Gift Ideas for the Entertainer + Host

Can you believe that it’s the week of Thanksgiving?! This entire year, especially this month, has flown by! I’m looking forward to spending time with family and friends this week and eating allll the delicious foods! For today’s gift guide I’m sharing gift ideas for two people in your life. First up, the entertainer. We all have a person in our lives that loves to entertain, goes the extra mile for parties and really does it up for any occasion! The second is the host. Chances are you have holiday parties coming up over the next few weeks, so be sure to give them something good! All of these gifts are thoughtful, useful & functional! As I have gotten older I appreciate the thoughtful, functional gifts more and more so those are always ones I like to gift, too!

personalized wine tote

gift ideas for the host or entertainer

gifts for the entertainer & host

1. PERSONALIZED WINE GLASSES | These personalized wine glasses are a nice, simple gift to give! They come in a set of two and you could easily pair it with a bottle of wine.
  2. COOKBOOKS | I love collecting and gifting cookbooks! If you know someone who loves to cook, a cookbook makes a great gift! A few of my favorites are Whiskey in a Teacup, Antoni in the Kitchen, and The Southerner’s Cookbook.
  3. BON APPETIT NAPKIN SET | How adorable are these bon appetite napkins?! Perfect addition to the tablescape.
  4. STRIPE APRON | Can’t go wrong with giving someone that loves to cook an apron! Protect those clothes at all costs ha!
  5. PERSONALIZED BARRINGTON WINE TOTE | I recently got this personalized wine tote and I’m so impressed with it! The inside is insulated and has a divider so you can fit two bottles of wine! It comes in a variety of colors and prints and would make a great gift!
  6. FLORAL SPATULA | This is a cute spatula. You could gift this and the whisk together with a cookbook!
  7. FLORAL WHISK | Again, another adorable cooking utensil! I’m a big fan of giving gift baskets and this would be great in one for someone who loves to cook or bake.
  8. MARBLE & WOOD CHEESE BOARD | This cheese board is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
  9. OVEN MITT & POTHOLDER SET | We love this mitt & potholder set. We have a few of them from our wedding registry and they have held up so well.
  10. SPOON REST | Spoon rests are great, especially around the holidays when numerous things are being cooked.
  11. DIFFUSER | A diffuser is a great way to provide a subtle smell to a room. I have these in a few of our rooms and love the smell. They’re under $30!
  12. INITIAL WINE STOPPER | A wine stopper and a bottle of wine make a great gift!
  13. AGATE WINE CHARMS | Wine charms come in handy when you’re hosting or at a party where people are drinking the same wine! These are too cute!
  14. KITCHEN TOWELS | These are our all time favorite towels! They hold up well and are so thick. We have gifted these to numerous people over the years.
  15. INITIAL BEVELED CHEESE BOARD | I love the style of these cheese board and the initial is such a fun touch.
  16. BOTTLE OPENER | This is a chic bottle opener. Pair this with a six pack of beer and you’ve got your gift covered!
  17. CAPRI BLUE TREE CANDLE | I love that Capri Blue came out with a stackable tree candle for the holiday season!
  18. CUSTOM ADDRESS STAMP | We are still in need of getting a new address stamp since moving and this company has the cutest options!
  19. MARBLE COASTER SET | These are a cute set, perfect for gifting to a host.
  20. PLUSH THROW BLANKET | Is there anything better than cuddling up under a cozy blanket when it’s cold out?! This one comes in a ton of colors and it’s under $40.
  21. A BOTTLE OF WINE OR BUBBLY | Almost everyone appreciates a good bottle of wine or bubbly.
  22. BOTTLE OF MATCHSTICKS | These are a fun, unique gift. Anytime anyone comes over or I share these on IG I get a lot of compliments on them!
  23. CAPRI BLUE CANDLE | Hands down one of my favorite candles ever. There’s no comparison to how good these candles smell!
  24. STAINLESS STEEL MIXING BOWLS | We use these bowls on a weekly basis. They come in handy for everything from meal prepping to baking!
  25. SOAP & LOTION SET | Another great gift items is this soap and lotion set. They have a lot of scents that smell so good.
  26. LEATHER WINE TOTE | I love how simplistic this leather wine tote is. You can get it with or without personalization.

shop gifts for the entertainer + host below

Shop the post

1. Lizzie wrote:

These are all such great hostess gift ideas! I actually want them all for myself ha!

Lizzie

Posted 11.25.19 Reply
  2. lee wrote:

Great gift ideas Emily! I really need to get started on my holiday shopping – that’s my plan for this week!

Posted 11.25.19 Reply

Fun coffee table cookbooks, personalized gear, and wine are always good ideas! My husband and I just got a subscription to Winc and I’m thinking even that may make a good gift for a host friend!

Posted 11.25.19 Reply
  4. Kileen wrote:

All of these are awesome ideas for the hostess! Loving that wine tote and that cheese board, so chic!!

Kileen

Posted 11.26.19 Reply
  5. Steph wrote:

Great gift ideas! I love those cheese boards and wine is always a good idea!!

Xo, Steph

Posted 11.26.19 Reply
  6. Morgan wrote:

I’m going to use this guide to shop for my mother and mother-in-law this year! Both love to host and also love home decor items!

-Morgan

Posted 11.26.19 Reply
  7. Wine and wine glasses are always the perfect hostess gift. Love all your other picks!

Posted 11.26.19 Reply
  8. Jasmine wrote:

I would so want the initial cheese board as a Christmas present.

Posted 12.1.19 Reply
  9. Brooke wrote:

I love the marble cheese board! It’s so pretty!! Great ideas!

Posted 12.1.19 Reply
  10. Ophelia wrote:

What great gift ideas! I’m also adding the marble cheese board to my wish list. I never knew I needed a cheese board this bad haha!

Posted 12.2.19 Reply
  11. Jackie wrote:

These are great ideas. That Decoy wine is a staple in our house.

Posted 12.2.19 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