A Chic Holiday Outfit

Can y’all believe that Christmas is in less than two weeks?! I still have quite a bit of holiday shopping (and wrapping!) left to do, so I should probably get going on that! One thing I am prepared for? Holiday parties and events! We have a few holiday events and I already have outfits planned for them! If you’re in need of an outfit for the holidays, be sure to check out the details below.

I know a lot of people struggle with what to wear to holiday parties and events each season, including me! It’s typically too cold for dresses, but I also don’t want to wear jeans. So when I found these velvet wide leg pants, I knew they were the perfect alternative, plus they would be warmer than wearing a dress. They can easily be dressed up or worn more casually with a button down top, like I did! I plan on wearing these pants to our Christmas Candlelight service this coming weekend. I think these velvet pants would also look cute with a sequin top for NYE!

PLAID TOP | VELVET WIDE LEG PANTS | BLACK BLOCK HEELS | GIGI NY BAG | EARRINGS

photos by Julie Livingston Photography

1. minau wrote:

Great look! So chic!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  2. Oh this look likes a great outfit! I could even see myself wearing this for a friends get together, or for Christmas eve!

3. Anna Kay Cope wrote:

Such a cute twist on the holiday party outfit! And I am DYING over those earrings!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

This outfit is super cute! I love the velvet pants with the plaid!

5. Cathy wrote:

This outfit is so cute! It can easily go from day into evening, love that!

XOXO
    Cathy

6. Kim wrote:

These velvet pants are so fun! I love this look on you Emily! I have those shoes in turquoise and they are the best!

xoxo,
    Kim

7. Mollie wrote:

DYING over those pants and shoes!! This is such a chic and classic holiday look. I need to recreate this ASAP!

xx Mollie

8. Leah wrote:

I am living for this velvet and plaid combo!

xx Leah

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

Alright, it’s official: I need those velvet pants in my life. They’d be perfect for dressing up and down for the holiday season! I love how you styled them with the plaid button-up top. So cute!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  10. So chic! Those pants are so fun and I love how they can be dressed up or down.

xx Chelsea

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  11. You look gorgeous!!! Love these pants!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  12. Love the casual chic look. You look great!

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  13. Such a cute look Emily! I am loving the flannel shirt all dress up.

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 12.15.18 Reply
  14. Annie wrote:

This is such a cute, casual look! Where did you find your dainty monogram necklace?

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thanks so much, Annie! The necklace is from Baublebar, but unfortunately they don’t make this style anymore 🙁 Here is a similar one: http://bit.ly/2Cl7B6M

Posted 12.18.18 Reply

• All smiles because we’re almost to the weekend 🙌🏻 chatting about my favorite recent accessories and how they can totally elevate an outfit today on lifewithemilyblog.com ✨ ps check out IG stories for a funny blooper 😂

Shop this look at the link in bio or in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2zo0f @liketoknow.it #liketkit #abercrombiestyle
  • Girls trips with my #bloggersdotravel gals are my favorite 💙 recapping our trip to Charleston today, including what we did, where we ate & drank and sharing our stay at @hotelbellagrace! #enwexplores #explorecharleston #charleston #hotelbellagrace photo: @julielivingstonphotography
  • A new year, a new set of books to obsess over 📚 at the beginning of a new year I always like to write out the most anticipated books of the year (& add them to my @goodreads list!) to make sure that I read them! Let me just say, soooo many good books to look forward to in 2019 y’all 🙌🏻 starting with the lineup of @booksparks two reading challenges, #wrc2019 & #yawrc2019! If you need me, you know where to find me.... with my nose in a book! 🤓 #enwreads
  • Just wanted to send a thank you to everyone for your very sweet comments on yesterday’s post 💕 I read every single one. They were truly appreciated & a bright light on a heartbreaking day for our family. I’m so thankful for this amazing community!
  • It is with a heavy heart that we had to say goodbye to our sweet family dog, Dingo, earlier today.💔To say our family is absolutely heartbroken would be an understatement. Animals are family & it’s always hard to send them over the 🌈 bridge. We had a great 7.5 years with our sweet little man and our family won’t be complete without him. 😭 It has definitely been a no-good-very-bad Monday.
  • My weekends are always booked 😉📚A *highly* requested blog post is live on lifewithemilyblog.com 📚Sharing the best books I read in 2018 (sharing 30 out of 100!) would love for you to weigh in on the best book you read this past year! #enwreads

Shop 15 of the 30 books here: http://liketk.it/2zjvM #liketkit, blog post linked in stories & in my bio!