#Nsale picks that I already own (and love!)

Happy Friday, y’all! Today marks the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale being open to the public! In case you’re new to the sale, every year Nordstrom has a big sale in July that is full of new items for fall. This is different than sales other retailers have because all of the items are new for the upcoming season, just marked at a discount! The sale is a great way to take inventory of your closet and stock up on closet staples before fall rolls around.

Truthfully, I used to love shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, but over the past few years I’ve changed my tune a bit. Over the past two or three years I noticed that the quality of certain items (especially their brand’s items) wasn’t the quality that it should be and that really disappointed me. I was also a bit put off by the insane consumerism that this sale brings out among those in my industry. I personally don’t feel the need to buy thousands of dollars on items to share with you (especially if the quality isn’t there!). It’s just not who I am and crazy shopping isn’t something I want to promote.

With that said, I decided that this year my coverage of the sale would be minimal, as it has been for the past two years. As a blogger, this sale is one of the biggest in terms of earning affiliate income. But I get overwhelmed with the amount of posts about the sale, so I can only imagine that you all do as well. And I wasn’t even sure if I would shop, so I decided to not put all of my eggs in the #NSale basket so to speak ha! It’s currently 96 degrees, so I can’t even fathom buying a ton of fall stuff and having to go outside and shoot it. UGH!

This year I thought I would share the items that I own that are part of the Nordstrom Sale. These are items that I have purchased over the past few years and can highly recommend! For the most part they are closet staples that can be worn time and time again and won’t fall apart within a year 😉 P.S. I did end up ordering two items that I know I will get a lot of use. I ordered this cozy cardigan & this cashmere kimono.

nordstrom anniversary sale 2019 items i have in my closet

1. PATAGONIA JACKET | This is one of the most cozy jackets you’ll ever put on! It keeps me warm and it’s so darn soft!
  2. BRIXTON FELT HAT | Brixton is one of my favorite hat brands because they always make sure high quality, chic hats! I have a similar version from a few years ago that I love for the fall and winter.
  3. KENDRA SCOTT NECKLACE | This dainty everyday necklace comes in a few colors and makes for a great gift, too! I got this one for my MOHs for my wedding!
  4. HUNTER BOOTS | Hunter Boots are classic in my opinion! They’re a nice pair of boots for rain & can be worn nit he snow with their layered socks.
  5. BARBOUR JACKET | You know it’s officially fall when you can break out your Barbour jacket! I’m looking forward to the cooler days so I can wear mine. It’s great for cool weather, rain & snow!
  6. HANKY PANKY UNDERWEAR | These are my all time favorite underwear!
  7. MICHELE SPORT DECO WATCH | I got this watch two years ago because I wanted a nice looking watch that I could wear more casually. The silicone band can be changed out, but it’s so nice that I never have!
  8. MADEWELL OVERSIZED DENIM JACKET | I have a thing for denim jackets and this one might be my absolute favorite! It is oversized, but has a lived in feel that I love!
  9. BP LONG CARDIGAN | I got this cardigan last year and it’s held up really well (I was pleasantly surprised!) It’s slightly oversized but looks cute with casual or dressed up outfits.
  10. MADEWELL DENIM | I swear by Madewell denim and love their 9 inch rise!
  11. LEOPARD SCARF | You can never go wrong with a leopard accessory, especially a cute scarf like this!
  12. PATAGNOIA VEST | I really enjoy layering this vest in the fall – with button ups, workout looks, etc.
  13. UGG SLIPPERS | I am anxiously waiting on cooler weather so I can pull out my Ugg slippers! They are SO cozy and I love that they have traction on the bottom so I can wear them to take the dog out!
  14. SPANX FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS | I absolutely love these faux leather leggings. They can be worn casually with a tee and sneakers or dressed up with a sweater and booties.
  15. STUART WEITZMAN OVER THE KNEE BOOTS | I invested in a pair of Stuart Weitzman OTK boots two years ago and I can’t recommend them enough. The quality is incredible, they’re comfortable e & they go with everything. These rarely go on sale and they’re still an investment but the cost-per-wear is great.
  16. MARC FISHER OVER THE KNEE BOOTS | If you’re looking for a high-quality, affordable pair of boots, look no further! I have these in a dark taupe and they have stood the test of time through rain, snow & sleet! The heel height is the perfect height!
  17. PATAGONIA PULLOVER | If you want a warm, casual layer be sure to pick up a pullover during the sale. They rarely go on sale and it will keep you so warm!
  18. PAIGE DENIM | Paige jeans always fit me so well and they’re very flattering so I always grab some when they’re on sale.
  19. UGG BOOTIES | Ok, these may not be the cutest but they sure are comfy! The detailing is great and they have a nice traction on the bottom of them too. I love wearing these in the winter when I need to run errands.
  20. BLANKNYC SUEDE JACKET | I own this jacket (or a similar style) in a few colors and it’s a great way to add a chic layer to your outfit while staying warm! I always get so many compliments on it when I wear mine.
  21. PATAGONIA LIGHT JACKET | This is a jacket that’s casual but warm! I love that it’s lightweight and not bulky at all.
  22. ALO YOGA LEGGINGS | I discovered Alo when I was teaching PureBarre and was so impressed. The leggings are soft & they stay in place when you’re working out!
  23. BARBOUR QUILTED JACKET | This jacket is the perfect layering piece for transitional weather. I love wearing mine in the early fall before I really “need” my heavier jackets.
  24. KIEHL’S GIFT SET | I have been using the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream and the Midnight Recovery Concentrate for a few months now and I have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my skin. It feels hydrated and so smooth.
  25. ST. TROPEZ SELF-TANNER | This is one of my favorite brands for a nice, real looking tan! This is a jumbo bottle and a great price, so it would last a long time!
  26. T3 MICRO CURLING IRON | My hair doesn’t hold curl well, but with the T3 micro iron and wand my curls can last for days!
  27. T3 MICRO STRAIGHTENER | I love my one inch straightener. It has an automatic sensor that provides the optimal heat and has an auto shut-off.

#Nsale picks I own

1. Cathy wrote:

So many great items! You picked up some great deals. I love this sale!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  2. rebecca piersol wrote:

excited to get my pieces in the mail! took a little easy this year, but still excited!
    xx rebecca

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  3. Rach wrote:

I’m with you and I feel the same about the sale! I love it but now I’ve been more mindful about what I buy. These are great picks!

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  4. Anna English wrote:

#22 is by far my favorite! I love the color of those.

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  5. Lucy wrote:

Amazing post! Yes! I love your honest thoughts.

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  6. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Ahh im jealous you already have those ugg slippers! They looks so comfy and cute, I wanted to get them but they sold out before public access started!

Posted 7.20.19 Reply
  7. I noticed a lot of the items are the same as last year, just slightly updated. This sale is good for basics!

Posted 7.21.19 Reply
  8. I feel the same way about the #nsale and haven’t shopped it in a few years. My orders would also get canceled in the pas few years so I usually sit it out unless there are great deals on beauty products. I have those same furry slippers and love them for around the house 🙂

Posted 7.21.19 Reply
  9. Mollie wrote:

Loving all these pieces! Gutted I wasn’t able to shop much this year – Nordstrom really needs to fix their international shipping!!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.22.19 Reply
  10. Kristina wrote:

I am with you girl! It used to be so much more fun and has gotten way out of control. I shared a lot of things that I personally had in my post too- I’m going to buy things *just* because they’re on sale!

Posted 7.22.19 Reply
  11. Tillie Adelson wrote:

I am so loving the Nsale — feels like I have been buying something everyday!

Posted 7.24.19 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

I feel exactly the same about the sale! It is a good time to get some staple pieces that last

Posted 7.26.19 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly