What I Keep in My Pool Bag

Summer is officially here, although it has felt like summer here in North Carolina since about May! Throughout the summer months we always spend a decent amount of time at the pool and by the beach, so I always have my bag packed and ready with the essentials. Even though we don’t have as many pool or beach days planned this year, I thought it would still be fun to share what I typically keep in my pool bag! I would love to hear what you keep in your pool/beach bag in the comments below!

woven tote | hat | The Friend Zone

my pool bag

I saw this colorful woven tote about a month ago and thought it was the perfect pool and beach bag! It’s under $50 (and comes in a B&W gingham!) and can hold all of the essentials and more! One of my favorite features is that it not only has top handles it also has optional shoulder straps inside in case you need them! I have a few bags I rotate out for the pool/beach and my favorites are this woven bag, my Land’s End tote & my Mar Y Sol bag! I particularly like bags that have extra space or added pockets in the bag. The one thing I am never without is a book! Ultimately this is always the thing I struggle with most when packing my pool bag – which book to bring! I usually end up bringing two juuuust in case! I recently finished up reading The Friend Zone and really enjoyed it! It will be in my next reading list! I recently discovered Poof by Supergoop and it has been a game changer for me anytime I am outdoors! I have a really sensitive scalp since I have blonde hair and it burns SO easily! I have never found a great solution for keeping my part protected from the sun until now! All you do is spray it on your hair part and it keeps it protected with SPF 45!I try to use sunscreen every single day, even when I’m not going to the pool. I always keep a few spares in my pool bag and try to liberally apply sunscreen every few hours. I recently tried Coola sunscreen and have really liked them so far. I have tried out the SPF 30 classic body sunscreen, the SPF 30 mineral silk creme, and the SPF 50 mineral sunscreen. This has a clean seal at Sephora, so it doesn’t have parabens, sulfates, and has less than 1% of synthetic fragrances. I have been trying to slowly transition into more clean beauty and sunscreen is a great step for the summer!I also never head to the pool without my wet detangling brush to keep the tangles at bay! My hair can quickly turn into a tangled mess after playing in the pool – so having my wet brush on hand helps to prevent a mess of tangles later!

swimsuit | coverup | hat

Get 17% off Hermoza (where my swimsuit and coverup are from!) with code WILK

what do you always keep in your pool or beach bag?

1. Lizzie wrote:

What a cute tote bag! Love all of your pool time essentials too!

Lizzie

Posted 6.24.19 Reply
  2. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Love this! I always keep a spray sunscreen and a book to read!

Posted 6.24.19 Reply
  3. You’ve got all the essential covered here! I wish I lived near a pool. I love a good pool day!

Posted 6.24.19 Reply
  4. Amanda wrote:

Omg I am loving that plaid tote! I think I might snatch it up in the black and white

Posted 6.24.19 Reply
  5. Megan wrote:

It sounds like you’re always prepared! I never forget to bring a book to the pool. I love to sit outside, relax, and read.

Posted 6.25.19 Reply
  6. I looove goop sunscreen! These pics are so fun!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 6.25.19 Reply
  7. Hillary wrote:

This is such a fun post! I love that colorful bag – the perfect pool bag!

Posted 6.25.19 Reply
  8. Jasmine wrote:

I have to have a good book, sunscreen, water and sunnies.

Posted 6.26.19 Reply
  9. Love the tote! Also, I really want to try POOF now! Thanks so much for sharing x

Posted 7.1.19 Reply

• Happy Friday, y'all! We are getting a peek of fall here (before it goes back to high 80s...ugh!) and I'm taking full advantage by pulling out some of my pre-fall items, like these @sofftshoes booties from @zappos, this cozy thermal & my new fall bag! 🙌🏻 These Tilton booties are the perfect taupe color & are extremely comfortable, making them perfect for long-day wear. Hope you have a great weekend! 💙 I'm off to enjoy this weather while it lasts! Outfit details at the link in bio [ad] #gotitonzappos #perfectlysofft #falloutfits #falloutfit
  • Chatting all about my favorite places to order personalized items, whether it’s a gift for you, a bridal party or for the holidays! 💙 I recently discovered @stoneyclover & it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with all the fun pouches & personalized patches! These would be fun bridal or bachelorette gifts! 🙌🏻 Shop my favorites here: http://liketk.it/2F0ar @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKitbag #stoneycloverlane #stoneyclover #madewell
  • Back in business 🙌🏻 I *finally* feel like a human again after getting my computer back from Apple after a week away! 💻 You never realize just how much you rely on your computer until you are without it! I spent the week going totally stir crazy - but I DID get quite a bit of reading in 😂 now it’s time to play catch up! 👩🏼‍💻 hope y’all are having a great week! 💙http://liketk.it/2EQYT #riflepaperco #airpods
  • It's a rainy day here, so it’s a good day to curl up with a good book! 💙📚If you're looking for a book to add to your list, make it #AmericanRoyals that's out *now* 🙌🏻 If you're a fan of anything royal-related, you're sure to love it! 👸🏻It's an unputdownable books that's the perfect mix of gossip girl meets royalty - including scandals and family drama all wrapped into one book! Link in my IG stories to order! @getunderlined @katharinemcgee #enwreads #bookreview #getunderlined [ad]
  • It’s hard to believe it’s already September & summer is coming to an end 💙 I’m sharing my most-worn summer items on lifewithemilyblog.com, including all the pieces in the pic! Shop this look at the link in bio http://liketk.it/2EGou @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKitbag #carryyourday #everydaymadewell  #agolde
  • Cheers to a new (short) week! 🎉 Hope y’all had a great Labor Day weekend! 💙 We did lots of work around the house (thanks to the huge help of my dad!) & we got around to painting our front door today - see IG stories for the final result! 🚪🥰🏡 shop this look at the link in bio - http://liketk.it/2EDgL @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder50 #ltkunder100 #madewell #stevemadden #ltkshoecrush