Easy Spring Look – Pleated Shorts & a White Top

Last week I mentioned I was trying to add more colorful pieces into my wardrobe this spring and summer. I typically gravitate towards neutrals, but to be honest, it can get a bit boring… and no one wants boring! So in an effort to add more color to my closet I have been forcing myself out of my neutral comfort zone and ordering things that are colorful, but can still be worn with the neutral pieces in my closet. I feel like I have done a pretty good job of that so far – including this feminine printed skirt that I shared last week on the blog.

Well, last week I was returning something to Anthropologie when I saw these patchwork pleated shorts. I immediately fell in love – with the colors (colorful, yet still muted!), the pleated look & how effortless they were.  I scooped them up quickly and have already worn them twice on warm days! Last week I threw a lightweight sweater and denim jacket on with them, but I love this white top with them, too! I can already tell these easy, breezy shorts are going to be getting me through the next few warm months!

white top | shorts | bag | heels | earrings
WHITE BUTTON DOWN TOP | PATCHWORK PLEATED SHORTS | BLOCK HEEL SANDALS | STRAW CROSSBODY BAG | WOODEN EARRINGS (only $10!) | SUNGLASSES | DAVID YURMAN BRACELETS | GOLD BRACELET

1. Cathy wrote:

Cute spring look! I love the pretty print on your shorts!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  2. Danielle wrote:

Loving all of the fun prints on these shorts! Perfect with a chic white blouse.

xx, Danielle

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  3. Sarah L wrote:

Love these shorts! I feel ya – I am so bored of my neutral wardrobe adding some color always gets me excited when I open my closet doors!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  4. Caitlin Houston wrote:

Such an adorable outfit for spring. Absolutely love the print on those shorts!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  5. Jamaria Johnson wrote:

You look so cute! I am loving how you styled this look girl! xo

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  6. Tanvi wrote:

Those shorts are super cute. Perfect for warmer temperatures.

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  7. Laura wrote:

I love this outfit! The print on the shorts is so fun and the white blouse really makes it perfect for a date night!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  8. Totally thought this was a skirt. Love it even more now that I know they’re shorts!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  9. kileen wrote:

This is such a gorgeous pair of shorts! I love the color and the pattern, so pretty!

Kileen

Posted 4.3.19 Reply
  10. These are the cutest little shorts! I love how you styled them too. Such a cute, casual spring look!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 4.3.19 Reply
  11. Kelsey wrote:

Ah how cute are those shorts! so easy and breezy!!

Posted 4.4.19 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly