Where to Eat, Drink & Shop in Wilmington, NC!

Last week I shared my travel recap to Wilmington, NC. While I have been there many times, I was blown away by all the great recommendations and the amount of small businesses that are in the area! Even though we were there for a long weekend, I feel like we barely made a dent in all of the great small businesses the area has to offer! I am already itching to get back to the coast to explore some of these great spots that are flourishing after Hurricane Florence and it’s devastating flooding back in September. Wilmington and it’s island beaches are a huge vacation destination in North Carolina, so today I wanted to round up a list of small businesses to visit when you’re in the area! I’m a huge advocate for supporting small businesses when you can!

Coffee shops

Anytime I am traveling I love to find locally owned coffee shops to try! I love seeing the different aesthetics and vibes of each place, and of course, trying their different coffees! We stopped at Drift, Bespoke, and Bitty and Beau’s on our last trip. I don’t think I could have handled any more caffeine ๐Ÿ˜‰

Drift Coffee & Kitchen
Bespoke Coffee & Dry Goods
Bitty & Beau’s Coffee
The Workshop (Wrightsville Beach)
Sunday’s Cafe (Wrightsville Beach)
Love, Lydia
Brick + Mortar Coffee
Social Coffee & Supply Co.

Restaurants & Drinks

If there’s ever an opportunity to try a locally owned restaurant, I’m there! Locally owned restaurants are usually a labor of love and I find that it shows in the food, service, and overall ambiance. I really appreciate seeing a local’s take on certain dishes! Our favorite spot on our trip was Surf House in Carolina Beach. I really enjoyed that they listed where EVERY ingredient was sourced. A lot of them were sourced throughout North Carolina, which I thought was really neat!

Front Street Brewery
PinPoint
Sweet & Savory
Elijah’s
Smoke on the Water
Fork ‘N Cork
Havana’s (Caroline Beach)
Surf House (Carolina Beach)

Shopping

I get so much joy perusing locally owned shops. I always try to buy at least one item and a souvenir when traveling as a memory of our trip! Wilmington and it’s local beaches had a TON of locally owned shops – I could have spent hours just wandering all the different spots.

ZIA Boutique (my friend Zelle owns it!)
Hallelu (Wrightsville)
Sweet Water Surf Shop (Wrightsville)
Lumina Station
The Cotton Exchange
Front Street New & Used Books
The Forum
Jess James & Co.
Island Passage

This post is in partnership with Wilmington CVB. All thoughts are my own.

1. I’ll take one of those lattes please! Looks like a fun weekend.

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  2. Anna English wrote:

I’m a HUGE fan of acai bowls, so that first photo caught my attention immediately! It looks delish.

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

You and me both! This may be the best one I’ve ever had!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  3. Cathy wrote:

Those scallops look sooo good! I’ve never been to Wilmington, I’ll have to check it out. This looks like so nice!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

The scallops were one of my favorite meals while we were there… SO good! Wilmington is such a great area and I’m thankful it’s a short 3 hour drive from me!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  4. lyddie wrote:

I think the best part of traveling is finding all the great small local places to eat, drink, and shop! Sounds like you found some real gems in Wilmington!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  5. Kim wrote:

It looks like you had such a great weekend and found so many great spots in Wilmington!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  6. Maria wrote:

Seems like you had a blast. Thanks for the recommendations!

xo, Maria

Posted 2.22.19 Reply

Sounds like there are so many fun spots to visit! Now I want to make a trip just to see them all myself ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  8. kileen wrote:

Such an awesome post!! Definitely need to bookmark this for future reference!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  9. Megan wrote:

I have always wanted to visit Wilmington. It’s where my favorite tv show One Tree Hill was filmed.

Posted 2.23.19 Reply
  10. Hillary wrote:

Iโ€™ve been wanting to go to Wilmington!! Iโ€™ll have to save this for later!

Posted 2.24.19 Reply
  11. That acai bowl – yes please! Definitely making plans to visit soon!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 2.25.19 Reply

So many cute places to visit! Definitely keeping these in mind when I go back to North Carolina!

Posted 2.25.19 Reply

• One of my favorite parts about vacation is being able to relax with a good book in hand ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป The #navigatoroftheseas has so many peaceful areas to relax, unwind & read a few pages - file that under a success! Admittedly, I didnโ€™t read as much as I would have liked (because there was SO much to see & do!) but Iโ€™m glad that I got to read @marykayandrews newest book!
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BVxC #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #enwexplores @royalcaribbean #marykayandrews #stmartinspress
  • Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas ๐Ÿ›ณ b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! ๐Ÿ˜Š Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! ๐Ÿฑ#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸนI donโ€™t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And Iโ€™m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50
  • Twirling into another day on board #NavigatoroftheSeas ๐Ÿ’™ Todayโ€™s plans include a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar (!!), relaxing under a cabana & going on the water slides with Nick! We love @royalcaribbean ships & this one is no different - we are having a blast!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ›ณ๐Ÿ’™#enwexplores #royalcaribbean #comeseek
Shop this feminine, flowy dress here: http://liketk.it/2BR3X or at the link in my bio. #liketkit #LTKtravel
  • A *p e r f e c t* day at CocoCay!๐ŸŒด Yesterday we spent the day at #PerfectDayatCocoCay, @royalcaribbeanโ€™s newest island and yโ€™all, the name is fitting because it was a truly perfect day! We did a bit of relaxing on Chill Island (read on the beach, got a few Coco Loco drinks & swam with the fishies!)๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿน๐Ÿ  followed by a bit of adventure at Thrill Waterpark (we did obstacle courses in the pool & raced on the BIGGEST water slides!) ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿงœ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ the best of both worlds, for sure! #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek #royalcaribbean
Shop this cute coverup & my favorite wide brim hat here: http://liketk.it/2BQdC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100
  • Last nightโ€™s all white look (plus fun accessories!) for the set sail party with @royalcaribbean! I am *loving*  #NavigatoroftheSeas - so many cozy & colorful lounge areas, not to mention all the fun things to explore from the bars to water slides! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป #comeseek #enwexplores
Shop this look by clicking the link in my bio or following me in the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BOXO #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #royalcaribbean #perfectdayatcococay