Where to Eat, Drink & Shop in Wilmington, NC!

Last week I shared my travel recap to Wilmington, NC. While I have been there many times, I was blown away by all the great recommendations and the amount of small businesses that are in the area! Even though we were there for a long weekend, I feel like we barely made a dent in all of the great small businesses the area has to offer! I am already itching to get back to the coast to explore some of these great spots that are flourishing after Hurricane Florence and it’s devastating flooding back in September. Wilmington and it’s island beaches are a huge vacation destination in North Carolina, so today I wanted to round up a list of small businesses to visit when you’re in the area! I’m a huge advocate for supporting small businesses when you can!

Coffee shops

Anytime I am traveling I love to find locally owned coffee shops to try! I love seeing the different aesthetics and vibes of each place, and of course, trying their different coffees! We stopped at Drift, Bespoke, and Bitty and Beau’s on our last trip. I don’t think I could have handled any more caffeine 😉

Drift Coffee & Kitchen
Bespoke Coffee & Dry Goods
Bitty & Beau’s Coffee
The Workshop (Wrightsville Beach)
Sunday’s Cafe (Wrightsville Beach)
Love, Lydia
Brick + Mortar Coffee
Social Coffee & Supply Co.

Restaurants & Drinks

If there’s ever an opportunity to try a locally owned restaurant, I’m there! Locally owned restaurants are usually a labor of love and I find that it shows in the food, service, and overall ambiance. I really appreciate seeing a local’s take on certain dishes! Our favorite spot on our trip was Surf House in Carolina Beach. I really enjoyed that they listed where EVERY ingredient was sourced. A lot of them were sourced throughout North Carolina, which I thought was really neat!

Front Street Brewery
PinPoint
Sweet & Savory
Elijah’s
Smoke on the Water
Fork ‘N Cork
Havana’s (Caroline Beach)
Surf House (Carolina Beach)

Shopping

I get so much joy perusing locally owned shops. I always try to buy at least one item and a souvenir when traveling as a memory of our trip! Wilmington and it’s local beaches had a TON of locally owned shops – I could have spent hours just wandering all the different spots.

ZIA Boutique (my friend Zelle owns it!)
Hallelu (Wrightsville)
Sweet Water Surf Shop (Wrightsville)
Lumina Station
The Cotton Exchange
Front Street New & Used Books
The Forum
Jess James & Co.
Island Passage

This post is in partnership with Wilmington CVB. All thoughts are my own.

1. I’ll take one of those lattes please! Looks like a fun weekend.

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  2. Anna English wrote:

I’m a HUGE fan of acai bowls, so that first photo caught my attention immediately! It looks delish.

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

You and me both! This may be the best one I’ve ever had!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  3. Cathy wrote:

Those scallops look sooo good! I’ve never been to Wilmington, I’ll have to check it out. This looks like so nice!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

The scallops were one of my favorite meals while we were there… SO good! Wilmington is such a great area and I’m thankful it’s a short 3 hour drive from me!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  4. lyddie wrote:

I think the best part of traveling is finding all the great small local places to eat, drink, and shop! Sounds like you found some real gems in Wilmington!

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  5. Kim wrote:

It looks like you had such a great weekend and found so many great spots in Wilmington!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  6. Maria wrote:

Seems like you had a blast. Thanks for the recommendations!

xo, Maria

Posted 2.22.19 Reply

Sounds like there are so many fun spots to visit! Now I want to make a trip just to see them all myself 🙂

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  8. kileen wrote:

Such an awesome post!! Definitely need to bookmark this for future reference!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 2.22.19 Reply
  9. Megan wrote:

I have always wanted to visit Wilmington. It’s where my favorite tv show One Tree Hill was filmed.

Posted 2.23.19 Reply
  10. Hillary wrote:

I’ve been wanting to go to Wilmington!! I’ll have to save this for later!

Posted 2.24.19 Reply
  11. That acai bowl – yes please! Definitely making plans to visit soon!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 2.25.19 Reply

So many cute places to visit! Definitely keeping these in mind when I go back to North Carolina!

Posted 2.25.19 Reply

• I think we’re officially in the “dog days of summer” here in NC 🥵It has been so hot & humid here lately that even leaving the house (and the AC!) seems like such a chore ha! 🍦I *think* I’m ready for fall now! Anyone else?! 🙋🏼‍♀️
P.s. it’s been radio silent around here due to unpacking, training our little pup & just trying to get our little fam into a new routine! 🤗🐶🐱👫🏡
  • Meet Avett Wilkinson 🐶 we added another four-legged friend to our family last weekend (yes, 24 hours after our move... we may be a bit crazy ha!) he is named after our love of @theavettbrothers & is an 8-week old #goldenretriever! 💙 We love this ball of floof more every single day! 🐶 #charlieandavett #avettsadventures
  • SOLD! 🏡 we are officially home owners! 📦🍾👏🏻We are SO excited for this new chapter in our lives & look forward to making this house feel like home 💙 Now, let’s get to unpacking, @nick_wilkinson1! #homeowners #weboughtahouse #firsttimehomeowner
  • A southern summer soirée 💙Last month I got together with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace to put on a southern garden party - complete with delightful desserts, gorgeous @draperjames, great company & the perfect southern backdrop, the gorgeous @mcalisterleftwich house! We had the best time - it was so nice to come together as strangers (well, internet friends!) & leave as friends 👯‍♀️ see more on lifewithemilyblog.com & shop our looks here: http://liketk.it/2CUlv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #draperjamesgirl #mydraperjames photos: @megantravisphotography
  • Calling all book nerds 📚🤓🙋🏼‍♀️ I’m chatting all about @bookofthemonth & why I love it today on the blog! 💙 I’ve been a BOTM member for 3 years now & cant say enough great things about it! Want to join?! DM me or read the post on lifewithemilyblog.com! Link to post in my bio & shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2CRXS #enwreads #bookstagram #bookofthemonth #botm #botmclub
  • It’s Friday! 🎉 anyone else so ready for the weekend?! It has been rainy here *all week long* so I’m hoping for better weather ☀️ p.s. I shared a travel diary from my recent trip with @royalcaribbean on #navigatoriftheseas (link in profile!) #perfectdayatcococay #enwexplores #comeseek
Shop this look at the link in bio OR with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CISq #liketkit #LTKtravel #ltkunder50 #ltkunder100 #amazon #amazonfashion