Easy Spring Look – Pleated Shorts & a White Top

Last week I mentioned I was trying to add more colorful pieces into my wardrobe this spring and summer. I typically gravitate towards neutrals, but to be honest, it can get a bit boring… and no one wants boring! So in an effort to add more color to my closet I have been forcing myself out of my neutral comfort zone and ordering things that are colorful, but can still be worn with the neutral pieces in my closet. I feel like I have done a pretty good job of that so far – including this feminine printed skirt that I shared last week on the blog.

Well, last week I was returning something to Anthropologie when I saw these patchwork pleated shorts. I immediately fell in love – with the colors (colorful, yet still muted!), the pleated look & how effortless they were.  I scooped them up quickly and have already worn them twice on warm days! Last week I threw a lightweight sweater and denim jacket on with them, but I love this white top with them, too! I can already tell these easy, breezy shorts are going to be getting me through the next few warm months!

white top | shorts | bag | heels | earrings
WHITE BUTTON DOWN TOP | PATCHWORK PLEATED SHORTS | BLOCK HEEL SANDALS | STRAW CROSSBODY BAG | WOODEN EARRINGS (only $10!) | SUNGLASSES | DAVID YURMAN BRACELETS | GOLD BRACELET

1. Cathy wrote:

Cute spring look! I love the pretty print on your shorts!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  2. Danielle wrote:

Loving all of the fun prints on these shorts! Perfect with a chic white blouse.

xx, Danielle

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  3. Sarah L wrote:

Love these shorts! I feel ya – I am so bored of my neutral wardrobe adding some color always gets me excited when I open my closet doors!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  4. Caitlin Houston wrote:

Such an adorable outfit for spring. Absolutely love the print on those shorts!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  5. Jamaria Johnson wrote:

You look so cute! I am loving how you styled this look girl! xo

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  6. Tanvi wrote:

Those shorts are super cute. Perfect for warmer temperatures.

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  7. Laura wrote:

I love this outfit! The print on the shorts is so fun and the white blouse really makes it perfect for a date night!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  8. Totally thought this was a skirt. Love it even more now that I know they’re shorts!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  9. kileen wrote:

This is such a gorgeous pair of shorts! I love the color and the pattern, so pretty!

Kileen

Posted 4.3.19 Reply
  10. These are the cutest little shorts! I love how you styled them too. Such a cute, casual spring look!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 4.3.19 Reply
  11. Kelsey wrote:

Ah how cute are those shorts! so easy and breezy!!

Posted 4.4.19 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50