Big Life Update!

For the past month and a half Nick and I have been holding onto the biggest secret and I have been bursting at the seams to tell y’all all about it…. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!! We are officially first time homeowners and I cannot even accurately put into words how it feels! We are really excited for this next chapter in our lives and I am so excited to be able to share it with y’all! Get ready for lots of home content and DIYs! I may do an empty house tour and share what we want to do to it over time!

So let’s go back a few months, so I can catch you up to speed! The last few months at our apartment had been…interesting. Without going into much detail, we were at our wits end with apartment living. We were dealing with rude and disrespectful neighbors while also slowly growing out of our apartment. Most of our days consisted of perusing Zillow and Realtor.com and day dreaming about living in a house with outdoor space and no shared walls. When we got our lease renewal at the beginning of April we knew we were going to have to make a decision. After many long chats, voicing our frustrations, and coming to the realization we were ready for the next chapter we went and got pre-qualified. Luckily my mom is a realtor, so we were able to start looking at houses almost immediately.Since we had spent months and months browsing the houses available we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted and a general idea of where we wanted to live. The house hunting process was both exciting and overwhelming. I feel extremely blessed that my mom was able to guide us as our realtor as we went through the house hunting process. We all agreed that we wanted her expertise and for her to treat us like clients, but to give “mom advice” as she saw fit haha! We ended up looking at about 6-8 houses before coming across the one we bought. There were a few great houses that weren’t for us and a few duds that were just plain awful.  When we found our house we immediately scheduled an appointment to look at it the following day.

Everyone said you would know when a house was the one and they were all right because we just knew that this house was the one when we toured it. The photos of the listing (among other things) didn’t do the house justice at all. Nick and I were both pleasantly surprised as we walked through it. Every time we looked at each other while in the house we had a smile on our faces. Walking through it a second time, I actually teared up because I could see us living here and making it our home. We looked at the house on a Thursday and drew up the papers that evening. We put in an offer that Friday morning, received a counter offer from the seller on Friday afternoon, we countered back (ugh such a process ha!) and received the news that the offer was accepted around 9:45 on Friday evening! Talk about the longest but best day EVER!

The past few weeks have been spent purging, packing & not-so-patiently waiting to close on our house. The last two weeks have been a mix of stress, excitement, being overwhelmed, scared, and mostly ready. Ready to move out of our first apartment together and ready to start this next chapter. And ready to not live amongst boxes haha!

We are in love with our home and we truly can’t wait to make our house feel like a home and breathe some life into it! There are definitely things we want to do to it (ahem kitchen and bathroom renos) but it is livable and best of all it’s OURS! Now, I’m off to unpack boxes and attempt to get everything in order… wish us luck!

1. Annaliese Lemieux-Kapla wrote:

Congratulations Emily!! Excited for y’all!

xoxo A

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  2. Ashlen wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for you guys 💖

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  3. Carrington Barfield wrote:

Congrats!! That’s such huge news! Best of luck to you guys, I can’t wait to see how you decorate and fix everything up! 🙂

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  4. Cathy wrote:

Congratulations on your new home! That’s wonderful news!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  5. Laura S wrote:

Ahhh congrats babe! Home ownership is such a fun ride!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  6. Rach wrote:

Congrats!! This is awesome news! SO excited for you both!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply

I saw the news on your bookstagram and got oh-so excited for you! I can’t wait to see what the home looks like and how you decorate and DIY! I’m sure there will be plenty more space for all your reads! Congratulations!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  8. Congrats on the new home! Such exciting news!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  9. Beth wrote:

Congrats! We are on our 4th house together and getting ready to move again! It’s a hassle but career calls. Just when you think you have it fixed up the way you want, you find something else!

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  10. tanvi wrote:

Congratulations!! That’s so exciting. Let the decorating begin 🙂

Posted 7.1.19 Reply
  11. kileen wrote:

That is so exciting!! Congratulations on your new home, what a fun stage of life!

Kileen

Posted 7.2.19 Reply
  12. lydia wrote:

Congrats on your first home! I’m glad you were able to find the house of your dreams and get it without heartache. I’m sure you will love creating your home there.

Posted 7.2.19 Reply
  13. Kristina wrote:

Yay!! So happy for you two- let the decorating begin!

Posted 7.2.19 Reply
  14. Louella Reese wrote:

Yayyyy! I am so excited fo y’all! Congratulations again – can’t wait to follow along on this new adventure!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 7.3.19 Reply
  15. ahhhh congrats!!! its such a great feeling. xx

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  16. Anna English wrote:

Congrats on your new home! I can’t wait to see the reno process.

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  17. Congratulations!!! This is so exciting. All the decor and home posts begin. Looking forward 🙂

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  18. Rachel wrote:

YAY! CONGRATS!!! This is so exciting. I can’t wait to see more of your new home!

Rachel

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  19. Congrats, love!!

xoxo Sarah

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  20. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Congratulaitons girl! Being a homeowner has it’s challenges, but it’s so worth it!

Posted 7.8.19 Reply
  21. Congrats and welcome to home ownership!! It’s so fun to be able to create your own home and oasis!!

xo, Laura

Posted 7.10.19 Reply
  22. Denise Kokinis wrote:

Congrats! That is seriously such a major goal to accomplish! Can’t wait to see all of it!

Posted 7.12.19 Reply
  23. Annette wrote:

Congrats! Such an exciting chapter!

Posted 7.15.19 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly