A Casual Look – Stripes & BF Jeans

Last week the weather in North Carolina was so nice! I’m talking 70 degree days in February (!!!) I took the opportunity to ditch the layers and coats for lighter layers. We even ate dinner outside one evening and it was SO glorious. I wore this outfit and it was the perfect “pre-spring” casual look! Each piece is so versatile and it’s safe to say I’ll be wearing each of these pieces throughout spring.

As for the pieces themselves, I picked up this utility top a few weeks ago knowing it would be a great piece to have in my closet. I’m a sucker for stripes of any kind, so this top was a no-brainer! I think it will be really cute with white denim and shorts this spring. I’ve had these boyfriend jeans for quite a while and always love wearing them when I want something other than my typical skinny jeans. I have also had this crossbody bag for a few years. It was an investment for sure, but I wear it quite often because it’s the perfect crossbody size and can still fit everything I need, including a full sized wallet! And of course, I can’t get enough of these slip-on sneakers. I can’t even tell you how often I have worn these since getting them – they are truly one of my favorite pair of shoes!

how to style boyfriend jeans
top | similar denim | sneakers | bag | sunglasses | necklace | earrings

how to style stripes for spring 3.1 Phillip lim mini pashli bagEmily Wilkinson nc bloggerloft striped utility blouse Vince blair sneakers

shop the post

1. Rach wrote:

What a great casual outfit! I love the striped top – can’t get enough of them!

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  2. rebecca wrote:

The perfect spring look! Weather here has been crazy too – it is so hard to keep up!!

xx rebecca

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  3. cathclaire wrote:

I am loving these stripes on you beauty!! Thanks for sharing! XO

Cathclaire |

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  4. Cathy wrote:

This is a great spring look! I love all these pieces. It’s so effortless!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  5. Love a good pair of boyfriend jeans. These are so cute!

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  6. Anna English wrote:

These jeans look so comfy! Love the destroyed look for casual wear.

Posted 2.13.19 Reply
  7. The weather has been nuts! I love the top! It’s perfectly casual and I love the jeans you styled it with!

Posted 2.13.19 Reply
  8. Jamaria Johnson wrote:

I love this look! So comfy yet stylish which are my go to type looks for sure! Xo

Posted 2.13.19 Reply
  9. Perfect casual look! Loving those sneaks so much!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 2.14.19 Reply
  10. Mae wrote:

I love love love this look! Everything from the utility top and boyfriend jeans to your hoops are perfection! We have had a few nice days in Atlanta but it looks like it’s going to be glum and gloomy for the rest of the month!

Posted 2.14.19 Reply

• Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety
  • Cheers to 29 & the last year of my 20s! 🎉🥳🎈Looking forward to another year of fun, traveling & making a lot of memories! Chatting about my honest thoughts on getting older and sharing the things I want to do in my last year of my 20s today on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 feeling thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends & family! #cheersto29 #happybirthday
  • Last night of bein’ 28! 🥳Off to dinner @1618seafoodgrille with my fam before I turn 29!
My top, sunglasses, earrings, bag & shoes are 20-25% off! Shop everything here http://liketk.it/2B2Ma @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkunder100