It’s time for another monthly recap! Take a peek at previous monthly recaps here!
How was everyone’s month?! Ours was pretty chill, which I’m not complaining about one bit! We did a lot around the house and with Avett, but not much else. The last few months have been busy & the next few months look to be the same way, so I was thankful for a slower August.
A few highlights of August include joining an in person book club and meeting for the first time, grabbing dinner and drinks with friends a few times, and meeting author Katherine Center while she was on tour for her newest book Things You Save in a Fire!
Things are slowly feeling like home around here! This month we focused on a few outdoor projects. Our backyard was in need of some TLC, so this month we added mulch to most of the beds, removed a dead bush & made plans for the rest of the yard that we can do later this fall. It’s amazing how something small like mulch can make such a BIG difference in how a space looks! We have lots of ideas brewing for what we can do in the back yard & we can’t wait to start them!
Books I read this month
August wasn’t the best reading month for me. Some month are great in terms of the amount I read and the quality of books I read, but other months aren’t as great! I read quite a few books that I didn’t end up liking (that’s the worst!) but I read two really great books, so it wasn’t a total loss! You can see my August reading list here.
What I purchased
–These gold floral earrings | These will be so cute with sweaters this fall!
–A classic crewneck sweater | I have this in two colors from last year and wore them SO often that I ordered another color for fall!
–The coziest blanket | Is there anything better than a good, cozy blanket?!
Favorite blog posts on Life with Emily
–My Most Worn Items from Summer | I’m not quite ready to put these pieces away for fall!
–101 in 1001 List Update no. 1 | I’m really enjoying crossing items off of my list!
–10 Things We Have Purchased for Our Home | We still have a lot of items we want to purchase, but these are a good start!
Current favorites on repeat
- BEAUTY: I have been living for face oils lately – they make a huge difference on my skin! In particular I have loved beautycounter’s face oil & Kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate.
- CLOTHING: I have been wearing this top on repeat! It’s so breathable and lightweight!
- TV SHOWS: I totally forgot about Younger, so I have been catching up on the most recent season! I’m totally #TeamCharles! I also finished The Bold Type and I’m so sad I’m all caught up.
- PODCAST: I just finished listening to 22 Hours and it’s absolutely positively crazy. Have any other podcast recs?
- AUDIOBIOOK: I’m listening to I’ll Be Gone In the Dark – it’s such a well researched book and I’m happy to finally get to it! I’ve been listening to it during the day and reading it whenever I can!
- CURRENTLY READING: I have about ~100 pages left of Before We Were Yours (loving it!) and I’m currently trying to figure out what to read next… always a tough choice!