June 2019 Monthly Recap

Another month has come & gone, so it’s time for a recap! You can see all recaps here

Highlights

Now that we’re a week into July, I figured it’s time for my June monthly recap! June was one of the busiest and most chaotic months that we have had in a while! The month started off with a styled shoot for Draper James with Jessica and Lauren! We had the best time coming up with the concept and seeing it come to life. Jessica and I had met before, but it was so nice to meet Lauren, too! The three of us had such a great time together! I headed to Connecticut mid-month for a quick trip with Sail to Sable and Jack Rogers. I got to see so many old blog friends & meet new ones as well. I had never been to Connecticut and am already planning to head back, it was absolutely GORGEOUS!    The rest of the month was spent purging, packing & trying to stay sane in an apartment full of boxes. It was a little bittersweet leaving our apartment for the last time. We had so many wonderful memories associated with our apartment. It was the first place we called home together and it was where we shared special memories of first holidays, getting engaged and getting married. But with that bittersweet feeling came excitement as we closed and moved into our new home! It is feeling more and more like home with each day that passes!

Twenty four hours after we moved into our house we headed to Hillsborough to pick up our puppy! We have been wanting a puppy for SO long but we had decided early on that we wouldn’t get one until we had a house and a fenced yard. We didn’t think we would have one so quickly, but our breeder had puppies in early May! I’m so excited to introduce you guys to Avett Wilkinson! He’s an eight week old Golden Retriever puppy! We named him after our love for The Avett Brothers band! While life over the last week has been a bit crazy between moving and adding another four-legged family member, we wouldn’t change it for the world! Its been a crazy week ha!

Home

Like I mentioned above, the month of June consisted of packing up boxes, moving & now unpacking boxes in our first home! We have over double the space we had in our apartment, which is SO so nice! We have three bedrooms, a room for my office, and most importantly a fenced in yard for Avett! We brought everything from our apartment (and our storage unit!) to our new house, so most of the rooms are filled. Eventually we will upgrade certain items, but for now everything works! We still need to find a kitchen table and chairs for our breakfast nook, furniture for our screened in porch & patio furniture. We have our work cut out for us, but we are so excited!

Books I read this month

Reading took a bit of a hit this month, to be honest! I was either too tired, busy packing, or wasn’t in the mood to read after long days. I didn’t force it if I didn’t want to read and I’m ok with that! Sometimes ya just need a break from everything. I did end up reading some really great books this month, be sure to check them out in my June Reading List!

What I purchased

I didn’t really purchase much in June. I unintentionally put myself on a buying ban for any unnecessary purchases and I can’t even tell you how good that felt! I only purchased things we needed for the house and I don’t think I bought a single piece of clothing/shoes/accessories…whoa! Often times I feel the pressure to have new items constantly for my job/social media and sometimes I feel like I’m having to “keep up with the Joneses” so to speak. Realizing I didn’t buy anything this month was actually a sigh of relief and I feel good about it! Plus, it’s been so hot that I feel like I have worn the same five outfits over and over because they’re easy, light & breathable!

Favorite blog posts on Life with Emily

Summer Soiree with Draper James + 5 Entertaining Tips | such a fun shoot to do with some great girls!
All About Book of the Month & Why I Love It | my favorite book subscription service!
Travel with Me To: Perfect Day at Coco Cay | such a fun trip with Royal Caribbean & can’t wait to go back!
My 101 in 1001 List | can’t wait to cross some of these items off the list!

Current favorites on repeat

• BEAUTY: I have been loving the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream. It has made my skin feel so hydrated!
  • CLOTHING: I’ve been living in lululemon lately and these leggings are my all time favorites!
  • TV SHOWS: We finished up Dead to Me on Netflix and loved it! That ending! Already looking forward to the second season. We are also watching Below Deck Med and Southern Charm – can’t get enough!
  • AUDIOBIOOK: I listened to Maybe in Another Life while packing and thought it was so cute!
  • CURRENTLY READING: I’m currently reading City of Girls and loving it SO much!

1. The Gold Lipstick wrote:

Looks like you’ve had ana amazing month!

Mireia from TGL

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  2. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

Avett is just the cutest pup ever!! x

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  3. Mandy wrote:

I love Connecticut too! It’s so beautiful, love going there on day trips. Agree on the spending freeze, it’s so helpful and liberating!

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  4. Omg your puppy is toooo cute!!

xoxo sarah

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  5. Lizzie wrote:

What an incredible month you’ve had! Love Draper James and your gorgeous styled shoot! Congats on your new home and your adorable new puppy!

Lizzie

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  6. What a loving recap — nice styled shoot and congrats on the move. I need your puppy in my life.

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  7. Looks like you had fabulous month. Love the pictures.

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  8. Megan wrote:

Trying to avoid unnecessary purchases can be hard! Good job! Avett is seriously the cutest puppy ever.

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  9. THAT PUPPY THOUGH!!! Wow – you had a full month! Congrats on the house and pup!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  10. Colean L wrote:

Good to hear from you. You are a beautiful couple and I know you will love your new HOME. The puppy is precious.

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  11. Your puppy is so cute! Enjoy all those snuggles.

Posted 7.9.19 Reply
  12. What an amazing month you had! Congratulations on the new house and becoming a puppy mama – he is a cutie! And way to go on not buying a thing and falling into the pressure of needing new things. I love that!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 7.10.19 Reply
  13. Jackie wrote:

A new house AND an adorable puppy?! You go! What a month!

Posted 7.10.19 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly