Three Ways to Achieve a Welcoming Guest Room

Even though we have been in our home for almost five months, there are still many things we are still searching high and low for to complete spaces within our home! Making a house feel like home is quite the process and it definitely takes time. One of the spaces we wanted to make sure that was ready before the holidays was our main guest room, since we will be having family and friends visiting. While we’re still searching for a few pieces of furniture for the space, I wanted to share three easy ways to achieve a welcoming guest room for your company today!I was thrilled when Serena & Lily reached out to help spruce up one of our guest rooms. For the better part of two months it had served as a room to dump boxes & miscellaneous items we weren’t quite sure what to do with just yet. It was an eyesore and was driving us both crazy, so we were excited to spruce it up a bit. I am so in love with how it turned out!

Three ways to achieve a welcoming guest room

When we upgraded to a king bed for our master bedroom before our move, we transitioned our queen upholstered panel bed to the guest room. Having a queen bed in a guest room ensures that two people can comfortably stay with you! We knew we wanted our taste reflected in the space while also making it a welcoming, cozy space for our guests.

INVEST IN QUALITY BEDDING

You know that feeling when you sink into a cozy hotel bed?! It’s one of the best feelings and that’s something we wanted our guests to feel as well! We outfitted the guest bed with bedding and linens from Serena & Lily, a brand that is known for best-in-class bedding and accessories.

We kept the overall look of the bedroom classic with a white border duvet cover & white textured pillows. We added touches of calming blue hues with the plaid sheet set, assorted throw pillows & a navy coverlet.

ADD PLUSH TOWELS FOR THE GUEST BATHROOM

Having plush towels when bathing makes *the biggest* difference. These striped beach club towels are the softest towels I have ever felt! The bath towels are oversized and cozy, while the hand towels and plush and thick! I totally want to take them for our bathroom when we aren’t hosting guests haha!

PROVIDE ALL THE ESSENTIALS YOUR GUESTS MAY NEED

I can’t tell you how many times I have been traveling and forgot something I needed, whether it was toiletries or a phone charger. Make sure your guest bedroom and bathroom is stocked with anything your guests may have forgotten! Another nice touch is to make sure you provide the wifi username & password so they don’t even have to ask! I also always make sure to provide a few extra pillows and throw blankets in the space too, just in case they need them!

We are still looking to add some art, different furniture, etc. we are so happy with the change the bedding made in the space. These three small steps will help ensure that your guests have a wonderful, comfortable stay!

white border duvet cover | white textured pillows | navy textured pillowsplaid sheet set | navy coverlet | navy stripe tassel pillow & pillow insert | starburst pillow | cotton tassel throw blanket | lidded baskets all c/o Serena & Lily | grey upholstered panel bed

shop our guest room details

*This post is in partnership with Serena & Lily. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

Shop the post

1. This is such a great post! I just stayed at a friends house and oh my gosh the comforter was SO plush! I melted into the bed, I swear. Great tips and I love the color scheme!

Posted 10.31.19 Reply
  2. Carrington Barfield wrote:

I love the colors you used here! They are so welcoming and calming. Blues are so good to incorporate into a room IMO!

Posted 10.31.19 Reply
  3. This is SO charming! I love what you picked out.

xx rebecca // http://www.rebeccapiersol.me

Posted 10.31.19 Reply
  4. This room is beautiful! I love the blue and neutral tones to it- so comfy and cozy! xoxo sarah

Posted 10.31.19 Reply
  5. kileen wrote:

Such a great post! Love how cozy and welcoming your guest room looks, inspires me to change up mine!

Kileen

Posted 10.31.19 Reply
  6. roxyturtle wrote:

This looks like heaven! If I were a guest I’d feel so luxuriated over staying in this beautiful room. I absolutely love Serena & Lily!

Posted 11.1.19 Reply
  7. Lizzie wrote:

These are really great tips! Gorgeous photos too! Love how everything turned out!

Posted 11.1.19 Reply
  8. I’m so glad I found your post – this style is gorgeous! Those scalloped linens are on my holiday wishlist now – they’re so beautiful!

Posted 11.1.19 Reply

I’ll be the first to admit that the reason for our lack of a guest room is because I wanted an office instead. Oops, I know that’s so selfish! But maybe one day I’ll have a guest room in our home that’s as gorgeous as yours! I love the crisp blues and whites together.

Posted 11.2.19 Reply
  10. hillheady wrote:

I’m loving this entire space!! it looks so cozy and I’ve got to get my hands on those baskets in the last photo!!

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  11. Lauren wrote:

These are great tips! I love the tray on the bed with bath towels!

Posted 11.4.19 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly