Easy Spring Look – Pleated Shorts & a White Top

Last week I mentioned I was trying to add more colorful pieces into my wardrobe this spring and summer. I typically gravitate towards neutrals, but to be honest, it can get a bit boring… and no one wants boring! So in an effort to add more color to my closet I have been forcing myself out of my neutral comfort zone and ordering things that are colorful, but can still be worn with the neutral pieces in my closet. I feel like I have done a pretty good job of that so far – including this feminine printed skirt that I shared last week on the blog.

Well, last week I was returning something to Anthropologie when I saw these patchwork pleated shorts. I immediately fell in love – with the colors (colorful, yet still muted!), the pleated look & how effortless they were.  I scooped them up quickly and have already worn them twice on warm days! Last week I threw a lightweight sweater and denim jacket on with them, but I love this white top with them, too! I can already tell these easy, breezy shorts are going to be getting me through the next few warm months!

white top | shorts | bag | heels | earrings
WHITE BUTTON DOWN TOP | PATCHWORK PLEATED SHORTS | BLOCK HEEL SANDALS | STRAW CROSSBODY BAG | WOODEN EARRINGS (only $10!) | SUNGLASSES | DAVID YURMAN BRACELETS | GOLD BRACELET

1. Cathy wrote:

Cute spring look! I love the pretty print on your shorts!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  2. Danielle wrote:

Loving all of the fun prints on these shorts! Perfect with a chic white blouse.

xx, Danielle

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  3. Sarah L wrote:

Love these shorts! I feel ya – I am so bored of my neutral wardrobe adding some color always gets me excited when I open my closet doors!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  4. Caitlin Houston wrote:

Such an adorable outfit for spring. Absolutely love the print on those shorts!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  5. Jamaria Johnson wrote:

You look so cute! I am loving how you styled this look girl! xo

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  6. Tanvi wrote:

Those shorts are super cute. Perfect for warmer temperatures.

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  7. Laura wrote:

I love this outfit! The print on the shorts is so fun and the white blouse really makes it perfect for a date night!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  8. Totally thought this was a skirt. Love it even more now that I know they’re shorts!

Posted 4.2.19 Reply
  9. kileen wrote:

This is such a gorgeous pair of shorts! I love the color and the pattern, so pretty!

Kileen

Posted 4.3.19 Reply
  10. These are the cutest little shorts! I love how you styled them too. Such a cute, casual spring look!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 4.3.19 Reply
  11. Kelsey wrote:

Ah how cute are those shorts! so easy and breezy!!

Posted 4.4.19 Reply

• Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety
  • Cheers to 29 & the last year of my 20s! 🎉🥳🎈Looking forward to another year of fun, traveling & making a lot of memories! Chatting about my honest thoughts on getting older and sharing the things I want to do in my last year of my 20s today on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 feeling thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends & family! #cheersto29 #happybirthday
  • Last night of bein’ 28! 🥳Off to dinner @1618seafoodgrille with my fam before I turn 29!
My top, sunglasses, earrings, bag & shoes are 20-25% off! Shop everything here http://liketk.it/2B2Ma @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkunder100