April 2019 Monthly Recap

Another month has come & gone, so it’s time for a monthly recap! You can see all recaps here.

Highlights

April was a fun-filled month with a lot of stuff on the calendar! The month started off with High Point Furniture Market! We always love going to gather inspiration and that’s exactly what we did! I came away with so many ideas, discovered new-to-me brands, and a phone filled with inspo pics! I love the furniture market, but it always makes me want to re-do everything ha!I also truly felt spoiled this month as I had birthday dinners with each side of our family and our friends throughout the month! Nick and I decided to head down to my parent’s beach house to celebrate my birthday.  We have done this the past few years and it’s always a fun, relaxing time. Towards the end of the month my dad and stepmom came up for the day to visit. We couldn’t have asked for more perfect weather. We headed to Green Valley Grill for brunch al fresco and it was wonderful! I ended the month by meeting Carrie Underwood (!!!) I’ll share more about that below!

What I’m looking forward to in May

Gosh, this month has already gotten a bit crazier than we were anticipating and it’s only just begun ha! We are heading on a fun trip with Royal Caribbean next week which we are both really, really looking forward to! I’ll be sharing it all on IG (followed by a recap here!) so be sure to stay tuned! It’s also Nick’s birthday month, so we have lots of celebrating to do!

Books I read this month

Honestly, this month was a bit of a “blah” reading month for me. There was only one stand out book, Miracle Creek, and I just found myself not really enjoying the other books I read. Luckily Miracle Creek and The Lost Girls of Paris got me out of my reading slump. I have already read two books this month and can’t wait to share my May reads with you. In the mean time you can see what I read in my April Reading List!

What I Purchased

The cutest ruffle hem dress How cute for date night or vacation?!
A great pair of neutral wedges These will seriously go with everything!
These gold flats I love these flats (and have them in a few colors) but love the updated gold!
A new phone case Mine had seen better days and was broken, so I grabbed this pretty one!
Packable sun hat This solves all my issues when bringing hats on vacation! Love that it’s open on the top for when my hair is up!

Fitness

tank top | sports bra | leggings

I am finally able to workout again after my knee injury back in March. I have still been pretty careful with the workouts I am doing, but I am so happy to be able to workout again! Perhaps the highlight of the month in terms of fitness was getting to meet Carrie Underwood! I was invited by the CALIA by Carrie team to check out the new spring collection and to do a workout with celebrity trainer, Eve Overland Fitness. As we were about to get started Carrie Underwood walked in to meet us and participate in the workout. SHOCKED is the only word that can use to describe that moment. She was so incredibly sweet. She chatted with the twelve of us about motherhood, life, and how hard her trainer works us! She also ended up giving us tickets to her show. It was certainly a surreal experience! Oh and she broke out into a song during out workout… TOO COOL!\

Favorite Posts on Life with Emily

The Most Used Apps on my Phone
Turning 29: What I Want to Do During my Last Year of my Twenties

Favorite Posts I Read this Month

The Biggest Pressure I Put on Myself as a Blogger | Ugh. I totally agree with Cathy here! I constantly feel like I’m having to keep up with the Joneses and it’s not good for me.
Which Beautycounter Face Oil is Best for Your Skin | I love my No. 1 oil, but I may try no. 2 next time around!
The Most Harmful Fabrics in Fashion | Jess has been such a great educational source for learning more about clean beauty, consumerism, etc. I really value what she has to say and this post was incredible eye-opening. I will be paying more attention to the tags in clothing I want to buy from now on.

Current Favorites on Repeat

• BEAUTY: The IT Cosmetics CC Cream – It’s always a favorite of mine, especially when the weather warms up and I don’t want to wear a ton of makeup. It has great coverage and the fact that it has SPF is a huge bonus.
  • CLOTHING: These denim shorts – so easy to throw on and wear them in a casual setting or dress them up a bit!
  • TV SHOWS: We’re still working through Game of Thrones. We are on season four (so behind!) but I forgot how good it is! I am looking forward to Southern Charm coming back on next week.
  • PODCAST: On the way to the beach we listened to Over my Dead Body after quite a few people suggested it & we loved it!
  • CURRENTLY READING: I just finished The Mother-in-Law and I think I’m about to start Meet Cute.

1. Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

Okay, I love the set up of this post! I think I also need that red dress because it’s perfect.

Posted 5.8.19 Reply
  2. Rach wrote:

I totally feel ya on May already feeling like so much is going on! That’s so fun that you celebrated your bday with both families! And I love the BC No.1 facial oil too!

Posted 5.8.19 Reply
  3. Laura S wrote:

I love the idea of a monthly recap. This is so great. I hope May is going well so far!

Posted 5.8.19 Reply
  4. Glad to hear you’re able to workout again! I also love IT’s CC cream!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 5.8.19 Reply
  5. Anna English wrote:

I’m totally checking out your reading list, I need a new book for my trip this month!

Posted 5.8.19 Reply
  6. This is such a great recap!! Can’t wait to hear how your trip is this month! Have a great time!!

Posted 5.8.19 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

Love this post babe! I’ve heard amazing reviews about IT cosmetics and their CC cream. Definitely need to try it out!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 5.9.19 Reply
  8. Jealous you’re heading on a cruise this month! AND you got to meet Carrie Underwood?! You’re on a role!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 5.9.19 Reply
  9. lyddiegal wrote:

Sounds like a great month – you can’t go wrong with multiple birthday celebrations! Loving your red floral dress, it’s so cute!
    Chic on the Cheap

Posted 5.10.19 Reply
  10. Sarah wrote:

Ok, I think I might need that red ruffle dress…its darling on you!

Posted 5.10.19 Reply
  11. Kelsey wrote:

Oh my goshhh so fun that you got to meet Carrie Underwood! She’s my fave!

Posted 5.13.19 Reply

• I think we’re officially in the “dog days of summer” here in NC 🥵It has been so hot & humid here lately that even leaving the house (and the AC!) seems like such a chore ha! 🍦I *think* I’m ready for fall now! Anyone else?! 🙋🏼‍♀️
P.s. it’s been radio silent around here due to unpacking, training our little pup & just trying to get our little fam into a new routine! 🤗🐶🐱👫🏡
  • Meet Avett Wilkinson 🐶 we added another four-legged friend to our family last weekend (yes, 24 hours after our move... we may be a bit crazy ha!) he is named after our love of @theavettbrothers & is an 8-week old #goldenretriever! 💙 We love this ball of floof more every single day! 🐶 #charlieandavett #avettsadventures
  • SOLD! 🏡 we are officially home owners! 📦🍾👏🏻We are SO excited for this new chapter in our lives & look forward to making this house feel like home 💙 Now, let’s get to unpacking, @nick_wilkinson1! #homeowners #weboughtahouse #firsttimehomeowner
  • A southern summer soirée 💙Last month I got together with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace to put on a southern garden party - complete with delightful desserts, gorgeous @draperjames, great company & the perfect southern backdrop, the gorgeous @mcalisterleftwich house! We had the best time - it was so nice to come together as strangers (well, internet friends!) & leave as friends 👯‍♀️ see more on lifewithemilyblog.com & shop our looks here: http://liketk.it/2CUlv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #draperjamesgirl #mydraperjames photos: @megantravisphotography
  • Calling all book nerds 📚🤓🙋🏼‍♀️ I’m chatting all about @bookofthemonth & why I love it today on the blog! 💙 I’ve been a BOTM member for 3 years now & cant say enough great things about it! Want to join?! DM me or read the post on lifewithemilyblog.com! Link to post in my bio & shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2CRXS #enwreads #bookstagram #bookofthemonth #botm #botmclub
  • It’s Friday! 🎉 anyone else so ready for the weekend?! It has been rainy here *all week long* so I’m hoping for better weather ☀️ p.s. I shared a travel diary from my recent trip with @royalcaribbean on #navigatoriftheseas (link in profile!) #perfectdayatcococay #enwexplores #comeseek
Shop this look at the link in bio OR with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CISq #liketkit #LTKtravel #ltkunder50 #ltkunder100 #amazon #amazonfashion