#Nsale picks that I already own (and love!)

Happy Friday, y’all! Today marks the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale being open to the public! In case you’re new to the sale, every year Nordstrom has a big sale in July that is full of new items for fall. This is different than sales other retailers have because all of the items are new for the upcoming season, just marked at a discount! The sale is a great way to take inventory of your closet and stock up on closet staples before fall rolls around.

Truthfully, I used to love shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, but over the past few years I’ve changed my tune a bit. Over the past two or three years I noticed that the quality of certain items (especially their brand’s items) wasn’t the quality that it should be and that really disappointed me. I was also a bit put off by the insane consumerism that this sale brings out among those in my industry. I personally don’t feel the need to buy thousands of dollars on items to share with you (especially if the quality isn’t there!). It’s just not who I am and crazy shopping isn’t something I want to promote.

With that said, I decided that this year my coverage of the sale would be minimal, as it has been for the past two years. As a blogger, this sale is one of the biggest in terms of earning affiliate income. But I get overwhelmed with the amount of posts about the sale, so I can only imagine that you all do as well. And I wasn’t even sure if I would shop, so I decided to not put all of my eggs in the #NSale basket so to speak ha! It’s currently 96 degrees, so I can’t even fathom buying a ton of fall stuff and having to go outside and shoot it. UGH!

This year I thought I would share the items that I own that are part of the Nordstrom Sale. These are items that I have purchased over the past few years and can highly recommend! For the most part they are closet staples that can be worn time and time again and won’t fall apart within a year 😉 P.S. I did end up ordering two items that I know I will get a lot of use. I ordered this cozy cardigan & this cashmere kimono.

nordstrom anniversary sale 2019 items i have in my closet

1. PATAGONIA JACKET | This is one of the most cozy jackets you’ll ever put on! It keeps me warm and it’s so darn soft!
  2. BRIXTON FELT HAT | Brixton is one of my favorite hat brands because they always make sure high quality, chic hats! I have a similar version from a few years ago that I love for the fall and winter.
  3. KENDRA SCOTT NECKLACE | This dainty everyday necklace comes in a few colors and makes for a great gift, too! I got this one for my MOHs for my wedding!
  4. HUNTER BOOTS | Hunter Boots are classic in my opinion! They’re a nice pair of boots for rain & can be worn nit he snow with their layered socks.
  5. BARBOUR JACKET | You know it’s officially fall when you can break out your Barbour jacket! I’m looking forward to the cooler days so I can wear mine. It’s great for cool weather, rain & snow!
  6. HANKY PANKY UNDERWEAR | These are my all time favorite underwear!
  7. MICHELE SPORT DECO WATCH | I got this watch two years ago because I wanted a nice looking watch that I could wear more casually. The silicone band can be changed out, but it’s so nice that I never have!
  8. MADEWELL OVERSIZED DENIM JACKET | I have a thing for denim jackets and this one might be my absolute favorite! It is oversized, but has a lived in feel that I love!
  9. BP LONG CARDIGAN | I got this cardigan last year and it’s held up really well (I was pleasantly surprised!) It’s slightly oversized but looks cute with casual or dressed up outfits.
  10. MADEWELL DENIM | I swear by Madewell denim and love their 9 inch rise!
  11. LEOPARD SCARF | You can never go wrong with a leopard accessory, especially a cute scarf like this!
  12. PATAGNOIA VEST | I really enjoy layering this vest in the fall – with button ups, workout looks, etc.
  13. UGG SLIPPERS | I am anxiously waiting on cooler weather so I can pull out my Ugg slippers! They are SO cozy and I love that they have traction on the bottom so I can wear them to take the dog out!
  14. SPANX FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS | I absolutely love these faux leather leggings. They can be worn casually with a tee and sneakers or dressed up with a sweater and booties.
  15. STUART WEITZMAN OVER THE KNEE BOOTS | I invested in a pair of Stuart Weitzman OTK boots two years ago and I can’t recommend them enough. The quality is incredible, they’re comfortable e & they go with everything. These rarely go on sale and they’re still an investment but the cost-per-wear is great.
  16. MARC FISHER OVER THE KNEE BOOTS | If you’re looking for a high-quality, affordable pair of boots, look no further! I have these in a dark taupe and they have stood the test of time through rain, snow & sleet! The heel height is the perfect height!
  17. PATAGONIA PULLOVER | If you want a warm, casual layer be sure to pick up a pullover during the sale. They rarely go on sale and it will keep you so warm!
  18. PAIGE DENIM | Paige jeans always fit me so well and they’re very flattering so I always grab some when they’re on sale.
  19. UGG BOOTIES | Ok, these may not be the cutest but they sure are comfy! The detailing is great and they have a nice traction on the bottom of them too. I love wearing these in the winter when I need to run errands.
  20. BLANKNYC SUEDE JACKET | I own this jacket (or a similar style) in a few colors and it’s a great way to add a chic layer to your outfit while staying warm! I always get so many compliments on it when I wear mine.
  21. PATAGONIA LIGHT JACKET | This is a jacket that’s casual but warm! I love that it’s lightweight and not bulky at all.
  22. ALO YOGA LEGGINGS | I discovered Alo when I was teaching PureBarre and was so impressed. The leggings are soft & they stay in place when you’re working out!
  23. BARBOUR QUILTED JACKET | This jacket is the perfect layering piece for transitional weather. I love wearing mine in the early fall before I really “need” my heavier jackets.
  24. KIEHL’S GIFT SET | I have been using the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream and the Midnight Recovery Concentrate for a few months now and I have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my skin. It feels hydrated and so smooth.
  25. ST. TROPEZ SELF-TANNER | This is one of my favorite brands for a nice, real looking tan! This is a jumbo bottle and a great price, so it would last a long time!
  26. T3 MICRO CURLING IRON | My hair doesn’t hold curl well, but with the T3 micro iron and wand my curls can last for days!
  27. T3 MICRO STRAIGHTENER | I love my one inch straightener. It has an automatic sensor that provides the optimal heat and has an auto shut-off.

#Nsale picks I own

1. Cathy wrote:

So many great items! You picked up some great deals. I love this sale!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  2. rebecca piersol wrote:

excited to get my pieces in the mail! took a little easy this year, but still excited!
    xx rebecca

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  3. Rach wrote:

I’m with you and I feel the same about the sale! I love it but now I’ve been more mindful about what I buy. These are great picks!

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  4. Anna English wrote:

#22 is by far my favorite! I love the color of those.

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  5. Lucy wrote:

Amazing post! Yes! I love your honest thoughts.

Posted 7.19.19 Reply
  6. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Ahh im jealous you already have those ugg slippers! They looks so comfy and cute, I wanted to get them but they sold out before public access started!

Posted 7.20.19 Reply
  7. I noticed a lot of the items are the same as last year, just slightly updated. This sale is good for basics!

Posted 7.21.19 Reply
  8. I feel the same way about the #nsale and haven’t shopped it in a few years. My orders would also get canceled in the pas few years so I usually sit it out unless there are great deals on beauty products. I have those same furry slippers and love them for around the house 🙂

Posted 7.21.19 Reply
  9. Mollie wrote:

Loving all these pieces! Gutted I wasn’t able to shop much this year – Nordstrom really needs to fix their international shipping!!

xx Mollie

Posted 7.22.19 Reply
  10. Kristina wrote:

I am with you girl! It used to be so much more fun and has gotten way out of control. I shared a lot of things that I personally had in my post too- I’m going to buy things *just* because they’re on sale!

Posted 7.22.19 Reply
  11. Tillie Adelson wrote:

I am so loving the Nsale — feels like I have been buying something everyday!

Posted 7.24.19 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

I feel exactly the same about the sale! It is a good time to get some staple pieces that last

Posted 7.26.19 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50