My Recent Favorite Accessories

Like clockwork, every year around this time I get bored with the items in my closet. Although winter has barely started, I feel like I have worn through all of my favorite sweaters, scarves, and boots. Instead of spending more money on items, I turn to accessories to reignite my “joy” for the items in my closet!

sweater | denim | flats | faux fur scarf | bag | sunglasses | heart necklace

Since I tend to purchase more classics items for my wardrobe, I look to fun accessories to transform my outfits! It’s always amazing the way accessories can make an outfit so much more versatile! For instance, I bought this faux fur scarf over the holiday season for a few events I had. I loved the look of it and knew it would elevate any outfit. I have worn it countless times since. The deep emerald green really pops against everything from a LBD to a sweater and adds a fun, warm element to my outfit.

Another favorite accessory lately has been this chic bag by new-to-me brand, Kooreloo. I first discovered the brand last month while in Charleston for a girls trip and I instantly fell in love with the brand for their aesthetic and one of a kind pieces. I have been so impressed by the quality of the bag and how often I’ve reached for it in the weeks since I have had it! Because of all the colors, it goes with EVERYTHING! Needless to say, this definitely won’t be the last time you see this on Life with Emily.

shop more bags by kooreloo

shop the post

1. Olga wrote:

Your necklace is so cute! And I love the faux fur scarf. That color is gorgeous!

Olga

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

Accessories can always change up an outfit and make it feel new again:-) Love that scarf!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  3. Anabelle wrote:

That scarf is so cute – I love it!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  4. Tuyet wrote:

I recently watched the Marie Kondo show and now I want to get rid of everything and only keep the pieces I love!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  5. That handbag could not be any more fun! I absolutely love it and how you have styled it here.

xo Laura Leigh
    LOUELLA REESE

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

I’m the same as you – getting to the middle of winter, I tend to be bored with my closet. Accessory updates is the way to go!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

The accessories and details are on point girl!! I am loving this fun bag and this vest!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  8. Preach – I am always bored with my closet this time of year!! Love this bag!!!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  9. SUCH a fun look! I love all of the different textures, and that vest is incredible!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  10. Caitlin Houston wrote:

The fur scarf is amazing! I thought it was a vest first glance because of how long it lays. Looks so cozy!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  11. Morgan wrote:

I have lots of basics in my closet and need to incorporate more fun accessories like your scarf into my closet!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.22.19 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

That scarf is gorgeous! I love the deep emerald color

Posted 1.23.19 Reply

• Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there 💙 Feeling extra thankful that I have two father figures in my life who have filled my life with unconditional love, support & advice anytime I need it! I come from a divorced, blended family & I constantly count my blessings that all 4 of my parents get along so well! 🥰 I know these holidays can be hard for some, so just know that I’m sending hugs to all that are struggling today!💕 #happyfathersday photos: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Happy Saturday y’all 💙made it home from Connecticut, but still reminiscing on the fun summer kickoff event that was hosted by @sailtosable, @jackrogersusa , @palmbeachlately & @monogrammary! 🥂 It was filled with all the summer essentials: rosé 🍾, mini 🍔& 🌭, sparklers ✨& of course cute 👗just waiting to be taken on vacation! Had the BEST time catching up with blog friends & meeting some new faces, too! Definitely one of the best parts of blogging is the community & the friends I have made through it! 📸: @juliadags #enwexplores #setsailsummer #sailtosable
Shop our outfits with the #linkinbio OR with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CzKr #liketkit
  • Puttin’ a little pep in my step this summer in the cutest sneakers 💙 these classic white @keds “ace” sneakers from @zappos are a go-to for summer travel & a pair perfectly with white jeans for a casual look! #ad #kedsstyle #zapposstyle shop this look at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2Cv2l
  • Happy Saturday, y’all! 🌸Sharing a snap from last weekend when the weather was ☀️for a fun shoot with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace! This weekend is rainy & gloomy, so I’m inside cuddling with Mr. Charlie and doing a bit of reading! What are y’all up to? 💙
Just a heads up this dress runs TTS & goes up to size 3x 👏🏻shop it at the link in bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cplt #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100
  • Can you believe the official start of summer is exactly 2 weeks away?! 👙🌊🍹I’m sharing my summer bucket list today on the blog (link in bio!) shop this look with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cnhz #liketkit #enwexplores #amazonfashion #amazonfashionfinds #brixtonhat #jcrew
  • Half way through the week and I am counting down the days until I’m twirling into the weekend!🙌🏻💃🏼 this dress is vacay approved because it’s twirl worthy AND wrinkle proof (it would even be great for a wedding!) shop this dress at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2ClCH #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek