A Late Summer Outfit

It’s hard to believe that summer is coming to an end soon, especially since it’s still sweltering here in North Carolina! Since it will still be warm for another two months (at least!) I’m trying to stay in a warm weather mindset, although I am very ready for fall. I haven’t done much shopping this summer, but when I have purchased pieces I have made sure to buy items that I can wear next summer as well as transition them into cooler weather.

When I saw this midi skirt earlier this month I immediately fell in love. It’s colorful and comfortable, so I immediately purchased it for my Toronto trip. I like that it can be dressed up or worn more casually with a tee. I think it will be really cute with a light sweater or even add a denim jacket to this outfit for early fall. I also really loved this summer sweater. It’s a color I don’t have much of in my closet and I thought I could pair it with jeans and easily throw a cardigan or jacket over it as we transition into fall. I’ll call that a win! I can’t go without talking about this bag and these chunky heels. These two have been standouts for me this summer. I wear them both all the time! The crochet bag has surprised me because it’s held up much better than I thought it would and it actually holds SO much. And the chunky heels go with everything and are so comfortable, even for walking or standing for long periods of time. I’ll be sad to say goodbye to them come fall!

SUMMER SLEEVELESS SWEATER | FLORAL MIDI SKIRT | CROCHET BAG | TAN CHUNKY HEELS | RAY-BAN SUNGLASSES | MONOGRAM NECKLACE |

shop the post

1. Lisa Morris wrote:

I love your outfit! The skirt is gorgeous and I love the chunky heel shoe. Nice look babe!

Posted 8.15.19 Reply
  2. Rachel wrote:

I am SO sad that summer is coming to an end but I’m also so excited for fall! Bring on the cooler temps! Love this outfit.

Rachel

Posted 8.15.19 Reply
  3. Laura S wrote:

I love this whole outfit! It’s got such a sweet Summery vibe – it’s perfect!

Posted 8.16.19 Reply
  4. Nailil wrote:

What a fun summer look! I love the skirt, such a pretty pattern!

Xx, Nailil
    thirtyminusone.com

Posted 8.16.19 Reply

I can definitely see why you love this ensemble so much. The bright colors are so cheerful, the tank is super flattering, the skirt is beyond gorgeous, and those heels are so unique. From head-to-toe, you look AMAZING.

Posted 8.16.19 Reply
  6. I adore these colors together! So perfect for Labor Day weekend.

Posted 8.16.19 Reply
  7. Annie wrote:

This is SUCH a pretty look for summer – it makes me want to make the most of the nice weather we have left!

Posted 8.16.19 Reply
  8. Katelyn wrote:

Love this skirt and those shoes!

Posted 8.16.19 Reply
  9. Louella Reese wrote:

Beautiful Em! Adore this skirt on you!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 8.19.19 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50