My Casual Travel Outfit

When it comes to traveling I choose to be comfortable and functional over everything! Let’s face it, no one wants to be in an uncomfortable outfit when traveling, right?! When I choose an outfit for traveling, whether I’m getting on a plane or stuck in a car for a few hours, there’s a few things I like to consider. Today I’m excited to partner with Kizik to share my go-to travel style and travel outfit tips!

cute travel outfit idea
white top | leggings | sneakers | sunglasses | bag

First, I like to make sure I can wear the items again on my trip! This helps me plan ahead when packing and make the most of the items in my suitcase. As it is, I’m a self-proclaimed overpacker so I’ll do anything to keep my suitcase under 50 lbs haha! On my most recent trip I wore this exact look to travel in. I ended up wearing it again when we went out for breakfast one morning and to explore the city.mz wallace medium metro toteSecond, I like to make sure that the outfit is comfortable and functional – not only for traveling but for the trip too! I tend to like traveling in athletic clothes because they’re so much more comfortable than jeans, plus they don’t wrinkle! So, let’s chat about this outfit… I love these leggings by Onzie. They’re high-waisted with great compression and the mesh inserts add a fun touch!

This white ruched top is such a unique piece and I love that it can be worn longer or shorter, depending on how tight you tie it! And lastly, these shoes by Kizik are a game changer when it comes to traveling! This is a new-to-me brand, but after traveling in these last month, I just had to share! These shoes are considered “pop-on” shoes because they’re so easy to slip in and out of – which is especially great when traveling in the airport! They’re so comfortable and on-trend. They would look equally as cute with jeans and a sweater, too!

cute athletic workout top
kizik workout outfit
kizik slip on sneakers review

Third, I make sure I have a bag that can fit #allthethings! This tote is my go-to when it comes to traveling anywhere because it’s 100% packable and can hold SO much. You may remember it from this post all about my carry-on. This tote is great for everyday use (like grabbing groceries, going to the gym, etc.) but I always get the most use out of it when traveling. I also have the matching backpack, which comes in handy when I need to bring my laptop, cameras, etc.

mz Wallace medium metro tote

This post is sponsored by Kizik. All thoughts, styling & writing are my own.

1. awayfromtheblue wrote:

Such a comfy casual outfit, great for a lot of travel! I really like the big tote bag too, I think a bag like that is definitely a travel essential 🙂

Hope that your week is going well 🙂

Posted 1.30.19 Reply
  2. The perfect travel look! And that bag looks awesome! I need one!

3. Laura wrote:

This outfit is super cute! I love the top, it’s so great and it looks so comfortable! I’m really loving that tote too, it’s huge and perfect for long flights.

Posted 1.30.19 Reply

The perfect travel outfit! I’ll be leaving on a trip next week and had no ida what to wear on the flight!

5. Cathy wrote:

Love this chic athleisure travel look! Those shoes are really cool, and they look comfy too. Love!

XOXO
    Cathy

6. Iesha Vincent wrote:

That bag is super cute and your travel look seems super comfortable which is a must for traveling.

oxo,

7. Rach wrote:

This is a cute travel outfit! I love that ruched top. It looks comfortable and its chic!

8. Kelsey wrote:

The perfect travel shoes!! Love them!

Posted 1.30.19 Reply
  9. This looks like such a comfortable travel outfit. These shoes look like heaven to me after being in my heels all day!

Posted 1.30.19 Reply

Those sneakers are so unique – I love them! Now you’re making me itch for a new pair of active shoes. These are so fashionable.

11. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Such a cute comfy outfit – love those shoes!!

Posted 1.30.19 Reply
  12. I need this entire outfit, especially those kicks!! They look so chic and super comfortable too!

Posted 1.30.19 Reply

• Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety
  • Cheers to 29 & the last year of my 20s! 🎉🥳🎈Looking forward to another year of fun, traveling & making a lot of memories! Chatting about my honest thoughts on getting older and sharing the things I want to do in my last year of my 20s today on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 feeling thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends & family! #cheersto29 #happybirthday
  • Last night of bein’ 28! 🥳Off to dinner @1618seafoodgrille with my fam before I turn 29!
My top, sunglasses, earrings, bag & shoes are 20-25% off! Shop everything here http://liketk.it/2B2Ma @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkunder100