Happy Friday, y’all! Today marks the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale being open to the public! In case you’re new to the sale, every year Nordstrom has a big sale in July that is full of new items for fall. This is different than sales other retailers have because all of the items are new for the upcoming season, just marked at a discount! The sale is a great way to take inventory of your closet and stock up on closet staples before fall rolls around.
Truthfully, I used to love shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, but over the past few years I’ve changed my tune a bit. Over the past two or three years I noticed that the quality of certain items (especially their brand’s items) wasn’t the quality that it should be and that really disappointed me. I was also a bit put off by the insane consumerism that this sale brings out among those in my industry. I personally don’t feel the need to buy thousands of dollars on items to share with you (especially if the quality isn’t there!). It’s just not who I am and crazy shopping isn’t something I want to promote.
With that said, I decided that this year my coverage of the sale would be minimal, as it has been for the past two years. As a blogger, this sale is one of the biggest in terms of earning affiliate income. But I get overwhelmed with the amount of posts about the sale, so I can only imagine that you all do as well. And I wasn’t even sure if I would shop, so I decided to not put all of my eggs in the #NSale basket so to speak ha! It’s currently 96 degrees, so I can’t even fathom buying a ton of fall stuff and having to go outside and shoot it. UGH!
This year I thought I would share the items that I own that are part of the Nordstrom Sale. These are items that I have purchased over the past few years and can highly recommend! For the most part they are closet staples that can be worn time and time again and won’t fall apart within a year 😉 P.S. I did end up ordering two items that I know I will get a lot of use. I ordered this cozy cardigan & this cashmere kimono.
- PATAGONIA JACKET | This is one of the most cozy jackets you’ll ever put on! It keeps me warm and it’s so darn soft!
- BRIXTON FELT HAT | Brixton is one of my favorite hat brands because they always make sure high quality, chic hats! I have a similar version from a few years ago that I love for the fall and winter.
- KENDRA SCOTT NECKLACE | This dainty everyday necklace comes in a few colors and makes for a great gift, too! I got this one for my MOHs for my wedding!
- HUNTER BOOTS | Hunter Boots are classic in my opinion! They’re a nice pair of boots for rain & can be worn nit he snow with their layered socks.
- BARBOUR JACKET | You know it’s officially fall when you can break out your Barbour jacket! I’m looking forward to the cooler days so I can wear mine. It’s great for cool weather, rain & snow!
- HANKY PANKY UNDERWEAR | These are my all time favorite underwear!
- MICHELE SPORT DECO WATCH | I got this watch two years ago because I wanted a nice looking watch that I could wear more casually. The silicone band can be changed out, but it’s so nice that I never have!
- MADEWELL OVERSIZED DENIM JACKET | I have a thing for denim jackets and this one might be my absolute favorite! It is oversized, but has a lived in feel that I love!
- BP LONG CARDIGAN | I got this cardigan last year and it’s held up really well (I was pleasantly surprised!) It’s slightly oversized but looks cute with casual or dressed up outfits.
- MADEWELL DENIM | I swear by Madewell denim and love their 9 inch rise!
- LEOPARD SCARF | You can never go wrong with a leopard accessory, especially a cute scarf like this!
- PATAGNOIA VEST | I really enjoy layering this vest in the fall – with button ups, workout looks, etc.
- UGG SLIPPERS | I am anxiously waiting on cooler weather so I can pull out my Ugg slippers! They are SO cozy and I love that they have traction on the bottom so I can wear them to take the dog out!
- SPANX FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS | I absolutely love these faux leather leggings. They can be worn casually with a tee and sneakers or dressed up with a sweater and booties.
- STUART WEITZMAN OVER THE KNEE BOOTS | I invested in a pair of Stuart Weitzman OTK boots two years ago and I can’t recommend them enough. The quality is incredible, they’re comfortable e & they go with everything. These rarely go on sale and they’re still an investment but the cost-per-wear is great.
- MARC FISHER OVER THE KNEE BOOTS | If you’re looking for a high-quality, affordable pair of boots, look no further! I have these in a dark taupe and they have stood the test of time through rain, snow & sleet! The heel height is the perfect height!
- PATAGONIA PULLOVER | If you want a warm, casual layer be sure to pick up a pullover during the sale. They rarely go on sale and it will keep you so warm!
- PAIGE DENIM | Paige jeans always fit me so well and they’re very flattering so I always grab some when they’re on sale.
- UGG BOOTIES | Ok, these may not be the cutest but they sure are comfy! The detailing is great and they have a nice traction on the bottom of them too. I love wearing these in the winter when I need to run errands.
- BLANKNYC SUEDE JACKET | I own this jacket (or a similar style) in a few colors and it’s a great way to add a chic layer to your outfit while staying warm! I always get so many compliments on it when I wear mine.
- PATAGONIA LIGHT JACKET | This is a jacket that’s casual but warm! I love that it’s lightweight and not bulky at all.
- ALO YOGA LEGGINGS | I discovered Alo when I was teaching PureBarre and was so impressed. The leggings are soft & they stay in place when you’re working out!
- BARBOUR QUILTED JACKET | This jacket is the perfect layering piece for transitional weather. I love wearing mine in the early fall before I really “need” my heavier jackets.
- KIEHL’S GIFT SET | I have been using the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream and the Midnight Recovery Concentrate for a few months now and I have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my skin. It feels hydrated and so smooth.
- ST. TROPEZ SELF-TANNER | This is one of my favorite brands for a nice, real looking tan! This is a jumbo bottle and a great price, so it would last a long time!
- T3 MICRO CURLING IRON | My hair doesn’t hold curl well, but with the T3 micro iron and wand my curls can last for days!
- T3 MICRO STRAIGHTENER | I love my one inch straightener. It has an automatic sensor that provides the optimal heat and has an auto shut-off.