101 in 1001 update no. 1

It’s been a little over a month and a half since I created my 101 in 1001 list and I’m slowly but surely making progress on some of the items on my list. Today I’m sharing a few of the items I have completed, a few that are in progress & the goals I am hoping to cross off of my list next.

goals completed since I created the list (9/101)

1. Come up with 101 things and write them down (completed June 10, 2019). This one is pretty self explanatory! It took me a while to compile 101 things (it’s a lot harder than it seems) but I’m happy with the list and am excited to cross off these items!

13. Go through my closet & donate all of the items I do not wear (completed June 2019). I periodically go through my closet and try to get rid of anything that I haven’t worn or don’t have a need for anymore. Before we moved I donated 6 bags of clothing and also sold a few bags of gentle worn clothing to a few local second hand stores. It felt so good to get rid of items and declutter my closet a bit. I’m sure I’ll do this again when fall rolls around.

18. Become a first time homeowner (completed June 2019). When I began creating my 101 in 1001 list I had no idea we would be crossing this one off of our list so quickly! We became first time homeowners at the end of June and it’s been so nice making our house a home and putting our own touches on it. We have a LOT we want to do to our house and I’m excited to document our process here!

21. Get a dog (completed June 30, 2019). This is another one that I didn’t think we would be crossing off of the list so soon! Nick and I agreed that we didn’t want to add a puppy to our family while we were still living in an apartment because it would be too hard to train and it wasn’t fair to the puppy. We ended up getting our sweet golden retriever, Avett, the day after we moved in! We are SO glad we made the decision to wait because training a puppy is tough and would have been impossible in an apartment. We love that we have the extra space and that he has a yard to run free in!32. Connect with more bloggers “in real life” (completed June & July 2019). One of my favorite parts about this industry is being able to meet and collaborate with talented, like minded individuals. I always love meeting new people and the last two months I feel lucky to have met so many amazing women when I was in Connecticut and Toronto for press trips.

53. Visit a US city I have never been to (completed June 12, 2019). I traveled to New Canaan, Connecticut in June for an event with Sail to Sable and Jack Rogers! Even though it was a quick trip (less than 48 hours!) we had a great time exploring the area and I definitely want to go back and explore the surrounding area more!

57. Travel to a new state (completed June 12,2019). I kind of killed two birds with one stone since I had never been to Connecticut before. It was such a beautiful area and I’m excited to head back some day!

72. Have our families over for dinner (completed July 2019). We have had both sets of our family over for dinner since moving into our new home! It’s so nice that we have the space to entertain our parents and siblings now without feeling overcrowded (like we did in our apartment!). We are really looking forward to the holidays and entertaining then, too!

95. Start & finish a new Netflix series (June 2019). We watched Dead to Me in record time (it was sooo good!) as well as Abducted in Plain Sight, and we are mid-way through Bates Motel!

a few goals that are in progress (4)

2. Read at least 250 new books (22/250). Since I created my list on June 1st I have read 22 books! As you all know, reading is one of my favorite hobbies and a great way for me to unwind daily.
The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren, Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston, The Night Before by Wendy Walker, A Woman Is No Man by Etaf Rum, The Friends We Keep by Jane Green, The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez, The First Mistake by Sandie Jones, The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary, Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid, A Stranger on the Beach by Michele Campbell, Lock Every Door by Riley Sager, City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert, Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes, Summer of ’69 by Elin Hilderbrand, Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple, Surfside Sisters by Nancy Thayer, Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner, The Escape Room by Megan Goldin, Tell Me Everything by Cambria Brockman, Time After Time by Lisa Grunwald, The Two Lila Bennetts by Liz Fenton & Lisa Steinke, Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center.

42. Write at least one personal post a month. I wrote about our home purchase in July and I’m trying to come up with some blog post ideas for more personal posts for the future. This one is tricky because I’m always a bit wary of sharing too much on a public site! 🙂

71. Form new friendships. Working for myself and working from home makes it a bit harder to make new friends. I have really put myself out there lately and made some great new friends & I hope to keep doing that!

92. Try 5 new restaurants in my city or surrounding area (1/5). I tried Coast in High Point recently with my book club and it was good (better for drinks & apps than dinner though!)

goals I want to complete next

4. Keep a consistent work out schedule

14. Start a recipe book filled with our favorite recipes, new and old

23. Print & update the photos in our home

29. Better organize my computer & Dropbox (and keep it that way!)

46. Create a new media kit & business cards (myself)

96. Go to a college football game

Do you have a 101 in 1001 list or goals you want to accomplish?! Would love to hear what those are in the comments!

1. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

I absolutely love these EM – I tried to compile a similar list once and it was so hard x

Posted 8.21.19 Reply
  2. Rach wrote:

101 things a lot of stuff and I’m impressed with what you have accomplished already!

