February 2019 Monthly Recap

Another month has come & gone, so today I’m sharing my February recap. You can see all monthly recaps here.

Highlights

Did February fly by for anyone else?! Even though it was a short month it seemed to go by in the blink of an eye, unlike January! To be honest, February was kind of a bore. It rained for at least half of the month which really put a damper on things, ha! It put me in a bit of a funk and didn’t motivate me to get out at all. February was a good month to be a bit lazy and relax!

At the beginning of the month we headed down to Charlotte for an impromptu date night! We met a sweet couple on a trip last year and it turned out he was one of the coaches for the Memphis Grizzlies basketball team! The team played the Charlotte Hornets in February, so Nick and I went down, grabbed dinner at one of our favorite spots BLT Steaks and went to the basketball game afterwards to see our friend!My parents also got a new puppy this month. We had been wanting to get a puppy friend for Dingo when he was still alive, but he didn’t make it to meet his friend! I think we all missed having a puppy to love on and baby Cooper has brought us so much joy already! He’s a mini Australian Shepherd like Dingo was, but he has different coloring! He’s still in the puppy phase of wanting to bite with his razor sharp teeth, but he is such a cutie!

What I’m looking forward to in March

I am so excited about the temperature starting to warm up (hopefully!). Everything has been so gloomy and drab here that I’m looking forward to everything blooming…my allergies, not so much ha! We are heading to Charleston tomorrow with Toyota for the 14th annual Wine & Food Festival which I am SO excited about. I’ve never been to CHSWFF, but I’ve heard such wonderful things. We have a packed weekend, but it’s sure to be a fun one!

Books I read this month

With all the rain we got this month I was able to get a lot of reading in! I posted my February reading list, including the twelve books I read this month. I absolutely loved The Alice Network! It was hands down my favorite book this month!

What I purchased

A new pair of my favorite boyfriend jeans | they’re my absolute favorite! The new pair don’t have holes in the knees.
These denim shorts | these always sell out long before summer arrives!
These sandals | I think these will be great neutral sandals for the warmer weather!
This cute little bag | I couldn’t resist getting this bag, it’s perfect for summer and vacations!

Fitness

I have been doing Obé Fitness workouts and loving them! I like the diverse classes they offer and I never feel bored with the classes! I’ve been doing them for about 4 weeks (3x/week) or so and am already seeing a bit of progress! Charlie has been such a pain when it comes to working out in our house. He is so intrigued (and maybe scared?!) by my yoga mat and anytime I’m doing an exercise on the floor he’s wanting to play haha!

Favorite blog posts on Life with Emily

50 New Releases I’m Looking Forward to Reading in 2019!
Five on Friday – Chatting All Things About Our Relationship & Marriage!
My Favorite Amazon Purchases

Favorite posts I read this month

How to Hem Your Jeans in One Easy Step | this is one of my favorite hacks since I’m only 5’2″! Almost every pair of jeans gets chopped! I love the look, too!
What is a Himalayan Salt Lamp & Do You Need One? | I have experienced Himalayan salt lamps at numerous spas but never fully understood the point (although they’re pretty!) This post breaks it all down!
Steps That Go Into a Sponsored Post | It’s not just pretty pictures – this post gives you the lo down on what actually goes on behind the scenes!
Marrackech Travel Guide | I mean, how dreamy does this trip look?! Love that Katie provided some helpful tips for first time visitors!

Current favorites on repeat

• BEAUTY: I have been trying to be better about using clean products & I have been loving this facial oil and this moisturizer!
  • CLOTHING: Honestly, I haven’t been liking much in my closet lately, it must be the time of year! I have worn this pink sweater a lot & plan to pack it for Charleston too! It’s a great sweater for the “in between” weather!
  • TV SHOWS: I can’t get enough of A Million Little Things! I think it’s so much more real & relatable than This is Us! I’m also loving this season of Top Chef that’s taking place in Kentucky! Thursdays are my favorite for TV because of those two shows.
  • PODCAST: I haven’t been listening to a lot of podcasts lately. I started Cold, but never got around to even finishing the first episode, which is so not like me! I’ve heard the first two episodes are slow then picks up a lot! Maybe I’ll give it another shot.
  • AUDIOBOOK: The Hate U Give – absolutely loving this so far!
  • CURRENTLY READING: I’m reading In the Dark by Cara Hunter on my kindle right now and it’s great! Not quite sure what physical book I’m starting this week!

I hope y’all are having a good week! I had to go to the orthopedist yesterday for my knee, going to the eye doctor this morning for an eye exam and then I’m spending the day getting things ready for our trip since we leave on Thursday morning!

1. Ah yay! Hope to see you at wine and food this week! Have a great time!

Posted 3.6.19 Reply
  2. Rach wrote:

Aww your parents’ new puppy is so cute! Totally going to check out Obe Fitness. I’m so sick of what I’m currently doing and need to switch it up!

