Where to Eat, Drink & Shop in Wilmington, NC!

Last week I shared my travel recap to Wilmington, NC. While I have been there many times, I was blown away by all the great recommendations and the amount of small businesses that are in the area! Even though we were there for a long weekend, I feel like we barely made a dent in all of the great small businesses the area has to offer! I am already itching to get back to the coast to explore some of these great spots that are flourishing after Hurricane Florence and it’s devastating flooding back in September. Wilmington and it’s island beaches are a huge vacation destination in North Carolina, so today I wanted to round up a list of small businesses to visit when you’re in the area! I’m a huge advocate for supporting small businesses when you can!

Coffee shops

Anytime I am traveling I love to find locally owned coffee shops to try! I love seeing the different aesthetics and vibes of each place, and of course, trying their different coffees! We stopped at Drift, Bespoke, and Bitty and Beau’s on our last trip. I don’t think I could have handled any more caffeine πŸ˜‰

Drift Coffee & Kitchen
Bespoke Coffee & Dry Goods
Bitty & Beau’s Coffee
The Workshop (Wrightsville Beach)
Sunday’s Cafe (Wrightsville Beach)
Love, Lydia
Brick + Mortar Coffee
Social Coffee & Supply Co.

Restaurants & Drinks

If there’s ever an opportunity to try a locally owned restaurant, I’m there! Locally owned restaurants are usually a labor of love and I find that it shows in the food, service, and overall ambiance. I really appreciate seeing a local’s take on certain dishes! Our favorite spot on our trip was Surf House in Carolina Beach. I really enjoyed that they listed where EVERY ingredient was sourced. A lot of them were sourced throughout North Carolina, which I thought was really neat!

Front Street Brewery
PinPoint
Sweet & Savory
Elijah’s
Smoke on the Water
Fork ‘N Cork
Havana’s (Caroline Beach)
Surf House (Carolina Beach)

Shopping

I get so much joy perusing locally owned shops. I always try to buy at least one item and a souvenir when traveling as a memory of our trip! Wilmington and it’s local beaches had a TON of locally owned shops – I could have spent hours just wandering all the different spots.

ZIA Boutique (my friend Zelle owns it!)
Hallelu (Wrightsville)
Sweet Water Surf Shop (Wrightsville)
Lumina Station
The Cotton Exchange
Front Street New & Used Books
The Forum
Jess James & Co.
Island Passage

This post is in partnership with Wilmington CVB. All thoughts are my own.

1. I’ll take one of those lattes please! Looks like a fun weekend.

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  2. Anna English wrote:

I’m a HUGE fan of acai bowls, so that first photo caught my attention immediately! It looks delish.

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

You and me both! This may be the best one I’ve ever had!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  3. Cathy wrote:

Those scallops look sooo good! I’ve never been to Wilmington, I’ll have to check it out. This looks like so nice!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

The scallops were one of my favorite meals while we were there… SO good! Wilmington is such a great area and I’m thankful it’s a short 3 hour drive from me!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  4. lyddie wrote:

I think the best part of traveling is finding all the great small local places to eat, drink, and shop! Sounds like you found some real gems in Wilmington!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  5. Kim wrote:

It looks like you had such a great weekend and found so many great spots in Wilmington!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  6. Maria wrote:

Seems like you had a blast. Thanks for the recommendations!

xo, Maria

Posted 2.22.19 Reply

Sounds like there are so many fun spots to visit! Now I want to make a trip just to see them all myself πŸ™‚

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  8. kileen wrote:

Such an awesome post!! Definitely need to bookmark this for future reference!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  9. Megan wrote:

I have always wanted to visit Wilmington. It’s where my favorite tv show One Tree Hill was filmed.

Posted 2.23.19 Reply
  10. Hillary wrote:

I’ve been wanting to go to Wilmington!! I’ll have to save this for later!

Posted 2.24.19 Reply
  11. That acai bowl – yes please! Definitely making plans to visit soon!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 2.25.19 Reply

So many cute places to visit! Definitely keeping these in mind when I go back to North Carolina!

Posted 2.25.19 Reply

• Happy Friday, y'all! We are getting a peek of fall here (before it goes back to high 80s...ugh!) and I'm taking full advantage by pulling out some of my pre-fall items, like these @sofftshoes booties from @zappos, this cozy thermal & my new fall bag! πŸ™ŒπŸ» These Tilton booties are the perfect taupe color & are extremely comfortable, making them perfect for long-day wear. Hope you have a great weekend! πŸ’™ I'm off to enjoy this weather while it lasts! Outfit details at the link in bio [ad] #gotitonzappos #perfectlysofft #falloutfits #falloutfit
  • Chatting all about my favorite places to order personalized items, whether it’s a gift for you, a bridal party or for the holidays! πŸ’™ I recently discovered @stoneyclover & it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with all the fun pouches & personalized patches! These would be fun bridal or bachelorette gifts! πŸ™ŒπŸ» Shop my favorites here: http://liketk.it/2F0ar @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKitbag #stoneycloverlane #stoneyclover #madewell
  • Back in business πŸ™ŒπŸ» I *finally* feel like a human again after getting my computer back from Apple after a week away! πŸ’» You never realize just how much you rely on your computer until you are without it! I spent the week going totally stir crazy - but I DID get quite a bit of reading in πŸ˜‚ now it’s time to play catch up! πŸ‘©πŸΌβ€πŸ’» hope y’all are having a great week! πŸ’™http://liketk.it/2EQYT #riflepaperco #airpods
  • It's a rainy day here, so it’s a good day to curl up with a good book! πŸ’™πŸ“šIf you're looking for a book to add to your list, make it #AmericanRoyals that's out *now* πŸ™ŒπŸ» If you're a fan of anything royal-related, you're sure to love it! πŸ‘ΈπŸ»It's an unputdownable books that's the perfect mix of gossip girl meets royalty - including scandals and family drama all wrapped into one book! Link in my IG stories to order! @getunderlined @katharinemcgee #enwreads #bookreview #getunderlined [ad]
  • It’s hard to believe it’s already September & summer is coming to an end πŸ’™ I’m sharing my most-worn summer items on lifewithemilyblog.com, including all the pieces in the pic! Shop this look at the link in bio http://liketk.it/2EGou @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKitbag #carryyourday #everydaymadewell  #agolde
  • Cheers to a new (short) week! πŸŽ‰ Hope y’all had a great Labor Day weekend! πŸ’™ We did lots of work around the house (thanks to the huge help of my dad!) & we got around to painting our front door today - see IG stories for the final result! πŸšͺπŸ₯°πŸ‘ shop this look at the link in bio - http://liketk.it/2EDgL @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder50 #ltkunder100 #madewell #stevemadden #ltkshoecrush