May is over, so it’s time for my monthly recap! You can see all monthly recaps here.
Whew this month absolutely flew by! May had a lot going on both in our personal lives & work lives- I feel like we spent most of the month like chickens with our heads cut off haha! At the beginning of May my mom and I headed to a local book sale together. It’s something we do every year together and we always have the best time. We walked out with so many books this year! I get my love of reading from my mom, so I’m glad we get to attend that sale together. Here’s a peek at some of the books I got from the sale.
Mid-month Nick and I boarded the newly amplified Navigator of the Seas for a fun trip with Royal Caribbean! I’ll be sharing a full post on our trip next week, but we had the BEST time. We got to explore their newest island, Perfect Day at CocoCay and it was, well, perfect! The evening we got back to NC we headed to the Greensboro Children’s Museum Gala. It’s one of our favorite local events to attend each year. We met up with friends and had a great time!
Books I read this month
In April I felt like I was in a bit of a reading slump. I read a few “ehh” books in a row in April, but my May reads totally got me out of that slump! My favorites from this month were The Mother-In-Law, Meet Cute & The Bride Test. My May reading list has reviews for those & you can follow along on my bookstagram IG page, too! It’s ALL things books!
What I purchased
-This cute basket from Serena & Lily! I think it will be a great decorative piece to have to store blankets!
-A colorful beach bag that can hold all the essentials.
-A fun pair of leopard print heels. I am (not so) patiently waiting for them to arrive!
-The cutest swimsuit coverup that I am obsessed with!
Favorite blog posts on Life with Emily
Favorite posts I read this month
-Jessica’s New York City Guide has me wanting to take a trip back to the city ASAP!
-Shelby’s May Beauty Favorites are SO good! I need to pop into Sephora ASAP!
-I loved reading Cathy’s take on the pressure she feels as a fashion blogger! I have had a post like this in my draft for a while… may have to hit PUBLISH soon!
-This dreamy tablescape & event by my friend Kristin has me wanting to escape to Kiawah Island!
-Great post by Elle about maintaining friendships – so important no matter how old you are!
Current favorites on repeat
- BEAUTY: This toner by Laneige. A friend told me about it & I am obsessed! It makes my skin feel SO nice and even.
- CLOTHING: I have worn this kimono non-stop lately, along with these denim shorts! Such an easy summer outfit.
- TV SHOWS: We are so excited because Below Deck Med is back on! We are are also still loving Southern Charm. The drama is just crazy – we can’t look away!
- PODCAST: I just finished The Root of Evil and I think I am still in shock… so so good! Now I want to watch the TV show called I Am the Night. I recently started Bear Brook and am really enjoying that one so far, too!
- AUDIOBIOOK: I’m listening to A Woman is No Man right now. It came highly recommended from a friend, so I downloaded that on Audible! I am so far behind on my TBR pile that I didn’t want to order another book so I’m happy to be listening to this one.
- CURRENTLY READING: I am almost finished with Red, White & Royal Blue! It’s such a cute book & it’ll be in my June review.