My Recent Favorite Accessories

Like clockwork, every year around this time I get bored with the items in my closet. Although winter has barely started, I feel like I have worn through all of my favorite sweaters, scarves, and boots. Instead of spending more money on items, I turn to accessories to reignite my “joy” for the items in my closet!

sweater | denim | flats | faux fur scarf | bag | sunglasses | heart necklace

Since I tend to purchase more classics items for my wardrobe, I look to fun accessories to transform my outfits! It’s always amazing the way accessories can make an outfit so much more versatile! For instance, I bought this faux fur scarf over the holiday season for a few events I had. I loved the look of it and knew it would elevate any outfit. I have worn it countless times since. The deep emerald green really pops against everything from a LBD to a sweater and adds a fun, warm element to my outfit.

Another favorite accessory lately has been this chic bag by new-to-me brand, Kooreloo. I first discovered the brand last month while in Charleston for a girls trip and I instantly fell in love with the brand for their aesthetic and one of a kind pieces. I have been so impressed by the quality of the bag and how often I’ve reached for it in the weeks since I have had it! Because of all the colors, it goes with EVERYTHING! Needless to say, this definitely won’t be the last time you see this on Life with Emily.

shop more bags by kooreloo

shop the post

1. Olga wrote:

Your necklace is so cute! And I love the faux fur scarf. That color is gorgeous!

Olga

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

Accessories can always change up an outfit and make it feel new again:-) Love that scarf!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  3. Anabelle wrote:

That scarf is so cute – I love it!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  4. Tuyet wrote:

I recently watched the Marie Kondo show and now I want to get rid of everything and only keep the pieces I love!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  5. That handbag could not be any more fun! I absolutely love it and how you have styled it here.

xo Laura Leigh
    LOUELLA REESE

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

I’m the same as you – getting to the middle of winter, I tend to be bored with my closet. Accessory updates is the way to go!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

The accessories and details are on point girl!! I am loving this fun bag and this vest!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  8. Preach – I am always bored with my closet this time of year!! Love this bag!!!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  9. SUCH a fun look! I love all of the different textures, and that vest is incredible!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  10. Caitlin Houston wrote:

The fur scarf is amazing! I thought it was a vest first glance because of how long it lays. Looks so cozy!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  11. Morgan wrote:

I have lots of basics in my closet and need to incorporate more fun accessories like your scarf into my closet!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.22.19 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

That scarf is gorgeous! I love the deep emerald color

Posted 1.23.19 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50