A Casual Look – Stripes & BF Jeans

Last week the weather in North Carolina was so nice! I’m talking 70 degree days in February (!!!) I took the opportunity to ditch the layers and coats for lighter layers. We even ate dinner outside one evening and it was SO glorious. I wore this outfit and it was the perfect “pre-spring” casual look! Each piece is so versatile and it’s safe to say I’ll be wearing each of these pieces throughout spring.

As for the pieces themselves, I picked up this utility top a few weeks ago knowing it would be a great piece to have in my closet. I’m a sucker for stripes of any kind, so this top was a no-brainer! I think it will be really cute with white denim and shorts this spring. I’ve had these boyfriend jeans for quite a while and always love wearing them when I want something other than my typical skinny jeans. I have also had this crossbody bag for a few years. It was an investment for sure, but I wear it quite often because it’s the perfect crossbody size and can still fit everything I need, including a full sized wallet! And of course, I can’t get enough of these slip-on sneakers. I can’t even tell you how often I have worn these since getting them – they are truly one of my favorite pair of shoes!

how to style boyfriend jeans
top | similar denim | sneakers | bag | sunglasses | necklace | earrings

how to style stripes for spring 3.1 Phillip lim mini pashli bagEmily Wilkinson nc bloggerloft striped utility blouse Vince blair sneakers

shop the post

1. Rach wrote:

What a great casual outfit! I love the striped top – can’t get enough of them!

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  2. rebecca wrote:

The perfect spring look! Weather here has been crazy too – it is so hard to keep up!!

xx rebecca

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  3. cathclaire wrote:

I am loving these stripes on you beauty!! Thanks for sharing! XO

Cathclaire |

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  4. Cathy wrote:

This is a great spring look! I love all these pieces. It’s so effortless!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  5. Love a good pair of boyfriend jeans. These are so cute!

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  6. Anna English wrote:

These jeans look so comfy! Love the destroyed look for casual wear.

Posted 2.13.19 Reply
  7. The weather has been nuts! I love the top! It’s perfectly casual and I love the jeans you styled it with!

Posted 2.13.19 Reply
  8. Jamaria Johnson wrote:

I love this look! So comfy yet stylish which are my go to type looks for sure! Xo

Posted 2.13.19 Reply
  9. Perfect casual look! Loving those sneaks so much!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 2.14.19 Reply
  10. Mae wrote:

I love love love this look! Everything from the utility top and boyfriend jeans to your hoops are perfection! We have had a few nice days in Atlanta but it looks like it’s going to be glum and gloomy for the rest of the month!

Posted 2.14.19 Reply

• Happy Valentine’s Day, my love! I’ll take any excuse I can get to celebrate you & our love! Lucky to call you mine today and everyday 💙 I hope y’all have a great day celebrating those you love, no matter if it’s friends, family or your significant other! -
Photo: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Give me stripes & I’m happy 💙 I can’t even count the amount of striped tops I have in my closet... don’t judge 🙈 I obviously needed to add this utility top to the mix, right?! This one is on sale for $30 right now - shop everything at the link in bio (just click shop my IG!) or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2zUDN #liketkit
  • Muah! 💋💕Valentine’s day is just a few days away, what are your plans?! We typically keep it low-key for Valentine’s Day!
Today I’m sharing unique, inexpensive date night ideas plus a few gift ideas for the one you love with @babbleboxxofficial! I’m obsessed with these fun ❤️ sunglasses from @zennioptical, perfect for V-Day! Shop everything else here: http://liketk.it/2zRfU @liketoknow.it #liketkit #lovemyzennis #lovebabbleboxx #525america #valentinesday #vday #dgso
  • All plans are canceled until further notice! (📚💌!) I just got Two Can Keep a Secret in the mail & am so excited to read it (I read One of Us is Lying last year and loved it!) If you're looking for a good suspense book, this is it! @getunderlined #partner #ad p.s. I have a new blog post up on my site (link in bio) today - the 50 new releases I'm looking forward to reading in 2019! #enwreads
http://liketk.it/2zLU6 #liketkit
  • All smiles because it was 65° today & we grabbed dinner on the patio at one of our fav spots! 🙌🏻☀️I’m loving this spring-like weather!
This outfit is filled with closet basics & I’m not mad about it! Get all details at the link in my bio (just click->shop my instagram) or with @liketoknow.it app. *sizing: jacket runs big - size down, sneakers run big - size down 1/2 size!* http://liketk.it/2zJoW @liketoknow.it #liketkit #everydaymadewell #madewellnc
  • When it comes to traveling, whether by ✈️ or on a 🚙 trip, I prefer to be comfortable (while still looking a bit pulled together!)

today I’m sharing a recent travel outfit and chatting all about these comfortable, function pieces including these @wearkizik pop-on sneakers! 💙 head to the link in bio for the post and shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2zDCZ #liketkit @liketoknow.it #wearkizik #traveloutfit #ltkfit #ootd #athleisure #whatimwearing