A Chic Holiday Outfit

Can y’all believe that Christmas is in less than two weeks?! I still have quite a bit of holiday shopping (and wrapping!) left to do, so I should probably get going on that! One thing I am prepared for? Holiday parties and events! We have a few holiday events and I already have outfits planned for them! If you’re in need of an outfit for the holidays, be sure to check out the details below.

I know a lot of people struggle with what to wear to holiday parties and events each season, including me! It’s typically too cold for dresses, but I also don’t want to wear jeans. So when I found these velvet wide leg pants, I knew they were the perfect alternative, plus they would be warmer than wearing a dress. They can easily be dressed up or worn more casually with a button down top, like I did! I plan on wearing these pants to our Christmas Candlelight service this coming weekend. I think these velvet pants would also look cute with a sequin top for NYE!

PLAID TOP | VELVET WIDE LEG PANTS | BLACK BLOCK HEELS | GIGI NY BAG | EARRINGS

photos by Julie Livingston Photography

1. minau wrote:

Great look! So chic!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  2. Oh this look likes a great outfit! I could even see myself wearing this for a friends get together, or for Christmas eve!

3. Anna Kay Cope wrote:

Such a cute twist on the holiday party outfit! And I am DYING over those earrings!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

This outfit is super cute! I love the velvet pants with the plaid!

5. Cathy wrote:

This outfit is so cute! It can easily go from day into evening, love that!

XOXO
    Cathy

6. Kim wrote:

These velvet pants are so fun! I love this look on you Emily! I have those shoes in turquoise and they are the best!

xoxo,
    Kim

7. Mollie wrote:

DYING over those pants and shoes!! This is such a chic and classic holiday look. I need to recreate this ASAP!

xx Mollie

8. Leah wrote:

I am living for this velvet and plaid combo!

xx Leah

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

Alright, it’s official: I need those velvet pants in my life. They’d be perfect for dressing up and down for the holiday season! I love how you styled them with the plaid button-up top. So cute!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  10. So chic! Those pants are so fun and I love how they can be dressed up or down.

xx Chelsea

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  11. You look gorgeous!!! Love these pants!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  12. Love the casual chic look. You look great!

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  13. Such a cute look Emily! I am loving the flannel shirt all dress up.

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 12.15.18 Reply
  14. Annie wrote:

This is such a cute, casual look! Where did you find your dainty monogram necklace?

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thanks so much, Annie! The necklace is from Baublebar, but unfortunately they don’t make this style anymore 🙁 Here is a similar one: http://bit.ly/2Cl7B6M

Posted 12.18.18 Reply

• Happy Friday, y'all! We are getting a peek of fall here (before it goes back to high 80s...ugh!) and I'm taking full advantage by pulling out some of my pre-fall items, like these @sofftshoes booties from @zappos, this cozy thermal & my new fall bag! 🙌🏻 These Tilton booties are the perfect taupe color & are extremely comfortable, making them perfect for long-day wear. Hope you have a great weekend! 💙 I'm off to enjoy this weather while it lasts! Outfit details at the link in bio [ad] #gotitonzappos #perfectlysofft #falloutfits #falloutfit
  • Chatting all about my favorite places to order personalized items, whether it’s a gift for you, a bridal party or for the holidays! 💙 I recently discovered @stoneyclover & it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with all the fun pouches & personalized patches! These would be fun bridal or bachelorette gifts! 🙌🏻 Shop my favorites here: http://liketk.it/2F0ar @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKitbag #stoneycloverlane #stoneyclover #madewell
  • Back in business 🙌🏻 I *finally* feel like a human again after getting my computer back from Apple after a week away! 💻 You never realize just how much you rely on your computer until you are without it! I spent the week going totally stir crazy - but I DID get quite a bit of reading in 😂 now it’s time to play catch up! 👩🏼‍💻 hope y’all are having a great week! 💙http://liketk.it/2EQYT #riflepaperco #airpods
  • It's a rainy day here, so it’s a good day to curl up with a good book! 💙📚If you're looking for a book to add to your list, make it #AmericanRoyals that's out *now* 🙌🏻 If you're a fan of anything royal-related, you're sure to love it! 👸🏻It's an unputdownable books that's the perfect mix of gossip girl meets royalty - including scandals and family drama all wrapped into one book! Link in my IG stories to order! @getunderlined @katharinemcgee #enwreads #bookreview #getunderlined [ad]
  • It’s hard to believe it’s already September & summer is coming to an end 💙 I’m sharing my most-worn summer items on lifewithemilyblog.com, including all the pieces in the pic! Shop this look at the link in bio http://liketk.it/2EGou @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKitbag #carryyourday #everydaymadewell  #agolde
  • Cheers to a new (short) week! 🎉 Hope y’all had a great Labor Day weekend! 💙 We did lots of work around the house (thanks to the huge help of my dad!) & we got around to painting our front door today - see IG stories for the final result! 🚪🥰🏡 shop this look at the link in bio - http://liketk.it/2EDgL @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder50 #ltkunder100 #madewell #stevemadden #ltkshoecrush