A Friendsgiving Tablescape & Ideas for Hosting!

It’s hard to believe the holidays are just around the corner! With Thanksgiving almost a month away, it’s time to start thinking about how you plan on spending the holidays! For us, holidays tend to be a little chaotic between trying to fit in time with each of our families, getting together with friends & allowing time to ourselves, too!

With all of our friends spread out across different states it can be hard to find a time to all get together, but it usually ends up being around the holidays. If you’re looking for a way to get everyone together, hosting Friendsgiving is a great way to do so! I have been to a few Friendsgiving dinners and they’re always fun, relaxing and a great way to catch up with those who are dear to you!

Today I’m excited to share our take on a Friendsgiving dinner tablescape and share a few tips in order to make your Friendsgiving a success for you and your guests! Be sure to head over to Jessica’s post about dressing for Friendsgiving & Lauren’s post complete with family recipes!

Tips & Ideas for hosting Friendsgiving

FORM A GUEST LIST & WORK OUT A DATE

Nothing says you’re thankful for your friends than having them over for a Friendsgiving celebration! Half of the struggle of planning things around the holidays is coming up with a date that works with everyone! Since the holidays tend to be busy, think about having it a few weeks before Thanksgiving! That will give everyone time to plan accordingly, perfect their dishes & it’s safe to say no one will be Turkey’d out yet!

MAKE IT A POTLUCK & PLAN THE DISHES

Having Friendsgiving potluck style takes some of the stress off of YOU (the host!) and it allows for everyone to come together over food! To make sure there aren’t doubles of certain dishes you can assign each person a category (potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, dessert, etc.) to make sure there is an even amount of each dish! Be sure to let your guests know how many people will be attending & if there are any dietary restrictions so that they can cook accordingly!

SET THE SCENE WITH DECOR & SERVEWARE

Friendsgiving is the perfect time to pull out all of your dinner and serveware! We used items from Vietri for our Friendsgiving and they worked perfectly for the overall vibe we wanted in addition to the other items for our tablescape. The brand is made in Italy and has a wide selection of styles, so they’re sure to have something that will look great no matter the aesthetic you’re looking to acheive. The Forma collection was exactly what we had in mind for our tablescape. We kept the decor relatively simple by adding “outdoor” elements like pinecones and greenery.

MAKE A FUN PLAYLIST & ALLOW FOR LOTS OF MINGLING!

Set the tone of the evening by creating a playlist for the evening! If you’re not into creating one on your own, Pandora has a great station called Hipster Cocktail Party. It has been listened to *many* times with our friends ha! Create a relaxing environment by making sure there are hors d’oeurves that people can pick up and eat while mingling with friends! And of course you can’t forget the cocktails! Make sure you have a variety of beverages (both alcoholic and non!) available!

the details

table details | Dinner Plates, Napkins, Small Rectangular Platter, Square Baking Dish, Bud Vase, and Wine Glasses c/o Vietri
my outfit details | Long Plaid Blazer, Cashmere Sweater, Block Heels c/o Talbots
other outfit details | on Jessica:burgundy blazer, equestrian top, suede ankle boots onLauren: mockneck sweater, cognac blazer, leather & tweed booties on Madison: equestrian links top, cream cardigan, black booties.
photography: Morgan Smythe Photography & location: RT Lodge

Shop the post

1. Carrington Barfield wrote:

OMG how fun! I love this idea and you executed it beautifully. I had a friendsgiving years ago, but I think I’m about due for another one! 😉

Posted 10.17.19 Reply
  2. Laura wrote:

Oh wow! That table and setting are just gorgeous. I love everything about this, these are great hosting ideas.

Posted 10.17.19 Reply
  3. Kim wrote:

This tablescape and the scenery are fabulous! The florals are so pretty!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 10.17.19 Reply
  4. Anna English wrote:

This is such a cute spot, and even better setup! I’ll definitely be hosting a friendsgiving this year.

Posted 10.17.19 Reply
  5. Rachel wrote:

I am such a sucker for Friendsgiving!!! Love the idea of hosting it outside (if the weather cooperates!) versus inside – so much more magical!

