Gifts for the Travel Lover

We all know someone who is constantly jetting off to one place or another. The person who is always sharing #instaworthy pics from gorgeous locations. The person who has their packing and travel down to a science. I can think of a few of those people in my life! If you know someone who travels a lot – whether it’s for work or leisure – then today’s gift guide is for you! I’m sharing a roundup of all the best travel gifts! A lot of items on this list I own and use anytime I travel, so I can promise they are good! A few items I highly recommend are these packing cubes, the compression bags, and the 2-in-1 travel pillow! You can’t go wrong giving those gifts to a travel lover!

ONE | If I’m on a connecting flight or an international flight I like to bring a carry-on suitcase that has a few “must have” items in case my bag doesn’t make it right away. This carry-on suitcase is affordable and durable.

TWO | Luggage tags are such a functional gift, especially if they’re printed or personalized because it helps differentiate your bag from others! I always make sure I have one on my bags that I can easily identify.

THREE | I have had my Apple Watch for a few years and use it often, but especially when traveling! It’s a great way to stay “in the know” without having my phone out 24/7! I also love tracking my steps with it.

FOUR | I have heard that Allbird sneakers are great for traveling because they’re so lightweight and comfortable. I think they may go on my Christmas list!

FIVE | Packing cubes are something I didn’t know I needed and now I can’t imagine packing without them! They make my suitcase so much more organized and easier to access everything!

SIX | This jewelry case helps keep all of your jewels organized and neat. It’s small enough to fit in your carry on or purse!

SEVEN | Know someone who is traveling internationally soon? Give them a cute passport cover! I like having one because I can easily find a bright colored case in my bag! Plus it helps me keep things organized.

EIGHT | I like my sleep, so I always travel with a Slip eye mask just in case! I hate the lights on planes or the random things that light up hotel rooms. I like complete darkness ha! This Slip eye mask is so gentle on my face, too.

NINE | This makeup remover set is great when traveling! I always hate staining hotel wash cloths, so I like bringing these with me for makeup removal!

TEN | I really have become a fan of card cases in the last few years. They’re so easy to travel with – they can fit in any bag or jacket pocket!

ELEVEN | I never travel anywhere without my portable charger! I don’t even like thinking about a device dying, so I always keep it charged up and in my bag.

TWELVE | I can promise you that these noise cancelling headphones are worth it… especially when you’re sitting near a chatty-cathy or a crying baby!

THIRTEEN | The Kindle Paperwhite is great for the person on the go who wants to be able to read without bringing numerous physical books with them!

FOURTEEN | I recently got these slip-on sneakers and y’all they are amazing! They took almost no time to break-in. I wore them when I walked 5.5 miles in Charleston and they were great!

FIFTEEN | These compression packing bags are a 100% game changer! I have a tendency to over pack and these bags help keeping everything compact and help create space in my suitcase. I use the smallest for underwear/swimsuits, the medium for tops/shorts/skirts, and the larger one for any bulky items. During my recent trip to Baltimore I even packed my big puffy coat in it!

SIXTEEN | Whenever traveling I like having numerous organizational bags to keep my items organized. I typically keep face wipes, tissues, chapstick, hand sanitizer, and a few other essentials in there! I have been loving the bags from LeSportSac lately!

SEVENTEEN | I swear by S’well bottles and I love their newest water bottle, too! It is a bit smaller, so it’s great for traveling.

EIGHTEEN | This bag has quickly become my favorite bag to travel with, no matter where I’m heading! It is so lightweight and is basically a Mary Poppins bag haha! It can hold SO much (I’m always amazed at how much it can hold!) and it’s fully packable. It can easily be folded and stored in the bag it comes in for traveling. I have the medium metro tote and it can hold my laptop, DSLR camera, all of my organizational bags, my small Sony camera & more.

NINETEEN | Anyone else ever get cold when flying?! This blanket is compact for when you don’t need it, but will keep you warm when you do need it.

TWENTY | This 2-in-1 travel pillow is a total game changer! It can be a neck pillow or a regular pillow. I bought this for my Europe trip last summer and it was great on the plane (since it was a 9 hour flight!)

TWENTY-ONE | These New York Times 36 Hour books make great gifts! They give advice for the area along with places that are worth going to, especially if you’re limited on time at a certain place.

TWENTY-TWO | This is a great gift for someone who travels internationally a lot! A coin case comes in handy when dealing with euros and other coins.

TWENTY-THREE | This 5-in-1 adapter fits outlets for over 150 countries.

TWENTY-FOUR | If you need a backpack for traveling, I highly recommend this lightweight backpack. It can hold a LOT, but it’s really lightweight so it doesn’t get weighed down easily. it’s also fully packable, so you can easily fold into your luggage if you no longer need it!

TWENTY-FIVE | I bought this travel wallet a few years ago and I have absolutely loved traveling with it. It’s lightweight, has a spot for my passport, my cards, my plane tickets, etc!

Shop Gifts for the Traveler

1. Cathy wrote:

These are great gifts for a traveler! Number 20 is number 1 on my list for Santa!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 12.17.18 Reply

Oooo I would love to get any of these gifts! So many amazing choices!

Posted 12.17.18 Reply

This gift guide makes me wish I traveled more! I love these fun pieces and they’re all such great gift ideas!

Posted 12.17.18 Reply
  4. So many great ideas. I want it all for myself 😀

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 12.17.18 Reply
  5. Packing cubes have seriously saved my life! I love that travel blanket idea 🙂

-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 12.17.18 Reply
  6. Mollie wrote:

These are such great gift ideas! I don’t know how I packed before my packing cubes – they’re such a game changer!

xx Mollie

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
  7. Caitlin Houston wrote:

I really want those packing cubes! I hate a messy suitcase.

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
  8. These are great ideas for gifts for the traveler!! I love the idea of packing cubes – who would have thunk!! I will need to try those make up removers myself what a cute idea!!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
  9. Kim wrote:

These are all great gifts for the girl on the go! I have a similar neck pillow like #20 and I love it because it’s also great to rest my kindle on while reading!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
  10. steph wrote:

I am someone who is in love with traveling and each of these are absolutely perfect options!

Cheers,
    Steph
    @trendyinindy|trendyinindy@gmail.com

Posted 12.18.18 Reply
  11. GH wrote:

Ohhhh such a good gift round up. I want one of everything!

Posted 12.21.18 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly