My Fall Bucket List

Now that we’re into October, it’s finally starting to feel more and more like fall here in North Carolina! Fall is one of my favorite seasons, especially in our great state, because the weather is wonderful, the leaves begin changing, and there’s excitement in the air with football, outdoor activities & the thought of upcoming holidays! Since there are still plenty of fall days ahead of us I wanted to create a fall bucket list (you can see my 2018 fall bucket list here) to share with you all! If you’re looking for some fun fall ideas be sure to keep reading!

my fall bucket list

VISIT A PUMPKIN PATCH | There are so many cute, locally owned pumpkin patches within driving distance & I would love to visit one this fall. It’s a fun outdoor activity and it’s a great way to support locally, too!

GO APPLE PICKING | It has been years since I have gone apple picking & I hope to make it to an Apple farm this year! There’s nothing better than fresh, ripe apples! I’m already thinking of the baked goods we could make from them.

DECORATE OUR FRONT PORCH FOR FALL | This is the first year where we have an actual front porch that we can decorate! I am beyond excited to decorate our porch for fall & the upcoming holidays! I’m planning on picking up lanterns, mums & pumpkins.

TRY A NEW FALL COCKTAIL | I’m typically a creature of habit when it comes to what I like to drink! I would love to try (and make!) a fall or holiday themed cocktail, like this pomegranate one my friend Jess made!

TRY A FEW NEW FALL RECIPES | Is there anything better than fall cooking?! Give me all the crockpot, warm & delicious meals! Nick and I love cooking and trying new recipes together, so I would love to try out a few new recipes this fall.

READ A FEW SPOOKY BOOKS | Need to get into the Halloween or holiday spirit?! My favorite way is to read a book that pertains to the holiday. For Halloween I suggest reading Rebecca or another spooky read! And for the holidays I adored The Winter Street series by Elin Hilderbrand.

CARVE A PUMPKIN | Admittedly, carving pumpkins isn’t a talent of mine! They usually turn out SO bad, but it’s always a fun time attempting to carve them and it’s all about the memories, right?!

TAKE A DAY TRIP TO SEE THE LEAVES CHANGING | We are less than two hours away from the mountains, so it’s an easy, quick trip to go see the leaves changing! We enjoy the drive to the mountains, especially as the leaves are changing… it’s so magical! There’s nothing better than taking a long drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway and taking in all the leaves and mountains.

HOST FAMILY AT OUR HOUSE AROUND THE HOLIDAYS | Now that we have the space to entertain, we are looking forward to having our families over for the holidays! We are starting a new tradition this year of having our families and friends (whoever is in town!) over the Tuesday before Thanksgiving for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. We think it will be a great way to get together and spend some time together before the chaos of the holiday season begins.

HAVE A MOVIE NIGHT BY THE FIRE | I’m really looking forward to cozying up with a warm blanket by the fire and watching some of my favorite holiday movies!

CREATE A THANKFUL LIST | Sometimes we just need to take a moment to truly remember what we are thankful for & the things that matter the most.

What are your plans this fall?!

1. Rach DiMare wrote:

This is such a fun Fall list! I have the same thing and I can’t wait to get started!

Posted 10.8.19 Reply
  2. Rachel wrote:

Loving your fall bucket list! I’m heading up to do some apple and pumpkin picking in a few weeks and I am so excited!

Rachel

Posted 10.8.19 Reply
  3. Lizzie wrote:

A lot of these are on my fall bucket list too! So many fun things 🙂 Hope you get to do all of them!

Lizzie

Posted 10.8.19 Reply
  4. Scarlett wrote:

So many fun things on this list! I am planning on carving pumpkins this weekend and am crossing my fingers it looks decent! But as you said, it will be a fun memory regardless!
    xo, Scarlett

Posted 10.8.19 Reply
  5. Love this list! I have to try out that fall cocktail too- sounds delicious!! xoxo sarah

Posted 10.8.19 Reply
  6. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

great list! I just shared my fall one on my blog last week, I definitely want to add some of the ideas off yours!

Posted 10.8.19 Reply
  7. kileen wrote:

Love these Fall ideas! I just got done decorating my front porch for Fall, definitely one of my favorite things to do!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 10.9.19 Reply
  8. Kate wrote:

Love, Love, Love!! I need to do all of these!

K A T E

Posted 10.9.19 Reply

I love this list! A lot of the items on it are similar to mine, which makes me smile. I can’t wait to see what you end up accomplishing by the end of the season.

Posted 10.9.19 Reply
  10. roxyturtle wrote:

Lots of great ideas here! I always love finding new cocktail and mocktail recipes, especially for the season! And heck yes to taking a day trip to see the leaves! It’s so worth it to see Fall’s beauty.

Posted 10.9.19 Reply
  11. Oh I love your bucket lists! I’m hoping the rain holds out to do some pumpkin and apple picking this weekend!

Posted 10.10.19 Reply
  12. Kristina wrote:

Ahh I’m so sad that we couldn’t decorate for fall this season but we’re smack dab in the middle of packing up and moving. I am also looking up to cozying up by the fire.. can’t wait to have a real fireplace!

Posted 10.11.19 Reply
  13. Taylor wrote:

So many fun ideas!

Xx Taylor

Posted 10.14.19 Reply
  14. Azanique Rawl wrote:

I would love to go apple picking and take a trip to Asheville! I need to create a larger list 🙂

-xo, Azanique

Posted 10.15.19 Reply

• We’re having a BOY!!!!!!!💙👶🏻🤰🏼we are so excited to be adding a baby boy to our family this July! 🥰 Our sweet little one is already so loved & we can’t wait for all the memories to come with our baby boy! Couldn’t be more thrilled to be a #boymom & be the 👸🏼 in a house full of boys! 🤵🏻👶🏻🐶🐱 #genderreveal #babyboy #itsaboy #werehavingaboy #pregnant #genderrevealparty #boydad #parentstobe #boyparents #stylethebump #bumpfriendly #expectingparents #pregnancyannouncement #pregnantblogger
  • It’s GENDER REVEAL day!💙👶🏻💕We’re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! I’m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think we’re having a BOY or GIRL?! 👶🏻
....
1. No morning sickness 💙
2. Chinese calendar says girl 💕
3. The ring test says boy 💙
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl 💕
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry💙
6. Pregnancy acne means girl💕
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately💙
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones💙
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so 💕or💙
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 💙
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says I’ve been a bit moody 🤣💕
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? 🧰
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) 🙌🏻
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & it’s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • It’s another rainy day here (we’re on day 7163 I’m pretty sure!) 💦 I’m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! 🌴 my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! 🌊 #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentine’s Day 💙 We’re celebrating our 10th Valentine’s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏻We’re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together🍴I love the life we have built together & can’t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad 🥰 p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! 😂 #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! 📖🕵🏼‍♀️This book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! 📚 Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder