My Recent Favorite Accessories

Like clockwork, every year around this time I get bored with the items in my closet. Although winter has barely started, I feel like I have worn through all of my favorite sweaters, scarves, and boots. Instead of spending more money on items, I turn to accessories to reignite my “joy” for the items in my closet!

sweater | denim | flats | faux fur scarf | bag | sunglasses | heart necklace

Since I tend to purchase more classics items for my wardrobe, I look to fun accessories to transform my outfits! It’s always amazing the way accessories can make an outfit so much more versatile! For instance, I bought this faux fur scarf over the holiday season for a few events I had. I loved the look of it and knew it would elevate any outfit. I have worn it countless times since. The deep emerald green really pops against everything from a LBD to a sweater and adds a fun, warm element to my outfit.

Another favorite accessory lately has been this chic bag by new-to-me brand, Kooreloo. I first discovered the brand last month while in Charleston for a girls trip and I instantly fell in love with the brand for their aesthetic and one of a kind pieces. I have been so impressed by the quality of the bag and how often I’ve reached for it in the weeks since I have had it! Because of all the colors, it goes with EVERYTHING! Needless to say, this definitely won’t be the last time you see this on Life with Emily.

shop more bags by kooreloo

shop the post

1. Olga wrote:

Your necklace is so cute! And I love the faux fur scarf. That color is gorgeous!

Olga

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

Accessories can always change up an outfit and make it feel new again:-) Love that scarf!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  3. Anabelle wrote:

That scarf is so cute – I love it!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  4. Tuyet wrote:

I recently watched the Marie Kondo show and now I want to get rid of everything and only keep the pieces I love!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  5. That handbag could not be any more fun! I absolutely love it and how you have styled it here.

xo Laura Leigh
    LOUELLA REESE

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

I’m the same as you – getting to the middle of winter, I tend to be bored with my closet. Accessory updates is the way to go!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

The accessories and details are on point girl!! I am loving this fun bag and this vest!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  8. Preach – I am always bored with my closet this time of year!! Love this bag!!!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  9. SUCH a fun look! I love all of the different textures, and that vest is incredible!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  10. Caitlin Houston wrote:

The fur scarf is amazing! I thought it was a vest first glance because of how long it lays. Looks so cozy!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  11. Morgan wrote:

I have lots of basics in my closet and need to incorporate more fun accessories like your scarf into my closet!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.22.19 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

That scarf is gorgeous! I love the deep emerald color

Posted 1.23.19 Reply

• We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant