Easy Spring Look – Pleated Shorts & a White Top

Last week I mentioned I was trying to add more colorful pieces into my wardrobe this spring and summer. I typically gravitate towards neutrals, but to be honest, it can get a bit boring… and no one wants boring! So in an effort to add more color to my closet I have been forcing myself out of my neutral comfort zone and ordering things that are colorful, but can still be worn with the neutral pieces in my closet. I feel like I have done a pretty good job of that so far – including this feminine printed skirt that I shared last week on the blog.

Well, last week I was returning something to Anthropologie when I saw these patchwork pleated shorts. I immediately fell in love – with the colors (colorful, yet still muted!), the pleated look & how effortless they were.  I scooped them up quickly and have already worn them twice on warm days! Last week I threw a lightweight sweater and denim jacket on with them, but I love this white top with them, too! I can already tell these easy, breezy shorts are going to be getting me through the next few warm months!

white top | shorts | bag | heels | earrings
WHITE BUTTON DOWN TOP | PATCHWORK PLEATED SHORTS | BLOCK HEEL SANDALS | STRAW CROSSBODY BAG | WOODEN EARRINGS (only $10!) | SUNGLASSES | DAVID YURMAN BRACELETS | GOLD BRACELET

1. Cathy wrote:

Cute spring look! I love the pretty print on your shorts!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  2. Danielle wrote:

Loving all of the fun prints on these shorts! Perfect with a chic white blouse.

xx, Danielle

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  3. Sarah L wrote:

Love these shorts! I feel ya – I am so bored of my neutral wardrobe adding some color always gets me excited when I open my closet doors!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  4. Caitlin Houston wrote:

Such an adorable outfit for spring. Absolutely love the print on those shorts!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  5. Jamaria Johnson wrote:

You look so cute! I am loving how you styled this look girl! xo

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  6. Tanvi wrote:

Those shorts are super cute. Perfect for warmer temperatures.

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  7. Laura wrote:

I love this outfit! The print on the shorts is so fun and the white blouse really makes it perfect for a date night!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  8. Totally thought this was a skirt. Love it even more now that I know they’re shorts!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  9. kileen wrote:

This is such a gorgeous pair of shorts! I love the color and the pattern, so pretty!

Kileen

Posted 4.3.19 Reply
  10. These are the cutest little shorts! I love how you styled them too. Such a cute, casual spring look!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 4.3.19 Reply
  11. Kelsey wrote:

Ah how cute are those shorts! so easy and breezy!!

Posted 4.4.19 Reply

• Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there 💙 Feeling extra thankful that I have two father figures in my life who have filled my life with unconditional love, support & advice anytime I need it! I come from a divorced, blended family & I constantly count my blessings that all 4 of my parents get along so well! 🥰 I know these holidays can be hard for some, so just know that I’m sending hugs to all that are struggling today!💕 #happyfathersday photos: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Happy Saturday y’all 💙made it home from Connecticut, but still reminiscing on the fun summer kickoff event that was hosted by @sailtosable, @jackrogersusa , @palmbeachlately & @monogrammary! 🥂 It was filled with all the summer essentials: rosé 🍾, mini 🍔& 🌭, sparklers ✨& of course cute 👗just waiting to be taken on vacation! Had the BEST time catching up with blog friends & meeting some new faces, too! Definitely one of the best parts of blogging is the community & the friends I have made through it! 📸: @juliadags #enwexplores #setsailsummer #sailtosable
Shop our outfits with the #linkinbio OR with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CzKr #liketkit
  • Puttin’ a little pep in my step this summer in the cutest sneakers 💙 these classic white @keds “ace” sneakers from @zappos are a go-to for summer travel & a pair perfectly with white jeans for a casual look! #ad #kedsstyle #zapposstyle shop this look at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2Cv2l
  • Happy Saturday, y’all! 🌸Sharing a snap from last weekend when the weather was ☀️for a fun shoot with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace! This weekend is rainy & gloomy, so I’m inside cuddling with Mr. Charlie and doing a bit of reading! What are y’all up to? 💙
Just a heads up this dress runs TTS & goes up to size 3x 👏🏻shop it at the link in bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cplt #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100
  • Can you believe the official start of summer is exactly 2 weeks away?! 👙🌊🍹I’m sharing my summer bucket list today on the blog (link in bio!) shop this look with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cnhz #liketkit #enwexplores #amazonfashion #amazonfashionfinds #brixtonhat #jcrew
  • Half way through the week and I am counting down the days until I’m twirling into the weekend!🙌🏻💃🏼 this dress is vacay approved because it’s twirl worthy AND wrinkle proof (it would even be great for a wedding!) shop this dress at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2ClCH #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek