Big Life Update!

For the past month and a half Nick and I have been holding onto the biggest secret and I have been bursting at the seams to tell y’all all about it…. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!! We are officially first time homeowners and I cannot even accurately put into words how it feels! We are really excited for this next chapter in our lives and I am so excited to be able to share it with y’all! Get ready for lots of home content and DIYs! I may do an empty house tour and share what we want to do to it over time!

So let’s go back a few months, so I can catch you up to speed! The last few months at our apartment had been…interesting. Without going into much detail, we were at our wits end with apartment living. We were dealing with rude and disrespectful neighbors while also slowly growing out of our apartment. Most of our days consisted of perusing Zillow and Realtor.com and day dreaming about living in a house with outdoor space and no shared walls. When we got our lease renewal at the beginning of April we knew we were going to have to make a decision. After many long chats, voicing our frustrations, and coming to the realization we were ready for the next chapter we went and got pre-qualified. Luckily my mom is a realtor, so we were able to start looking at houses almost immediately.Since we had spent months and months browsing the houses available we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted and a general idea of where we wanted to live. The house hunting process was both exciting and overwhelming. I feel extremely blessed that my mom was able to guide us as our realtor as we went through the house hunting process. We all agreed that we wanted her expertise and for her to treat us like clients, but to give “mom advice” as she saw fit haha! We ended up looking at about 6-8 houses before coming across the one we bought. There were a few great houses that weren’t for us and a few duds that were just plain awful.  When we found our house we immediately scheduled an appointment to look at it the following day.

Everyone said you would know when a house was the one and they were all right because we just knew that this house was the one when we toured it. The photos of the listing (among other things) didn’t do the house justice at all. Nick and I were both pleasantly surprised as we walked through it. Every time we looked at each other while in the house we had a smile on our faces. Walking through it a second time, I actually teared up because I could see us living here and making it our home. We looked at the house on a Thursday and drew up the papers that evening. We put in an offer that Friday morning, received a counter offer from the seller on Friday afternoon, we countered back (ugh such a process ha!) and received the news that the offer was accepted around 9:45 on Friday evening! Talk about the longest but best day EVER!

The past few weeks have been spent purging, packing & not-so-patiently waiting to close on our house. The last two weeks have been a mix of stress, excitement, being overwhelmed, scared, and mostly ready. Ready to move out of our first apartment together and ready to start this next chapter. And ready to not live amongst boxes haha!

We are in love with our home and we truly can’t wait to make our house feel like a home and breathe some life into it! There are definitely things we want to do to it (ahem kitchen and bathroom renos) but it is livable and best of all it’s OURS! Now, I’m off to unpack boxes and attempt to get everything in order… wish us luck!

1. Annaliese Lemieux-Kapla wrote:

Congratulations Emily!! Excited for y’all!

xoxo A

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  2. Ashlen wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for you guys 💖

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  3. Carrington Barfield wrote:

Congrats!! That’s such huge news! Best of luck to you guys, I can’t wait to see how you decorate and fix everything up! 🙂

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  4. Cathy wrote:

Congratulations on your new home! That’s wonderful news!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  5. Laura S wrote:

Ahhh congrats babe! Home ownership is such a fun ride!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  6. Rach wrote:

Congrats!! This is awesome news! SO excited for you both!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply

I saw the news on your bookstagram and got oh-so excited for you! I can’t wait to see what the home looks like and how you decorate and DIY! I’m sure there will be plenty more space for all your reads! Congratulations!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  8. Congrats on the new home! Such exciting news!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  9. Beth wrote:

Congrats! We are on our 4th house together and getting ready to move again! It’s a hassle but career calls. Just when you think you have it fixed up the way you want, you find something else!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  10. tanvi wrote:

Congratulations!! That’s so exciting. Let the decorating begin 🙂

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  11. kileen wrote:

That is so exciting!! Congratulations on your new home, what a fun stage of life!

Kileen

Posted 7.2.19 Reply
  12. lydia wrote:

Congrats on your first home! I’m glad you were able to find the house of your dreams and get it without heartache. I’m sure you will love creating your home there.

Posted 7.2.19 Reply
  13. Kristina wrote:

Yay!! So happy for you two- let the decorating begin!

Posted 7.2.19 Reply
  14. Louella Reese wrote:

Yayyyy! I am so excited fo y’all! Congratulations again – can’t wait to follow along on this new adventure!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 7.3.19 Reply
  15. ahhhh congrats!!! its such a great feeling. xx

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  16. Anna English wrote:

Congrats on your new home! I can’t wait to see the reno process.

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  17. Congratulations!!! This is so exciting. All the decor and home posts begin. Looking forward 🙂

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  18. Rachel wrote:

YAY! CONGRATS!!! This is so exciting. I can’t wait to see more of your new home!

Rachel

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  19. Congrats, love!!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  20. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Congratulaitons girl! Being a homeowner has it’s challenges, but it’s so worth it!

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  21. Congrats and welcome to home ownership!! It’s so fun to be able to create your own home and oasis!!

xo, Laura

Posted 7.10.19 Reply
  22. Denise Kokinis wrote:

Congrats! That is seriously such a major goal to accomplish! Can’t wait to see all of it!

Posted 7.12.19 Reply
  23. Annette wrote:

Congrats! Such an exciting chapter!

Posted 7.15.19 Reply

• Happy Friday, y'all! We are getting a peek of fall here (before it goes back to high 80s...ugh!) and I'm taking full advantage by pulling out some of my pre-fall items, like these @sofftshoes booties from @zappos, this cozy thermal & my new fall bag! 🙌🏻 These Tilton booties are the perfect taupe color & are extremely comfortable, making them perfect for long-day wear. Hope you have a great weekend! 💙 I'm off to enjoy this weather while it lasts! Outfit details at the link in bio [ad] #gotitonzappos #perfectlysofft #falloutfits #falloutfit
  • Chatting all about my favorite places to order personalized items, whether it’s a gift for you, a bridal party or for the holidays! 💙 I recently discovered @stoneyclover & it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with all the fun pouches & personalized patches! These would be fun bridal or bachelorette gifts! 🙌🏻 Shop my favorites here: http://liketk.it/2F0ar @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKitbag #stoneycloverlane #stoneyclover #madewell
  • Back in business 🙌🏻 I *finally* feel like a human again after getting my computer back from Apple after a week away! 💻 You never realize just how much you rely on your computer until you are without it! I spent the week going totally stir crazy - but I DID get quite a bit of reading in 😂 now it’s time to play catch up! 👩🏼‍💻 hope y’all are having a great week! 💙http://liketk.it/2EQYT #riflepaperco #airpods
  • It's a rainy day here, so it’s a good day to curl up with a good book! 💙📚If you're looking for a book to add to your list, make it #AmericanRoyals that's out *now* 🙌🏻 If you're a fan of anything royal-related, you're sure to love it! 👸🏻It's an unputdownable books that's the perfect mix of gossip girl meets royalty - including scandals and family drama all wrapped into one book! Link in my IG stories to order! @getunderlined @katharinemcgee #enwreads #bookreview #getunderlined [ad]
  • It’s hard to believe it’s already September & summer is coming to an end 💙 I’m sharing my most-worn summer items on lifewithemilyblog.com, including all the pieces in the pic! Shop this look at the link in bio http://liketk.it/2EGou @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKitbag #carryyourday #everydaymadewell  #agolde
  • Cheers to a new (short) week! 🎉 Hope y’all had a great Labor Day weekend! 💙 We did lots of work around the house (thanks to the huge help of my dad!) & we got around to painting our front door today - see IG stories for the final result! 🚪🥰🏡 shop this look at the link in bio - http://liketk.it/2EDgL @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder50 #ltkunder100 #madewell #stevemadden #ltkshoecrush