50 new releases I’m looking forward to reading in 2019!

It’s no secret around here that I’m an avid reader. Last year I made reading a priority and read 100 books. This year I plan to keep up the momentum and read as much as I can! A lot of you expressed that you wanted to read this more, so in an effort to help you accomplish your goals I am rounding up some of the most anticipated books of 2019! Whether you’re looking for a fun, light read, a serious historical fiction book, or want to get lost in an anxiety-inducing thriller, there are PLENTY of books in this round up for you!  Happy reading!

The 50 Most Anticipated Books to Read in 2019

A new year is so exciting to me for many reasons, but one being all of the books that are released throughout the year! 2018 proved to be a really great year for books (read my post of the 30 best books I read in 2018) and it’s looking like 2019 might just top it! There are a lot of great debut authors in the mix as well as new releases from my favorite authors like Christina Lauren, Taylor Jenkins Reid, Elin Hilderbrand, and Lisa Gardner to name a few! It was nearly impossible to narrow the list down to 50 books, so rest assured there are many, many more releases that are sure to be hits. These are just the ones I am excited for and think are going to be really big hits among readers.

P.S. all of the publishing dates are subject to change, but these are the dates provided when I was writing this post! An * indicates the book is available in-stores and online now! All books are available for pre-order as a physical book or e-book. Happy reading! xx

women’s fiction/contemporary lit

THE DREAMERS by Karen Thompson Walker (January 15)*

99 PERCENT MINE by Sally Thorne (January 29)*

MORE THAN WORDS by Jill Santopolo (February 5)*

I OWE YOU ONE by Sophie Kinsella (February 5)*

THE GIRLS AT 17 SWANN STREET by Lara Zgheib (February 5)*

DAISY JONES & THE SIX by Taylor Jenkins Reid (March 5)

ME FOR YOU by Lolly Winston (March 12)

THE GIRL HE USED TO KNOW by Tracey Garvis Graves (April 2)

MEET CUTE by Helena Hunting (April 9)

THE BRIDE TEST by Helen Hoang (May 7)

THE SOUTHERN SIDE OF PARADISE by Kristy Woodson Harvey (May 7)

DRAWING HOME by Jamie Brenner (May 7)

THE UNHONEYMOONERS by Christina Lauren (May 14)

RED, WHITE & ROYAL BLUE by Casey McQuiston (May 14)

STAR-CROSSED by Minnie Darke (May 21)

THE FRIENDS WE KEEP by Jane Green (June 4)

SUMMER OF ’69 by Elin Hilderbrand (June 18)

MRS. EVERYTHING by Jennifer Weiner (June 25)

THINGS YOU SAVE IN A FIRE by Katherine Center (August 13)

FIVE FEET APART by Rachael Lippincott (November 20, 2018)
*a movie is coming out in March, so added it to this list since it’s gained popularity!*

historical fiction

THE LIGHT OVER LONDON by Julia Kelly (January 8)*

THE WAR TIME SISTERS by Lynda Cohen Loigman (January 22)*

THE LOST GIRLS OF PARIS by Pan Jenoff (January 29)*

THE AGE OF LIGHT by Whitney Scharer (February 5)*

THE HUNTRESS by Kate Quinn (February 26)

LOST ROSES by Martha Hall Kelly (April 9)

WHEN WE LEFT CUBA by Chanel Cleeton (April 9)

MISTRESS OF THE RITZ by Melanie Benjamin (May 21)

RESISTANCE WOMEN by Jennifer Chiaverini (May 28)

CITY OF GIRLS by Elizabeth Gilbert (June 4)

THE CHELSEA GIRLS by Fiona Davis (July 30)

suspense/thriller

TWO CAN KEEP A SECRET by Karen McManus (January 8)*

THE SUSPECT by Fiona Barton (January 22)*

THE NIGHT OLIVIA FELL by Christina McDonald (February 5)*

FORGET YOU KNOW ME by Jessica Strawser (February 5)*

THE WINTER SISTER by Megan Collins (February 5)*

NEVER TELL by Lisa Gardner (February 19)

BEFORE SHE KNEW HIM by Peter Swanson (March 5)

THE PERFECT GIRLFRIEND by Karen Hamilton (March 26)

MY LOVELY WIFE by Samantha Downing (March 26)

THE BETTER SISTER by Alafair Burke (April 16)

THE MOTHER-IN-LAW by Sally Hepworth (April 23)

THE INVITED by Jennifer McMahon (April 30)

THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU by Liv Constantine (May 7)

THE LAST HOUSE GUEST by Megan Miranda (June 18)

LOCK EVERY DOOR by Riley Sager (July 2)

non-fiction

CODE NAME: LISE by Larry Loftis (January 15)*

INHERITANCE: A MEMOIR OF GENEALOGY, PATERNITY & LOVE by Dani Shapiro (January 15)*

MAID: HARD WORK, LOW PAY & A MOTHER’S WILL TO SURVIVE by Stephanie Land (January 27)*

BROWN WHITE BLACK by Nishta J. Mehra (February 5)*

STAY SEXY & DON’T GET MURDERED: THE DEFINITIVE HOW-TO GUIDE by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark (May 28)

1. Kendal wrote:

I just bookmarked this post!! I’m trying to read more this year. I’m so excited for ‘Stay Sexy & Don’t Get Murdered’!!

Posted 2.6.19 Reply
  2. Jessica Camerata wrote:

You are a reading magician I don’t know how you do it! I wish I enjoyed it as much as you do!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 2.6.19 Reply

So many amazing books! I love Sophie Kinsella – I’ll have to check out the new one!

Posted 2.6.19 Reply
    • Jessi wrote:

I really loved the new Sophie Kinsella!

Posted 2.7.19 Reply
  4. Jennifer wrote:

Great post! I just finished Maid and I really enjoyed it. I got the ARC for When We Left Cuba and it was just as good as her first book. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 2.6.19 Reply
  5. Megan wrote:

I love all of those choices that you choose to read. Reading relaxes me so much. Need to pre-order a few of these!

Posted 2.6.19 Reply
  6. You always have the best recommendations! Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted 2.6.19 Reply
  7. Jessi wrote:

Excited for so many of these books already and added a few more to my TBR! Never enough time!! I have several already preordered- The Bride Test, Unhoneymooners, Meet Cute, Lost Roses, Daisy Jones, Summer of ’69…and maybe a few more. I’ve never read the Peachtree Bluff Series but I think I might have to pick it up!

Posted 2.7.19 Reply
  8. Adaleta Avdić wrote:

Adding some of these to my list. I’m trying to read more this year.

Posted 2.7.19 Reply
  9. miriam wrote:

what a fun post! i definitely need to read more! thanks for sharing!

Posted 2.7.19 Reply
  10. SO many good ones out right now! I don’t know where to begin! I am finishing up Becoming!

Posted 2.8.19 Reply
  11. Kelsey wrote:

Oooh definitely adding some of these to my reading list!!

Posted 2.8.19 Reply
  12. You always have the best book recommendations! Adding some to my list now. xo

Posted 2.8.19 Reply
  13. I would love to read “The Last house Guest”! I just finished my second book by Megan Miranda.

-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 2.9.19 Reply
  14. Caitlin Houston wrote:

Lisa Gardner writes the BEST thrillers! Also… Two Can Keep A Secret is on my list too!

Posted 2.11.19 Reply
  15. Amazing list! I’m so excited that Katherine Center has a new book coming out this year! I read The Girl He Used to Know and I loved it.

Posted 3.15.19 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