Gift Guide | Gift Ideas for the Book Lover

Hi friends! I’m kicking off my gift guide series this year with one that has been highly requested: a gift guide for the book lovers! As an avid reader and book lover, I am so excited for this post! I tried my best to create a comprehensive guide that wasn’t just books. I hope you find it helpful & if you have any other great ideas, be sure to leave them in the comments so that we can see!

Gift ideas for the book lover in your life

1. BOOK CLUB SWEATSHIRT | how adorable is this book club sweatshirt?! I think I *need* this!
  2. MAGNETIC BOOKMARKS | I’m definitely a bookmark person (no dog eared books over here!) and these magnetic bookmarks are great. They’re lightweight, large enough that you can see your spot & they come in so many different colors here.
  3. HOMESICK “LIBRARY” CANDLE | I recently received this candle as a gift and it smells incredible, even when it’s not lit! This would be a great gift for the book lover who loves her local library!
  4. KINDLE PAPERWHITE E-READER | I used to be a tried-and-true paper book gal, but after going on a month long trip and being limited on the amount of physical books I could bring, I grabbed a Kindle Paperwhite. I absolutely love this tablet. The pages read a bit like a physical book, it’s not harsh on your eyes like an iPad or other tablet and the battery life lasts quite a long time.
  5. BOOKSHELF COFFEE TUMBLER | Know someone who loves books & coffee? This tumbler is the perfect gift! It will keep their coffee hot for as long as they want to read!
  6. AUDIOBOOK SUBSCRIPTION | I really love listening to Audiobooks when getting ready, anytime I travel & even when cleaning the house. Audible has some really great gifting specials – ranging from one month to twelve months. LibroFM is also a fantastic audio option. LibroFM allows you to support a local bookstore when you purchase audiobooks.
  7. TOP BOOKS OF 2019 | If you’re wanting to get someone a book this season, be sure to pick up one of the top books of the year for a crowd pleaser! A few great picks are Daisy Jones & The Six, A Woman is No Man, and The Family Upstairs. You can see all of my book recommendations HERE.
  8. BATH TRAY | I love grabbing my book and soaking in the bath while I read. I enjoy this book tray because it keeps my book dry (ha!) and I can hold my wine on it as well. It even expands, so it should fit most bath tubs.
  9. BOOKSTACK ORNAMENT | I think this ornament is an adorable way to share the love of reading to a Christmas tree!
  10. PINEAPPLE BOOKENDS | These are a chic way to keep books organized on a bookshelf! I have similar ones and they make a fun statement.
  11. LIBRARY CARD SOCKS | I stumbled upon these socks and thought they were so adorable! They come in a few colors, too!
  12. MY WEEKEND IS BOOKED TOTE | Reusable totes like this one are great for picking up library books, traveling with books or running errands!
  13. AGATE BOOKENDS | If you’re looking for a glam statement piece for the book lover in your life, be sure to grab these bookends!
  14. LEOPARD PRINT BOOKMARK | I can’t even handle how cute this bookmark is! Perfect if someone likes a more traditional bookmark. Santa, can this be in my stocking?!
  15. RECHARGEABLE  BOOK LIGHT | I have a similar book light and love the fact that it can be recharged via a USB plug. It’s really convenient, especially when traveling!
  16. JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER MUG | Coffee and book loves, unite! Throw in a small packet of tea, coffee or hot cocoa to complete the gift!
  17. BOOK VASE | Is this not so adorable?! It would look great in an office with fresh blooms.
  18. COZY THROW BLANKET | Nothing better than getting comfy with a cozy blanket and a good book! Best combination, in my opinion!
  19. THOUGHTS NOTEBOOK | If the book lover in your life likes to take notes on their books or reading goals, this is a great notebook to do so!
  20. BOOK OF THE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION | I have been a BOTM member for two years and I cannot recommend it enough. They always have such great selections for book lovers each month. You can sign up HERE and get a gift HERE. I also did a whole BOTM FAQ blog post!
  21. PAGE HOLDER | I have been seeing these page holders around a lot more and it’s a great way to immerse yourself in your book without having to juggle holding the pages, too!
  22. ONE MORE CHAPTER PILLOW | A fun little throw pillow to add to your favorite reading nook.

shop gifts for the book lover

Shop the post

1. oh my gosh this is such a cute idea for a gift guide!!!! definitely saving this one for later!

xx rebecca // thecrystalpress.com

Posted 11.19.19 Reply
  2. Lizzie wrote:

This is such a great gift guide! Definitely going to utilize this for my mom. She lovesss books!

Lizzie

Posted 11.19.19 Reply
  3. Allie Coleman wrote:

Best gift guide ever! I think I *need* that sweatshirt too!

Posted 11.19.19 Reply
  4. lee wrote:

Aw this is such a unique gift guide, i love it!!

Posted 11.19.19 Reply
  5. Rach wrote:

Love this!! I’m a book lover and definitely would love to receive these as gifts!

Posted 11.19.19 Reply
  6. Stephani wrote:

Omg I love this idea!! What a great gift guide and unique too!

Xo, Steph

Posted 11.19.19 Reply

My sister is nearly as much of a bookworm as I am, and I think I may just need to get her that mug and the gadget that holds open the book for you! She’d love those!

Posted 11.19.19 Reply
  8. Dani wrote:

I love this list! Definitely need to get that candle and rechargeable book light!

Posted 11.19.19 Reply
  9. Rachel wrote:

I need one of each!! So many great gift ideas, especially the sweatshirt!

Rachel

Posted 11.19.19 Reply
  10. Kileen wrote:

These ideas are so perfect! There are so many wonderful gifts here!!
    Kileen

Posted 11.20.19 Reply
  11. Marlene wrote:

Thanks for the great ideas, I’m going to check out the subscription! My mother-in-law is a book lover and this sounds perfect for her

Posted 11.20.19 Reply
  12. I love this! Perfect ideas for the name draw for my boyfriend! He LOVES to read.

Posted 11.21.19 Reply

• We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant