Another month has come & gone, so today I’m sharing my November monthly recap with you! You can view all of my monthly recaps here!
November was a total whirlwind! Between an endless to-do list, traveling & Thanksgiving, this month flew by! At the beginning of November we did a photo session with a local photographer, Shana Leigh Photography, for some fall photos. We took the photos on a farm where llamas lived, so naturally we had to play with them during our shoot haha! Like, how many times do you get to be SO close to llamas?! I’m excited to frame a few of these in our home. In mid-November we headed on a fun trip with Royal Caribbean to cruise on their newest ship, Symphony of the Seas! I have been cruising on Royal Caribbean’s ships for years, so I always love when I get the opportunity to work with brands that I am loyal to! I’ll be doing a fun recap post (and video!) next week, so stay tuned for that! From Miami we headed to Baltimore to get together with some of our couple friends! We spent a few days in Baltimore and then headed to the Ohio State v. Maryland game with everyone! It was such a fun time with friends and luckily Ohio State pulled out a win in overtime!On our way home from Baltimore we made a pit-stop in DC to grab brunch with one of my best friends, Jenn! We talk every single day, but there’s nothing better than being together in person! We had a delicious brunch at The Smith and I didn’t want our time together to end! A few days after we arrived back home it was time to prep for Thanksgiving. We did a late Thanksgiving lunch with my parents and family on Thursday and did round two with Nick’s family on Friday. Thanksgiving is one of our favorite holidays and we had a great time with friends and family.I ended the month with a girls trip to Charleston! We had a great time catching up, exploring the city & going to places that we had never been to! I’ll be sharing a recap of that post in the next few weeks, too!Whew! Just typing all that out makes me tired haha but it was such a great, busy month! I’m happy to have a bit of down time in December with a lot of fun things in the mix too.
BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH
This month was so busy that I didn’t get to read as much as I would have liked. I ended up reading four physical books, one e-book, and listening to an audiobook. You can see which books I read in my November Reading List. I only have nine more books to read to meet my reading goal for the year, so I’m hoping to get in a lot of reading in December!
WHAT I PURCHASED
-I got this bag while in Charleston and I am obsessed with it! They’re one of a kind, so each bag is a little unique!
-I ordered this swimsuit for our cruise. The pattern is so gorgeous!
-I picked up these black OTK boots during the Shopbop sale. I have been wanting a heeled pair and couldn’t resist these.
–These slippers and they are so warm and cozy!
-I got these slip-on sneakers and they have really “upped” my casual game haha! They’re so comfortable!
FAVORITE BLOG POSTS ON LIFE WITH EMILY
–Gifts for Her Under $50 | perfect for any girl in your life!
–My Custom Anniversary Band + Gift Ideas for Loved Ones | such a special piece that we made!
FAVORITE POSTS I READ THIS MONTH
–What is Clean Beauty & Why I’m Swapping Out Toxic Beauty Products | such an informative read by Jess!
–We Bought a House…Blind! | loved watching my friend Cathy on Bravo’s new show, Buying It Blind! We got to watch the premiere with her – so fun!
–Ads vs. Organic Content | Dana did such a great job with this post – definitely give it a read whether you’re a blogger or blog reader!
–29 Life Lessons Learned | Laura gives some great advice in this post!
CURRENT FAVORITES ON REPEAT
- BEAUTY: I have been loving this self tanner. I get SO pale in the winter and this is my favorite self tanner to use. It doesn’t end up streaky, it doesn’t smell or transfer and it doesn’t have an orange tone either. It’s similar to St. Tropez, but half the cost!
- CLOTHING: These slip on sneakers! I wore them all over Charleston! Also loving my long puffy jacket since it’s been very cold lately. It’s currently on sale for $80!
- TV SHOWS: We started A Million Little Things and I adore that show! Is anyone else watching it? Top Chef also came back on last night and we always love watching it each season.
- PODCAST: I’m a big fan of Wrongful Conviction – I always find the stories so interesting. I’ve also been listening to Dr. Death.
- CURRENTLY READING: I’m reading Matchmaking for Beginners and it’s such a cute read! I’m reading The Girl They Left Behind on my kindle and it’s a really great book.
- AUDIOBOOK: I just started listening to Our Little Lies on Audible earlier this week. The narrator is great and so far I’m liking it!