My Summer 2019 Bucket List

It’s hard to believe the official start to summer is right around the corner! Well, actually it’s not that hard to believe considering we have been experiencing 90 degree days for about a month now! Last year I created a summer bucket list & I really enjoyed sharing it (and hearing what you all had planned!) so I thought I would do it again this year! Summer is always a bit hectic and this summer seems to be just the same, but I’m looking forward to a lot of fun this summer. I would love to hear what you have planned for summer in the comments!

hat | swimsuit coverup | swimsuit

My summer bucket list

1. GO TO A BASEBALL GAME | We have a local baseball team & we always love going to a few games throughout the season.
  2. READ 30 BOOKS | Although this summer is going to be very busy, I still want to make time to read. There are some amazing books out this summer, so I want to make sure I can read those!
  3. TRAVEL TO A NEW PLACE | Summer trips are my favorite! I would love to head somewhere new even if it’s just for a quick trip this summer.
  4. TAKE MORE WALKS | We have so many beautiful trails and parks in our area and I would like to take advantage of those!
  5. HEAD TO THE FARMER’S MARKET | Our farmer’s market is so great – filled with local, organic produce, flowers & finds! We didn’t make it to the market last summer, but definitely want to make it a point to get there this year.
  6. SPEND A FEW DAYS AT THE BEACH | My parents have a beach house and we don’t take advantage of it enough! My sister is living at the beach this summer, so I would like to get down there and relax by the pool and hang at the beach!
  7. TRY A FEW NEW SUMMER RECIPES | Nick and I love cooking and have a long list of items we want to try making! Count me in for pasta salads, grilling, & new cocktails!
  8. TAKE A TRIP WITH OUR COUPLE FRIENDS | Most of our close friends live in different areas (NC, SC, MD, DC, etc.) so it takes some planning for us to all get together. This summer I want to plan a trip so we can all get together for a weekend of fun! We did this last summer and had a BLAST!
  9. HEAD TO THE LAKE FOR A WEEKEND | We love going to the lake and relaxing. We go to High Rock Lake where there’s no cell service, so all you can do is have fun & unwind!
  10. TAKE A SOCIAL MEDIA DETOX | I am on my phone far too often. One weekend I want to take a social media detox. Stay off my phone and be fully in the moment!

What are your summer plans?!

Shop the post

1. Renee wrote:

This is a great bucket list! ‘d love to go to a few baseball games on the summer nights (more enjoyable). I’d love to go to the beach a few days over the weekends, it would be nice!

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  2. Carrington Barfield wrote:

These are gorgeous pics, looks so relaxing and serene. I love your bucket list for the summer! 30 books is quite an undertaking, I admire you! I’m currently working on finishing up my MBA so I don’t have much time for pleasure reading, but looking forward to hearing what books you read and saving them for after my class is over!

Xx, C

Posted 6.6.19 Reply

I love your entire list! I have many of these on mine too!

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  4. I’m gonna take your lead on creating a summer bucket list! And probably including most of the same things haha … a lake day and going to a baseball game sound so fun!

-Morgan

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  5. tanviidotcom wrote:

I love this list … I would like to achieve a lot that you have mentioned too.

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  6. Cathy wrote:

I love this summer bucket list! I am all for as many beach days as possible!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  7. Super good bucket list! I have a lot of these same things on mine! xo

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  8. Laura S wrote:

I am definitely putting some of these on my own bucket list. I need to be more intentional with my summers. Our kiddos are only so little for so long and using these to make memories is so smart!

Posted 6.6.19 Reply
  9. kileen wrote:

Love your summer bucket list!! I want to do a social media detox as well!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 6.7.19 Reply

These sound like such fun ideas for the summertime. You’re going to have one spectacular season if you get to make them all happen!

Posted 6.7.19 Reply
  11. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

This is a great Summer bucket list!! We are going into Winter here in South Africa, although we live in a very warm climate so life doesn’t change too much x

Posted 6.10.19 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

I have to say all of these are on my list too! Especially taking more walks!

Posted 6.13.19 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50