A Casual Look – Stripes & BF Jeans

Last week the weather in North Carolina was so nice! I’m talking 70 degree days in February (!!!) I took the opportunity to ditch the layers and coats for lighter layers. We even ate dinner outside one evening and it was SO glorious. I wore this outfit and it was the perfect “pre-spring” casual look! Each piece is so versatile and it’s safe to say I’ll be wearing each of these pieces throughout spring.

As for the pieces themselves, I picked up this utility top a few weeks ago knowing it would be a great piece to have in my closet. I’m a sucker for stripes of any kind, so this top was a no-brainer! I think it will be really cute with white denim and shorts this spring. I’ve had these boyfriend jeans for quite a while and always love wearing them when I want something other than my typical skinny jeans. I have also had this crossbody bag for a few years. It was an investment for sure, but I wear it quite often because it’s the perfect crossbody size and can still fit everything I need, including a full sized wallet! And of course, I can’t get enough of these slip-on sneakers. I can’t even tell you how often I have worn these since getting them – they are truly one of my favorite pair of shoes!

how to style boyfriend jeans
top | similar denim | sneakers | bag | sunglasses | necklace | earrings

how to style stripes for spring 3.1 Phillip lim mini pashli bagEmily Wilkinson nc bloggerloft striped utility blouse Vince blair sneakers

shop the post

1. Rach wrote:

What a great casual outfit! I love the striped top – can’t get enough of them!

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  2. rebecca wrote:

The perfect spring look! Weather here has been crazy too – it is so hard to keep up!!

xx rebecca

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  3. cathclaire wrote:

I am loving these stripes on you beauty!! Thanks for sharing! XO

Cathclaire |

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  4. Cathy wrote:

This is a great spring look! I love all these pieces. It’s so effortless!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  5. Love a good pair of boyfriend jeans. These are so cute!

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  6. Anna English wrote:

These jeans look so comfy! Love the destroyed look for casual wear.

Posted 2.13.19 Reply
  7. The weather has been nuts! I love the top! It’s perfectly casual and I love the jeans you styled it with!

Posted 2.13.19 Reply
  8. Jamaria Johnson wrote:

I love this look! So comfy yet stylish which are my go to type looks for sure! Xo

Posted 2.13.19 Reply
  9. Perfect casual look! Loving those sneaks so much!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 2.14.19 Reply
  10. Mae wrote:

I love love love this look! Everything from the utility top and boyfriend jeans to your hoops are perfection! We have had a few nice days in Atlanta but it looks like it’s going to be glum and gloomy for the rest of the month!

Posted 2.14.19 Reply

• Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there 💙 Feeling extra thankful that I have two father figures in my life who have filled my life with unconditional love, support & advice anytime I need it! I come from a divorced, blended family & I constantly count my blessings that all 4 of my parents get along so well! 🥰 I know these holidays can be hard for some, so just know that I’m sending hugs to all that are struggling today!💕 #happyfathersday photos: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Happy Saturday y’all 💙made it home from Connecticut, but still reminiscing on the fun summer kickoff event that was hosted by @sailtosable, @jackrogersusa , @palmbeachlately & @monogrammary! 🥂 It was filled with all the summer essentials: rosé 🍾, mini 🍔& 🌭, sparklers ✨& of course cute 👗just waiting to be taken on vacation! Had the BEST time catching up with blog friends & meeting some new faces, too! Definitely one of the best parts of blogging is the community & the friends I have made through it! 📸: @juliadags #enwexplores #setsailsummer #sailtosable
Shop our outfits with the #linkinbio OR with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CzKr #liketkit
  • Puttin’ a little pep in my step this summer in the cutest sneakers 💙 these classic white @keds “ace” sneakers from @zappos are a go-to for summer travel & a pair perfectly with white jeans for a casual look! #ad #kedsstyle #zapposstyle shop this look at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2Cv2l
  • Happy Saturday, y’all! 🌸Sharing a snap from last weekend when the weather was ☀️for a fun shoot with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace! This weekend is rainy & gloomy, so I’m inside cuddling with Mr. Charlie and doing a bit of reading! What are y’all up to? 💙
Just a heads up this dress runs TTS & goes up to size 3x 👏🏻shop it at the link in bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cplt #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100
  • Can you believe the official start of summer is exactly 2 weeks away?! 👙🌊🍹I’m sharing my summer bucket list today on the blog (link in bio!) shop this look with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cnhz #liketkit #enwexplores #amazonfashion #amazonfashionfinds #brixtonhat #jcrew
  • Half way through the week and I am counting down the days until I’m twirling into the weekend!🙌🏻💃🏼 this dress is vacay approved because it’s twirl worthy AND wrinkle proof (it would even be great for a wedding!) shop this dress at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2ClCH #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek