It’s hard to believe the official start to summer is right around the corner! Well, actually it’s not that hard to believe considering we have been experiencing 90 degree days for about a month now! Last year I created a summer bucket list & I really enjoyed sharing it (and hearing what you all had planned!) so I thought I would do it again this year! Summer is always a bit hectic and this summer seems to be just the same, but I’m looking forward to a lot of fun this summer. I would love to hear what you have planned for summer in the comments!
My summer bucket list
- GO TO A BASEBALL GAME | We have a local baseball team & we always love going to a few games throughout the season.
- READ 30 BOOKS | Although this summer is going to be very busy, I still want to make time to read. There are some amazing books out this summer, so I want to make sure I can read those!
- TRAVEL TO A NEW PLACE | Summer trips are my favorite! I would love to head somewhere new even if it’s just for a quick trip this summer.
- TAKE MORE WALKS | We have so many beautiful trails and parks in our area and I would like to take advantage of those!
- HEAD TO THE FARMER’S MARKET | Our farmer’s market is so great – filled with local, organic produce, flowers & finds! We didn’t make it to the market last summer, but definitely want to make it a point to get there this year.
- SPEND A FEW DAYS AT THE BEACH | My parents have a beach house and we don’t take advantage of it enough! My sister is living at the beach this summer, so I would like to get down there and relax by the pool and hang at the beach!
- TRY A FEW NEW SUMMER RECIPES | Nick and I love cooking and have a long list of items we want to try making! Count me in for pasta salads, grilling, & new cocktails!
- TAKE A TRIP WITH OUR COUPLE FRIENDS | Most of our close friends live in different areas (NC, SC, MD, DC, etc.) so it takes some planning for us to all get together. This summer I want to plan a trip so we can all get together for a weekend of fun! We did this last summer and had a BLAST!
- HEAD TO THE LAKE FOR A WEEKEND | We love going to the lake and relaxing. We go to High Rock Lake where there’s no cell service, so all you can do is have fun & unwind!
- TAKE A SOCIAL MEDIA DETOX | I am on my phone far too often. One weekend I want to take a social media detox. Stay off my phone and be fully in the moment!