What I Keep in My Pool Bag

Summer is officially here, although it has felt like summer here in North Carolina since about May! Throughout the summer months we always spend a decent amount of time at the pool and by the beach, so I always have my bag packed and ready with the essentials. Even though we don’t have as many pool or beach days planned this year, I thought it would still be fun to share what I typically keep in my pool bag! I would love to hear what you keep in your pool/beach bag in the comments below!

woven tote | hat | The Friend Zone

my pool bag

I saw this colorful woven tote about a month ago and thought it was the perfect pool and beach bag! It’s under $50 (and comes in a B&W gingham!) and can hold all of the essentials and more! One of my favorite features is that it not only has top handles it also has optional shoulder straps inside in case you need them! I have a few bags I rotate out for the pool/beach and my favorites are this woven bag, my Land’s End tote & my Mar Y Sol bag! I particularly like bags that have extra space or added pockets in the bag. The one thing I am never without is a book! Ultimately this is always the thing I struggle with most when packing my pool bag – which book to bring! I usually end up bringing two juuuust in case! I recently finished up reading The Friend Zone and really enjoyed it! It will be in my next reading list! I recently discovered Poof by Supergoop and it has been a game changer for me anytime I am outdoors! I have a really sensitive scalp since I have blonde hair and it burns SO easily! I have never found a great solution for keeping my part protected from the sun until now! All you do is spray it on your hair part and it keeps it protected with SPF 45!I try to use sunscreen every single day, even when I’m not going to the pool. I always keep a few spares in my pool bag and try to liberally apply sunscreen every few hours. I recently tried Coola sunscreen and have really liked them so far. I have tried out the SPF 30 classic body sunscreen, the SPF 30 mineral silk creme, and the SPF 50 mineral sunscreen. This has a clean seal at Sephora, so it doesn’t have parabens, sulfates, and has less than 1% of synthetic fragrances. I have been trying to slowly transition into more clean beauty and sunscreen is a great step for the summer!I also never head to the pool without my wet detangling brush to keep the tangles at bay! My hair can quickly turn into a tangled mess after playing in the pool – so having my wet brush on hand helps to prevent a mess of tangles later!

swimsuit | coverup | hat

Get 17% off Hermoza (where my swimsuit and coverup are from!) with code WILK

what do you always keep in your pool or beach bag?

1. Lizzie wrote:

What a cute tote bag! Love all of your pool time essentials too!

Lizzie

Posted 6.24.19 Reply
  2. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Love this! I always keep a spray sunscreen and a book to read!

Posted 6.24.19 Reply
  3. You’ve got all the essential covered here! I wish I lived near a pool. I love a good pool day!

Posted 6.24.19 Reply
  4. Amanda wrote:

Omg I am loving that plaid tote! I think I might snatch it up in the black and white

Posted 6.24.19 Reply
  5. Megan wrote:

It sounds like you’re always prepared! I never forget to bring a book to the pool. I love to sit outside, relax, and read.

Posted 6.25.19 Reply
  6. I looove goop sunscreen! These pics are so fun!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 6.25.19 Reply
  7. Hillary wrote:

This is such a fun post! I love that colorful bag – the perfect pool bag!

Posted 6.25.19 Reply
  8. Jasmine wrote:

I have to have a good book, sunscreen, water and sunnies.

Posted 6.26.19 Reply
  9. Love the tote! Also, I really want to try POOF now! Thanks so much for sharing x

Posted 7.1.19 Reply

• There’s still a few hours to shop @serenaandlily’s 25% off sale! 🎉 It’s a great time to get home gifts for those you love (and maybe a few items for yourself, too!) I grabbed a few sets of these coaster sets to give as gifts this holiday season! 💙 Shop the coasters, tray & a few other SL products I own and love here: http://liketk.it/2HMdm @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkhome #serenaandlily #slpartner #giftidea #homedecor #homegifts
  • Our 2019 holiday cards arrived from @zola & we love them! ❤️ we went with simple this year (and even used a self-timer to take the pic!) and the customization process with Zola was incredibly simple as well! 🙌🏻 you can get your holiday cards 50% off with code ZOLAHOLIDAY50 🙌🏻✨🎄#Zola #zolaholiday #christmascards
  • ‘Tis the season!🎄hope you all had a great holiday yesterday! I’m now in full Christmas mode (let’s be real, our house has been decorated for a few weeks now haha!) ✨ we got a second tree this year & I’m so in love with our @kingofchristmas flocked tree! Get a discount with code EmilyNWilkinson 💙 shop everything here (my top & jeans are on sale!) http://liketk.it/2Hz62 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKholidayathome #blackfriday #holidaydecor #kingofchristmas #blackfridaysale #abercrombiestyle #christmasdecor
  • Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving from our family (+ Charlie, not pictured!) to yours! Love, the Wilkinsons 💙 thankful for all of you, all of the friendships made & all that’s to come! #thanksgiving #happythanksgiving #goldenretrieverpuppy
  • Happy Thanksgiving Eve! ❤️ spending the evening prepping for our first Thanksgiving in our home! Right now we’re taking a break and watching #acharliebrownthanksgiving! 🦃 no matter how old we are, it’s a tradition we both grew up with & enjoy! Hope y’all have a great day with family tomorrow - thankful for you alllll! 😘 p.s. my sweater & blazer are 40% off right now! Shop it here: http://liketk.it/2HtCH photo: @morgansmythephotography @liketoknow.it #liketkit #happythanksgiving #thanksgivingoutfit #thanksgivingflowers #talbots #blackfridaysale #blackfridaysales
  • Happy Thanksgiving Week! 🦃 I’m looking forward to spending time with family & eating alllll the food! 😋 if you’re looking for gifts for the person who loves to entertain or the host of a holiday party I have a comprehensive gift guide live on the blog, including this chic personalized wine tote from @barringtongifts! 🍷 shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2HmTy @liketoknow.it #liketkit #barringtongifts #winetote #hostessgift #giftideasforher #familygiftideas #giftguide #barrington