Spring in Charleston

A few weekends ago when we were in Charleston we got a peek into spring weather.  The weather was mid-70s, the sun was shining, and everything was starting to bloom! It was the perfect quintessential spring day and we took full advantage of it! We ate outside at Poogan’s Porch with a mimosa in hand, we walked along the battery and Rainbow Row and did a bit of shopping on King Street! It made me so excited for warm spring days in North Carolina! With the official start of spring only one day away (can you believe it?!) I’m hoping the weather begins to warm up so I can pull out my dresses and sandals more often!

I received this little white dress right before the trip and decided to bring it along! It’s such a chic dress that can easily be dressed up or down with little effort! It reminds me a lot of one of my favorite go-to dresses but with a few extra details like there smocked waist and slits. I paired it with these cute block heels (that are only $35!), my go-to denim jacket and this fun crochet bag that I got for spring! I can’t wait until it warms up here so I can wear these pieces again!

dress | jacket | heels | bag | earrings | sunglasses

Shop the post

1. Cathy wrote:

Cute bag and loving this pretty white dress! Also love how you styled it all!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  2. rebecca piersol wrote:

This look has me dying for spring!!! Love the dress.

xx rebecca

Posted 3.19.19 Reply

I love springtime so much! Such a cute outfit too! Can’t wait to visit Charleston 😉

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  4. Sarah wrote:

We went to Charleston for the first time on a Baby Moon in June and just loved it there! You look gorgeous!

Posted 3.19.19 Reply

We had a little peek at spring in VA as well recently, and it got me so excited! This ensemble is just perfect for the upcoming season!

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  6. kileen wrote:

Such a gorgeous outfit babe, and so perfect for Spring! Love the white dress with the denim skirt!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  7. Jamaria wrote:

So cute! I love how you styled this look! Xo

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  8. Laura wrote:

Oh this dress is super pretty! I love how you styled it! I love the bag with the scarf.

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  9. Torey wrote:

What a perfect spring outfit. I love it

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  10. lydia wrote:

Sounds like you just had the most perfect weather, and I love your little white dress. Your leopard scarf on the bag is darling as well.

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  11. Kelsey wrote:

So happy it’s finally warming up here in Charleston! The city is so pretty in the spring!

Posted 3.25.19 Reply

• We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant