Fall in the south may just be one of my favorite things! After a brutally hot summer, it’s so nice to be able to step outside and enjoy it! Lately we have been spending a lot of time outdoors – whether we’re sitting on our porch, grilling, or dining al fresco! Another great way to spend time outdoors? A fall picnic! It’s a great, easy way to get outside and that’s exactly what we did a few weekends ago in Tennessee while at RT Lodge.
Jessica, Lauren & I always have a great time when we get together and had a great time in Tennessee. When we arrived into town we set up shop picnic style and spent a few hours catching up on life & enjoying the outdoors.
If you’re looking for a chic setup for a picnic (or even need items for a styled shoot!) look no further than Picnic Time! We ordered a picnic basket from them that comes with everything you’ll need for a picnic, including silverware, plates & cups! We also ordered this 3-tiered serving ladder and cheese board to complete our picnic! Each of these items could easily be used for other forms of entertaining as well!
tips for a successful picnic
- check the weather | nothing will ruin a picnic quicker than a rainstorm!
- prep everything ahead of time | make sure that you have all of the utensils, napkins & extra items you may need! I love this picnic basket because it comes with all the essentials and they’re not plastic (aka they won’t blow away!)
- pick the perfect spot | whether it’s a local park or you take a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway for leaf peeping, choose a spot where you can enjoy your surroundings!
- plan a picnic worthy menu | when I think of the perfect picnic I think of mets & cheeses and some delicious handheld snacks!
- pack a blanket or two | don’t forget to bring a blanket to sit on & one in case you get cold, too!
- bring your favorite drink of choice | bring your favorite drink to sip as you catch up with your friends or s.o. A bottle of wine is an easy drink to bring (bonus: the basket has a wine opener!)
p.s. if you’re looking to extend the life of your pumpkins after Halloween, make them the base of a flower arrangement, like this one! It’s very easy and makes a unique centerpiece or arrangement!
shop our outfits
This post is in partnership with Picnic Time. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.