Spring in Charleston

A few weekends ago when we were in Charleston we got a peek into spring weather.  The weather was mid-70s, the sun was shining, and everything was starting to bloom! It was the perfect quintessential spring day and we took full advantage of it! We ate outside at Poogan’s Porch with a mimosa in hand, we walked along the battery and Rainbow Row and did a bit of shopping on King Street! It made me so excited for warm spring days in North Carolina! With the official start of spring only one day away (can you believe it?!) I’m hoping the weather begins to warm up so I can pull out my dresses and sandals more often!

I received this little white dress right before the trip and decided to bring it along! It’s such a chic dress that can easily be dressed up or down with little effort! It reminds me a lot of one of my favorite go-to dresses but with a few extra details like there smocked waist and slits. I paired it with these cute block heels (that are only $35!), my go-to denim jacket and this fun crochet bag that I got for spring! I can’t wait until it warms up here so I can wear these pieces again!

dress | jacket | heels | bag | earrings | sunglasses

Shop the post

1. Cathy wrote:

Cute bag and loving this pretty white dress! Also love how you styled it all!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  2. rebecca piersol wrote:

This look has me dying for spring!!! Love the dress.

xx rebecca

Posted 3.19.19 Reply

I love springtime so much! Such a cute outfit too! Can’t wait to visit Charleston 😉

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  4. Sarah wrote:

We went to Charleston for the first time on a Baby Moon in June and just loved it there! You look gorgeous!

Posted 3.19.19 Reply

We had a little peek at spring in VA as well recently, and it got me so excited! This ensemble is just perfect for the upcoming season!

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  6. kileen wrote:

Such a gorgeous outfit babe, and so perfect for Spring! Love the white dress with the denim skirt!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  7. Jamaria wrote:

So cute! I love how you styled this look! Xo

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  8. Laura wrote:

Oh this dress is super pretty! I love how you styled it! I love the bag with the scarf.

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  9. Torey wrote:

What a perfect spring outfit. I love it

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  10. lydia wrote:

Sounds like you just had the most perfect weather, and I love your little white dress. Your leopard scarf on the bag is darling as well.

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  11. Kelsey wrote:

So happy it’s finally warming up here in Charleston! The city is so pretty in the spring!

Posted 3.25.19 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50