Rachel

Posted 10.17.19 Reply
  6. annie wrote:

Wow! This is so stunning! I’d love to do something like this. Where did you host this event? I’ve never seen anything like this, but the standing fireplace in the background set against the woods was incredibly beautiful and enigmatic!

Posted 10.17.19 Reply
  7. Jessi wrote:

Such a pretty location!

Posted 10.17.19 Reply
  8. kileen wrote:

This is sooo cute babe!! Love the tablescape and the gorgeous setup. Such a fun a idea!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 10.18.19 Reply
  9. The flowers and outdoor space is absolutely stunning for a Friendsgiving!

Posted 10.18.19 Reply
  10. Lizzie wrote:

This is the most beautiful set up! Lovely photos too! Would love to do something like this!

Posted 10.18.19 Reply

Talk about the most beautiful tablescape and scenery ever. I would never want to leave Friendsgiving!

Posted 10.18.19 Reply
  12. Maureen wrote:

This looks so fun and everything looks so beautiful. I want to have a Friendsgiving now!

Maureen

Posted 10.18.19 Reply
  13. Looks like a great time with friends! Such a beautiful table.

Posted 10.21.19 Reply

• I’ll take all things bright & colorful, please! 💕 daydreaming about the day when I have somewhere to go so I can wear these pieces! 🙌🏻 sharing this roundup of spring finds today on lifewithemilyblog.com OR you can shop it at the link in bio + @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2PCh6 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKspring #springfinds #warmweather #springstyles
  • 3️⃣2️⃣ looks good on you, @nick_wilkinson1! 🎉 happy birthday my love! I love you more than you know! I’m so grateful for the life we have built together & I’m thankful to be by your side through it all. I can’t wait to celebrate another year of you & watch you become a dad in a few short months! 👶🏻 cheers to another year of memories together! 💙#happybirthday #32ndbirthday #birthdayboy
  • Another rainy day ☔️ wishing for warmer days + being able to get dressed up to head out! But instead we’re curled up on the couch and are having a crock pot meal tonight... not mad about it! 💙 This maxi dress is so stunning in person & is so comfortable! Can’t wait to wear it out again! Shop everything here (earrings are $8, dress fits oversized I’m in an XS) http://liketk.it/2PgfP @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKspring  #fpxme #freepeople
  • Anyone else been tinkering with spaces around their house during quarantine?! 🙋🏼‍♀️I know I sure have! I have been using a mix of what I already own & what I have picked up from @kirklands (buy online, curbside pick up is a game changer!) to switch up spaces! 🙌🏻Best part is, I was able to refresh this space using only 4 items all for under $100! It's so easy to change out a few pieces to give a totally different look. [ad] shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2OYgA #LTKhome
#refresh4less #kirklandsinsiders #kirklandsfinds #kirklandshappiness
  • What are you looking forward to doing after quarantine?! 💕 A few things I’m looking forward to (full list on lifewithemilyblog.com):
•seeing our friends & family
•date nights & eating at our favorite local spots again 🍽 hoping we can squeeze in a few date nights while it’s just the 2 of us!
•getting my hair cut & my nails done 💇🏼‍♀️💅🏻My hair was in desperate need of a trim before... now it’s just embarrassing 😂

Shop this look here: http://liketk.it/2OOhX @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #pinkblushmaternity #pinkblush #pregnant #30weekspregnant #30weeks #pregnancystyle #maternitystyle #bumpstyle #stylethebump
  • 30 week “bumpdate”💙 it’s hard to believe that we will be meeting our little one in 10 weeks or less! 👶🏻I can’t believe just how quickly time has flown by!
•Baby boy is the size of a cantaloupe this week 🍈 + measures roughly 16in & 3lbs
•He is moving around like CRAZY lately! One of our favorite things to do at night is to watch/feel him moving.
• I am in full nesting mode! We are still working on his nursery but it’s quickly becoming my fav room in the house!
• We have been soaking up all of this time just the two of us during quarantine! We’ve been giving 🐶&🐱sooo much attention since we know their life is going to change drastically in July!

#bumpdate #30weeks #30weekspregnant #bumpstyle #stylethebump #maternitystyle #boymom #babyboy #momtobe #mama #pregnantblogger #expecting #bump #thebump #pregnant #pregnancyannouncement #mamatobe