My “Elevated Casual” Outfit

It’s no secret around here that I love a good, casual outfit! When I was in Charleston a few weeks ago I made sure to pack a mix of casual and more dressy outfits for everything we had planned! One day turned out to be WAY nicer and warmer than anticipated, so I threw these pieces on together and loved how the outfit turned out! It was a perfect mix of casual, comfortable pieces but dressed up a bit!

I can’t get enough of these Spanx faux leather leggings – they are so comfortable and make any outfit look put together! And if you’re looking for a pair of comfy shoes that you can walk all day in while still looking stylish, look no further than these slip-on sneakers! They required almost no breaking in! This is the last outfit post of 2018… I can’t believe this year is coming to a close! I have a few more posts coming up this week & next before I’m taking a little break before 2019!

GREY TOP | BLAZER | FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS | SNEAKERS | BAG | SUNGLASSES | EARRINGS

photos by Julie Livingston Photography

SHOP MORE BLAZERS BELOW

Shop my casual look

1. Mei wrote:

Such a cute look! You rock the casual OOTDs 🙂

Posted 12.20.18 Reply
  2. Rach wrote:

I added the Spanx leggings to my Christmas wishlist. And I love how you styled it with a blazer! So chic!

Posted 12.20.18 Reply
  3. lyddiegal wrote:

I love this look! the blazer takes an easy casual look to polished perfection.
    Chic on the Cheap

Posted 12.20.18 Reply
  4. Thea wrote:

What a great outfit! So easy yet so chic. I’m so with you on the Spanx Faux Leather Leggings — they are my go-to pair of pants. How did we live before them lol?

Posted 12.20.18 Reply
  5. Cathy wrote:

What a cute outfit! I love how you paired a blazer with leggings, so chic and comfy!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 12.20.18 Reply

That blazer is just amazing! I love how you styled it with the leggings – so cute!

Posted 12.20.18 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

Such a cute outfit love! I am loving these faux leather leggings!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 12.20.18 Reply
  8. Sarah wrote:

These are my favorite leggings!!! Love how you added a blazer with slip on sneakers!! The perfect casual outfit!!

Posted 12.21.18 Reply
  9. Laura wrote:

I love this look! It’s such a perfect casual outfit, I love how you dressed it up a little bit!

Posted 12.21.18 Reply
  10. adriana wrote:

This is SO cute! Every piece is so versatile. Love it!

Posted 12.22.18 Reply
  11. I am in love with this entire look! That blazer is so chic!

Posted 12.23.18 Reply

• It’s GENDER REVEAL day!💙👶🏻💕We’re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! I’m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think we’re having a BOY or GIRL?! 👶🏻
....
1. No morning sickness 💙
2. Chinese calendar says girl 💕
3. The ring test says boy 💙
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl 💕
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry💙
6. Pregnancy acne means girl💕
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately💙
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones💙
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so 💕or💙
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 💙
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says I’ve been a bit moody 🤣💕
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? 🧰
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) 🙌🏻
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & it’s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • It’s another rainy day here (we’re on day 7163 I’m pretty sure!) 💦 I’m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! 🌴 my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! 🌊 #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentine’s Day 💙 We’re celebrating our 10th Valentine’s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏻We’re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together🍴I love the life we have built together & can’t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad 🥰 p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! 😂 #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! 📖🕵🏼‍♀️This book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! 📚 Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder
  • 16 weeks with this sweet baby 💙💕 I’m sharing my first trimester recap and a Q&A (answering all your questions from stories!) on lifewithemilyblog.com. Dress linked here: http://liketk.it/2JVy1 #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder50 #16weeks #pregnant #werehavingababy #stylethebump #bumpstyle