Posted 8.21.19 Reply
  3. Hillary Conheady wrote:

I love this idea so much!! Congrats on purchasing a home! And how cute is that little pup!!

xo, Hillary

Posted 8.21.19 Reply
  4. Cathy wrote:

Congrats on all the things you already crossed off! I can relate when it comes to sharing online. I want to share, but not divulge too much. It’s such a fine line. I look forward to watching you go through your list!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 8.21.19 Reply
  5. Mary Kate wrote:

For a personal post I think it would really cool for you to do Ancestry DNA and find out where your ancestors are from and share it!

Posted 8.21.19 Reply
  6. This is SUCH an amazing idea!! You have accomplished so much from your list. And those are some major goals too!! I’m so proud of you!!

Posted 8.21.19 Reply

You go, girlfriend! It looks like you’ve already accomplished so much, and you’re on your way to so many more, which is exciting. Your puppy is so dang adorable!

Posted 8.21.19 Reply
  8. kileen wrote:

Wow this is so awesome!! You definitely completed major goals, congrats babe!! & your puppy is sooo adorable!

Kileen

Posted 8.21.19 Reply
  9. Laura S wrote:

I am seriously so in love with this idea! So cool to see an update! I remember how neat I thought this was when you first posted about and it’s neat to see all you’ve completed since then!

Posted 8.21.19 Reply
  10. sarah lindner wrote:

Congratulations on becoming a homeowner! Such an extensive list, awesome that you’ve already accomplished so much!

Posted 8.22.19 Reply
  11. Scarlett wrote:

That is so exciting that you have already accomplished so much! Congrats on becoming a homeowner… Can’t wait to hear about what you cross off next!
    xo, Scarlett

Posted 8.22.19 Reply
  12. Kadie wrote:

This is so inspiring! My family and I are entering a new season, and this might just be the perfect idea to keep me focused and sane.

Posted 8.22.19 Reply
  13. lyddiegal wrote:

You’ve already made so much progress on your goals! Congrats on the new home and the puppy!

Posted 8.22.19 Reply
  14. Thanks for the update! You’re really marking things off the list!

Posted 8.22.19 Reply
  15. Anna English wrote:

Goldens are the best! Your pup is the cutest.

Posted 8.23.19 Reply

• Happy Friday, y'all! We are getting a peek of fall here (before it goes back to high 80s...ugh!) and I'm taking full advantage by pulling out some of my pre-fall items, like these @sofftshoes booties from @zappos, this cozy thermal & my new fall bag! 🙌🏻 These Tilton booties are the perfect taupe color & are extremely comfortable, making them perfect for long-day wear. Hope you have a great weekend! 💙 I'm off to enjoy this weather while it lasts! Outfit details at the link in bio [ad] #gotitonzappos #perfectlysofft #falloutfits #falloutfit
  • Chatting all about my favorite places to order personalized items, whether it’s a gift for you, a bridal party or for the holidays! 💙 I recently discovered @stoneyclover & it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with all the fun pouches & personalized patches! These would be fun bridal or bachelorette gifts! 🙌🏻 Shop my favorites here: http://liketk.it/2F0ar @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKitbag #stoneycloverlane #stoneyclover #madewell
  • Back in business 🙌🏻 I *finally* feel like a human again after getting my computer back from Apple after a week away! 💻 You never realize just how much you rely on your computer until you are without it! I spent the week going totally stir crazy - but I DID get quite a bit of reading in 😂 now it’s time to play catch up! 👩🏼‍💻 hope y’all are having a great week! 💙http://liketk.it/2EQYT #riflepaperco #airpods
  • It's a rainy day here, so it’s a good day to curl up with a good book! 💙📚If you're looking for a book to add to your list, make it #AmericanRoyals that's out *now* 🙌🏻 If you're a fan of anything royal-related, you're sure to love it! 👸🏻It's an unputdownable books that's the perfect mix of gossip girl meets royalty - including scandals and family drama all wrapped into one book! Link in my IG stories to order! @getunderlined @katharinemcgee #enwreads #bookreview #getunderlined [ad]
  • It’s hard to believe it’s already September & summer is coming to an end 💙 I’m sharing my most-worn summer items on lifewithemilyblog.com, including all the pieces in the pic! Shop this look at the link in bio http://liketk.it/2EGou @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKitbag #carryyourday #everydaymadewell  #agolde
  • Cheers to a new (short) week! 🎉 Hope y’all had a great Labor Day weekend! 💙 We did lots of work around the house (thanks to the huge help of my dad!) & we got around to painting our front door today - see IG stories for the final result! 🚪🥰🏡 shop this look at the link in bio - http://liketk.it/2EDgL @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder50 #ltkunder100 #madewell #stevemadden #ltkshoecrush