) & leave as friends 👯‍♀️ see more on lifewithemilyblog.com & shop our looks here: http://liketk.it/2CUlv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #draperjamesgirl #mydraperjames photos: @megantravisphotography
  • Calling all book nerds 📚🤓🙋🏼‍♀️ I’m chatting all about @bookofthemonth & why I love it today on the blog! 💙 I’ve been a BOTM member for 3 years now & cant say enough great things about it! Want to join?! DM me or read the post on lifewithemilyblog.com! Link to post in my bio & shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2CRXS #enwreads #bookstagram #bookofthemonth #botm #botmclub
  • It’s Friday! 🎉 anyone else so ready for the weekend?! It has been rainy here *all week long* so I’m hoping for better weather ☀️ p.s. I shared a travel diary from my recent trip with @royalcaribbean on #navigatoriftheseas (link in profile!) #perfectdayatcococay #enwexplores #comeseek
Shop this look at the link in bio OR with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CISq #liketkit #LTKtravel #ltkunder50 #ltkunder100 #amazon #amazonfashion