My Summer 2019 Bucket List

It’s hard to believe the official start to summer is right around the corner! Well, actually it’s not that hard to believe considering we have been experiencing 90 degree days for about a month now! Last year I created a summer bucket list & I really enjoyed sharing it (and hearing what you all had planned!) so I thought I would do it again this year! Summer is always a bit hectic and this summer seems to be just the same, but I’m looking forward to a lot of fun this summer. I would love to hear what you have planned for summer in the comments!

hat | swimsuit coverup | swimsuit

My summer bucket list

1. GO TO A BASEBALL GAME | We have a local baseball team & we always love going to a few games throughout the season.
  2. READ 30 BOOKS | Although this summer is going to be very busy, I still want to make time to read. There are some amazing books out this summer, so I want to make sure I can read those!
  3. TRAVEL TO A NEW PLACE | Summer trips are my favorite! I would love to head somewhere new even if it’s just for a quick trip this summer.
  4. TAKE MORE WALKS | We have so many beautiful trails and parks in our area and I would like to take advantage of those!
  5. HEAD TO THE FARMER’S MARKET | Our farmer’s market is so great – filled with local, organic produce, flowers & finds! We didn’t make it to the market last summer, but definitely want to make it a point to get there this year.
  6. SPEND A FEW DAYS AT THE BEACH | My parents have a beach house and we don’t take advantage of it enough! My sister is living at the beach this summer, so I would like to get down there and relax by the pool and hang at the beach!
  7. TRY A FEW NEW SUMMER RECIPES | Nick and I love cooking and have a long list of items we want to try making! Count me in for pasta salads, grilling, & new cocktails!
  8. TAKE A TRIP WITH OUR COUPLE FRIENDS | Most of our close friends live in different areas (NC, SC, MD, DC, etc.) so it takes some planning for us to all get together. This summer I want to plan a trip so we can all get together for a weekend of fun! We did this last summer and had a BLAST!
  9. HEAD TO THE LAKE FOR A WEEKEND | We love going to the lake and relaxing. We go to High Rock Lake where there’s no cell service, so all you can do is have fun & unwind!
  10. TAKE A SOCIAL MEDIA DETOX | I am on my phone far too often. One weekend I want to take a social media detox. Stay off my phone and be fully in the moment!

What are your summer plans?!

Shop the post

1. Renee wrote:

This is a great bucket list! ‘d love to go to a few baseball games on the summer nights (more enjoyable). I’d love to go to the beach a few days over the weekends, it would be nice!

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  2. Carrington Barfield wrote:

These are gorgeous pics, looks so relaxing and serene. I love your bucket list for the summer! 30 books is quite an undertaking, I admire you! I’m currently working on finishing up my MBA so I don’t have much time for pleasure reading, but looking forward to hearing what books you read and saving them for after my class is over!

Xx, C

Posted 6.6.19 Reply

I love your entire list! I have many of these on mine too!

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  4. I’m gonna take your lead on creating a summer bucket list! And probably including most of the same things haha … a lake day and going to a baseball game sound so fun!

-Morgan

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  5. tanviidotcom wrote:

I love this list … I would like to achieve a lot that you have mentioned too.

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  6. Cathy wrote:

I love this summer bucket list! I am all for as many beach days as possible!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  7. Super good bucket list! I have a lot of these same things on mine! xo

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  8. Laura S wrote:

I am definitely putting some of these on my own bucket list. I need to be more intentional with my summers. Our kiddos are only so little for so long and using these to make memories is so smart!

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  9. kileen wrote:

Love your summer bucket list!! I want to do a social media detox as well!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 6.7.19 Reply

These sound like such fun ideas for the summertime. You’re going to have one spectacular season if you get to make them all happen!

Posted 6.7.19 Reply
  11. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

This is a great Summer bucket list!! We are going into Winter here in South Africa, although we live in a very warm climate so life doesn’t change too much x

Posted 6.10.19 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

I have to say all of these are on my list too! Especially taking more walks!

Posted 6.13.19 Reply

• There’s still a few hours to shop @serenaandlily’s 25% off sale! 🎉 It’s a great time to get home gifts for those you love (and maybe a few items for yourself, too!) I grabbed a few sets of these coaster sets to give as gifts this holiday season! 💙 Shop the coasters, tray & a few other SL products I own and love here: http://liketk.it/2HMdm @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkhome #serenaandlily #slpartner #giftidea #homedecor #homegifts
  • Our 2019 holiday cards arrived from @zola & we love them! ❤️ we went with simple this year (and even used a self-timer to take the pic!) and the customization process with Zola was incredibly simple as well! 🙌🏻 you can get your holiday cards 50% off with code ZOLAHOLIDAY50 🙌🏻✨🎄#Zola #zolaholiday #christmascards
  • ‘Tis the season!🎄hope you all had a great holiday yesterday! I’m now in full Christmas mode (let’s be real, our house has been decorated for a few weeks now haha!) ✨ we got a second tree this year & I’m so in love with our @kingofchristmas flocked tree! Get a discount with code EmilyNWilkinson 💙 shop everything here (my top & jeans are on sale!) http://liketk.it/2Hz62 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKholidayathome #blackfriday #holidaydecor #kingofchristmas #blackfridaysale #abercrombiestyle #christmasdecor
  • Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving from our family (+ Charlie, not pictured!) to yours! Love, the Wilkinsons 💙 thankful for all of you, all of the friendships made & all that’s to come! #thanksgiving #happythanksgiving #goldenretrieverpuppy
  • Happy Thanksgiving Eve! ❤️ spending the evening prepping for our first Thanksgiving in our home! Right now we’re taking a break and watching #acharliebrownthanksgiving! 🦃 no matter how old we are, it’s a tradition we both grew up with & enjoy! Hope y’all have a great day with family tomorrow - thankful for you alllll! 😘 p.s. my sweater & blazer are 40% off right now! Shop it here: http://liketk.it/2HtCH photo: @morgansmythephotography @liketoknow.it #liketkit #happythanksgiving #thanksgivingoutfit #thanksgivingflowers #talbots #blackfridaysale #blackfridaysales
  • Happy Thanksgiving Week! 🦃 I’m looking forward to spending time with family & eating alllll the food! 😋 if you’re looking for gifts for the person who loves to entertain or the host of a holiday party I have a comprehensive gift guide live on the blog, including this chic personalized wine tote from @barringtongifts! 🍷 shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2HmTy @liketoknow.it #liketkit #barringtongifts #winetote #hostessgift #giftideasforher #familygiftideas #giftguide #barrington