Another month has come & gone, so today I’m sharing my February recap. You can see all monthly recaps here.
Did February fly by for anyone else?! Even though it was a short month it seemed to go by in the blink of an eye, unlike January! To be honest, February was kind of a bore. It rained for at least half of the month which really put a damper on things, ha! It put me in a bit of a funk and didn’t motivate me to get out at all. February was a good month to be a bit lazy and relax!
At the beginning of the month we headed down to Charlotte for an impromptu date night! We met a sweet couple on a trip last year and it turned out he was one of the coaches for the Memphis Grizzlies basketball team! The team played the Charlotte Hornets in February, so Nick and I went down, grabbed dinner at one of our favorite spots BLT Steaks and went to the basketball game afterwards to see our friend!My parents also got a new puppy this month. We had been wanting to get a puppy friend for Dingo when he was still alive, but he didn’t make it to meet his friend! I think we all missed having a puppy to love on and baby Cooper has brought us so much joy already! He’s a mini Australian Shepherd like Dingo was, but he has different coloring! He’s still in the puppy phase of wanting to bite with his razor sharp teeth, but he is such a cutie!
What I’m looking forward to in March
I am so excited about the temperature starting to warm up (hopefully!). Everything has been so gloomy and drab here that I’m looking forward to everything blooming…my allergies, not so much ha! We are heading to Charleston tomorrow with Toyota for the 14th annual Wine & Food Festival which I am SO excited about. I’ve never been to CHSWFF, but I’ve heard such wonderful things. We have a packed weekend, but it’s sure to be a fun one!
Books I read this month
With all the rain we got this month I was able to get a lot of reading in! I posted my February reading list, including the twelve books I read this month. I absolutely loved The Alice Network! It was hands down my favorite book this month!
What I purchased
–A new pair of my favorite boyfriend jeans | they’re my absolute favorite! The new pair don’t have holes in the knees.
–These denim shorts | these always sell out long before summer arrives!
–These sandals | I think these will be great neutral sandals for the warmer weather!
–This cute little bag | I couldn’t resist getting this bag, it’s perfect for summer and vacations!
I have been doing Obé Fitness workouts and loving them! I like the diverse classes they offer and I never feel bored with the classes! I’ve been doing them for about 4 weeks (3x/week) or so and am already seeing a bit of progress! Charlie has been such a pain when it comes to working out in our house. He is so intrigued (and maybe scared?!) by my yoga mat and anytime I’m doing an exercise on the floor he’s wanting to play haha!
Favorite blog posts on Life with Emily
Favorite posts I read this month
–How to Hem Your Jeans in One Easy Step | this is one of my favorite hacks since I’m only 5’2″! Almost every pair of jeans gets chopped! I love the look, too!
–What is a Himalayan Salt Lamp & Do You Need One? | I have experienced Himalayan salt lamps at numerous spas but never fully understood the point (although they’re pretty!) This post breaks it all down!
–Steps That Go Into a Sponsored Post | It’s not just pretty pictures – this post gives you the lo down on what actually goes on behind the scenes!
–Marrackech Travel Guide | I mean, how dreamy does this trip look?! Love that Katie provided some helpful tips for first time visitors!
Current favorites on repeat
- BEAUTY: I have been trying to be better about using clean products & I have been loving this facial oil and this moisturizer!
- CLOTHING: Honestly, I haven’t been liking much in my closet lately, it must be the time of year! I have worn this pink sweater a lot & plan to pack it for Charleston too! It’s a great sweater for the “in between” weather!
- TV SHOWS: I can’t get enough of A Million Little Things! I think it’s so much more real & relatable than This is Us! I’m also loving this season of Top Chef that’s taking place in Kentucky! Thursdays are my favorite for TV because of those two shows.
- PODCAST: I haven’t been listening to a lot of podcasts lately. I started Cold, but never got around to even finishing the first episode, which is so not like me! I’ve heard the first two episodes are slow then picks up a lot! Maybe I’ll give it another shot.
- AUDIOBOOK: The Hate U Give – absolutely loving this so far!
- CURRENTLY READING: I’m reading In the Dark by Cara Hunter on my kindle right now and it’s great! Not quite sure what physical book I’m starting this week!
I hope y’all are having a good week! I had to go to the orthopedist yesterday for my knee, going to the eye doctor this morning for an eye exam and then I’m spending the day getting things ready for our trip since we leave on Thursday morning!