Another month has come & gone, so I’m sharing my monthly recap. See all recaps here!
March came and went pretty quickly it seems! A lot of fun was had but this month was also frustrating in it’s own ways too! I started off the beginning of the month with a really bad knee injury. It had been sore off and on, so I had made sure to be extra careful with my workouts. Well, naturally, I injured it when doing something as basic as walking up the stairs (I mean, come on… not even a good story haha!) which led to a few different doctors appointments for it. A set of X-rays and a steroid shot later I was feeling better just in time to head to Charleston for the 14th annual Wine and Food Festival as part of a partnership with Toyota!I am a sucker for a good wine and food festival and Charleston’s blew me away. The level of detail was amazing, the food and drink brands that were there were top notch and overall it was a well-planned, fun time! I was honored to partner with Toyota on such a fun event and it was great to be able to test drive their new 2019 RAV4. As part of the campaign #ToyotaTravelEatRepeat we were encouraged to share certain things while in Charleston for a chance to win $1000 to a charity of your choice. I was THRILLED when I won and Toyota donated the money to the Humane Society of the Piedmont in my name. I love when brands do such wonderful things like that – very heartwarming!
What I’m looking forward to in April
It’s my birthday month!!!! I am turning 29 next week so I’m looking forward to that! It’s so weird to think that it’s the last year of my twenties, but I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in store. High Point Furniture Market starts today, so Nick and I are heading there over the next few days for events and meetings! It’s one of our favorite things to attend each year as buyers, plus it’s a lot of fun! We love getting to see the showrooms and gather inspiration!
Nothing really new on the home front this month. We did a bit fo spring cleaning and took eight bags of clothing and home items to be donated. It’s honestly crazy the amount of “stuff” we compile and it felt so good to give it to a place where others can benefit from it while also getting it out of our house! I also spent some time getting my two bookshelves organized and making them more functional. I feel like I’m constantly being sent books (or buying them!) so it’s always a work in progress with those shelves ha!
Books I read this month
This month was a great reading month for me in terms of the books I read. It wasn’t my largest reading month, but most of the titles I read were 4 or 5 star reads that I had been anticipating reading for a while! You can see them all in my March Reading List & Reviews post.
What I purchased
These denim shorts I love that they are longer and not a tight fit. They fun TTS.
These floral print shorts how fun is the print?!
A pair of white jeans I love these jeans so much that I grabbed them in white, too.
The cutest swimsuit coverup I mean, I can’t get over how cute it is… under only $21!
A pair of cork sandals I have them in two other colors – love the cork for summer!
As I mentioned above, I had a bad knee injury that prevented me from working out the entire month. I was super bummed because I felt like I had gotten into a really good routine of cardio and Obé Fitness classes. Even though I was anxious to continue working out, I listened to my body and took a break – although it affected me mentally. In the past week I have finally gotten back into doing some light cardio on the treadmill and it’s really helped get me back into a groove!
Favorite blog posts on Life with Emily
Easy Spring Look – Pleated Shorts and a White Top | such a fun spring look – love the shorts so much!
29 Spring Bags under $200 | There are so many great bags for spring in this roundup.
Spring in Charleston | Ready for warm weather to wear this dress & I’m already plotting a way to get back to CHS.
Favorite posts I read this month
Why Instagram Should Be Down More Often | Anyone freak out when IG was down earlier this month?! I wasn’t! Loved this article about IG being down and shifting priorities!
8 Self-Care Things To Try This Weekend | I think I’ll try a few of Jess’ tips this weekend!
Dealing with Rejection | Loved this post from Jess – so relatable
Current favorites on repeat
- BEAUTY: This cleanser by clean beauty brand, Nuria – it makes my face feel so refreshed and balanced (especially with the weird weather we’ve been having).
- CLOTHING: This white top – so easy to style different ways!
- TV SHOWS: We just finished up This Is Us and to be honest, I’m kind of at the point where I’m over it. Every week there’s so.much.drama. But will I still probably watch next season? Yes. I feel like we’re in that weird time where shows are ending and there’s a break before the summer shows come on. We’re watching Game of Thrones (I’ve seen a few seasons, Nick has seen none) and are almost on season three!
- PODCAST: Cold Podcast – Nick and I started this one on a road trip together so we haven’t listened to it all that often. We’re heading on a road trip next week, so we will be able to listen to a few episode then!
- AUDIOBOOK: I just finished two audiobooks recently and I’m having hard time deciding what to start next. I have a physical copy of Becoming but have heard it’s great on audio as well, so I may do a joint read-listen situation. I also may do the same with The Night Tiger, which is Reese Witherspoon’s April book club book!
- CURRENTLY READING: I am reading Between the Lies and The Lost Girls of Paris right now and I’m really enjoying both. Anytime I read two books at once I like to make sure they are different genres so I don’t get easily confused!