Spring in Charleston

A few weekends ago when we were in Charleston we got a peek into spring weather.  The weather was mid-70s, the sun was shining, and everything was starting to bloom! It was the perfect quintessential spring day and we took full advantage of it! We ate outside at Poogan’s Porch with a mimosa in hand, we walked along the battery and Rainbow Row and did a bit of shopping on King Street! It made me so excited for warm spring days in North Carolina! With the official start of spring only one day away (can you believe it?!) I’m hoping the weather begins to warm up so I can pull out my dresses and sandals more often!

I received this little white dress right before the trip and decided to bring it along! It’s such a chic dress that can easily be dressed up or down with little effort! It reminds me a lot of one of my favorite go-to dresses but with a few extra details like there smocked waist and slits. I paired it with these cute block heels (that are only $35!), my go-to denim jacket and this fun crochet bag that I got for spring! I can’t wait until it warms up here so I can wear these pieces again!

dress | jacket | heels | bag | earrings | sunglasses

Shop the post

1. Cathy wrote:

Cute bag and loving this pretty white dress! Also love how you styled it all!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  2. rebecca piersol wrote:

This look has me dying for spring!!! Love the dress.

xx rebecca

Posted 3.19.19 Reply

I love springtime so much! Such a cute outfit too! Can’t wait to visit Charleston 😉

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  4. Sarah wrote:

We went to Charleston for the first time on a Baby Moon in June and just loved it there! You look gorgeous!

Posted 3.19.19 Reply

We had a little peek at spring in VA as well recently, and it got me so excited! This ensemble is just perfect for the upcoming season!

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  6. kileen wrote:

Such a gorgeous outfit babe, and so perfect for Spring! Love the white dress with the denim skirt!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 3.19.19 Reply
  7. Jamaria wrote:

So cute! I love how you styled this look! Xo

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  8. Laura wrote:

Oh this dress is super pretty! I love how you styled it! I love the bag with the scarf.

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  9. Torey wrote:

What a perfect spring outfit. I love it

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  10. lydia wrote:

Sounds like you just had the most perfect weather, and I love your little white dress. Your leopard scarf on the bag is darling as well.

Posted 3.20.19 Reply
  11. Kelsey wrote:

So happy it’s finally warming up here in Charleston! The city is so pretty in the spring!

Posted 3.25.19 Reply

• It’s GENDER REVEAL day!💙👶🏻💕We’re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! I’m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think we’re having a BOY or GIRL?! 👶🏻
....
1. No morning sickness 💙
2. Chinese calendar says girl 💕
3. The ring test says boy 💙
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl 💕
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry💙
6. Pregnancy acne means girl💕
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately💙
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones💙
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so 💕or💙
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 💙
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says I’ve been a bit moody 🤣💕
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? 🧰
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) 🙌🏻
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & it’s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • It’s another rainy day here (we’re on day 7163 I’m pretty sure!) 💦 I’m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! 🌴 my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! 🌊 #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentine’s Day 💙 We’re celebrating our 10th Valentine’s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏻We’re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together🍴I love the life we have built together & can’t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad 🥰 p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! 😂 #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! 📖🕵🏼‍♀️This book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! 📚 Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder
  • 16 weeks with this sweet baby 💙💕 I’m sharing my first trimester recap and a Q&A (answering all your questions from stories!) on lifewithemilyblog.com. Dress linked here: http://liketk.it/2JVy1 #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder50 #16weeks #pregnant #werehavingababy #stylethebump #bumpstyle