A Fall Picnic with Friends

Fall in the south may just be one of my favorite things! After a brutally hot summer, it’s so nice to be able to step outside and enjoy it! Lately we have been spending a lot of time outdoors – whether we’re sitting on our porch, grilling, or dining al fresco! Another great way to spend time outdoors? A fall picnic! It’s a great, easy way to get outside and that’s exactly what we did a few weekends ago in Tennessee while at RT Lodge.

Jessica, Lauren & I always have a great time when we get together and had a great time in Tennessee. When we arrived into town we set up shop picnic style and spent a few hours catching up on life & enjoying the outdoors.

If you’re looking for a chic setup for a picnic (or even need items for a styled shoot!) look no further than Picnic Time! We ordered a picnic basket from them that comes with everything you’ll need for a picnic, including silverware, plates & cups! We also ordered this 3-tiered serving ladder and cheese board to complete our picnic! Each of these items could easily be used for other forms of entertaining as well!

tips for a successful picnic

1. check the weather | nothing will ruin a picnic quicker than a rainstorm!
  2. prep everything ahead of time | make sure that you have all of the utensils, napkins & extra items you may need! I love this picnic basket because it comes with all the essentials and they’re not plastic (aka they won’t blow away!)
  3. pick the perfect spot | whether it’s a local park or you take a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway for leaf peeping, choose a spot where you can enjoy your surroundings!
  4. plan a picnic worthy menu | when I think of the perfect picnic I think of mets & cheeses and some delicious handheld snacks!
  5. pack a blanket or two | don’t forget to bring a blanket to sit on & one in case you get cold, too!
  6. bring your favorite drink of choice | bring your favorite drink to sip as you catch up with your friends or s.o. A bottle of wine is an easy drink to bring (bonus: the basket has a wine opener!)

p.s. if you’re looking to extend the life of your pumpkins after Halloween, make them the base of a flower arrangement, like this one! It’s very easy and makes a unique centerpiece or arrangement!

shop our outfits

This post is in partnership with Picnic Time. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

Shop the post

1. Brooke wrote:

I love the idea of turning a pumpkin into a vase! I’ve never even thought of that and it looks beautiful with the white pumpkin.

Posted 10.24.19 Reply
  2. Amanda wrote:

My best friend is coming this week, and I was just thinking about how great a fall picnic would be!

Posted 10.24.19 Reply
  3. Megan wrote:

This looks like so much fun! I love it and you all look so good!

Posted 10.29.19 Reply
  4. roxyturtle wrote:

I love picnicking in the Fall!! Your set is so cute and I love that 3-tiered platter. Also the pumpkin floral arrangement is a marvelous idea.

Posted 10.29.19 Reply
  5. This looks like such a fun time with the girls! xoxo sarah

Posted 10.29.19 Reply

My husband and I have been spending time outside every chance we get. With the weather cooling down and the sun not beating on us quite so hard, it’s been wonderful being outdoors. We picnicked at a winery yesterday, and did a cheese tray and it was phenomenal! I love your ideas!

Posted 10.29.19 Reply
  7. Rachel wrote:

I’m such a sucker for a good picnic and this one is absolutely magical! Love the three tiered serving platter for cheese, it’s adorable!

Rachel

Posted 10.29.19 Reply
  8. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

I LOVE that picnic basket! I need to get one for next summer ( i wish we could still picnic here in the fall but it’s freezing!)

Posted 10.29.19 Reply
  9. Stephani wrote:

This picnic looks so beautiful!! I am going to need to plan a fall picnic since our weather is still nice!

Xo, stephani

Posted 10.29.19 Reply
  10. Lizzie wrote:

So beautiful! I’ve been wanting to go on a fall picnic! You’ve inspired me 🙂

Posted 10.30.19 Reply
  11. Fall picnic for the win! Everything looks amazing. Such a great set up.

❥ tanvii.com

Posted 10.30.19 Reply
  12. What a fun set up! The pumpkin as a vase is PERFECT, I love that you used a white pumpkin. I have a similar jacket!

Posted 10.31.19 Reply
  13. Annie wrote:

Those pumpkins and dahlias are stunning! I love this fun fall picnic setup, looks incredible!

Posted 10.31.19 Reply
  14. Kristina wrote:

I’ve always wanted to get a cute picnic basket like that- and that tiered serving tray is pretty cool too!

Posted 11.4.19 Reply

• We’re having a BOY!!!!!!!💙👶🏻🤰🏼we are so excited to be adding a baby boy to our family this July! 🥰 Our sweet little one is already so loved & we can’t wait for all the memories to come with our baby boy! Couldn’t be more thrilled to be a #boymom & be the 👸🏼 in a house full of boys! 🤵🏻👶🏻🐶🐱 #genderreveal #babyboy #itsaboy #werehavingaboy #pregnant #genderrevealparty #boydad #parentstobe #boyparents #stylethebump #bumpfriendly #expectingparents #pregnancyannouncement #pregnantblogger
  • It’s GENDER REVEAL day!💙👶🏻💕We’re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! I’m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think we’re having a BOY or GIRL?! 👶🏻
....
1. No morning sickness 💙
2. Chinese calendar says girl 💕
3. The ring test says boy 💙
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl 💕
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry💙
6. Pregnancy acne means girl💕
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately💙
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones💙
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so 💕or💙
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 💙
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says I’ve been a bit moody 🤣💕
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? 🧰
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) 🙌🏻
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & it’s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • It’s another rainy day here (we’re on day 7163 I’m pretty sure!) 💦 I’m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! 🌴 my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! 🌊 #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentine’s Day 💙 We’re celebrating our 10th Valentine’s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏻We’re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together🍴I love the life we have built together & can’t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad 🥰 p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! 😂 #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! 📖🕵🏼‍♀️This book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! 📚 Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder