A Chic Holiday Outfit

Can y’all believe that Christmas is in less than two weeks?! I still have quite a bit of holiday shopping (and wrapping!) left to do, so I should probably get going on that! One thing I am prepared for? Holiday parties and events! We have a few holiday events and I already have outfits planned for them! If you’re in need of an outfit for the holidays, be sure to check out the details below.

I know a lot of people struggle with what to wear to holiday parties and events each season, including me! It’s typically too cold for dresses, but I also don’t want to wear jeans. So when I found these velvet wide leg pants, I knew they were the perfect alternative, plus they would be warmer than wearing a dress. They can easily be dressed up or worn more casually with a button down top, like I did! I plan on wearing these pants to our Christmas Candlelight service this coming weekend. I think these velvet pants would also look cute with a sequin top for NYE!

PLAID TOP | VELVET WIDE LEG PANTS | BLACK BLOCK HEELS | GIGI NY BAG | EARRINGS

photos by Julie Livingston Photography

1. minau wrote:

Great look! So chic!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  2. Oh this look likes a great outfit! I could even see myself wearing this for a friends get together, or for Christmas eve!

3. Anna Kay Cope wrote:

Such a cute twist on the holiday party outfit! And I am DYING over those earrings!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

This outfit is super cute! I love the velvet pants with the plaid!

5. Cathy wrote:

This outfit is so cute! It can easily go from day into evening, love that!

XOXO
    Cathy

6. Kim wrote:

These velvet pants are so fun! I love this look on you Emily! I have those shoes in turquoise and they are the best!

xoxo,
    Kim

7. Mollie wrote:

DYING over those pants and shoes!! This is such a chic and classic holiday look. I need to recreate this ASAP!

xx Mollie

8. Leah wrote:

I am living for this velvet and plaid combo!

xx Leah

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

Alright, it’s official: I need those velvet pants in my life. They’d be perfect for dressing up and down for the holiday season! I love how you styled them with the plaid button-up top. So cute!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  10. So chic! Those pants are so fun and I love how they can be dressed up or down.

xx Chelsea

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  11. You look gorgeous!!! Love these pants!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  12. Love the casual chic look. You look great!

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  13. Such a cute look Emily! I am loving the flannel shirt all dress up.

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 12.15.18 Reply
  14. Annie wrote:

This is such a cute, casual look! Where did you find your dainty monogram necklace?

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thanks so much, Annie! The necklace is from Baublebar, but unfortunately they don’t make this style anymore 🙁 Here is a similar one: http://bit.ly/2Cl7B6M

Posted 12.18.18 Reply

• We’re having a BOY!!!!!!!💙👶🏻🤰🏼we are so excited to be adding a baby boy to our family this July! 🥰 Our sweet little one is already so loved & we can’t wait for all the memories to come with our baby boy! Couldn’t be more thrilled to be a #boymom & be the 👸🏼 in a house full of boys! 🤵🏻👶🏻🐶🐱 #genderreveal #babyboy #itsaboy #werehavingaboy #pregnant #genderrevealparty #boydad #parentstobe #boyparents #stylethebump #bumpfriendly #expectingparents #pregnancyannouncement #pregnantblogger
  • It’s GENDER REVEAL day!💙👶🏻💕We’re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! I’m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think we’re having a BOY or GIRL?! 👶🏻
....
1. No morning sickness 💙
2. Chinese calendar says girl 💕
3. The ring test says boy 💙
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl 💕
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry💙
6. Pregnancy acne means girl💕
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately💙
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones💙
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so 💕or💙
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 💙
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says I’ve been a bit moody 🤣💕
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? 🧰
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) 🙌🏻
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & it’s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • It’s another rainy day here (we’re on day 7163 I’m pretty sure!) 💦 I’m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! 🌴 my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! 🌊 #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentine’s Day 💙 We’re celebrating our 10th Valentine’s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏻We’re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together🍴I love the life we have built together & can’t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad 🥰 p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! 😂 #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! 📖🕵🏼‍♀️This book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! 📚 Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder