The last month of the year has come & gone, so I’m sharing my last monthly recap of 2018 today!
Can you believe it’s already 2019?! My December monthly recap is a week later than it normally is, but I was on vacation with my family and it was so nice to unplug a bit and actually relax after a busy December! Does anyone else feel like December goes by with the blink of an eye? Between celebrating the holidays with our families and other events, it seemed like December lasted .2 seconds ha! I started off December in Charleston with a group of girlfriends! We always have the best time together and it was a great trip to kick off the month!The week after I got home we were hit with a MAJOR snow storm! Here in North Carolina, we don’t typically get a lot of snow so when we woke up in a winter wonderland with 14 inches of snow, we couldn’t believe it! It really put us in the Christmas spirit! We spent our snow days watching Christmas movies, trying new recipes & we even went sledding at the place where we grew up going as kids/teens!
Once the snow melted, we headed to visit my dad and family for the holidays! We had a blast spending time together and catching up. My nephew is a little over a year old, so it was fun to see the holidays through his eyes and all the excitement he had! Oh to be a kid again! 🙂I also chopped off my hair four inches right before Christmas! My hair was feeling dead and limp, so on a whim I chopped off a few inches and it feels SO much healthier! I’m still figuring out the best ways to style it, but I’ll get there eventually ha! Overall though I’ve been loving it so far!
We then had allll the holiday things from B4D with my grandparents, dinners with siblings & finally spending Christmas with both sides of our family! To say the last two weeks of December were a whirlwind was an understatement ha! The holidays are always so fun, but hectic! Luckily, we packed up and headed on a cruise for the last part of 2018! We had the best time and it was so relaxing.
BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH
December was jam packed with reading as I was trying to complete my reading challenge for 2018! My goal was 100 and I MADE IT (with a few hours to spare haha!) You can see everything I read in my December 2018 Reading List! I’ll be doing a roundup later this week with my favorite books from 2018.
WHAT I PURCHASED
I mostly shopped for others this month to find the perfect Christmas gifts! I really enjoy finding those *perfect* gifts for friends and family. I did grab a few things for our trip though!
–This cute floral romper.
–This pleated maxi dress.
–These wide leg casual pants.
-This bikini top & bottom set that is now my favorite.
FAVORITE BLOG POSTS ON LIFE WITH EMILY
CURRENT FAVORITES ON REPEAT
- BEAUTY: I recently started using the Summer Fridays jet lag mask & so far, so good!
- CLOTHING: This cardigan is one of the softest in my closet! I love wearing it when traveling.
- TV SHOWS: Top Chef is back and I’m SO excited! It’s one of my favorite shows and I always love seeing how the contestants fare. I’m undecided if I’m going to watch The Bachelor this season.
- CURRENTLY READING: I just finished reading All These Beautiful Strangers and I think I’m going to start No Exit!
- AUDIOBOOK: I’m listening to Where the Crawdads Sing and it’s an incredible book. In fact, I will likely buy the book to have on my bookshelf, it’s that good! I LOVE the narration for the book – it really portrays the accents of each character well.