Posted 3.6.19 Reply
  3. Have the best time in Charleston this weekend. It’ll be so fun!

Posted 3.6.19 Reply
  4. I haven’t heard of The Alice Network before, gonna check it out. I love your parents new doggy, he is so cute!

Posted 3.6.19 Reply
  5. Rachel wrote:

Oh my gosh, Cooper is SO stinkin’ cute. Love your February purchases and your reading list – adding some of the books you mentioned to my list!

Rachel

Posted 3.6.19 Reply
  6. Aww puppy love!! He’s so adorable .. and I’ve been contemplating those boyfriend jeans .. I see they are on sale so I should grab them now!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 3.7.19 Reply
  7. Kim wrote:

I am so over this cold and rainy weather! Hopefully March brings sunshine and warmer temps! Have so much fun in Charleston and drink a glass of wine for me!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 3.7.19 Reply

Even though February was quiet and dreary, it sounds like you still made the most of it! That pup is adorable that your family got, and the basketball game sounds fun! I also love those new boyfriend jeans!

Posted 3.7.19 Reply
  9. So glad to see your year is going so well for you! Can’t wait to see what else is in store for you!

Posted 3.7.19 Reply
  10. Lydia wrote:

I think all pets are the same when you get the yoga mat out! They want to be walking on it, walking on you, just being completely in the way of getting any exercise done!

Posted 3.7.19 Reply
  11. Marlene wrote:

That puppy is adorable! So nice you get puppy snuggles again. Also, going to check out your reading list!

Posted 3.17.19 Reply
  12. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

How cute is little Cooper?!
    I am so impressed that you read 12 books this month – I really need to read more x

Posted 3.18.19 Reply

• I’ll take all things bright & colorful, please! 💕 daydreaming about the day when I have somewhere to go so I can wear these pieces! 🙌🏻 sharing this roundup of spring finds today on lifewithemilyblog.com OR you can shop it at the link in bio + @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2PCh6 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKspring #springfinds #warmweather #springstyles
  • 3️⃣2️⃣ looks good on you, @nick_wilkinson1! 🎉 happy birthday my love! I love you more than you know! I’m so grateful for the life we have built together & I’m thankful to be by your side through it all. I can’t wait to celebrate another year of you & watch you become a dad in a few short months! 👶🏻 cheers to another year of memories together! 💙#happybirthday #32ndbirthday #birthdayboy
  • Another rainy day ☔️ wishing for warmer days + being able to get dressed up to head out! But instead we’re curled up on the couch and are having a crock pot meal tonight... not mad about it! 💙 This maxi dress is so stunning in person & is so comfortable! Can’t wait to wear it out again! Shop everything here (earrings are $8, dress fits oversized I’m in an XS) http://liketk.it/2PgfP @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKspring  #fpxme #freepeople
  • Anyone else been tinkering with spaces around their house during quarantine?! 🙋🏼‍♀️I know I sure have! I have been using a mix of what I already own & what I have picked up from @kirklands (buy online, curbside pick up is a game changer!) to switch up spaces! 🙌🏻Best part is, I was able to refresh this space using only 4 items all for under $100! It's so easy to change out a few pieces to give a totally different look. [ad] shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2OYgA #LTKhome
#refresh4less #kirklandsinsiders #kirklandsfinds #kirklandshappiness
  • What are you looking forward to doing after quarantine?! 💕 A few things I’m looking forward to (full list on lifewithemilyblog.com):
•seeing our friends & family
•date nights & eating at our favorite local spots again 🍽 hoping we can squeeze in a few date nights while it’s just the 2 of us!
•getting my hair cut & my nails done 💇🏼‍♀️💅🏻My hair was in desperate need of a trim before... now it’s just embarrassing 😂

Shop this look here: http://liketk.it/2OOhX @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #pinkblushmaternity #pinkblush #pregnant #30weekspregnant #30weeks #pregnancystyle #maternitystyle #bumpstyle #stylethebump
  • 30 week “bumpdate”💙 it’s hard to believe that we will be meeting our little one in 10 weeks or less! 👶🏻I can’t believe just how quickly time has flown by!
•Baby boy is the size of a cantaloupe this week 🍈 + measures roughly 16in & 3lbs
•He is moving around like CRAZY lately! One of our favorite things to do at night is to watch/feel him moving.
• I am in full nesting mode! We are still working on his nursery but it’s quickly becoming my fav room in the house!
• We have been soaking up all of this time just the two of us during quarantine! We’ve been giving 🐶&🐱sooo much attention since we know their life is going to change drastically in July!

#bumpdate #30weeks #30weekspregnant #bumpstyle #stylethebump #maternitystyle #boymom #babyboy #momtobe #mama #pregnantblogger #expecting #bump #thebump #pregnant #pregnancyannouncement #mamatobe