A Chic Holiday Outfit

Can y’all believe that Christmas is in less than two weeks?! I still have quite a bit of holiday shopping (and wrapping!) left to do, so I should probably get going on that! One thing I am prepared for? Holiday parties and events! We have a few holiday events and I already have outfits planned for them! If you’re in need of an outfit for the holidays, be sure to check out the details below.

I know a lot of people struggle with what to wear to holiday parties and events each season, including me! It’s typically too cold for dresses, but I also don’t want to wear jeans. So when I found these velvet wide leg pants, I knew they were the perfect alternative, plus they would be warmer than wearing a dress. They can easily be dressed up or worn more casually with a button down top, like I did! I plan on wearing these pants to our Christmas Candlelight service this coming weekend. I think these velvet pants would also look cute with a sequin top for NYE!

PLAID TOP | VELVET WIDE LEG PANTS | BLACK BLOCK HEELS | GIGI NY BAG | EARRINGS

photos by Julie Livingston Photography

1. minau wrote:

Great look! So chic!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  2. Oh this look likes a great outfit! I could even see myself wearing this for a friends get together, or for Christmas eve!

3. Anna Kay Cope wrote:

Such a cute twist on the holiday party outfit! And I am DYING over those earrings!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

This outfit is super cute! I love the velvet pants with the plaid!

5. Cathy wrote:

This outfit is so cute! It can easily go from day into evening, love that!

XOXO
    Cathy

6. Kim wrote:

These velvet pants are so fun! I love this look on you Emily! I have those shoes in turquoise and they are the best!

xoxo,
    Kim

7. Mollie wrote:

DYING over those pants and shoes!! This is such a chic and classic holiday look. I need to recreate this ASAP!

xx Mollie

8. Leah wrote:

I am living for this velvet and plaid combo!

xx Leah

Posted 12.13.18 Reply

Alright, it’s official: I need those velvet pants in my life. They’d be perfect for dressing up and down for the holiday season! I love how you styled them with the plaid button-up top. So cute!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  10. So chic! Those pants are so fun and I love how they can be dressed up or down.

xx Chelsea

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  11. You look gorgeous!!! Love these pants!!

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  12. Love the casual chic look. You look great!

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 12.13.18 Reply
  13. Such a cute look Emily! I am loving the flannel shirt all dress up.

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 12.15.18 Reply
  14. Annie wrote:

This is such a cute, casual look! Where did you find your dainty monogram necklace?

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thanks so much, Annie! The necklace is from Baublebar, but unfortunately they don’t make this style anymore 🙁 Here is a similar one: http://bit.ly/2Cl7B6M

Posted 12.18.18 Reply

• Happy Saturday, y’all! 💙 The sun is shining & I couldn’t be happier about that ☀️🙌🏻 this bag is a new favorite - I can’t wait until the weather warms up so I can carry it more often! Details here: http://liketk.it/2AFe9 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKitbag
  • I have this thing for shoes...💙 rounding up 26 shoes that are perfect for spring (and for every budget!) 😍🙌🏻🥿👡click the link in my bio for the post & to shop these shoes! http://liketk.it/2ABFs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKshoecrush #samedelman #shoesoftheday #shoeobsessed
  • Charleston was showing off while we were there a few weeks ago!🌸 Everything was starting to bloom & the weather was perfect! I took it as an opportunity to break out a few spring finds — this look is on lifewithemilyblog.com today (link in bio to shop) http://liketk.it/2AzLP #LTKshoecrush #LTKitbag #LTKunder100 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #enwexplores
  • A Sunday well spent brings a week of content, right @nick_wilkinson1?! 💙 here’s to hoping this coming week isn’t a stressful or chaotic as last week 😩🙈 hope y’all had a great weekend! We had a relaxing, yet productive weekend - which is always good! Looking forward to starting off the week great! Outfit details: http://liketk.it/2AxS6 #liketkit #enwexplores #explorecharleston #charlestonsc #toyotatraveleatrepeat #chswff
  • Kicking my feet up... it’s the weekend! Woohoo! 🙌🏻Wishing we were back in Charleston but happy for a slow, relaxing weekend! http://liketk.it/2Aw6I #liketkit #toyotatraveleatrepeat #enwexplores #chswff #rav4
  • Afternoon coffee break, anyone?! ☕️ I swear, this whole lose-an-hour-of-sleep thing is really kickin’ my butt! 😴 Anyway, one of my favorite things to do when traveling is to visit local coffee shops! I headed to The Rise this past weekend while in Charleston for an afternoon pick me up and let me tell y’all, the coffee was great & it’s V insta worthy in there 😂 shop this outfit at the link in my bio or w/ @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Asz4 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #toyotatraveleatrepeat