Warm Weather Wants

The weather here is hot-hot-hot and it’s making me crave getaway! No matter if your calendar is filled this summer with beach getaways and pool days, or you just want to look chic while trying to beat the heat, I’ve got you covered with these warm weather wants in today’s post! I have been loving bright colors and a mix of closet classics lately and I think this collage reflects exactly the items I have been loving!

I hope y’all have a great weekend! Any fun plans?! Nick has been traveling from work and comes home late tonight, so I plan on relaxing until he gets home. Tomorrow I have a fun styled shoot planned with Draper James that I can’t wait to show y’all! It’s going to be suppper cute. 🙂

1. PRINTED KIMONO | I have been loving kimonos lately! They are so easy to throw on with any outfit. This one can even double as a swim coverup.
  2. STRIPED BEACH TOWEL | I have this beach towel and I firmly believe it’s one of the best! It’s thick and the colorful stripes always help me identify my spot on the beach haha! 🙂
  3. STRAPPY LEOPARD PRINT SANDALS | I couldn’t be more obsessed with these! They are the cutest and would go with everything from shorts to sun dresses.
  4. ROUND TOTE | I always love using these rattan style bags in the summer!
  5. OVERSIZED FLOPPY HAT | I am never without a hat when I’m at the pool or beach. I love how large this one is to protect my face and chest from the sun.
  6. STRIPED MIDI SKIRT | This skirt is so breezy and would be a cute paired with a tank and sandals in the warm months.
  7. BLUSH STATEMENT EARRINGS | I think these earrings are adorable!
  8. BLUSH LINK NECKLACE | This lightweight necklace would look great with so many outfits this summer. It’s such an easy accessory to add to an outfit.
  9. WHITE EYELET MIDI DRESS | I am a sucker for white dresses in the summer and this one is calling my name! I am obsessed with it!
  10. LILAC SWIMSUIT TOP | I love a good basic swimsuit top and this color is gorg.
  11. LILAC SWIMSUIT BOTTOM | I love that this brand is making swim now! Thank goodness for a full coverage bottom haha!
  12. STRIPED SCARF | I know, not what you were expecting to see in a warm weather wants roundup right?! I like wearing scarves, like this one,  in the summer when I know I’m going to be in a restaurant or a store where the AC is blasting!
  13. CACTUS FLOAT | Nothing better an ultra fun float for a pool day!
  14. BLUE & TAN STRIPED SHORTS | These are a great alternative to wearing denim shorts and these are so darn cute.
  15. TEXTURED SLIDES | These just scream nautical to me! I love the rope detailing.
  16. LEOPARD ESPADRILLES | *insert heart eye emoji* because these are PERFECT! I am in love with these and they would get so much wear, even into fall!
  17. BLUE BEADED STATEMENT EARRINGS | I ordered these recently and cannot wait to wear them! They would be great with casual or more dressy outfits.
  18. PALM PRINT COSMETIC BAG | I like having these type of bags in my larger bags (or pool bag) to keep things a bit more organized.
  19. TORTOISE CAT EYE SUNGLASSES | You can never have enough pairs of sunglasses (in my opinion at least ha!) I like having a few cheaper options for when I’m at the beach or pool.
  20. COLORFUL STRIPED TANK | I stumbled upon this top when searching for something and thought it was SO adorable! I ordered it and can’t wait to wear it. I think it would be perfect with white jeans or shorts.
  21. COLORFUL CORAL TASSEL EARRINGS | These were also in a recent order and I can’t wait to wear them soon.
  22. GOLD KNOT SANDALS | The knot detail on these sandals are sooo cute. These are a great basic summer sandal that would go with a lot.
  23. PLAID POOL BAG | I scooped this bag up recently for pool & beach days and can’t wait to get it in! I like that it has short straps and a long strap for carrying.

1. madison wrote:

These gold knot sandals are perfect for days by the pool!

xo,
    Madison

Posted 5.31.19 Reply
  2. Rach wrote:

These are the cutest summer picks! I love that white dress!

Posted 5.31.19 Reply
  3. I need that cactus float! Such great summer essentials!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 5.31.19 Reply
  4. Lizzie wrote:

Sooo many cute things! I totally want that cactus pool float lol! Its adorable!

Lizzie

Posted 5.31.19 Reply
  5. Jessica wrote:

I have always been a fan of leopard, and those leopard sandals are so cute! I definitely need those!

Posted 5.31.19 Reply
  6. The cactus pool float is so fun!

Posted 6.2.19 Reply
  7. I would pair #3 and #9 together in a heartbeat .. loving both of those!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 6.3.19 Reply

I’ll take one of each, please and thanks! Your style is to die for, girly! I love everything on this wishlist.

Posted 6.3.19 Reply
  9. Love it all!! But Especially love those leopard espadrilles!

Posted 6.3.19 Reply
  10. Anna English wrote:

You always find the cutest things! I have the leopard espadrilles, love them.

Posted 6.5.19 Reply
  11. Ciera Chang wrote:

I’m obsessed with all your summer picks! I love all things cacti, palm print and stripes 🙌🏼

Posted 6.7.19 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50