My Recent Favorite Accessories

Like clockwork, every year around this time I get bored with the items in my closet. Although winter has barely started, I feel like I have worn through all of my favorite sweaters, scarves, and boots. Instead of spending more money on items, I turn to accessories to reignite my “joy” for the items in my closet!

sweater | denim | flats | faux fur scarf | bag | sunglasses | heart necklace

Since I tend to purchase more classics items for my wardrobe, I look to fun accessories to transform my outfits! It’s always amazing the way accessories can make an outfit so much more versatile! For instance, I bought this faux fur scarf over the holiday season for a few events I had. I loved the look of it and knew it would elevate any outfit. I have worn it countless times since. The deep emerald green really pops against everything from a LBD to a sweater and adds a fun, warm element to my outfit.

Another favorite accessory lately has been this chic bag by new-to-me brand, Kooreloo. I first discovered the brand last month while in Charleston for a girls trip and I instantly fell in love with the brand for their aesthetic and one of a kind pieces. I have been so impressed by the quality of the bag and how often I’ve reached for it in the weeks since I have had it! Because of all the colors, it goes with EVERYTHING! Needless to say, this definitely won’t be the last time you see this on Life with Emily.

shop more bags by kooreloo

shop the post

1. Olga wrote:

Your necklace is so cute! And I love the faux fur scarf. That color is gorgeous!

Olga

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

Accessories can always change up an outfit and make it feel new again:-) Love that scarf!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  3. Anabelle wrote:

That scarf is so cute – I love it!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  4. Tuyet wrote:

I recently watched the Marie Kondo show and now I want to get rid of everything and only keep the pieces I love!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  5. That handbag could not be any more fun! I absolutely love it and how you have styled it here.

xo Laura Leigh
    LOUELLA REESE

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

I’m the same as you – getting to the middle of winter, I tend to be bored with my closet. Accessory updates is the way to go!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

The accessories and details are on point girl!! I am loving this fun bag and this vest!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  8. Preach – I am always bored with my closet this time of year!! Love this bag!!!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  9. SUCH a fun look! I love all of the different textures, and that vest is incredible!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  10. Caitlin Houston wrote:

The fur scarf is amazing! I thought it was a vest first glance because of how long it lays. Looks so cozy!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  11. Morgan wrote:

I have lots of basics in my closet and need to incorporate more fun accessories like your scarf into my closet!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.22.19 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

That scarf is gorgeous! I love the deep emerald color

Posted 1.23.19 Reply

• Happy Valentine’s Day, my love! I’ll take any excuse I can get to celebrate you & our love! Lucky to call you mine today and everyday 💙 I hope y’all have a great day celebrating those you love, no matter if it’s friends, family or your significant other! -
Photo: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Give me stripes & I’m happy 💙 I can’t even count the amount of striped tops I have in my closet... don’t judge 🙈 I obviously needed to add this utility top to the mix, right?! This one is on sale for $30 right now - shop everything at the link in bio (just click shop my IG!) or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2zUDN #liketkit
  • Muah! 💋💕Valentine’s day is just a few days away, what are your plans?! We typically keep it low-key for Valentine’s Day!
Today I’m sharing unique, inexpensive date night ideas plus a few gift ideas for the one you love with @babbleboxxofficial! I’m obsessed with these fun ❤️ sunglasses from @zennioptical, perfect for V-Day! Shop everything else here: http://liketk.it/2zRfU @liketoknow.it #liketkit #lovemyzennis #lovebabbleboxx #525america #valentinesday #vday #dgso
  • All plans are canceled until further notice! (📚💌!) I just got Two Can Keep a Secret in the mail & am so excited to read it (I read One of Us is Lying last year and loved it!) If you're looking for a good suspense book, this is it! @getunderlined #partner #ad p.s. I have a new blog post up on my site (link in bio) today - the 50 new releases I'm looking forward to reading in 2019! #enwreads
http://liketk.it/2zLU6 #liketkit
  • All smiles because it was 65° today & we grabbed dinner on the patio at one of our fav spots! 🙌🏻☀️I’m loving this spring-like weather!
This outfit is filled with closet basics & I’m not mad about it! Get all details at the link in my bio (just click->shop my instagram) or with @liketoknow.it app. *sizing: jacket runs big - size down, sneakers run big - size down 1/2 size!* http://liketk.it/2zJoW @liketoknow.it #liketkit #everydaymadewell #madewellnc
  • When it comes to traveling, whether by ✈️ or on a 🚙 trip, I prefer to be comfortable (while still looking a bit pulled together!)

today I’m sharing a recent travel outfit and chatting all about these comfortable, function pieces including these @wearkizik pop-on sneakers! 💙 head to the link in bio for the post and shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2zDCZ #liketkit @liketoknow.it #wearkizik #traveloutfit #ltkfit #ootd #athleisure #whatimwearing