Where to Eat, Drink & Shop in Wilmington, NC!

Last week I shared my travel recap to Wilmington, NC. While I have been there many times, I was blown away by all the great recommendations and the amount of small businesses that are in the area! Even though we were there for a long weekend, I feel like we barely made a dent in all of the great small businesses the area has to offer! I am already itching to get back to the coast to explore some of these great spots that are flourishing after Hurricane Florence and it’s devastating flooding back in September. Wilmington and it’s island beaches are a huge vacation destination in North Carolina, so today I wanted to round up a list of small businesses to visit when you’re in the area! I’m a huge advocate for supporting small businesses when you can!

Coffee shops

Anytime I am traveling I love to find locally owned coffee shops to try! I love seeing the different aesthetics and vibes of each place, and of course, trying their different coffees! We stopped at Drift, Bespoke, and Bitty and Beau’s on our last trip. I don’t think I could have handled any more caffeine 😉

Drift Coffee & Kitchen
Bespoke Coffee & Dry Goods
Bitty & Beau’s Coffee
The Workshop (Wrightsville Beach)
Sunday’s Cafe (Wrightsville Beach)
Love, Lydia
Brick + Mortar Coffee
Social Coffee & Supply Co.

Restaurants & Drinks

If there’s ever an opportunity to try a locally owned restaurant, I’m there! Locally owned restaurants are usually a labor of love and I find that it shows in the food, service, and overall ambiance. I really appreciate seeing a local’s take on certain dishes! Our favorite spot on our trip was Surf House in Carolina Beach. I really enjoyed that they listed where EVERY ingredient was sourced. A lot of them were sourced throughout North Carolina, which I thought was really neat!

Front Street Brewery
PinPoint
Sweet & Savory
Elijah’s
Smoke on the Water
Fork ‘N Cork
Havana’s (Caroline Beach)
Surf House (Carolina Beach)

Shopping

I get so much joy perusing locally owned shops. I always try to buy at least one item and a souvenir when traveling as a memory of our trip! Wilmington and it’s local beaches had a TON of locally owned shops – I could have spent hours just wandering all the different spots.

ZIA Boutique (my friend Zelle owns it!)
Hallelu (Wrightsville)
Sweet Water Surf Shop (Wrightsville)
Lumina Station
The Cotton Exchange
Front Street New & Used Books
The Forum
Jess James & Co.
Island Passage

This post is in partnership with Wilmington CVB. All thoughts are my own.

1. I’ll take one of those lattes please! Looks like a fun weekend.

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  2. Anna English wrote:

I’m a HUGE fan of acai bowls, so that first photo caught my attention immediately! It looks delish.

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

You and me both! This may be the best one I’ve ever had!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  3. Cathy wrote:

Those scallops look sooo good! I’ve never been to Wilmington, I’ll have to check it out. This looks like so nice!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

The scallops were one of my favorite meals while we were there… SO good! Wilmington is such a great area and I’m thankful it’s a short 3 hour drive from me!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  4. lyddie wrote:

I think the best part of traveling is finding all the great small local places to eat, drink, and shop! Sounds like you found some real gems in Wilmington!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  5. Kim wrote:

It looks like you had such a great weekend and found so many great spots in Wilmington!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  6. Maria wrote:

Seems like you had a blast. Thanks for the recommendations!

xo, Maria

Posted 2.22.19 Reply

Sounds like there are so many fun spots to visit! Now I want to make a trip just to see them all myself 🙂

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  8. kileen wrote:

Such an awesome post!! Definitely need to bookmark this for future reference!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  9. Megan wrote:

I have always wanted to visit Wilmington. It’s where my favorite tv show One Tree Hill was filmed.

Posted 2.23.19 Reply
  10. Hillary wrote:

I’ve been wanting to go to Wilmington!! I’ll have to save this for later!

Posted 2.24.19 Reply
  11. That acai bowl – yes please! Definitely making plans to visit soon!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 2.25.19 Reply

So many cute places to visit! Definitely keeping these in mind when I go back to North Carolina!

Posted 2.25.19 Reply

• It’s GENDER REVEAL day!💙👶🏻💕We’re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! I’m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think we’re having a BOY or GIRL?! 👶🏻
....
1. No morning sickness 💙
2. Chinese calendar says girl 💕
3. The ring test says boy 💙
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl 💕
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry💙
6. Pregnancy acne means girl💕
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately💙
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones💙
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so 💕or💙
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 💙
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says I’ve been a bit moody 🤣💕
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? 🧰
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) 🙌🏻
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & it’s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • It’s another rainy day here (we’re on day 7163 I’m pretty sure!) 💦 I’m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! 🌴 my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! 🌊 #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentine’s Day 💙 We’re celebrating our 10th Valentine’s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏻We’re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together🍴I love the life we have built together & can’t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad 🥰 p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! 😂 #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! 📖🕵🏼‍♀️This book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! 📚 Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder
  • 16 weeks with this sweet baby 💙💕 I’m sharing my first trimester recap and a Q&A (answering all your questions from stories!) on lifewithemilyblog.com. Dress linked here: http://liketk.it/2JVy1 #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder50 #16weeks #pregnant #werehavingababy #stylethebump #bumpstyle