On my radar 02.05

Spring is in the air in North Carolina and boy am I excited about it! Yesterday it was 65 degrees and I think everyone had a spring in their step after the cold days we had experienced recently! I for one am happy for a break from the heavy sweaters and jackets. In the spirit of the warm weather that’s here this week I thought I would round up a few pre-spring items I am loving! Is anyone else ready for warmer weather?

pre-spring favorites around the web

1. PINK TIE FRONT DRESS | This dress comes in a few colors and it is so gorgeous! There are quite a few beautiful shades, but this pink would be great for Valentine’s Day if you plan on going out!
  2. COIN LAYERED NECKLACE | I am all about layered necklaces lately because they’re so easy! These necklaces from Madewell can be worn together or separately.
  3. PERSONALIZED PHONE CASE | How cute is this personalized phone case?! The personalization options are basically endless!
  4. STUDDED SANDALS | I ordered a pair of white studded sandals from Ash last year and wore them SO often. I love this version of the sandals for this spring.
  5. WOVEN CIRCLE BAG | I use my Clare Vivier circle bag all the time, but I love this bag by Kaanas because it has a closure!
  6. STRIPED BUTTON FRONT TOP | This is definitely a classic to have in your closet!
  7. MINT STATEMENT EARRINGS | How fun are these statement earrings from BaubleBar?! I love the light mint color for spring.
  8. PLEATED HIGH WAIST SHORTS | I am ready for shorts weather and these shorts are number one on my list! They come in four colors, too!
  9. RAY-BAN AVIATORS | I definitely don’t need another pair fo sunglasses, but if I did then these Ray-Ban sunglasses would be in my cart ASAP ha! I love the golden and light brown tones.
  10. DISTRESSED DENIM SHORTS | I discovered this pair of denim shorts recently and can’t wait to order them. I have a hard time finding denim shorts that I like (that aren’t short!) and these may fit the bill. I’ll report back 😉
  11. RAFFIA STRAPPY HEELS | All I can say about these sandals by Steven is OBSESSED! They would be great to wear all through spring and summer.
  12. PLEATED MAXI SKIRT | This is basically the skirt of my dreams! I haven’t ordered it quite yet, but I already have thought of at least five outfits around it haha! I think I need it now! It would be cute paired with a chambray top, a graphic tee, or even a crop top.
  13. TORTOISE RING MINIDRESS | This dress gives me ’90s vibes for some reason and I’m here for it! This comes in a few colors and I think this one is perfect for spring!
  14. LEVI’S STRAIGHT SKINNY JEANS | These button fly jeans are the perfect shade for spring. I love that they are simple and have a cuffed hem. I haven’t purchased Levi’s jeans (only shorts) but have heard people rave about them!

shop the post

I CANNOT wait until spring! I’m definitely dreaming of flowy sundresses and sandals ha!

Posted 2.5.19 Reply
  2. Rachel wrote:

I am soaking in every second of this warm weather! Love all of your picks – especially those cute shorts! The shape is perfect.

Rachel

Posted 2.5.19 Reply
  3. Belle wrote:

That pink dress is really pretty! Great finds!

Posted 2.5.19 Reply

After all the early springtime weather we’ve been getting in RVA, these are now on my wishlist for REAL. I’m craving the sunshine like nobody’s business.

Posted 2.5.19 Reply
  5. Caitlin Houston wrote:

Loving the shape of those Ray Bans! And the layered necklaces <3

Posted 2.5.19 Reply
  6. kileen wrote:

These are all so cute! Makes me so excited for Spring. Loving that pink tortoise ring dress!!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 2.5.19 Reply
  7. Laura wrote:

I’m definitely counting down the days for spring to come!

Posted 2.6.19 Reply
  8. LOVE 10 and 13! So many goodies here!!

Posted 2.6.19 Reply
  9. I have been thinking about getting that phone case. Do you have it?! Also, yes to that maxi skirt – you need it!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 2.7.19 Reply
  10. Lindsay wrote:

I wish it would warm up here! All of these picks have me ready for spring!

Posted 2.12.19 Reply
  11. loveforlacquer wrote:

Ooh I thinkI need that pink dress in my life. So pretty

Posted 2.12.19 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50