My Recent Favorite Accessories

Like clockwork, every year around this time I get bored with the items in my closet. Although winter has barely started, I feel like I have worn through all of my favorite sweaters, scarves, and boots. Instead of spending more money on items, I turn to accessories to reignite my “joy” for the items in my closet!

sweater | denim | flats | faux fur scarf | bag | sunglasses | heart necklace

Since I tend to purchase more classics items for my wardrobe, I look to fun accessories to transform my outfits! It’s always amazing the way accessories can make an outfit so much more versatile! For instance, I bought this faux fur scarf over the holiday season for a few events I had. I loved the look of it and knew it would elevate any outfit. I have worn it countless times since. The deep emerald green really pops against everything from a LBD to a sweater and adds a fun, warm element to my outfit.

Another favorite accessory lately has been this chic bag by new-to-me brand, Kooreloo. I first discovered the brand last month while in Charleston for a girls trip and I instantly fell in love with the brand for their aesthetic and one of a kind pieces. I have been so impressed by the quality of the bag and how often I’ve reached for it in the weeks since I have had it! Because of all the colors, it goes with EVERYTHING! Needless to say, this definitely won’t be the last time you see this on Life with Emily.

shop more bags by kooreloo

shop the post

1. Olga wrote:

Your necklace is so cute! And I love the faux fur scarf. That color is gorgeous!

Olga

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

Accessories can always change up an outfit and make it feel new again:-) Love that scarf!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  3. Anabelle wrote:

That scarf is so cute – I love it!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  4. Tuyet wrote:

I recently watched the Marie Kondo show and now I want to get rid of everything and only keep the pieces I love!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  5. That handbag could not be any more fun! I absolutely love it and how you have styled it here.

xo Laura Leigh
    LOUELLA REESE

Posted 1.17.19 Reply

I’m the same as you – getting to the middle of winter, I tend to be bored with my closet. Accessory updates is the way to go!

Posted 1.17.19 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

The accessories and details are on point girl!! I am loving this fun bag and this vest!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  8. Preach – I am always bored with my closet this time of year!! Love this bag!!!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 1.18.19 Reply
  9. SUCH a fun look! I love all of the different textures, and that vest is incredible!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  10. Caitlin Houston wrote:

The fur scarf is amazing! I thought it was a vest first glance because of how long it lays. Looks so cozy!

Posted 1.21.19 Reply
  11. Morgan wrote:

I have lots of basics in my closet and need to incorporate more fun accessories like your scarf into my closet!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.22.19 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

That scarf is gorgeous! I love the deep emerald color

Posted 1.23.19 Reply

• Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety
  • Cheers to 29 & the last year of my 20s! 🎉🥳🎈Looking forward to another year of fun, traveling & making a lot of memories! Chatting about my honest thoughts on getting older and sharing the things I want to do in my last year of my 20s today on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 feeling thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends & family! #cheersto29 #happybirthday
  • Last night of bein’ 28! 🥳Off to dinner @1618seafoodgrille with my fam before I turn 29!
My top, sunglasses, earrings, bag & shoes are 20-25% off! Shop everything here http://liketk.it/2B2Ma @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkunder100